Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
aimanished

MANCITY MATCH THIS WEEKEND!!!

Whoa!!Whoa!!! Before you all go skipping down the yellow brick road with Dorothy!!!!

Their offside goal was thankfully not the fault of any individual mistake - the whole bloody defence went on their holidays!!!!

On another day a different team would have blown us out of the water in the first half an hour.

This is the standard that this group of players is capable of and up to now the Tactics,Team Spirit and definitely Committment have been lacking and that is directly down to the Team Coach and his Managemnt Team.

The level of this performance is what we should expect week in and week out with the odd dip occasionally.

It was heartening and wonderful to finally have a performance to be proud of and I expect to see it every week.

Poch the very early days,very early of you proving you do have the management skills to manage a Top Premier Club.

That's true fella,,but those decisions usually go against us,,and with such a young squad we have to accept there will be bad moments,,,which is not gonna be the coaches fault.this win can only be a positive for there confidence,I know city didn't have there number side out,,but it was a side that would beat 90% of teams in the prem,,I think they took us bit to lightly ,,,we can only improve,,for once we are not conceading goals easily,,

Whoa!!Whoa!!! Before you all go skipping down the yellow brick road with Dorothy!!!!

Their offside goal was thankfully not the fault of any individual mistake - the whole bloody defence went on their holidays!!!!

On another day a different team would have blown us out of the water in the first half an hour.

This is the standard that this group of players is capable of and up to now the Tactics,Team Spirit and definitely Committment have been lacking and that is directly down to the Team Coach and his Managemnt Team.

The level of this performance is what we should expect week in and week out with the odd dip occasionally.

It was heartening and wonderful to finally have a performance to be proud of and I expect to see it every week.

Poch the very early days,very early of you proving you do have the management skills to manage a Top Premier Club.

While I agree we shouldn't get carried away,MoPo had sorted our biggest weakness last year - defence.Lets give him credit for that.

Movement and Pace proved to be the the foundations to this win. Son brings so many options to the team and makes it easier for players on the ball. The work ethic paid off big time for us. The more this team play together the better we can get. Dier and Alli were superb in the midfield, when you consider the quality of the guys they were playing against.I have had my doubts about Lamela, I think he wants too much time on the ball and gets himself and the team in trouble. Today his work-rate and effort were faultless, but I did put the ball in the net twice before he did and if he hadn't scored I'd have had a purple fit. The defence was on top form, no diving in for reckless tackles or sloppy passes. Lloris made the saves he had to and looked safe. The greatest thing about today was the moaners were very quiet.

Agree, regards Lamela. One touch-to much! If he would just learn to make his decisions/passes/shots, that second earlier,

he could be even more of a threat to any opposition imo.

...and up to now the Tactics,Team Spirit and definitely Committment have been lacking...

Couldn't highlight the piece I wanted, so quoting only that and it's not out of context.

What team have you been watching this season? Aside from 20 mins against Stoke and letting in the equalizer right after we scored at Leicester, we have outplayed every team we have been up against. The ONLY thing lacking was the result. And if you keep playing like we have, not just against City, but from the start of the season, that will even out eventually.

I can understand you don't want to get your hopes high, because we have all been let down before. I'm in the same boat. But don't misrepresent the facts just to suit a certain narrative.

Ha ha where's mihai? Bet that's ruined his weekend what's he going to moan about now! Come on mihai be the big man and congratulate the team and poch especially! Probably the only time you'll have to do it this season ha ha.

Well yes! What a great performance, by the team and by the coach!

We looked very much like a team, never gave up, hungry for a win.

It reminds me about winning against chelsea at whl last season.

I hope this time we will continue with such performances and improve game after game.

Guest Borodin

Saw a lot negative about Nigel the other day,but the lad showed a lot of potential when he came on.

Killer pass to Lamela.

Who is Nigel pal ?? (Only joking) If you mean Clinton Njié then I agree, lots of potential and can only improve. That's the great thing about the squad, it's young and they are learning together as a unit...that should give us a great team spirit with everyone playing their part. Dare to dream lads !!!! COYS

Was chatting with my son about the game and he said to me we can play like that because City came to play to win, the real test is how we do against the teams with 9/10 men in their half for most of the game. I think that's where Son will be effective with his close control and quick feet. I liked what I saw about Njie, he had the presence of mind to pass early to Lamela rather than run into the box.

Was chatting with my son about the game and he said to me we can play like that because City came to play to win, the real test is how we do against the teams with 9/10 men in their half for most of the game. I think that's where Son will be effective with his close control and quick feet. I liked what I saw about Njie, he had the presence of mind to pass early to Lamela rather than run into the box.

Smart boy! I bet he also realizes that when that happens we (as supporters) have to have patients. Unlike one or 2 on

hear perhaps!! Just kidding lads and lassies :)