EL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs FK Qarabag

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Spurs vs FK Qarabag

• Spurs
    • FK Qarabag
    • Draw

Never heard of them before the draw.

I'm assuming part time players,badly run club,with poor management.

Sorry,too obvious...

Is that us or them?

I don't know if N'jie will be fit.

Vorm

Trippier Fazio Wimmer Davies

Winks Carroll

Pritchard Lamela Townsend

Well done Levy...

I think Rose is still the first choise for league games

I know it's old fashioned...... But why don't we just play our best team, get a good win,give all the players a confidence boost going into a few weeks of hard games that are coming up.

If there are injuries The squad players then have the opportunity of playing in the first team and may be encouraged to train,play and commit harder than just playing in the reserve team for 7/8 Europa games a season.

Hey!!!!! It may even encourage all the players to fight for their places (Sorry Harry 5 games without a goal - you may need a rest).

Of course it ain't never going to happen!!!!!

I know it's old fashioned...... But why don't we just play our best team, get a good win,give all the players a confidence boost going into a few weeks of hard games that are coming up.

If there are injuries The squad players then have the opportunity of playing in the first team and may be encouraged to train,play and commit harder than just playing in the reserve team for 7/8 Europa games a season.

Hey!!!!! It may even encourage all the players to fight for their places (Sorry Harry 5 games without a goal - you may need a rest).

Of course it ain't never going to happen!!!!!

..... so you're already turning your back on harry? the guy whos work rate is one of the best in the team? Sure why not. It's not like we have another striker that can just slip in and take his spot. And you want to play a first team against Qarabag? sorry, have you heard of them? neither have i. Why the hell would we risk a first team player getting injured or less fit against some team from azerbaijan rather than a much bigger game against palace on the sunday?

The EL is a good chance for those not in the first team to get confidence and perform well enough to convince poch to put them in the team for the premier league (aka what happened to harry last season). If someone from the first team sees someone play well in the EL, they'll think "oh shit, this guy might be able to take my spot." and he'll work harder too. Playing the strongest team in both the premier league and the EL is taxing for the players and doesn't give anyone else confidence. In fact, it can demotivate the others since they won't get any playing time to prove their worth.

You misunderstand my intentions. I am totally 100 per cent behind Harry. He is our best goalscorer,hardworking, committed player. But that is all he is a footballer of Spurs FC. If he is not performing (5 games Nil Goals) then perhaps playing against this lowly team from Azerbaijan he may score some goals and he and the team may be rejuvenated.

If he does not score how many games does he play before Poch has the gumption to identify and play our alternative goal scoring option which surely is not Barndoor Chadli.

Unlike the Prima Donnas at other clubs our players should be aware the club comes first, If you ain't performing you ain't playing. Harry is too mature to take umbrage at playing on Thursday or being dropped on Sunday.

Of course we could just do nothing and carry on the same old,same old!!!!!

It's at the lane got play harry, the pitch is fine and every player should be aware of how to protect themselves I'd rather harry at 80% effort than 100% of some other joker. Harry's the type of player that'll want to play and getting a goal in his new shirt number will give him a bit of confidence.

Be good to see some of the fringe players Pritchard wimmer trippier ninja son Carroll

Not sure if Eriksen, Dembele, Bentaleb, NJie are ready. May be give them some minutes.

I would want Son, Vert, Toby, Kane to be rested. They are played a lot of football during the international week. Kane and Son should spend more time in training to develop team chemistry with other first team players.

Vorm

Trippier Fazio Wimmer Davies

Carroll Alli

Lamela

Townsend  Onomah/Njie Pritchard

Recon even I could get on score sheet for this one! I'm currently a free agent so I'll drop Podgy Tina & Levy a line if they're desperate.

Play the 2nd XI and win 3-0 at least. Think better to rest Arry, otherwise chance he'll either get injured or not score which will make him even more tense! Hopefully some fringe players can make a claim to start the next league game. Liked Townsends attitude when he came on yesterday - looked up for it.

So we get through the group games and get knocked out by the first proper team we meet in the latter stages.

No one from the reserves/second team is promoted to the premier league team.

Still if our philosophy improves fair enough. Personally I would like the team format,tactics,player skills ,team understanding or whoever is our reserve striker (Is it Winks???) to be given a severe test of his abilities. I don't include Barndoor Chadli.

Failing that I suppose "philosophy" is important!! Right!!!!!!