Neil

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Newcastle United

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Spurs vs Newcastle

• Spurs
    • Newcastle
    • Draw

Spurs are a top 6 team. Poch is there to make us a solid top 4 team. He has added a couple of youngsters who have played and fitted in well. Can Poch manage and get the best from the senior players I am not so sure. From winning positions we draw too many games a good manager should be learning lessons from this.

Poch after the game was positive. We at home, we winning, we lose!!! You can't be serious!!!(Positve)!!!!!

All rubbish today, sooo bloody angry, they looked like overpaid primadonnas, absolutely clueless up front. Clueless. As for bringing chadli on, he is garbage. Get bolasie and ighalo, some fresh players with some kinda idea how to win.

It was coming this defeat looked like for weeks now we've been more worried about not losing than we are about winning.

Still a young team we missed dembele today and eriksen have an off day.

Still lots to play for I think we're still be on here pissed off if we had drawn but 2nd half was terrible but there young and will learn

COYS

Ps - Poc is a great manager but fuck me he never makes the right subs !!!!

We have some good young talent . Unfortunately I can't see Carroll making the grade.I got the feeling Dier recognised this, and disregarding his goal, it was probably his worst performance. I'm not going to slag Rose off because I've come to expect this kind performance from him every dozen games or so.

We've coped better than usual following Europa League games this season but today we reverted back too type

We have some good young talent . Unfortunately I can't see Carroll making the grade.I got the feeling Dier recognised this, and disregarding his goal, it was probably his worst performance. I'm not going to slag Rose off because I've come to expect this kind performance from him every dozen games or so.

We've coped better than usual following Europa League games this season but today we reverted back too type

Regarding Rose you know it , I know and you have to assume Poch and his management team know it. He is not reliable,consistent enough.

Hopefully after a week of Poch discounting talk of Premiership titles he has also been brought down to earth and realises you have to work hard for every football minute and during the game have to,have to make game winning decisions!!!!!

Regarding Rose you know it , I know and you have to assume Poch and his management team know it. He is not reliable,consistent enough.

Hopefully after a week of Poch discounting talk of Premiership titles he has also been brought down to earth and realises you have to work hard for every football minute and during the game have to,have to make game winning decisions!!!!!

Even the wally with the brolly realised,if I put Sissoko on Rose were going to get some joy at some point. Poch should of adjusted really

Guest Borodin

I know this sounds rather strange but somehow I feel 'cheated'. It's as though I have bought something and then when it arrived it didn't look like what I ordered. What I bought into was the idea that we really were a serious title contending team and a definite top four certainty. I read all the promotional advertising i.e. pundits and media proclaiming an exciting new Spurs side with young talent galore which was destined for great things, I saw photographs of the product in results which although only draws promised better things to come and that we were simply unlucky not to get all three points. I decided to 'buy' into the dream and believe my beloved Spurs were going to rattle the timbers of the premiership and finally give the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd a real run for their money. I watched as we edged towards a top four spot and finally when Man Utd stumbled and fell against lowly Bournemouth our chance came. We were on an unbeaten run and at home playing a team that was struggling in the bottom three of the table...I ordered my dream and waited for the 'goods' to arrive. What turned up on my dooorstep was just a shabby imitation and nothing like what I imagined. It was a lacklustre performance by a team that didn't seem to realise the importance of the occasion or be in any way bothered to try and maintain the unbeaten streak. We simply lay down and took a beating.

So what do I do, tell myself off for ever imagining things would be different ? or do I continue to dream and regard this as a mere hiccup ?. For the moment I shall allow myself hope but I cannot justify or explain away why we played such rubbish today of all days when glory really did beckon.

Cheated ? YES.....still believing ? YES............COYS !!

I know this sounds rather strange but somehow I feel 'cheated'. It's as though I have bought something and then when it arrived it didn't look like what I ordered. What I bought into was the idea that we really were a serious title contending team and a definite top four certainty. I read all the promotional advertising i.e. pundits and media proclaiming an exciting new Spurs side with young talent galore which was destined for great things, I saw photographs of the product in results which although only draws promised better things to come and that we were simply unlucky not to get all three points. I decided to 'buy' into the dream and believe my beloved Spurs were going to rattle the timbers of the premiership and finally give the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd a real run for their money. I watched as we edged towards a top four spot and finally when Man Utd stumbled and fell against lowly Bournemouth our chance came. We were on an unbeaten run and at home playing a team that was struggling in the bottom three of the table...I ordered my dream and waited for the 'goods' to arrive. What turned up on my dooorstep was just a shabby imitation and nothing like what I imagined. It was a lacklustre performance by a team that didn't seem to realise the importance of the occasion or be in any way bothered to try and maintain the unbeaten streak. We simply lay down and took a beating.

So what do I do, tell myself off for ever imagining things would be different ? or do I continue to dream and regard this as a mere hiccup ?. For the moment I shall allow myself hope but I cannot justify or explain away why we played such rubbish today of all days when glory really did beckon.

Cheated ? YES.....still believing ? YES............COYS !!

I agree and would accept all of that! I feel the starting line-up reflected a 'casual', almost arrogant approach towards this game.

To not play a recognized attacker (Son) against one of the poorest sides in the league up with Kane, and replace Alli, with

Carroll, then expect Alli to fill that attacking role, plus his defensive duties, was for me, why we did not win today.

Poch (who I am a massive fan of) did not only want to win today, but he wanted to attempt to take Newcastle apart, to send

a message to all! Unfortunately, he got it catastrophically wrong!!

Do you really believe pochetino is so cool and sophysticated to think such a plan? He cant make a decent sub during a game ffs! Far away than being a genious.

But overall he did a decent job this year. He has enough time to fuck up everything, it is a long road until may.

Guest Borodin

the more I think about it, maybe it was time to lose. We needed to be brought back down to earth and I think This squad under this manager will show thier strength of character and learn to be more aggressive in the final third.

Sorry but I disagree entirely...there is never a good time to lose. Winning inspires confidence and self belief but what I do believe is this. Our unbeaten record was becoming more of a burden than an incentive..When drawing games perhaps there was a reluctance to 'go for broke' at the risk of losing our undefeated streak. Now the run has ended and we have nothing to 'defend' in matches perhaps we will maintain the pressure and kill off teams rather than try and just get over the line. I also hope the manager has learnt from this and that his team selection and tactical approach will bear a little more sensibility than Sunday's did.

So to summarise, the record has gone and good riddance, the manager has learnt a few things, the team has had a wake up call and the supporters are naturally despondent. It is how we react to this defeat that matters. Personally I cannot see us getting anything at Southampton and it's not like me to be so pessimistic. I'd be happy with a point but then we have Norwich at home and Watford away...I expect no less than six points from those two games otherwise our top four credibility is blown away and it's another premiership season full of promises that achieves nothing.

Guys I haven't posted for a while but am I the only 1 of us on here that is going fuck being diplomatic and say what I feel?

Ok eriksen is absolutely dreadful and has been for months, he glides through games somehow without contributing to much apart from let's say 1 out of 5 decent set pieces.

His corners are more often than not shit, his free kicks are shit, he's living on past free kicks, he doesn't assist and he doesn't score. Overrated ain't the word.

What the fuck is son? He is utter garbage who we paid over 20 million for when we stumbled at paying that for berahino who I did not want but is in a different league to this Chinese or whatever oriental country he's from. This guy is fucking shit.

Clinton njie, we paid double figures for a guy who at best would look ok at qpr, he offers nothing and could not even make the bench yesterday.

Lamela will never be good enough to make a serious impact on this team or the premier league, he is weak, he has no concept of how to beat a man, he again looks ok playing against championship opposition like the Europa league crap we play.

Tom Carroll well he doesn't belong at our club and will be sold for 4 million in January or end of season.

Kane looked shocking yesterday but I refuse to rubbish him as he works like fuck and is a very good player not great but good.

Dier looked woeful but we can forgive him 1 bad game,

Rose needs replacing full stop but it seems he is here to stay.

Alli needs a rest, he has bags of potential but he wasted so many decent opportunities yesterday and is looking like he's believing to much in the hype surrounding him.

Toby is quality and Jan to me looks almost back to his best. Walker to has impressed me recently.

Hugo was shocking as he was for the goal against Arsenal where he fell over when he should of stayed big.

Now for poch the man who everyone believes is our messiah, the man who brings son on instead of bentaleb to shore things up when we needed it most. The man who if the top teams weren't as consistently shit as us would be managing a team sitting 7th ot 8th and facing serious flack for the lack of wins and goals that we so desire. The man who payed almost 35 million for son and njie. I don't believe in him and never will.

If we finish 4th I'll be as happy as fuck but guys there's no chance whatsoever while poch is in charge. I'm open for a serious bashing at the end of the season if he proves me wrong.

We won just 6 games of 16

We have 8 draws, four times we had the lead.

Better we lost the other 4 games and won the 4 games which we had the lead

In all of these 4 draws when we conceeded the goal i never saw that we want to score the winning goal

This is true but great teams are built from the back forward. In other words do not attack unless you can defend.

true in all sports and life circumstanes.

Patience is key, rediculous to say this in modern football but we need to alleviate some expectation and pressure.

Leicester are top of the table for fucks sake.

PS im with u on Dembele, we missed him badly.

Guest Borodin

If we finish 4th I'll be as happy as fuck but guys there's no chance whatsoever while poch is in charge. I'm open for a serious bashing at the end of the season if he proves me wrong.

All respect to you for speaking your mind and there's quite a bit in there that I agree with regarding signings. I too am concerned about Alli and that his ego is inflating at a faster rate than his experience, Son shows willing but does tend to run around like a headless chicken and Rose should not be on the pitch. Walker has improved dramatically over the past few weeks and has changed my opinion of him. I wouldn't slag Eriksen off as badly as that but he does seem to have dropped a couple of gears lately, Clinton I agree with you...not up to the standard required and needs moving on. Hugo is like the weather at times...totally unpredictable but nevertheless a top class goalkeeper.

The manager will live or die by this season's outcome... as far as I am concerned...the jury is out at the moment. Top four chance was never ever more within our grasp than now and it cut deep with me that we let Man Utd off the hook yesterday and they stay fourth.

I can see no more than 7 points maximum from our next three games and if we do that I think we might just edge up to fourth. As I said in an earlier post I am really pleased that unbeaten record is gone and no longer hanging around our necks.

Guys I haven't posted for a while but am I the only 1 of us on here that is going fuck being diplomatic and say what I feel?

Ok eriksen is absolutely dreadful and has been for months, he glides through games somehow without contributing to much apart from let's say 1 out of 5 decent set pieces.

His corners are more often than not shit, his free kicks are shit, he's living on past free kicks, he doesn't assist and he doesn't score. Overrated ain't the word.

What the fuck is son? He is utter garbage who we paid over 20 million for when we stumbled at paying that for berahino who I did not want but is in a different league to this Chinese or whatever oriental country he's from. This guy is fucking shit.

Clinton njie, we paid double figures for a guy who at best would look ok at qpr, he offers nothing and could not even make the bench yesterday.

Lamela will never be good enough to make a serious impact on this team or the premier league, he is weak, he has no concept of how to beat a man, he again looks ok playing against championship opposition like the Europa league crap we play.

Tom Carroll well he doesn't belong at our club and will be sold for 4 million in January or end of season.

Kane looked shocking yesterday but I refuse to rubbish him as he works like fuck and is a very good player not great but good.

Dier looked woeful but we can forgive him 1 bad game,

Rose needs replacing full stop but it seems he is here to stay.

Alli needs a rest, he has bags of potential but he wasted so many decent opportunities yesterday and is looking like he's believing to much in the hype surrounding him.

Toby is quality and Jan to me looks almost back to his best. Walker to has impressed me recently.

Hugo was shocking as he was for the goal against Arsenal where he fell over when he should of stayed big.

Now for poch the man who everyone believes is our messiah, the man who brings son on instead of bentaleb to shore things up when we needed it most. The man who if the top teams weren't as consistently shit as us would be managing a team sitting 7th ot 8th and facing serious flack for the lack of wins and goals that we so desire. The man who payed almost 35 million for son and njie. I don't believe in him and never will.

Good post! Some valid points/observations and some questionable ones imo.

Eriksen: Spot On!

Son: Since his arrival, his game time has been sporadic. There has been enough glimpses for me to believe he will come good.

N'Jie: Same as Son.

Lamela: Spot On!

Carroll: Unfortunately, Spot On!

Kane: Agree!

Dier: Agree!

Rose: ?

Davis as his replacement? If not then who? Right here and now, I,d play him further up the pitch in a mid-field 4, consisting

of ( Rose), Demele, Alli, Son, with just 1 (Dier) holding Mf. 4-1-4-1. Kane up top. Rose could push on and whip decent

crosses (as good if not better than anyone can at the moment) into the box, without worrying about leaving himself

exposed, with Davis in behind him. Plus, those silly fouls he gives away, would be in less affective positions for the opposition.

Alli: Spot On!

Toby, Jan, Walker: Spot On!

Hugo! Still one of the top 5 Gk's in the world for me.

Poch:

This is where I have to disagree! Messiah? Not quite! Right man for the job? No doubt, imo!

I have seen this manager able to sell his philosophy of work ethic into a talented (for the most part) group of players,

without compromising (Manure, Van-Gaal) flair. When I watch Spurs these days, I see a galvanised, classy 'unit',

that has become difficult (yesterdays game aside) to beat. We no longer have that soft underbelly.

Added to this, he is a young forward thinking, (Van-Gaal. Not!) pro academy manager, who is media friendly and a

great representative of our great club. I,ll ask again, if not Poch, then (realistically) who?

Like you Jonesy, I,ll be open to a serious bashing, if Poch dose not deliver CL football this season!:)

COYS!!

Ps, I thought the 65th minute substitution of Son for Carrol was the right one! Poch was going for the win, (almost paid off)

not to shore the game up with 30 minutes to go. If I had a critisism of Poch yesterday, it was that he should have started

with Son (up with Harry) instead of playing Carrol along side Dier.

Good post! Some valid points/observations and some questionable ones imo.

Eriksen: Spot On!

Son: Since his arrival, his game time has been sporadic. There has been enough glimpses for me to believe he will come good.

N'Jie: Same as Son.

Lamela: Spot On!

Carroll: Unfortunately, Spot On!

Kane: Agree!

Dier: Agree!

Rose: ?

Davis as his replacement? If not then who? Right here and now, I,d play him further up the pitch in a mid-field 4, consisting

of ( Rose), Demele, Alli, Son, with just 1 (Dier) holding Mf. 4-1-4-1. Kane up top. Rose could push on and whip decent

crosses (as good if not better than anyone can at the moment) into the box, without worrying about leaving himself

exposed, with Davis in behind him. Plus, those silly fouls he gives away, would be in less affective positions for the opposition.

Alli: Spot On!

Toby, Jan, Walker: Spot On!

Hugo! Still one of the top 5 Gk's in the world for me.

Poch:

This is where I have to disagree! Messiah? Not quite! Right man for the job? No doubt, imo!

I have seen this manager able to sell his philosophy of work ethic into a talented (for the most part) group of players,

without compromising (Manure, Van-Gaal) flair. When I watch Spurs these days, I see a galvanised, classy 'unit',

that has become difficult (yesterdays game aside) to beat. We no longer have that soft underbelly.

Added to this, he is a young forward thinking, (Van-Gaal. Not!) pro academy manager, who is media friendly and a

great representative of our great club. I,ll ask again, if not Poch, then (realistically) who?

Like you Jonesy, I,ll be open to a serious bashing, if Poch dose not deliver CL football this season!:)

COYS!!

Ps, I thought the 65th minute substitution of Son for Carrol was the right one! Poch was going for the win, (almost paid off)

not to shore the game up with 30 minutes to go. If I had a critisism of Poch yesterday, it was that he should have started

with Son (up with Harry) instead of playing Carrol along side Dier.

good reply roycey.

I can't agree with the substitution as he unsettled the midfield by playing son, he doesn't hold his position at all and is kind of like an amateur in the way he drifts to far out of position and constantly giving away possession whilst the obviously terrible conversions he seems to keep kicking were another highlight.

I will never Give a fellow Spurs supporter a bashing and that's the best thing about this forum we can all express our opinions without being terrorised but I will give you a gentle reminder when we finish 5th or 6th.

I am sure everyone would love to see Diego simeone at the lane and I am not convinced that with a new stadium on the horizon and the challenge of taking us into a new era he may just consider us a favourable destination. Klopp went to Liverpool so why not.

Realistically though I may not be able to answer that with a credible answer as apart from de boer I have no other real favourites.

I just don't think I'll ever be convinced by poch.

Van gaal is in trouble, 250 million spent with no real improvement but I guarantee we all hoped he would come to us before he went to Man U.

Hugo is an enigma for me, he has that accident waiting to happen era surrounding him and although I think he is top class I cant help feeling I'd feel safer with a jack butland type in between our sticks.

I guess roycey after watching us through the 80,s till now I just strive for perfection mate

good reply roycey.

I can't agree with the substitution as he unsettled the midfield by playing son, he doesn't hold his position at all and is kind of like an amateur in the way he drifts to far out of position and constantly giving away possession whilst the obviously terrible conversions he seems to keep kicking were another highlight.

I will never Give a fellow Spurs supporter a bashing and that's the best thing about this forum we can all express our opinions without being terrorised but I will give you a gentle reminder when we finish 5th or 6th.

I am sure everyone would love to see Diego simeone at the lane and I am not convinced that with a new stadium on the horizon and the challenge of taking us into a new era he may just consider us a favourable destination. Klopp went to Liverpool so why not.

Realistically though I may not be able to answer that with a credible answer as apart from de boer I have no other real favourites.

I just don't think I'll ever be convinced by poch.

Van gaal is in trouble, 250 million spent with no real improvement but I guarantee we all hoped he would come to us before he went to Man U.

Hugo is an enigma for me, he has that accident waiting to happen era surrounding him and although I think he is top class I cant help feeling I'd feel safer with a jack butland type in between our sticks.

I guess roycey after watching us through the 80,s till now I just strive for perfection mate

Once again Jonesy I find myself agreeing with a large % of your post, except the bit about our manager!

When he was appointed just over 18 months (this has to be a big consideration) ago, I was delighted! For me, it was always

Poch or Anchelotti. Poch was my No:1 due to his age. De Boar, Van-Gaal, as good as they are, had done nothing in The EPL,

same go's for Simione, who has had a reasonable amount of success over his relatively short career, but to many appointments

in that career for me to trust him long-term.

We have the right man in place, for the hear and now, plus the future. He was given a 5 year deal back in 2014. The past

18+ months for me, has seen us progress under him. That has cemented my original opinion, that he should be given that time

continue to improve us and build a squad, that will be fitting of a 61,000 seater stadium.

In Poch I trust, and it will take a lot for me to change that opinion. Purely because there ain't (imo) anyone out there and

available that could, would have done better in the past 18 months, (I,ll keep making that point!) plus consistancy is the key

to long-term success.

I know your love for our club, wants Poch (any manager) to be successful, and I accept your opinion of him and how frustrating

it is when you don't have faith in a coach. All I can reiterate (for the reasons above) is, I think he will succeed, and I think CL

qualification this season, will be the start of something special at The Lane.

COYS!!:)

I think those booing at the end we're doing so because they wanted the players to know that not only was it an unacceptable performance but they care which is more than I seen from any Spurs player. Who played well for Spurs?? Some of them are more interested in Saturday nights entertainment than worrying about another below par performance.

More than them or any of us Poch should be mortified that a team capable of so much some times give so little. Once they go into "who cares" mode he does not seem to be able to change the play.

I have said it many times but hoped it was not true but Poch is weak and cannot manage senior professional rich boys. New signings and the youngsters do play for him but as a few have said in recent posts even All is beginning to love himself too much.

Poch whatever motivational,discipline tools are available within the club, you had better use them quickl or get ready to join the manager merry go round in May.