Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
BlockFeet

Latest rumours

Lots of paper talk today about Spurs bidding for Berahino. What do people think?

It's clear we need a striker, regardless of whether Soldado and Ade are sold or loaned out, but is he a good choice?

I like the idea. There were stories of some attitude issues, but he is young, has good potential, some Prem League experience and played with Kane at Eng U21 level.

Lots of paper talk today about Spurs bidding for Berahino. What do people think?

It's clear we need a striker, regardless of whether Soldado and Ade are sold or loaned out, but is he a good choice?

I like the idea. There were stories of some attitude issues, but he is young, has good potential, some Prem League experience and played with Kane at Eng U21 level.

I like the fact that he has played in this league but don't see him as someone who can play instead of Kane, he would add a bit of pace. I think Austin would be the type of player who could play a similar role to Kane, but Berahino can play as a wide player with Kane so perhaps he's a good option. Really want us to have all our business done before the United game, as we know that NEVER happens so expect signings in the last 2 days of the window or none at all!!!!

Just read a report saying we made a bid for cissoko. LOL the media's having a tough time finding stories about us aren't they.

If berahino fixes his rumored attitude problems, then I think he will be a decent signing. We do really need an experienced and good defensive mid unless dele alli or tom carroll can prove otherwise (which i have doubts they will) as well as another winger and another striker. 3 solid signings. All we need until I can believe that we will be a very tough challenger for the top 4 spot.

We have our defense sorted (kinda). With the loss of all these CMs I'm really hoping we can bring in a quality defensive midfielder to partner bentaleb. The addition to our defense will be for naught if we don't have a quality DM in front protecting them.

As for our wingers, hopefully lamela improves, chadli does just as well if not better. I think walker also might be pushed up to right winger and i dunno what is gonna happen to yedlin. If not, then a winger definitely needs to be brought in. again, a backup striker for kane is necessary.

Berahino is progressive ,,,not the finished article,,,I think he would play on either side of Kane,,,,could be interesting,,if ya put ericksen on the left of Kane and berahino on the right side ,,but this is only paper talk

It seems that Dzeko is available.  He is 29 but after what he has done to Spurs the last few years and a price tag of 17K Euro I think he would be a good signing. I think he would push Harry and even help his development.  The issue would be wages but if we get rid of Adebayor surely we could afford him.  Berahino I have yet to see enough to make judgement but I don't want him if he has attitude issues.  Spurs need players pushing for the because and not themselves.  I do like the idea of having different striker styles so the third, Beharino or whoever should be a more pacey alternative.  Austin is quite similar in style to Kane.

I think relying on Harry to replicate last year is risky and could be the death of us.  A drop in form or (worse) an injury would be a disaster.

We need alternatives

Dezko is out of the ade camp great when scoring ,,,,adds nothing to the side when not scoring,,berahino adds to the whole side a poor mans sterling,,,but why pay 49 mill for sterling,,,better risk on berahino

To be honest, I wouldn't want any players we're linked with at the moment. Berahino has reported attitude problems and would be a decent signing but not someone who will take us to the next level. Cissoko (i've heard) is very inconsistent and that is the last thing we need in our already troubling midfield situation. Bolasie is overpriced as hell, we don't have a chance on Aubameyang (and it probably is just paper talk as well). If we are planning on spending more than £15mil, which is what it will take to sign these (in my opinion) average players, then it will be a terrible deal on our part.

I also think we're probably going to end up doing the rest of our transfer business near the end of the transfer window. That way, Poch will have to make a final decision on whether and not Alli/Dier can fit the role next to bentaleb and whether pritchard can become a starting player for us or whether we are going to have to sign someone else and use them in cup games.

Don't crucify me for this suggestion....but....I had a thought that Chiriches could push up into the Central Midfield.  He showed promise early on and then gradually regressed into the train wreck he is for me at this point.  But to be fair he has been in and out of the team(for good reason) and been slotted into playing RB as often as CB.  He does seem to be a decent passer of the ball and having cover in behind would make any mistakes he makes less critical.  

Anyway, just a thought

Don't crucify me for this suggestion....but....I had a thought that Chiriches could push up into the Central Midfield.  He showed promise early on and then gradually regressed into the train wreck he is for me at this point.  But to be fair he has been in and out of the team(for good reason) and been slotted into playing RB as often as CB.  He does seem to be a decent passer of the ball and having cover in behind would make any mistakes he makes less critical.  

Anyway, just a thought

Now where did i put my hammer and nails :)

Apart from all the other deadwood I really don't want townsend at the club come the start of the season but I've got a worrying feeling he wont be sold and after a few months warming the bench his agent will moan at Levy and Levy will order Pocc to play him - just like last season. It seemed unfair to judge Soldado for his gradual demise in front of goal when all he had to feed off was townsends insipid hopeful crosses into the box, and a bunch of players who hardly knew each other. You could tell he was crying out for a clever, creative playmaker to help him exploit the spaces between the CB's.

Out:

Ade, Soldado, Townsend, Lennon, Chre, Chire, Chric, Vlad! = £35+mill. Add previous outs = £25+ mill. 60+ In

In:

Berihino, Bollase, Sissoko or McCarthy. 50+ on 3 out of the 4. Happy Days!

If, buts and maybes granted, but if (not that fantasy-full) the above business could be concluded before the window shuts, then I for 1

would be confident of having a young talented energetic squad of players (with a pleasing percentage of HGP's) to challenge on all 4

fronts.

Always been proud to be a Spurs supporter! But none more so than now. What Enic, Levy, Poch are building and the way they are building it, I believe will see us become a regular top 4 Premiership side at the expense of Woolwich or Utd.

Out:

Ade, Soldado, Townsend, Lennon, Chre, Chire, Chric, Vlad! = £35+mill. Add previous outs = £25+ mill. 60+ In

In:

If, buts and maybes granted, but if (not that fantasy-full) the above business could be concluded before the window shuts, then I for 1

would be confident of having a young talented energetic squad of players (with a pleasing percentage of HGP's) to challenge on all 4

fronts.

Always been proud to be a Spurs supporter! But none more so than now. What Enic, Levy, Poch are building and the way they are building it, I believe will see us become a regular top 4 Premiership side at the expense of Woolwich or Utd.

Where do you get the 35 million total from mate?

And can you explain what you think it is we are building because I to am a very proud supporter and God do I love my Spurs but I fail to get your quote.

Wether we like it or not the arse are in a different league to us, if you ask yourself how many of our players would get into the arse team only Harry fits for me, maybe jan at his peak. Not even Hugo now they have cech.

And Man U will now be 20 points ahead of us finishing in the top 2-3. They have bought superbly.

We have bought 3 average- potentially good defenders.

I'll be very interested to read your reply cus I don't think we are building a team capable of anything other than a 6th placed finish.

Where do you get the 35 million total from mate?

And can you explain what you think it is we are building because I to am a very proud supporter and God do I love my Spurs but I fail to get your quote.

Wether we like it or not the arse are in a different league to us, if you ask yourself how many of our players would get into the arse team only Harry fits for me, maybe jan at his peak. Not even Hugo now they have cech.

And Man U will now be 20 points ahead of us finishing in the top 2-3. They have bought superbly.

We have bought 3 average- potentially good defenders.

I'll be very interested to read your reply cus I don't think we are building a team capable of anything other than a 6th placed finish.

Have to agree there , yes , we have bought sensibly at the back , but to me , the gap between the top 5 and us has just got bigger than it has ever been , utd have bought players we can only dream of having , city have strengthened , Arsenal are head and shoulders above us as usual as are Chelsea , and Liverpool to have bought a few players that would have improved our side , i am delighted with the players we have signed , but fail to see where our goals are going to come from , we will do extremely well to finish 6/7th ..

Out:

In:

fronts.

Who is Chre , Chire , Chric , Vlad ? 

Have to agree there , yes , we have bought sensibly at the back , but to me , the gap between the top 5 and us has just got bigger than it has ever been , utd have bought players we can only dream of having , city have strengthened , Arsenal are head and shoulders above us as usual as are Chelsea , and Liverpool to have bought a few players that would have improved our side , i am delighted with the players we have signed , but fail to see where our goals are going to come from , we will do extremely well to finish 6/7th ..

Soldado, Townsend 20-25million combined.

Lennon 7 mill. Vlad + Ade 8-10 mill combined. Best case = £42 million. Worst case = £35.

Building: A state of the art training ground. A 61,000 seater Stadium. An as a result of this and more importantly, A TEAM! I believe

Poch/Levy are investing in young hungry players, who truly want to be apart of what is being sold to them by both club and

the manager. Agree, as individual players not many would command a regular place in the 4 sides above us. But as a Unit, Sqaud,Team.

I can see us being a match for anyone this season. Chelski, granted are probably nailed on! Manchester (both) have question marks at

the back. And Woolwich you can get amongst (We have the players, Bentaleb, Mason, Vert, Toby, Rose, Walker, to mix it in my opinion) and unsettle. Add a ready made CDM, plus a Berihino and Bollase and in my opinion we have a squad of players that will

give us the ability to compete, in every sense.

Ps, The Vlad thing was an attempt at humour. Which obviously failed!!!

Soldado, Townsend 20-25million combined.

Lennon 7 mill. Vlad + Ade 8-10 mill combined. Best case = £42 million. Worst case = £35.

Building: A state of the art training ground. A 61,000 seater Stadium. An as a result of this and more importantly, A TEAM! I believe

Poch/Levy are investing in young hungry players, who truly want to be apart of what is being sold to them by both club and

the manager. Agree, as individual players not many would command a regular place in the 4 sides above us. But as a Unit, Sqaud,Team.

I can see us being a match for anyone this season. Chelski, granted are probably nailed on! Manchester (both) have question marks at

the back. And Woolwich you can get amongst (We have the players, Bentaleb, Mason, Vert, Toby, Rose, Walker, to mix it in my opinion) and unsettle. Add a ready made CDM, plus a Berihino and Bollase and in my opinion we have a squad of players that will

give us the ability to compete, in every sense.

Ps, The Vlad thing was an attempt at humour. Which obviously failed!!

With respect , your 8-10m value of Vlad and Adebayor are about 9m off , Chirices is going on a season loan to Italy and if we get 1,5m for Adebayor we would be doing well , Soldado is going back to La liga where there is no money , Townsend is worth no-where near what you valued him at ...