Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
midland spurs

Van gaal

Reports suggest he will take over in the summer after the world cup and listening to the man himself it's clear an arrangement is in place. For me he is a world class manager and is superb at moulding teams and developing young players. His Ajax team are still youngest ever to win CL. He guarantees trophies even at less fancied teams, look what he did at az alkmaar. He is very fiery though and strong willed so not sure how levy will handle him as levy likes it all to be about levy

I've said it once and I will say it again ,van gaal is a legend of the game but when he comes to spurs I will give him 3 months before levy pull his trigger finger and we will be left with all those prima donnas again with some shit manager that after 4 months still doesn't no his best 11

Manage this Manage that it's all shit.

It needs a motivator first & foremost.If you can't get these lazy fucwits to put in a shift your bolloxed. IMO 90% of them are too thick to take in tactics.

It is about time we had a manager in charge who genuinely excites potential targets and want to come to the club because of 'The Gaffer' we have had some decent managers but it is my opinion that we haven't had such a character in charge to generate Worldwide interest in Spurs since Terry Venables.. I also feel we haven't had a master tactician since then either, now what a co-incidence that a great name and respected figure in the game is able to do both.

World class players will cue up to play for van gaal. Sherwood would struggle massively in my opinion. If think Tim has done the best he could but it's about time we had a world class manager to rival a mouriniho etc. If van gaal came to spurs he's the only manager in the prem who could stand up to mourinho in terms of what he's won. Wengee is no match for jose and that's why he says what he says about webber being a loser

Van G is a man who like discipline. Well, exactly this doesn't work at Spurs, under AVB.

Spurs seems to be a club where football has to be "free". :)

But Van G is not a joker and I believe he has too much class to fail.

It is about time we had a manager in charge who genuinely excites potential targets and want to come to the club because of 'The Gaffer' we have had some decent managers but it is my opinion that we haven't had such a character in charge to generate Worldwide interest in Spurs since Terry Venables.. I also feel we haven't had a master tactician since then either, now what a co-incidence that a great name and respected figure in the game is able to do both.

I'm not so sure that is true these days (unfortunately). The top players want to play for the top teams and be paid top dollar - neither of which is true with Spurs.

Top players want to be playing in the CL year in, year out.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see van Gaal managing Spurs and I'd truly believe that he would be the right person to turn this club around.

But until we start winning cups and qualifying for CL, then we will be picking up the scraps that the cream of Europe leave behind.

BTW, welcome to the forum Bigsy!

Should all know my view by now. LvG is exactly what we have not tried. An established big name manager, who has won multiple trophies and league championships and a CL win. He has been clear he can work with what we have.

It's a no brainer, Sherwood or van Gaal, we would be mad to stick with Sherwood.

I'm serious about this. Juergen Klopp will be our manager come this June.

He's done all he can at Dortmund & will relish the chance of managing in England.

Get down to the bookies,,,,,,This time next year we'll be,,,,,.........Millionaires

I'm serious about this. Juergen Klopp will be our manager come this June.

He's done all he can at Dortmund & will relish the chance of managing in England.

Get down to the bookies,,,,,,This time next year we'll be,,,,,.........Millionaires

I reckon he's earmarked for the scum squatters ol' chap

I am of the opinion that it just does not matter any more who gets the job! It would be great to see a top manager like Klopp or LVG or similar to be installed but the reality is so what??

If they are not as successful as Levy seems acceptable and in the time frame he demands then they are sacked anyway!!

For me at the moment we are in same situation as end of ninetys, we were a mid to to top 6 side. Our ambition was to be in top six, we were going through managers like a fat fucker goes through Big Macs! Then early this century there was an upturn and we bacame a solid top six side and are now chasing the top four, which is proving all the harder to acheive. Yet we are still going through managers as before.

Redknapp proved something for me that we are a better club than most but not as good as those regularly in top four. And with a little luck and motivation you can on occasion upset the big clubs, of course it helps as well if one or two of those have a bit of a blip. But you will not do this season after season, so one excellent season for us(getting in CL) is followed by a few of not getting near it again.

So basically put who the fuck you like in charge, whoever takes your fancy at the time be Klopp or even allerdyce because it does not matter.

If we have a little success then great if it doesn't work then just get rid and take the next prime candidate who looks good at that time!!

Yep a lot of truth in that mate, look at last season the writing was on the wall, Gareth Bale could play until he is 100 and never hit them heights again, he was scoring 30 yarders in the final minute week in week out, now he is scoring at Madrid but not in such last minute dramatic fashion as then, anyone with half a brain knew we were a struggling outfit without him. the luck was with him and us that season,

Let's hope we get a lucky manager in, but you know as well as I do that is not easy at Spurs because we boo and create if we don't play Brazilian style Football and moan when we concede silly goals doing it. Impossible ! 

I think (this is my personal opinion) that the players just aren't responding to Tim because he doesn't have the experience.  It's funny because I liken managing a football squad to coaching a hockey team - the more proven success a coach has the more his message is willing absorbed by players at all stages of their careers.  The less experience or proven success, the less likely that individual will have any prolongued success with that squad.

Levy clearly backed himself into a corner by dissmissing AVB and was left with very little options.  Tim demanded more money to manage the team through the rest of the season (as he should have) and Levy capitulated.  The result, the players see a lame duck manager and won't necessarily respond to his messaging...human nature.

I long to have LVG as manager of our club - he's a proven winner.  He believes in young players and we have amazing young talent on this squad.  He's well respected and is as decorated as any manager currently managing club football.

Van Gaal will have an eye on how things are going at Man Utd.

Yep. The only fly in the ointment!

That's why I feel Levy should act now and get him on a secret pre contract deal. May, of course, have done this already.

Top-2, It's a pity Levy doesn't think like you. Great Idea, as I think Moyes is a dead man walking.

I still hope It's Jurgen Klopp but Van could be the man

Something tells me I don't think United would look to him.

The point of installing Moyes was to have someone who can grow and manage the team over the long term rather than short term successors.  They are a club that likes and thrives on stability - there was a massive change this summer for them and that voice, I think will be given time to adapt and grow.  If he's not I think they target someone younger with longer term desire to manage.