Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
BlockFeet

Latest rumours

How good is N'Jie? If he need a season or two to settle down then that's not much use for us this season.

Watched a few YouTube vids of him. Not the highlight ones, but the ones that show all his touches in a game. To say he didn't look too promising would be an overstatement.

I also watched some match vids of Yarmolenko. Now THAT is a player I'd like to see in a Spurs shirt!

I think the problem to lure strikers to our club is simple, its Pochs system. If Poch would play a 4-4-2 he would offer a place to another striker, but he isn't! Thats why I only see NJie playing left if he is coming at all. 

Berahino is a fix starter for WBA, so why should he give up his position in the starting line up for a questionable run-out? We will have to pay him high wages to attract him, something Levy will want to prevent! Afobe on the other side would be pleased to join a premier league club! Its also hard to rate a player like Berahino at this stage. And that brings me to the next point. If Berahino can't meet the expectations who will want to sign him? Afobe isn't that risky at his current price! 

I'm also still not convinced of Harry. Truth is, I would sell him for 50 million and get Austin instead who is pretty the same player to Harry! Get Njie, Berahino and Afobe and we were sorted for the next four years!

Berahino can play any of the 3 forward positions and Kane can easily drop back in the 10 spot, so I don't think it's either Kane or Berahino. So we're not getting a one trick pony with him. Austin doesn't have the same flexibility.

I don't know much about Afobe, so can't really comment, but he is 22 and on no one's radar, so that tells me something. And it's not like he's playing in some obscure country. He's in the Championship, so I would think some mid-level PL team would have snatched him up by now. He'd only cost a couple million quid, so would easily be worth a punt by any team. Yet he's still at Wolves.

As back up striker I can only repeat and suggest Benik AFOBE. Even nobody knows him and he is rated 70/78 in FIFA. lol

This guys amazing and a way cheaper alternative to Berahino!

He looks a raw talent and would be worth a punt, which is more than can be said of some of the names we are linked with, but he plays for an under achieving championship side so doesn't get noticed.

Ok, so I took a look at the Youtube excerpts of N'Jie.  He is a young Aaron Lennon (pace) with a bit more size, a bit more finish and a lot more power.  Could be a good one and the pace alone will give us a completely new dimension in attack.  A hybrid of Lennon and Bale a few years before Bale's breakout.

It's looking pretty definite that we will get N'Jie but not Hernandez. I am pretty happy with that, but it still needs us needing two more signings.

Rather sorry to see Soldado go (which looks like a done deal). He had the right attitude but the wrong boots. He'll probably get 25 goals for Villarreal this season !!

Conspiracy Theory!

The number 7 shirt (N'jie Cameroon No:) No: 18 shirt (Berihino at WBA) and the No:9 (Austin)

when Soldado is sold. Are all, and will be available!!!

I had the same thought while checking the squad numbers and saw that Harry is given the number 10 shirt! 

Watched a few YouTube vids of him. Not the highlight ones, but the ones that show all his touches in a game. To say he didn't look too promising would be an overstatement.

I also watched some match vids of Yarmolenko. Now THAT is a player I'd like to see in a Spurs shirt! Berahino can play any of the 3 forward positions and Kane can easily drop back in the 10 spot, so I don't think it's either Kane or Berahino. So we're not getting a one trick pony with him. Austin doesn't have the same flexibility.

I don't know much about Afobe, so can't really comment, but he is 22 and on no one's radar, so that tells me something. And it's not like he's playing in some obscure country. He's in the Championship, so I would think some mid-level PL team would have snatched him up by now. He'd only cost a couple million quid, so would easily be worth a punt by any team. Yet he's still at Wolves.

that doesn't mean anything bro. Look at Martinez (jackson) or Schneiderlin. Both were on no ones radar. Came for nothing but left their hosting club for a fortune!

that doesn't mean anything bro. Look at Martinez (jackson) or Schneiderlin. Both were on no ones radar. Came for nothing but left their hosting club for a fortune!

Hell, until the middle of last season even Harry's highlights weren't impressive, much less his regular vids that show all his game touches.

They have the potential yet again to get it right, bring in berahino, njie, top defensive mid and we can really give this season a go! Is levy finally gonna stop playing silly bollox and get us all that we need despite paying a few bob over, or will he repeat the same trick and only get the players he can wrestle a few quid off, which ends up costing the club far more over the course of the season. 2 weeks and counting.....

I,m reading, N'jie to be unveiled (No: 7 shirt?) later today! Berihino (18 shirt ?) next week!

And best of all Adebyore to The Spammers!!!

If Carling Published news papers.....

COYS!!

What are the sources on Berahino and Ade?

dying to change my moniker on this sight bye bye ADE

I,m reading, N'jie to be unveiled (No: 7 shirt?) later today! Berihino (18 shirt ?) next week!

And best of all Adebyore to The Spammers!!!

If Carling Published news papers.....

COYS!!

would make sense. Bilic is a fan of ade and wanted him for Besiktas too. but keep cool. lets wait and see. I will only believe it when I see him grinning in a west ham shirt!

Who do you think we're gonna go for dm? Will we get Sven?

They have almost the same genes but I would prefer his twin brother Lars! Its like chasing the real milli vanilli! ;-) 

There have been some good options, but as so often we were too late. For Bender (of course Lars) I think we would have had good chances to sign him in season 11/12. Lars was already said to be one of the most promising talents in germany and Leverkusen didnt qualify for the EL. He would be our own Schneiderlin. And If not him his teammate Castro would be a good alternative, if not Castro then Kramer (who was linked with us this summer btw). What happened in the meanwhile, Castro moved to Dortmund, Bender is made the new Captain instead and Kramer took place for Castro in Leverkusen! Brother Sven is of no use, cause Gündogan will stay at Dortmund under new coach Thomas "the beneficiary" Tuchel and thats the reason why we are interested in Sven, I guess! I also think that Vogt and Geis had a great season last year! Especially Vogt kept Wimmer away from defensive embarrassments! 

in italy, unexceptional Strootman. Former PSV man. Van Gaals favorite C(D)M btw. But he was sidelined for a long period of time, because he was injured badly. The surgery on his knee failed, but the italian press and also Strootman himself say he will be fit for the new season. Not sure how fit he really is, but Roma didn't want to sell him to Man Utd. Because of his injury his price droped immense. Anyway time will tell but It will be interesting to see what happens next, considering Roma has also two great CMs in Nainggolan and Pjanic! Baldini you fu****' lazy son of a b****, where are you when you are needed! 

With french CM Veretout Timmy brought in a great signing, although I think he will need his time in the EPL. Payet played CM for Marseille under Bielsa, but its like using Fabregas as a "8". it works but is it necessary? Gonalons from Lyon could be also an option, but lets see what the new season bring when Lyon will have to play in the CL as well! Kondogbia would have been a nice signing. A real destroyer, Sandro type but not an injure prone and more talented. But we were too lame! IMO Stambouli wasnt a bad signing but he was never given a real chance. Think it was a tactical buy to make profit on him, cause I believed we will sell him to either Marseille or PSG, but in exchange for another player. In case of PSG for Cabaye. I was mistaken. Again we were too lame and came the Spursy way or shall I say the Levy way? Truth is there is only one player in defensive mid I would like to see from france but who is out of reach and that is Matuidi! 

In the Eredivisie there is norwegian talent Henriksen. Reminds me of Strootman and Schneiderlin. To be fair he was long term injured but for his development he is a bit like Lamela, unbelievable talented but who needs acceleration time! Gudelj just signed for Ajax. Absolutely deadly when he gets the chance to score. For a player on his position, amazing! Only Yaya is better at this position. But this guy only cost Ajax about 4 million Pound! Last but not least, my favorite Davy KLAASSEN, KLASS player who can play at every position in midfield! I strongly recommend him not only because of his price. 

As many I would also have loved to see Schneiderlin in a spurs shirt, but lets be honest our chances to get him were nil! Not for that amount and not after we lured Poch away from Soton! FELLAINIs price dropped cause it looks like van Gaal has no use for him. I really recommend him! For Alli I really don't know how far, strong and talented he is, but I would give him a run in cups and see how he's doing. Wanyama was not given a chance when Poch was in charge of Soton, so I guess Poch wouldn't want him, although I think he is a tidy player. Liked him for Celtic! 

Truth is there are too many! Natcho(Moscow) for our jewish supporters, still believe Banega would be top, Parejo from Valencia looks promising, tackle monster Suarez who was linked with us, but who signed for Fiorentina. Long forgotten Veloso (for people who play fifa, he is playing for ukraine side Dynamo Kiev), Fred and Fernando and many many more...

Sorry, think it was too much information, but I haven't found time to sort out my inquiries yet! ;-)