Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Harryhotspur1882

Players & Champions League

Apparently, it is now reported that Verts wants CL football and is ready to leave?! Along with Lloris and any others who come out with this,(allegedly), they surely have their own inability to acheive this on themselves?? Of course this could all just be our lovely truthful media shit stirring as usual but more often than not there ends up being some truth in it.

If these players want CL then do something about it now! Start playing as if you deserve it and if those around you are not putting in the same effort then demand more of them, you the players are supposed to be in a professional sport of which you get highly paid for and are perfectly placed to expect more. If these players at Spurs do not acheive CL with us then who else can they blame but themselves?? Surely??

Apparently, it is now reported that Verts wants CL football and is ready to leave?! Along with Lloris and any others who come out with this,(allegedly), they surely have their own inability to acheive this on themselves?? Of course this could all just be our lovely truthful media shit stirring as usual but more often than not there ends up being some truth in it.

If these players want CL then do something about it now! Start playing as if you deserve it and if those around you are not putting in the same effort then demand more of them, you the players are supposed to be in a professional sport of which you get highly paid for and are perfectly placed to expect more. If these players at Spurs do not acheive CL with us then who else can they blame but themselves?? Surely??

am I naive or are these players unlikely to  e signed by the champions league regulars given the way they are playing currently?

am I naive or are these players unlikely to  e signed by the champions league regulars given the way they are playing currently?

Barcelona we`re sniffing around Lloris a while back and i know there was the episode with Giroud too , also Vertonghen would certainly attract interest from Europe`s big guns , i knows it`s a different sport but i can always remember what a guy said about Johnny Wilkinson , form is temporary , class is permanent and that applies to all top class sportsman in my opinion 

I would have probably been hung a few years ago for suggesting this, but given the latest 'chant a former gooner like he is one of ours' I would hot foot it straight down to Seven Sisters rd and sign Vermaelen, he would link up alongside Vertonghen sweetly and be yet another Belgie at our club, I suspect half of his injury problems are down to accepting he is out of favour, I don't think you go from the best defender in the prem to an idiot that quickly.

Vertonghen and him clearly understand each other and if we accept the fact that we have a muppet in charge at the moment a decent manager will recognise that our squad is bursting with players from the best nation In Europe.

Players wanting CL is basically their way of saying "spurs are fucking shit, they can't even get in the Cl let alone win a bloody trophy or pay good wages, think I'll use CL as an excuse to join a club with ambition that worries about winning the league...instead of finishing fourth."

rolleyes.gif

Agreed Turk.  Sad thing is without bringing someone like LVG into manage next season I can see the likes Jan, Hugo, etc leave.  Winning teams start with winning managers - I'm not anti-Tim I'm pro proven winners.  Because I'm pro proven winners I'd want LVG before Frank deBoer...Louis has done it in every league he's managed - he has class and experience and would command the respect of his players based on his history of successes.

The players make me laugh,they aren't good enough to play in the Europa league,yet they bang on about wanting to play in the champions league,time to get of there high horses,play for your club that you get massively overpaid for,play with fight and a bit of passion if not fuck off and stop holding the club to ransom,simple!!

I wouldn't worry too much about vertonghen and lloris leaving I mean who will buy them ?levy might be a business man but he would never sell either to arsenal ,Barcelona are going thru a transfer scandal so scrap them out ,Madrid worry me a bit but after the bale transfer they might think again about dealing with us,city need a defender and if we ever were going to sell verts to them expect big big money ,PsG have money but lets be honest it's a shit league and like city we can extract the most money out of them ,and if any big team is considering buying these two players they need to get there head sorted because in my opinion they haven't been prolific as they seem they think they are

I wouldn't worry too much about vertonghen and lloris leaving I mean who will buy them ?levy might be a business man but he would never sell either to arsenal ,Barcelona are going thru a transfer scandal so scrap them out ,Madrid worry me a bit but after the bale transfer they might think again about dealing with us,city need a defender and if we ever were going to sell verts to them expect big big money ,PsG have money but lets be honest it's a shit league and like city we can extract the most money out of them ,and if any big team is considering buying these two players they need to get there head sorted because in my opinion they haven't been prolific as they seem they think they are

Barca, Real, PSG, Monaco, City would all be interested in Verts and Hugo. All of them would be able to finance the deal without trouble. I think both will leave in the summer. 

I think it's a possibility both will go but i don't mind if hugo goes as i think he's been brilliant and his attitude has been spot on verts on the other hand is not playing for the crest on the shirt throwing his toys out the pram. If he isn't going to give us effort from this dnipro game then i'd fuck him off to the bench and play dawson.I don't care how poor dawson has been he never gives less than his all and would never treat us how verts is with his half hearted performances.