Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
BlockFeet

Latest rumours

Levy is a very shrewd negotiator,and rarely pays inflated prices, and I'm a little concerned we're leaving it to late yet again.

I totally agree with your point about bringing players in last knockings but why does everyone swallow the idea that Levy is a 'shrewd negotiator'? It media nonsense and it gets on my t*ts. What's shrewd about  making derisory offers for valued players and narking off their clubs in the process; what's shrewd about bringing players in 4-5 games in to the start of the season; what's shrewd about buying players at all that the manager doesn't want or didn't ask for? 

The key for me in most transfers is the player himself! If Berihino, McCarthy or whoever are genuinely

pissed-off with their current club/set-up, then it is up to them (behind closed doors) to make it known.

Put in a transfer request!

That way the advantage falls towards the buying club. No club wants a unhappy player!

But they wont because it would mean these already multi-millionaires (and their agents) would lose a couple

of million quid. So the cat and mouse bol**cks starts and we wait to see who blinks first.

The key for me in most transfers is the player himself! If Berihino, McCarthy or whoever are genuinely

pissed-off with their current club/set-up, then it is up to them (behind closed doors) to make it known.

Put in a transfer request!

That way the advantage falls towards the buying club. No club wants a unhappy player!

But they wont because it would mean these already multi-millionaires (and their agents) would lose a couple

of million quid. So the cat and mouse bol**cks starts and we wait to see who blinks first.

yeah, and on top of that I think they don't want to be seen as disloyal to the fans - far better to have them think they were forced out by the club. It's vanity.

Im pretty sure we will sign a couple more players before the window shuts, I feel confident as we have a decent starting 11 to be going on with, we bought Stambouli and Fazio on dead line day last season, one has been sold and one is surpless to requirements.

Reports saying we made an improved bid for clinton njie. I think he will probably turn out to be the cheaper alternative for berahino. Whichever player we sign, I just hope his attitude is where it needs to be. I don't want any prima donna or someone with a big ego who thinks he's better than he actually is and who only cares about money.

Reports in the telegraph that we are preparing a bid for Dortmund's Sven Bender

Yeah,,also in the daily mirror,,,,,,he's quite a decent player

Wow...so many see the sky falling...

Consider that this team had the worst goals against in the top 13 and only 4 teams in the whole of the BPL had a worse goals against. We moved early to fix the back line by picking up Wimmer, Trippier and Toby. I think it more than possible that two of those will be in the starting XI at Old Trafford. We have so far managed to hang onto Hugo. The defenders have been together all summer and our new CB pairing has worked together for years at the national level and has experience together at the club level. Trippier was very impressive to me in his 45 minutes the other night in Denver.

We got our defensive business done early so the line could jell and so Poch could work out who his best 4 are. In short, we addressed our biggest issue from last season.

Now, we have done little in the midfield or at striker, true. But I don't see Poch so worried about that other than for depth! He doesn't appear to be wanting to bring in starters (with the exception of Schniederline who we lost). This means the we are set with starters at the midfield and striker position, and they have all played a season with each other.

Now, I'm not predicting we run over the Devils at Old Trafford in a week but to me our side appears more settled than theirs where they have turned over better than half the starting XI. In fact, I think we look pretty good up against just about anyone except maybe Chelsea and Man City for chemistry and talent right now. Do we need to bring in some depth? Yes, yes we do. Going to need another striker even if Soldado stays. Probably another mid or two although I am less worried about that now with Poch seeming to be working Yedlin at wing which is where I thought we had the biggest depth issue after striker. Maybe another holding mid but then again, Dier might be the possible answer there too with time to settle in.

Creatively I thought Carroll looked good the other night and I read nothing but great things about Pritchard. Remember, Poch likes the acedemy guys and has a rep for getting great things out of them early. We might even see Alli on the field for some Cup and Euro matches. In fact, I think it very likely that Alli, Carroll and Pritchard all play a roll in those matches.

While I am certainly not ready to call this team a contender for the title (that won't happen till the stadium is finished and paid for) I do like the shape we are in at the moment.

Wow...so many see the sky falling...

Consider that this team had the worst goals against in the top 13 and only 4 teams in the whole of the BPL had a worse goals against. We moved early to fix the back line by picking up Wimmer, Trippier and Toby. I think it more than possible that two of those will be in the starting XI at Old Trafford. We have so far managed to hang onto Hugo. The defenders have been together all summer and our new CB pairing has worked together for years at the national level and has experience together at the club level. Trippier was very impressive to me in his 45 minutes the other night in Denver.

We got our defensive business done early so the line could jell and so Poch could work out who his best 4 are. In short, we addressed our biggest issue from last season.

Now, we have done little in the midfield or at striker, true. But I don't see Poch so worried about that other than for depth! He doesn't appear to be wanting to bring in starters (with the exception of Schniederline who we lost). This means the we are set with starters at the midfield and striker position, and they have all played a season with each other.

Now, I'm not predicting we run over the Devils at Old Trafford in a week but to me our side appears more settled than theirs where they have turned over better than half the starting XI. In fact, I think we look pretty good up against just about anyone except maybe Chelsea and Man City for chemistry and talent right now. Do we need to bring in some depth? Yes, yes we do. Going to need another striker even if Soldado stays. Probably another mid or two although I am less worried about that now with Poch seeming to be working Yedlin at wing which is where I thought we had the biggest depth issue after striker. Maybe another holding mid but then again, Dier might be the possible answer there too with time to settle in.

Creatively I thought Carroll looked good the other night and I read nothing but great things about Pritchard. Remember, Poch likes the acedemy guys and has a rep for getting great things out of them early. We might even see Alli on the field for some Cup and Euro matches. In fact, I think it very likely that Alli, Carroll and Pritchard all play a roll in those matches.

While I am certainly not ready to call this team a contender for the title (that won't happen till the stadium is finished and paid for) I do like the shape we are in at the moment.

Good Positive Post! So much negativity on this site! I only hope that the dome and gloom merchants that post on here, stay on here and don't travel to The Lane every other week!

COYS!!

Ps, Yarmolenko! The Russian Ronaldo is coming!

Good Positive Post! So much negativity on this site! I only hope that the dome and gloom merchants that post on here, stay on here and don't travel to The Lane every other week!

COYS!!

I wouldn't really call myself a positive fan but a more realistic one and I find that ok. I don't want to be one of those delusional fans that say we're gonna win the league every season (*cough* *cough* Le Arse *cough* *cough*).

I do think Yarmolenko has great stats (Never seen him play so I can't really look at anything else). If he can somehow replicate those numbers here, it would be a masterstroke signing as long as his head is where it should be. If we can manage to bring in yarmolenko, sven bender, and a backup striker, I would say this transfer window is probably one of the best we've had in a very, very long time.

We can try converting Townsend into a striker if Levy can't bring a striker in. It doesn't do much good playing him wide because he rather shoot the ball than cross it.

If Sterling can play striker with his poor finish skill, I guess Townsend may worth a try.

I wouldn't really call myself a positive fan but a more realistic one and I find that ok. I don't want to be one of those delusional fans that say we're gonna win the league every season (*cough* *cough* Le Arse *cough* *cough*).

I do think Yarmolenko has great stats (Never seen him play so I can't really look at anything else). If he can somehow replicate those numbers here, it would be a masterstroke signing as long as his head is where it should be. If we can manage to bring in yarmolenko, sven bender, and a backup striker, I would say this transfer window is probably one of the best we've had in a very, very long time.

Spot on....yes we've done good work, but we need these 3 players to have a chance at top 4. This gives the younger players breathing space to develop without all the negative pressure.

Agree! I only know Yarmolenko from The Europa League and YouTube, which granted is no real reconmmendation

and he currently plys his trade in an inferior league, but the little I have seen of him has impressed!

Two good feet. Several tricks up his sleeve. A dynamic player. The type to get you off your seat. Hopefully not to leave!!!

I know our history of Russian imports is not the best, but.................

just noticed the yarmelenko rubbish has surfaced again, wouldn't that be nice if it happened but people just write this sh*t with the sole purpose of getting their articles on the web .

I read that

Yarmolenko himself has been quoted as saying talks have taken place between both clubs and who knows what will happen?

Rebrov is Dynamo's manager and apparently, should Yarmolenko want to test himself in The EPL, Rebrov is guiding him towards

The Lane?

If, buts and maybes! But as you say, It would be very nice!

When is this club ever going to learn.

All our main rivals for( yeah I know it's a long shot ) 3rd or 4th place are getting the players they require now, not last minute.

To get the team gelling together, we needed to get all new players in and on tour, thus enabling them to understand Poch's

system and understanding the rest of the teams ability. Getting to know the movement, tricks,etc of the players takes time

so the more playing time you have with each other, the more understanding you develop.

Yes, I know we don't know for sure what players have been approached, but all these rumours and at this time that's all they are, just rumours, does my Fecking Head in.

History tells you, the later you leave it the selling clubs inflate the price, as they know things are getting desperate.

Levy is a very shrewd negotiator,and rarely pays inflated prices, and I'm a little concerned we're leaving it to late yet again.

For fucks sake Daniel just pay the fucking price.

blimey

COYS!!

You liked your own post ! do you laugh at your own jokes too ? 

I totally agree with your point about bringing players in last knockings but why does everyone swallow the idea that Levy is a 'shrewd negotiator'? It media nonsense and it gets on my t*ts. What's shrewd about  making derisory offers for valued players and narking off their clubs in the process; what's shrewd about bringing players in 4-5 games in to the start of the season; what's shrewd about buying players at all that the manager doesn't want or didn't ask for?

This has to be 1 of the outstanding posts I have read for years. Totally agree. And didn't pochetino clearly sate after the Everton game that he wants all his new signings in quickly so there's no disruption through pre season. He did not want any late transfer drama. Same old story I'm afraid