Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
BlockFeet

Latest rumours

Then there was a quote from Poch saying that Lloris may not feature in the OT match because he's not ready yet to handle a full 90 minutes, which didn't make much sense to me.  I mean, he's a keeper with a wrist injury that seemed to be just fine against AC Milan, so how difficult is it to play 90 minutes?! 

Call me paranoid, but the combination of De Gea leaving and Poch's statement don't look good.

we'll never know. Its really funny that certain players are injured when they are in talks with other clubs. The same go for Modric and Bale just before they were sold. On the other side NJie didn't appear in any of the preseason games and Hernandez is also said to be injured! What does that mean? 

And the reasons are that he royally screwed up in 2012 when his head got all big with the England job.  We were 5 points behind the leaders and 13 ahead of the scum and with a chance to challenge for the title at the end of January.  By the end of March we were 18 points behind and the scum were 3 points ahead of us.  We managed a total of 6 points out of a possible 24 in those two months.  I mean, you have to try really hard to screw things up so bad. 

503b095cafa96f6c00000389.gif?w=640&h=360

If WBA is going for Rondon, may be they are selling Berahino because they don't expect him to renew his contract.

Not sure that spending big on Berahino is a good move but we need to sign two strikers.

And you think Levy will pay 22-25m for him , pigs may fly ....

I would go for two and we probably wouldn't spend more than 4 million! Benik Afoebe and Jerry Mbakogu! Igahlo seemed to be a bargain too, but now he is playing in the EPL the price get ridiculous high!

I'd get on the bandwagon for those too, if only I could pronounce their names. I'm already having a hard time with N'jie, and it's just four letters! :-)

Posted this on wrong thread,,am worried that players are just not interested in playing for Spurs,,,is the money,,pooches system,,the training,,or do players believe Spurs are not big enough for them??

Firstly I think many of the so called linked players are rubbish, made up for stories or agents fees.

Secondly we have the best training facilities around

We have a manager willing to spend time to develop a players game

We have a young and exciting squad with massive potential that's needs additions in a few areas to unlock.

Players looking to become england regulars will get a better chance at spurs

And a stadium the envy of the country

We are a team going places and any decent player with half a brain will look at us and think I can make it big there and full fill all my dreams and if his any good will be a football god.

Posted this on wrong thread,,am worried that players are just not interested in playing for Spurs,,,is the money,,pooches system,,the training,,or do players believe Spurs are not big enough for them??

Interesting question. I think for many players all above the young we're not big enough, cause they would rather play for "bigger clubs" even they will have to warm the bench. And that for many reasons, prestige but also and mainly for money!

But when it comes to transfers it seems clubs around europe see us as a cash cow and (financially) equivalent to the oligarchs and sheiks!

But I also think that our scouting network and transfer strategy isn't good enough and only displeases clubs and players when we keep them warm!

I'm convinced Tadic, Payet, Ayew and Cabaye would have no problem to play for our team. Now its too late!

Interesting question. I think for many players all above the young we're not big enough, cause they would rather play for "bigger clubs" even they will have to warm the bench. And that for many reasons, prestige but also and mainly for money!

But when it comes to transfers it seems clubs around europe see us as a cash cow and (financially) equivalent to the oligarchs and sheiks!

But I also think that our scouting network and transfer strategy isn't good enough and only displeases clubs and players when we keep them warm!

I'm convinced Tadic, Payet, Ayew and Cabaye would have no problem to play for our team. Now its too late!

I'd agree with you last year, but this year it seems to have improved quite a bit.  Whereas before we bought Soldado, Paulinho, Chiriches, and a slew of other players on who we spent tons of money only for them to turn out to be flops, this transfer window we have brought in Toby, Trippier, Alli, all of whom look like they will be quality additions, if not stars.  The jury is still out on Wimmer, but even if he tanks, 3 out of 4 isn't too shabby.  I'm only hoping we do as good a job in the forward positions.

I agree that spurs in the past have bought too many players in the transfer window even under Martin Jol that have failed to gel in the team.This panic buying has to stop and focus more on coaching our young talent through the ranks and target one or two good players for key positions each transfer window the club has some great facilities just need to stick with a plan over time.

Paulinho and Soldado were AVB's idea, but I will stop here cause otherwise another shit storm about this spineless eunuch will follow. Paulinho didn't have any records, only a good year. He already played in europe (Latvia, Poland) but he couldn't establish hisself. IMO careless to sign him and unnecessary!

I was suggesting Rodrigo instead of Soldado, but nevertheless I was positive when we signed him! I think he is a poor wretch and unlucky. But from the financial point of view he was also unnecessary! Cause considering his age it was a wrong decision to sign him. Rodrigo was 20/21 at this moment and I'm sure even he wouldn't have scored in the last two seasons he would be higher rated than Soldado today! btw its funny that Valencia signed Rodrigo as Sollys direct replacement!

Chiriches was on Romas wish list when Baldini was in charge of the italian side, so I guess this was the reason why we have signed Vlad. Chadli was a relict target and already in talks with us when Harry was in charge! I think same for Etienne who would have been a great replacement for injury prone Sandro under Harry in a 4-4-2!

Lamela only came because of Baldini and I still put my faith in him and I hope he will come good this season. Of course the price we paid for him is ridiculous, but him and Eriksen are our best signings. I wish Eriksen will come over this ridiculous tail length comparison and put Lammy more into action! The day this happens we'll see top football from them! Hope Eriksen will read this! :-D

But the main prob IMO was the destruction of our mid. Scotty, Livermore and Huddlestone may not be the best for us but they were well attuned. Their release happened too fast, too early!

I can only agree what is said about our youngsters, I also think we should give them their chances, but they will need their time. And experience and tranquility, two things that older players bring into a game is also important, cause I still can't make out a leader! I fear that before we become a team the confidence will be so low that we'll end up 10th or worse!

If WBA is going for Rondon, may be they are selling Berahino because they don't expect him to renew his contract.

Not sure that spending big on Berahino is a good move but we need to sign two strikers.

It will be interesting to see if Berahino

is in WBA's starting 11 tonight! Probably likely to be, but if not, then it might be worth a tenner at Ladbrokes, that he will be in a

Spurs shirt for Stoke!!

Afobe scored lots of goals last season including two goals against MU for MK Dons. He's probably a bargain considering how much players like Berahino and Austin cost but not sure everyone will get over his Arsenal connection. He is a product of Arsenal academy and a friend of Jack Wilshere.

I would go for two and we probably wouldn't spend more than 4 million! Benik Afoebe and Jerry Mbakogu! Igahlo seemed to be a bargain too, but now he is playing in the EPL the price get ridiculous high! 

WBA now got 5 striker/forward, not including Sessegon. I would see that Pulis doesn't want to babysit a young star like Berahino.

I think Poch doesn't mind to manage Berahino. He probaby see it as an easier task than trying to goals out of Ade and Soldado.

It will be interesting to see if Berahino
is in WBA's starting 11 tonight! Probably likely to be, but if not, then it might be worth a tenner at Ladbrokes, that he will be in a
Spurs shirt for Stoke!!

Its always a risk spending big money on strikers that have one good season spurs should know that.i remember Michael Rickkets of Bolton few seasons back spurs were chasing him at the time he moved else where sunk without trace.i just don't want us to getanother Darren Bent.

I see the West Brom deal for Rondon is confirmed at club record £12m. Hopefully this opens up the possibility of us getting Berahino for similar money.

I'm sure Rondon has potential, but I just want a goal scorer with Premier League experience to come in, not nrcessarily for huge money.

I see plenty of goal scorers at other clubs, none of whom have to be world class to put the ball away. Just get a consistent performer in who can add to the squad and take chances. Someone who can play instead of Kane when needed, or alongside him to give us a different formation when the match is there to be won.

Berahino would fit the bill for me, as would Austin.

We will end up with bargain bucket of the lad from Lyon because levy won't pay extra 5-10 mil for proven forward. We need proven quality now not more kids. Berihino, Austin, huntelaar etc. if we bring the lad in from Lyon and no one else we will be lucky to finish top 8.

I hope MP is on the phone to Levy to tell him to switch channels from the money program to Sky Sports 1.

Pay the 20+ mill WBA want for Berahino and in 18 months time he will be worth 30+. Additional to this, there

is no doubt in my mind, with him, we will push and increase our chances of top 4. Which in itself brings massive

financial rewards.

Berahino represents (at 20-22 mill) a potential (75/25) fantastic investment Daniel. Do the deal mate!

75/25 is the same % chance I,d put on Sterling being a success at City and at 49 mill, he ain't 2.5 times better

than Berahino in my opinion.

Having said all of the above, Agureo did not start for City, so maybe Levy has a deal up his sleeve there?

Just kidding gents!!!!

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is on the record as being keen to sign another striker and the latest to be linked with the White Hart Lane club is Basel's 18-year-old Breel Embolo.

According to The Mirror, Spurs scouts were in attendance to see Embolo score twice at the weekend.

I'm going to pull a Spurfect here and say that I had mentioned this guy 7-8 months ago (and got summarily pelted by virtual rotten vegetables at the time), but he was quite impressive and very poised for his age the little I had seen of him.  I'd be really happy to see him in a Spurs shirt.

I have to say though, this window is turning out to be quite the riddle.  With Berahino starting for West Brom today (not that that means anything, but still) and with N'jie seemingly less likely (Lacazette injury and Aulas being reluctant to deal with us after the Lloris transfer), I honestly have no clue who we're targeting!  Interesting times. :-)