Spurs Web
Guest Borodin

Transfer Window News (Next One July 2017)

West Ham are ready to spend more than us, they want a striker, Lacazette or Batsh will sign for them. 

The only problem is they don't offer UCL football.

I hope someone will buy Payet after EC, I am afraid they will improve again next season. 

Guest Borodin

West Ham are ready to spend more than us, they want a striker, Lacazette or Batsh will sign for them. 

The only problem is they don't offer UCL football.

I hope someone will buy Payet after EC, I am afraid they will improve again next season. 

Mihai, you were doing so well with your upbeat posts...try and stay happy pal...if only for the summer holidays !!  Just keep your fingers crossed that Poch knows what he's doing and has the full financial backing of Levy.....if that's the case then what could possibly go wrong ?????   :)

Berahino, Wanyama. Bolasie and The Dutchman. Imo this will be Poch's in's/outs. (70+ mill?)

Mason, Chadli, Pritchard, Carrol, Bentaleb, Fazio (25+mill? and possible Lamela to help attempt to balance the books (20-22+?).

Coys!

My only reservation is that with all previous with Berahino's transfer, what is his mental state now and will it come right?

The dutch league is a good training ground, but not a strong one. That justify the low price. The problem is that a lot of talents don't make it when they leave the dutch league. Its a risk, but Janssen seems to be the perfrct back up striker for harry, although I wish to get an striker that csn offer more and diffrent things upfront.

My only reservation is that with all previous with Berahino's transfer, what is his mental state now and will it come right?

I completely understand any reservations people would have regards Berahino, but I feel this boy feels like a big fish in a small pond

at WBA and perhaps has behaved that way theses past 12 months. If he does come to Spurs, and he obviously wants to (always a

good thing) then sitting in the Spurs dressing room looking around at all his top international team mates, will humble him

and make him want to impress imo.

Plus I think Poch and Harry will bring out all the potential this lad has!

Coys!

I completely understand any reservations people would have regards Berahino, but I feel this boy feels like a big fish in a small pond

at WBA and perhaps has behaved that way theses past 12 months. If he does come to Spurs, and he obviously wants to (always a

good thing) then sitting in the Spurs dressing room looking around at all his top international team mates, will humble him

Coys!

The lad seems to be the real deal and if he can be developed to his full potential, then the Tottenham team are as good as any if not the best.

We won't spend 20-25m on him.

The lad seems to be the real deal and if he can be developed to his full potential, then the Tottenham team are as good as any if not the best.

Jordon Ibe is not happy at Liverpool under Klopp. He's one of Rodgers's players. Klopp needs cash to bring players in.

IMO Ibe may be a good fit for Poch's system.

Guest Borodin

Spurs believe they are close to securing an £11m deal for Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama.Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has been keen to land another defensive midfielder ahead of next season, when the White Hart Lane club will be returning to the Champions League.He believes Kenya international Wanyama â€“ who he signed from Scottish giants Celtic for £12.5m three years ago when he was the Saints ‘ boss – will be an ideal fit, and has had a long-standing interest in the powerful midfielder.According to the Sunday People, Saints have now reluctantly accepted the 24-year-old, who has one year remaining on his current contract, wants to rejoin his old boss in London.And it’s believed negotiations have moved on in the last 24 hours, with Spurs eager to conclude this deal and move on to fresh targets.

Mihai, you were doing so well with your upbeat posts...try and stay happy pal...if only for the summer holidays !!  Just keep your fingers crossed that Poch knows what he's doing and has the full financial backing of Levy.....if that's the case then what could possibly go wrong ?????   :)

I hate West Ham most from this world, I just can't stay calm when I read news about them. 

Coys!

In winter transfer period I heard a lot of voices saying Berahino would not go to Newcastle because he should be a Spurs player in this summer. 

Well well... It seems not.

Trying to sign the dutch striker from alkmaar proves we don't want to sign Berahino anymore. 

In winter transfer period I heard a lot of voices saying Berahino would not go to Newcastle because he should be a Spurs player in this summer. 

Trying to sign the dutch striker from alkmaar proves we don't want to sign Berahino anymore. 

I'm not sure that is true at all. I don't think any of us think adding just one striker is good enough. Most squads carry 3-4 dedicated strikers, especially those playing continental footie. The fact that we got by with just Kane last year in 4 competitions is nothing short of amazing. While we absolutely have to sign one striker, I will be happier if we sign two.

I'm not against the move but I'm not a big fan of Wanyama. Getting 3 red cards in a season could cost the team 9 points. I'm not sure if Wanyama is as good as Dier or Dembele.

Daley Blind would be my pick to play DM, CB, LB.

Wanyama would be a good signing for 11m
We need power in centre mid when dembele doesn't play.
Would be happy if we get this one sorted and then get Janssen before another team snatches him !!

I don't want Wanyama at Spurs.

He's a good player but is very petulant,and drifts in and out of games.

I don't want Berahino at Spurs.

A good player but not of the standard we require.

No offense stanmac but two years ago this board, to a man, said Harry Kane wasn't to the standard we require. Now look at him. Berahino has been somewhat successful at finding the net in the PL already, and on a team that thinks defense first to. Maybe Poch couldn't get more out of them than that but I do wonder.

Not saying I want him per se...just saying I know enough now to know that I don't really know. Ya know?

Neophyte,I rarely take offence about anything...

I know you know now what I know now,if you know now what I now know then we both know.,,,,,lol

Not so sure! Firstly Janssen seems (don't know that much about him) a different front man than Berahino. Poch

was more than keen to sign him 5 months ago and Berahino was more than keen to sign 5 months ago.

Point! I think Poch /Berahino would like the deal to still be done, it's just a case of wether JP will let him come to us after the

pantomime back in January?

Guest Borodin

it's just a case of whether JP will let him come to us after the

pantomime back in January?

Oh yes he will.....oh no he won't.....oh yes he will..oh no he won't...he's behind you !!

Guest Borodin

Wolfsburg are currently the only other club rivalling Tottenham for Vincent Janssen, Sky sources understand.

Sky Sports News HQ reported last week that the Dutch international striker had been given permission by current club AZ Alkmaar to speak to Spurs, and he spent a day in London listening to Mauricio Pochettino's vision.

It is understood that Wolfsburg are the only other club that Alkmaar have given permission to speak to Janssen at this stage.Sky sources also understand there has still not been any contact from Spurs to discuss a transfer fee with the Eredivisie club.

If we really want this guy then we need to make a move...now !

From what I have seen/read regards Janssen these past few days (knew very little to nothing previous) if you are standing

him up and being a realistic Spurs supporter (price, wages, ability etc) against Batshuay, then for me it has to be Janssen all

day long!

Sure if you want the 'glamour' signing so you can brag at work, then Batshuay is your man! However, I have a feeling in my

old bones that Janssen will produce in the epl, and if that is'nt instantly, then I don't see this boy wilting or hiding. This lad

seems to have a pair and the hunger to succeed.

12 million v 32 million. 70-80,000? v 100-120,000? Appetite v Attitude. Goal ratio v Goal ratio. Janssen wins on all counts imo!

Stop f**king about Daniel! If it takes a couple of million more and another 10 grand a week to stop this boy going to Wolfsburg,

then pay-up!

From what I have seen/read regards Janssen these past few days (knew very little to nothing previous) if you are standing

him up and being a realistic Spurs supporter (price, wages, ability etc) against Batshuay, then for me it has to be Janssen all

day long!

Sure if you want the 'glamour' signing so you can brag at work, then Batshuay is your man! However, I have a feeling in my

old bones that Janssen will produce in the epl, and if that is'nt instantly, then I don't see this boy wilting or hiding. This lad

seems to have a pair and the hunger to succeed.

12 million v 32 million. 70-80,000? v 100-120,000? Appetite v Attitude. Goal ratio v Goal ratio. Janssen wins on all counts imo!

Stop f**king about Daniel! If it takes a couple of million more and another 10 grand a week to stop this boy going to Wolfsburg,

then pay-up!

Agree. Why do we seem to conduct our transfer business in public so often? Wish we'd keep it behind close doors then announce once signed! Don't we learn from our mistakes of the past.