Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Hastingsyid

2 weeks till season starts

My guess is 5-6th in the league. Maybe the quarterfinals in the domestic cups, and at least the semifinals in the europa league. We still have a long way to go in the transfer window. I think my predictions are pretty realistic given what we have right now. If there is a few quality players brought in, who knows? My predictions will probably change by the end of the transfer window.

5/6th is probably the best we can do without adding to the current squad, but injuries to key players could ruin that. We have been over achieving for the past few years given our financial standing and without being in CL. We were fortunate to sign players like Berbertov, Modric, Bale and Van der Vaart when we did, if we could strike gold again we could push on.

Right this minute I'm thinking we are lined up to finish 5th yet again. Man U was ripe for the picking last season, we failed then, and they have done nothing but get better this off season.

I would love to see a deep run in Europa and to bring home a domestic cup.

However, having said those things, if we can maintain the offensive production from last season while shoring up the defense, which we appear to have done on paper at least, this team should bring home more wins and fewer draws/losses than last season so who really knows...

Despite having a truly world class keeper in Hugo, we conceded far too many goals last season.

As the clubs number one priority has been to fix this in the past month or so, hopefully the new guys will help sort of the mess that Tottenham's defence has been in recent seasons.

We will surely be bring at least a couple of new signings further up the pitch, so I am optimistic about the coming season...dare I dream of 4th position? let's see how we do in the first 4 or 5 games.

COYS!

Within 5 points from 3th and 4th place teams with 5 league games to go. We may finish anywhere from 3rd to 7th.

I don't expect us to win Europa but we need some convincing wins against top European teams.

It's probably not a good idea to play the strong team in FA and League cup. Poch got to pick one domestic cup and try to win it.

Right this minute I'm thinking we are lined up to finish 5th yet again. Man U was ripe for the picking last season, we failed then, and they have done nothing but get better this off season.

I would love to see a deep run in Europa and to bring home a domestic cup.

However, having said those things, if we can maintain the offensive production from last season while shoring up the defense, which we appear to have done on paper at least, this team should bring home more wins and fewer draws/losses than last season so who really knows...

optimistic

beat Arse, beat the dippers, be in the top 7, knock off one other top four be it Man U or Man

Shitty or Chelshit and wait for revenues to go up then conquer the fucking planet   I love this team            I hope when we do have the cash that we still go for the hard edge lads that aren't asking for 40 million        fucking little pricks  

Got a funny feeling that soldado may have a good season, if he stays I can see trippier setting him up every time he gets forward the two are made for each other, think we're dominate europe this year but still won't win it, the league fucked us over last year with the cup games all coming in the same week. it's too hard to win you'd need a squad like chelsea or Man City to win it.

The Europa could be the key.  So many of us have this opinion that Spurs are a Champions League team but the truth is we are not, not yet.  What is so bad about playing in and being a bonafide contender to win a competition like Europa.  I see very good European teams progressing into the late stages and winning Europa.  How close have we come? And yet we often treat those very same teams as though they are "beneath" us in status?  It makes no sense.

Why not treat Europa as our Holy Grail?  Going deep into Europa will attract the type of players we can afford and those pricks that only want Champions League are not the sort we want anyway at Spurs.  We want the sort of player that is less expensive, hungry, and ready to work for what they get, not those that want it given to them based on reputation.

Then, in a few years when we have our stadium and the financial clout to compete more closely with the ultra rich teams we will take the next step by bringing in a few key Marquis players to complement what we have built with a youthful and hard working core.  I would get far more satisfaction building a Champions League/Premiership winning team in this method rather than "buying" a contender like City, Chelsea and United.  

Spurs are perennial underdogs and I love that.  We are punching above our weight given our Transfer policy and Wage structure.  If I was only interested in a winner then I would have been a band wagon City or Chelsea fan.  For me the others well they can all Fuck Off.  There is only one Spurs.  The frustration of Spurs is just as big a part of why I love them as anything else and deep down inside we all know that.  Lets embrace it. 

I,m one of the deluded who believes we can finish in the top 4! So as for The (grueling) Europa League. Start

with a second string 11 on Thursday evenings and re-asses if we make the knock out stages.

The PL (top 4) and domestic cups, for me are up for grabs. I have admitted to being deluded, but I believe that

along with Chelski, of the top 6 teams, We look to be the most united. It's this, that I hope will see us across

the line!

Regardless of all my fantasies above! Win, lose or draw. As long as we see us play, exciting expansive football and

leave nothing on the pitch, game after game, home and away. I,ll be a Happy Spur!!

The Europa could be the key. So many of us have this opinion that Spurs are a Champions League team but the truth is we are not, not yet. What is so bad about playing in and being a bonafide contender to win a competition like Europa. I see very good European teams progressing into the late stages and winning Europa. How close have we come? And yet we often treat those very same teams as though they are "beneath" us in status? It makes no sense.

Why not treat Europa as our Holy Grail? Going deep into Europa will attract the type of players we can afford and those pricks that only want Champions League are not the sort we want anyway at Spurs. We want the sort of player that is less expensive, hungry, and ready to work for what they get, not those that want it given to them based on reputation.

Then, in a few years when we have our stadium and the financial clout to compete more closely with the ultra rich teams we will take the next step by bringing in a few key Marquis players to complement what we have built with a youthful and hard working core. I would get far more satisfaction building a Champions League/Premiership winning team in this method rather than "buying" a contender like City, Chelsea and United.

Spurs are perennial underdogs and I love that. We are punching above our weight given our Transfer policy and Wage structure. If I was only interested in a winner then I would have been a band wagon City or Chelsea fan. For me the others well they can all Fuck Off. There is only one Spurs. The frustration of Spurs is just as big a part of why I love them as anything else and deep down inside we all know that. Lets embrace it.

Good post. I'm one to write off Europa as I feel it always kills our Prem form, but you make a good point. Feel like Sevilla is attracting some talent this summer after taking Europa twice. Might be the most straight forward route to Champs for us as I think we lack the class to pull out 3 pts when needed for top 4. There will be grueling fixtures in March-May and outside of Kane--who will struggle to replicate last year's form I think--we don't have the class to steal points.

Soldado is an enigma. Would love if he stayed at bagged goals out of the blue, but despite the inevitable loss we'd take on him, I'd still consider getting 12 pounds for him a coup based on his time with us.

Been away, but back again. Before anyone mentions that I haven't been missed, I didn't miss you lot either!

I'm hoping we could squeeze a top 4 finish, but it is more likely to be 6th or maybe 5th. Realistically, a good EL run, cup final and proper stadium progress would all be good and hopefully achievable.

Incidentally - is there going to be a talksport predictor league for the Spurs Web members this season. I am hoping to improve on my mid-table mediocrity!

I think we realistically we could win 3 of the first six games, but if we hit the ground running we could do better maybe     I would love to see a tie or better at Real and carry the momentum on to ManU     now lets talk "what ifs?"   what if we beat Man U decisively the first game of the season    damn I'm excited      Coys                                             

I think we realistically we could win 3 of the first six games, but if we hit the ground running we could do better maybe     I would love to see a tie or better at Real and carry the momentum on to ManU     now lets talk "what ifs?"   what if we beat Man U decisively the first game of the season    damn I'm excited      Coys                                             

That would be very exciting, however, that excitement probably wouldn't last if we don't buy a backup striker. Poch said soldado was in his plans but I'm gonna guess that is so villareal have to pay up just a pound more for him. I don't know why ade hasn't left yet but he should (i hope.... i pray). This will be an exciting season maybe for other teams, but it will only remain a transitional season until we get in that extra striker and a cm and possibly another winger.

Been away, but back again. Before anyone mentions that I haven't been missed, I didn't miss you lot either!

I'm hoping we could squeeze a top 4 finish, but it is more likely to be 6th or maybe 5th. Realistically, a good EL run, cup final and proper stadium progress would all be good and hopefully achievable.

Incidentally - is there going to be a talksport predictor league for the Spurs Web members this season. I am hoping to improve on my mid-table mediocrity!

fuck me the welsh perv is back

fuck me the welsh perv is back

I've been away for a few months - doing a few months!

Really looking forward to Saturday - Walkabout in Cardiff to watch the first half, then Millennium Stadium for the egg-chasing. Fuck, it's good to have some proper sport to watch again.