Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Bigsy29

All Is Not Well

Morning All.

A pleasing result but that is where it ends, I can't help thinking that Vertonghen is playing half heartedly, his head appears gone, his attitude is not that of the Super Jan that joined us and he is now starting to get frustrated and looks like he is heading for the door if this tactical mystery continues, The question is what is going on behind closed doors ? Spurs have made numerous signings and whilst it was fair to say Eriksen proved us all right in being selected it was far from a top notch display, he is still drifting in from the left ? is this some kind of sick Arshavin Tactic that failed so miserably up the road ?

In fact for me the only real shining light from last night was Fryers, I thought his arrow like distribution was superb, his positional play was outstanding and ok he gave the odd pass away but nothing like Dawson who continually chips the ball upfield for the opposing defenders or back tracking midfielders to gobble up, I cannot understand for the life of me why Soldado, Eriksen, Chadli, Capoue, Lamela, have not worked out, Soldado will come good I am convinced of that his link up play is superb and he is bang there where he needs to be, his luck will turn he needs to work through it and he is.

But this lack of width is really concerning me, we have got to be coaching better than this, any fool can see that forwards need service and we just don't get around the back, jesus I even found myself agreeing with Tony Pulis last night, why oh why do we not get down the flanks and deliver quality ball ? it is all so narrow !  if Eriksen is slung out wide and allowed to roam then we are basically saying we have no danger down the left flank, Townsend cuts inside more often than not so how do you ever get that dream ball laid back to you as a forward to run in on ? the club has had width in it's play for our entire duration, 

sorry Tim Tim nice but dim but if you are going to come out "arms waving and punching" can we adapt our style of play to suit our players ? is it any wonder Chadli, Lamela, Soldado, look shit at the moment ? we don't play to their strengths, Is it any wonder Capoue, Eriksen and Paulinho are struggling for consistency, Dawson hammers it over their heads ..

Sit down and have a proper look at where this is going wrong Tim for christ sake !

Mr Zeki Fryers tick a boo son , it is not easy drifting in and out of the team when so much chaos and pressure is going on around you and expectations are high but you handled it well, well done the former Gooner and Naughton well I still think my hose pipe idea is the best one yet !  COME ON YOU SPURS !!!!

I have edited this a little bit because it looks like a stinging attack but it is merely meant to be stating and I am wrong to assume everyone sees it, that I wouldn't mind if we looked solid and nicked the odd goal, but it is alright oojanickabollokov running clean through as Dawson misjudges a flighted pass but Suarez or Sturridge, Eto or Hazard would kill us for it, Jan and Dawson were in seperate postcodes for their header, John Terry and Ivanovic will not need that type of invitation either, so yeah let us all be pleased we won but we must be realistic and look at what March and April means to the club and I am very concerned on last nights defending and lack of chances being created due to narrow play, not moaning I hope but just see it as being realistic !

I think 3 out of the 4 last night weren't our 1 choice defenders and the other his head doesn't really seem in the right place.Dawson i'm sorry to say is just shot rushing out of position and getting done EVERYTIME knocking hopeless long balls forward i think he had his best spell with king and although dawson was/is great in the air iv'e thought for a while that king made him look better than he was.Soldado in my eyes will come good he may have been offside but he dispatched that goal with ease last night and it just goes to show he needs intelligent players picking out his runs putting him in on goal and he will bury them.Personally i'm not keen on fryers against a better opponent he'll get mullered imo.The width thing is an issue we seem dull and lackluster without it but we don't have a left midfielder and we haven't had one since bale came inside so the team always seems a little unbalanced we can give townsend a run out there but none of the supposed stars we signed will be sacrificed(we have as per usual way too many central midfielders) and he seems like he is struggling a bit with his confidence though i thought he tried very hard last night and showed glimpses with some lovely bits of skill but his decision making is still poor.Lennon is hit and miss chadli apart from 1 quality goal has been shit and lamela has been injured but also needs time to adapt so i'm not sure what we can do tbh.

Not having a go at Lamela , I do think he looks incredibly weak for the prem for a lad with so much reputation, but we will have to see how that one develops because I have a gut feeling it will end up with him going elsewhere in search of sunshine and a young smile back on his chops again, I am more frustrated at how as a club we don't seem to be catering to their needs, we could sign Robben and Ribery but if you set up with an approach of playing narrow and don't feed them the ball what is the point of it all. Chadli I agree 100% but how often is he played in behind full backs ? he is always given ball to feet and told to beat 3 men from a deep starting position.

Zeki is a former Manc, not a gooner! Shaqiri would make more sense. 22 years and rated 17 million, but we don't need him, we have Lamela! Robben and Ribery are both 30 and rated 22 or 37 million on the transfer market. further they won't ever leave Bayern, except for a Sheik in the emirates.

Lamela only played almost 8 hours in all competitions.

we should have started the season with Zeki.

knowing from Dusan Tadic I doubt we signed the right man from Twente in case of Chadli, but we have to play with what we have.

Besides Bruma, Lestienne and Piazon, Konoplyanka is one of the cheapest LW's quality wise compared to Reus, Lavezzi, El Shaarawy, Griezmann, Koke etc... but we didn't signed him in winter. we planned to replace Bale's position with Willian, but we all know what happened in summer. what a bitch! 

I was referring to Ade, do you honestly think I would write a bit that long and in such depth and get such a basic fact wrong that most of our junior spurs club would know ha ha , cheers for the feedback though. ha ha  I was using Ribery and Robben as an example of how our play is not up to scratch and standards, I must be more careful not to be using Bobby Smith as an example just in case you tell me he is dead.

I don't know what happened there to be honest, total communication breakdown and sense of humour bypass i reckon. cheers and all the best coys !

Wake up and smell the coffee guys!! this is Spurs we support. Nothing is every easy or goes to plan, we just have to make the most of the good days and know we're going to get our a***s bitten along the way. I prefer it this way, I'm an old git and it gives me something else to moan about!!! 

Wake up and smell the coffee guys!! this is Spurs we support. Nothing is every easy or goes to plan, we just have to make the most of the good days and know we're going to get our a***s bitten along the way. I prefer it this way, I'm an old git and it gives me something else to moan about!!! 

KD it's not because we are losing! I know who we are and also what we can achieve as a team. But it really hurts to see us suffering, because of obviously mistakes made by the senior members and by the management and decisions no one of us can't understand.

the inability to bring players to replace positions which needed to be restaffed. players we didn't need. but sent benny on loan and sold caulker. let rose play week after week knowing he isn't good enough, but didn't give Zeki a go! didn't bring Lamela. misplaced players. keep Sig, loan Holtby. training methods. physio. medical staff. stub hub. Nabil's pressing forward? brought Chadli because he was cheap (what a fucking argument is that?) Bruma, Markovic or Lestienne for example would have been a bargain. superb and talented wingers, but they weren't mentioned at all. Chadli's luck was that he managed it to score against us when he was playing for Twente, so as Siggy did for Swansea and that's it. It seems it doesn't need more to attract our scouts. just finish a goal and you get a contract. what a fucking criterium is that? we signed a schoolboy as manager, who's to stubborn to reflect his faults and admit he is wrong. hope Messi will be gone, if barca really toying with the idea to bring AVB, moron's fu**ing lapdog!

we were a construction site and a drill ground for an egomaniac, far away from a team! Just take a look on Olympiakos. they don't have a squad worth hundreds of million, but they have a team, regular players and a system! they've beat Benfica and the mancs despite leavings in winter! It doesn't need an university degree to understand that the way olympiakos play could be key for the match against Benfica! long balls? pft...

last summer I told my girlfriend we'll write history this season, but... It ain't easy

COYS