Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Theanalyst

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Cardiff City

Your predictions?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Match outcome?

OK chaps it was a dreadful dull and pretty lifeless affair on Sunday but let's move on. Next up is Cardiff and as far as I can see this really is the last chance saloon. Lose this one and It's definitely Adios Europe next season. So I for one would like to see Tim S through caution to the wind and get the boys to come out all guns blazing. That's with our two most exciting players, Eriksen and Townsend preferably backed by the twin towers of Vertongen and Kaboul. Let's support Ade by giving him Kane alongside and consign Soldado to the reserves (and then to the transfer market, enough is enough!).
With Lennons speed and Dembele we should have some chance of getting the ball from back to front quickly. Not sure what Paulinho's current problem is, a world-class player doesn't become rubbish overnight. As for the full backs, please get back Assou-Ekoto and Fredrickson, one a proven world class player and the other an outstanding prospect. Much has been said about our current pairing so nothing more to be gained on that front.
Having said all this, as fans we have little idea of what is going on behind the scenes and must trust TS at least until proven otherwise, Sunday notwithstanding at least as far as substitutes are concerned.
COYS

I don't think we can recall Ekotto after Jan.

We had a weak defense so I wouldn't want to go with gung-ho approach.

I would be happy with an ugly win 1-0. Just control the possession and bore Cardiff to death.

Hastings, Salopspur

Crom & I were in contention but Croms out with a broken flask & I'm out for 2 weeks with a broken walking stick

Crom's probably brickin it if they perform like they have the last 2 games against the taffs He won't be able to show his face around town without Havin the piss extracted

You are so right - at least the game is on Sunday, so I won't have to avoid going to the pub on Saturday if we lose.

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Fryers

Lennon Dembele Sandro Eriksen

Soldado Adebayor

Sandro has to start in my opinion. Also,Soldado showed enough tonight to warrant being picked for this match. I think things will

turn for him if he keeps getting in there. Townsend is shit and could do with a stint in the reserves.

Hopefully the crowd will get behind the team like they did tonight - it's been a long time since I've heard an atmosphere like that

at the Lane.

Oh, and we'll win 3-0

Cardiff game is too soon for Sandro.

If Lennon and Townsend help out defensively then we should be okay.

It's getting close for Soldado to score goals

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vert Fryers

Lennon Eriksen Dembele Townsend

Ade

Soldado

I want to see something a bit different, something I think plays more to the strengths of our squad.

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Verts Fryers

Capoue

Lennon Eriksen Chadli

Soldado Ade

I know it's a bit unconventional but I believe we have to get Eriksen into the middle, in more of a traditional #10 role, and the 4-4-2 just isn't doing it. I also think we need to get both Soldado and Ade on the pitch together more. Granted, this leaves both Paulinho and Dembele on the pine but Paulinho isn't suited to playing wide and Dembele hasn't shown me much in the last few matches.

No one is picking Bentaleb anymore except Sherwood. He was good for first few games because no one knows what he can do. I guess our opponents found out that Bentaleb's defending is poor and start to go after him a bit.

No one is picking Bentaleb anymore except Sherwood. He was good for first few games because no one knows what he can do. I guess our opponents found out that Bentaleb's defending is poor and start to go after him a bit.

I don't think Bentaleb is a problem and I have no issue picking him or bringing him in off the bench. I'm just not convinced he is best XI at this point. He really seems to prefer more of a central role and as such I can't pick him ahead of Eriksen or Paulinho offensively or ahead of Capoue or Sandro defensively. However, I do think he has a place on the Spurs first team squad.

I hope we go for this one , no injury time flicked winner please, I cant take the strain.

also I promise to behave myself , even though its against my current home town club and I can hopefully rip the piss out of everyone here by 6:30 , just a shame the rugby isn't this weekend and I can have had a double whammy of Spurs and England wins , blisss

I hope we go for this one , no injury time flicked winner please, I cant take the strain.

also I promise to behave myself , even though its against my current home town club and I can hopefully rip the piss out of everyone here by 6:30 , just a shame the rugby isn't this weekend and I can have had a double whammy of Spurs and England wins , blisss

If there's one person on here who would keep a promise to behave himself it's you....and I mean that most insincerely :-)