Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
BlockFeet

Latest rumours

Does he HAVE to go to AV if we say so?  What if he says he won't go?

As long as anyone is willing to pay him his contracted wages, he HAS to

go or is in violation of his contract?

If he says no ,he doesn't have to leave,,,but as I said at the end of last season ,,he has most probably been told he won't get a squad number,,and that means no games at all,,and train with the kids from now on

If he says no ,he doesn't have to leave,,,but as I said at the end of last season ,,he has most probably been told he won't get a squad number,,and that means no games at all,,and train with the kids from now on

That's exactly the case , same with Lennon i believe , bad Karma it seems follows Adebayor around ...

I hate to see wasted talent and Adebayor is a prime example. He has all the attributes to be a Super Star who fans love, but his attitude has left him as a player where hardly anybody who supports the teams he has played for has a good word to say about him. I can never understand how professional athletes don't want to PLAY the sport they are in, most park players pay to play each week and would turn out at a minutes notice in any conditions.

Looks like adey is finally going, but we've effectively had to give him away on a free to get rid. He's being loaned with Villa picking up the 100k wages but his contract expires next season so he'll be a free agent. That must have hurt for Levy - I bet he's bashing his head against a brick wall, lol. Truth is we should have dumped him years ago like every other club he's played for but Levy saw the dollar signs as usual.

Let's pray calamity Vlad follows and Townsend, if we shift those two I'll be happy despite the fact our squad will be looking a bit threadbare. Don't see much point in keeping Fazio either.

The window closes at the end of August despite the early start this year so don't you just know we'll still be bringing in new players 4 or 5 games in. When will we ever learn. That's spurs for you - you ask for Tevez and Cahill and you get Nelson and Saha, lol.

Lamela in talks with Porto about possible loan with view to buy at considerable write down on the figure we paid, something like 20 odd million. Christ, I bet Levy kicked the cat when he woke up this morning. I wonder if Baldini will be prepared to give us back some of the money Roma paid him in a brown paper bag after the original deal went through ;)

I'm almost positive that that's just paper not and not true in the slightest. Also I've heard and read that Dier was being paired next to bentaleb. If that somehow works out really well, great. If not, I see another CM coming in. Alli will be used sparingly (cup games) this season until he shows what it takes to play in the prem. I'm kinda hoping we go for someone like sven bender or kramer. Surely they have to be better than what he have (or what we had).

Once Ade and Vlad are off the bill, I'm expecting us to go for someone. Most likely a striker/winger. Not sure who, but someone.

Somehow I still think we'll be paying 50% of Adey's wages.

Sort of but not in reality.

If sources are to be believed, AV will pay a loan fee of £2.7M for a one year loan, doing the maths thats half of Ade's yearly wage. Ade will be paid £40k a week at AV. So we give him the fee in lieu of wages.

There must be some sort of tax benefit to doing it this way. AV are essentially paying his wages and getting him on a free one year loan. If true Levy is an absolute genius!

Awaiting confirmation with baited breath........he was at AV training ground yesterday......apparently!

I think it's easy to blame ENIC (Levy), Baldini or scouts for not getting STAR players, but a major problem is the modern player, who must play in CL or get mega money. Wright-Phillips is a classic case had a great career in front of him but would rather get splinters in his a*** on big wages than play regularly for non CL team. He's now retired to the MSL with big money. The wages are a big problem once you pay big money to one you get the rest of the team wanting big money.

Totally agree! Unfortunately a large percentage of players today put their bank balance before the thrill and glory

of performing. It's a cancer within the game. These are the reasons why, I (at the moment!) am proud to be a Spurs supporter.

We look to buy and develop young potential and invest and encourage our youth academy.

First and foremost, as a football fan, and Tottenham Hotspur Supporter of many, many years. I congratulate every element of the

structure at WHL!

I honestly would not want us to become like Chelski, City and the current Utd. If that means 5th/6th and a certain amount of

integrity, then so be it!

Without noting it, it's obvious of my age. I,m a dinosaur!!

I'm almost positive that that's just paper not and not true in the slightest. Also I've heard and read that Dier was being paired next to bentaleb. If that somehow works out really well, great. If not, I see another CM coming in. Alli will be used sparingly (cup games) this season until he shows what it takes to play in the prem. I'm kinda hoping we go for someone like sven bender or kramer. Surely they have to be better than what he have (or what we had).

Once Ade and Vlad are off the bill, I'm expecting us to go for someone. Most likely a striker/winger. Not sure who, but someone.

Like all of us, I think a ready made CDM is essential. But I think if any one of the DF's are likely to pair Bentaleb, then it would be

Toby! I agree, what a waste! But I think I,m right in saying he has played that role before?

If true Levy is an absolute genius!

Not really. It suits both parties. AV have got themselves a very decent but flawed striker to help them through the first season without Benteke. They paid nothing for him and picked up his wages for a year. Next season he'll be a free agent but Villa probably wont offer him a contract unless he severely reduces his wage demands. My guess is they'll dump him. 

These cunts ain't gone yet.. If it cost us 5 mil to get rid of ade I'd pay, negative, poisonous moaning cunt. Would still cost us 5mill to have him sat on a bench, breathing poison onto the kids.

Taking too long to get rid of the shit...ade, vlad, Lennon, Townsend, dembelle,soldado

Getting worried were leaving it too long to get quality in and be left short by a couple of additions.

These cunts ain't gone yet.. If it cost us 5 mil to get rid of ade I'd pay, negative, poisonous moaning cunt. Would still cost us 5mill to have him sat on a bench, breathing poison onto the kids.

Taking too long to get rid of the shit...ade, vlad, Lennon, Townsend, dembelle,soldado

Getting worried were leaving it too long to get quality in and be left short by a couple of additions.

yeah, typical spurs, it's been dragging on for weeks, and even then it's only happened because this time round Levy has turned a blind eye to the losses incurred. There's no way he would have sanctioned half of these outgoings if he had a choice, look how many years we've been trying to get rid of some of this dross. We should be careful what we wish for - who knows what bargain bucket, last minute, end of the window, replacements Levy will come up with this time, lol.

Sort of but not in reality.

If sources are to be believed, AV will pay a loan fee of £2.7M for a one year loan, doing the maths thats half of Ade's yearly wage. Ade will be paid £40k a week at AV. So we give him the fee in lieu of wages.

There must be some sort of tax benefit to doing it this way. AV are essentially paying his wages and getting him on a free one year loan. If true Levy is an absolute genius!

Awaiting confirmation with baited breath........he was at AV training ground yesterday......apparently!

If that's the case Top,deal of the summer.

To be fair, I think we offloaded pretty quickly considering the amount of dross that were at this club. Vlad and Ade are pretty much gone, leaving lennon (possibly to everton?), townsend (who I'm not sure poch will offload), and soldado (who has been attracting interest but nothing concrete yet). I think dembele will stay at the club for at least another season.

To be fair, I think we offloaded pretty quickly considering the amount of dross that were at this club. Vlad and Ade are pretty much gone, leaving lennon (possibly to everton?), townsend (who I'm not sure poch will offload), and soldado (who has been attracting interest but nothing concrete yet). I think dembele will stay at the club for at least another season.

Agreed. And honestly, I'm okay hanging on to 3 of these 4 as I think they may still come round for Poch. Lennon I would like to see move on though.

Am I right in saying, Ade*, Vlad*, Soldado, Townsend and Lennon have been left behind for the American trip?

If so! 2* down, 3 to go! Total 30+ mill. That will contribute nicely towards McCarthy and Berihino! 35-40 mill?