Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Neil

PL: Sunderland vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Sunderland vs Spurs

I'm not a Poch hater but he probably won't play well hung son dunno why but he probably won't and we'll probably end up in a tie with a team that is statistically below us on the table and so on and so on

If we can't beat the mackem clowns,we are in serious serious trouble.

If we can't beat the mackem clowns,we are in serious serious trouble.

If we only get 2 points from the first 4 games we are in serious trouble. If we don't buy an out and out striker that we have needed for the last 5?seasons we are in serious trouble.

That said Nigel and Son may prove to be the missing links that allow us to have a reasonable season (10th).

If not and as ridiculous as it sounds it could,just could be a very bad season.

If we only get 2 points from the first 4 games we are in serious trouble. If we don't buy an out and out striker that we have needed for the last 5?seasons we are in serious trouble.

That said Nigel and Son may prove to be the missing links that allow us to have a reasonable season (10th).

If not and as ridiculous as it sounds it could,just could be a very bad season.

Chill.We have 3 points from 4 games.Its all good.

4-1-4-1:

What I think Poch will do...........

Walker/Toby/Vert/Rose (4) Would prefer Tripper (for Walker) getting a run out.

McKay, Sorry Dier (1)

Mason or Chadli/Alli (Eriksen still injured) Bentaleb/ Son (4)

Kane (1).

Dier/Bentaleb becoming a pair on and beyond halfway, when we push on in support of Kane and squeeze Sunland.

1-3. Coys!!

Guest Borodin

If you need a win play Spurs, every agreed if we lose this game poch will be gone?

No matter what the result I'm afraid Poch is here to stay for some time. He will argue the case with Levy that he inherited a load of players he didn't think were any good and whilst he's dumped quite a lot there are a few more that need getting rid of. There are new signings that need 'bedding in' and his playing "philosophy"  ( I love it when Van Gaal says that word....about four times every sentence !!) still needs to be firmly understood by his squad. He will ask for time but all the while he gives excuses and reasons to not win matches he has a huge sword hanging above his head and that is the requirement of a top four finish. Levy is fully aware that the top clubs are beginning to hunt down Harry Kane (regardless of how successful a season he has this time). He also knows Harry himself will become disillusioned unless he has true class players around him making chances and also relieving the burden of scoring goals.

I truly believe this is a hugely significant season for our club that will either see us with an exciting and trophy challenging team looking forward to playing at a new stadium or we shall yet once more sell our best players, sack the manager and start on the recruitment roundabout again. God forbid the latter

Poch is going nowhere... he likes to give youngsters a chance. This in turn means we spend less in the transfer market.... and as Danny Boy is spending the cash on the new stadium we will have many many years of not spending big in the window or on wages and hoping that with the help of a few youngsters who haven't cost much we can nick 4th or worst case settle for 6th and Europa. Poch is his man...

Eriksen, Dembele, and NJie are not available.

Mason and Carroll will have to create chances for our attackers.

Lloris

Trippier Toby Vert Rose

Mason Carroll Dier

Son  Kane Chadli

Subs: Vorm, Davies, Pritchard, Fazio, Townsend, Walker, Alli

Guest Borodin

Meanwhile, Pochettino said £22m summer signing Son Heung-min will make his debut at Sunderland on Sunday.

"Son scored three goals in his game for the national team and arrived on Monday and trained very well all week," the Argentine said of the 23-year-old.

Meanwhile, Pochettino said £22m summer signing Son Heung-min will make his debut at Sunderland on Sunday.

"Son scored three goals in his game for the national team and arrived on Monday and trained very well all week," the Argentine said of the 23-year-old.

I give it February before he gets a 5 minute runout...

Oh Ye ALL of little faith!

Best ever period to be a Spurs supporter in the past decade!

All the Meldrews, will be eating their words come May! An I for one will rejoice in their back-tracking!

COYS!!

"In the past decade" Christ like you I have a lot of hope that Nigel and Son will light up our team and season. To be a Spurs pessimist is to be a realist, you optimists keep the Spurs Management team doing the same old, same old year in year out.

It won't take until May we will all know in the next 6 weeks.

But I am hopeful on the basis that this season can only get better.!! Can't it!!!!!!

If you ever wanted proof that this was going to be a ???? Difficult season!!!! On the Spurs website is one of those stats guys who says Walker (that is Kyle Walker) is our best defender. I wasn't going to nominate Walker for our "give a goal to the opposition" tomorrow but now I feel I have to.

"In the past decade" Christ like you I have a lot of hope that Nigel and Son will light up our team and season. To be a Spurs pessimist is to be a realist, you optimists keep the Spurs Management team doing the same old, same old year in year out.

It won't take until May we will all know in the next 6 weeks.

But I am hopeful on the basis that this season can only get better.!! Can't it!!!!!!

Asc3 Man, You always have a rational considered reply. I respect that! This is where I,m coming from (bullet point to limit post)

Poch, One season, with half a dozen misfits. 5th + Wembley Trip.

Identified and ejected those misfits.

Knew we needed more pace. Bought Son/N'Jie and tried for Barehino (January). Our play will now become more expansive.

Knew we needed shoring up at the back. Bought Trippier/Wimmer and Toby. Back 4 looking good. ?Walker.

Failed on acquiring his first choice CDM, So has converted Dier who has slotted into that position well.

Such is the positive atmosphere at The Lane, we kept, Lloris, Verts, Eriksen, Bentaleb, when rumours were rife of them

departing. This atmosphere and vibe Poch has got going, is why one of the prems young english striking talents was

willing to strike, in an attempt to come and play under Poch!

Toby pushed for his move to The Lane too! Because his mate assured him we are a club in its ascendancy!

All of the above, plus Poch bought the very young but gifted Deli Alli.

I just do not see how 4 games in plus all the plus points (imo) above. ANYONE can be making negative comments right now!!!!

COYS!!

Asc3 Man, You always have a rational considered reply. I respect that! This is where I,m coming from (bullet point to limit post)

Poch, One season, with half a dozen misfits. 5th + Wembley Trip.

Identified and ejected those misfits.

Knew we needed more pace. Bought Son/N'Jie and tried for Barehino (January). Our play will now become more expansive.

Knew we needed shoring up at the back. Bought Trippier/Wimmer and Toby. Back 4 looking good. ?Walker.

Failed on acquiring his first choice CDM, So has converted Dier who has slotted into that position well.

Such is the positive atmosphere at The Lane, we kept, Lloris, Verts, Eriksen, Bentaleb, when rumours were rife of them

departing. This atmosphere and vibe Poch has got going, is why one of the prems young english striking talents was

willing to strike, in an attempt to come and play under Poch!

Toby pushed for his move to The Lane too! Because his mate assured him we are a club in its ascendancy!

All of the above, plus Poch bought the very young but gifted Deli Alli.

I just do not see how 4 games in plus all the plus points (imo) above. ANYONE can be making negative comments right now!!!!

COYS!!

Don't drink the Kool Aid...

I also lost my hopes after the everton win over chelsea. everton used chelseas vulnerability to their advantage. Sunderland will do the same and play offensiv at home as everton did today. First I thought thats good, cause that will give us the space we need to create chances. but truth is we will see a scared team tomorrow which is under pressure who have to get points.

Its a mental thing to win tomorrow, but willpower is not one of our strong points! I see a defeat or a draw at best!

Royce 71

With the rose tinted specs on you are absolutely right the case can be made that the current Spurs set up should lead to us having a good season.

After 50 years supporting Spurs I have become a pessimist in the last 5 years because we were serious challengers for the regular 4th place but we blew it. Again I will challenge the stataticians to prove me wrong but in the last 5 seasons we have finished with a Goal Difference of 6plus. All the teams above us have a GD of 25plus. Those 19 goals would have been worth 10/12 points and we would have been title challengers (except we don't normally win against the top 5).

Despite this glaring long term error we still this season have not rectified it by identifying a striker early enough(even before the window)

To sign before season start. Don't take my word , it is fact we were trying to get Saido in the last two hours.

Verthonghen,Bentaleb,Walker,Lamela and various other players are prone to making goal changing mistakes. I take no pleasure in saying that but is it true.

I am pleased with Diers committment and therefore his deserved progress.

Wiimmer,Trippier,Carroll,Nathan,Alli and others are not given the chance to see if they have what Dier has to be regular first team players. And as for Yedlin?????

Has Andros Townsend ever earned his money ?? If not why did we not get money for him to buy a professional. Unless we hope to play him later in the season so he can earn himself a good move (more money)

Apologies I did not intend a long rant but will conclude I am praying that Son and Nigel bring that something that makes us a top 6 team. It is a lot of pressure on them but even more on Mr Levy and Mr pochettino.