Spurs Web
Guest Borodin

Transfer Window News (Next One July 2017)

So we have lost out on batshuyi and even worse it looks as if Chelsea are going in for Kante, I think it's days like this that remind me that we will never be able to really compete with the best. I'm not even sure batshuyi will be a success but it just stinks that we have been linked with him for the last few months and he has waited patiently for us to go in for him yet it's Chelsea once again who have got him. I sincerely hope this Jansen signing now comes off. I think it's going to be a very competitive season and we are going to have to buy really quality to challenge. Levy is a cunt to be honest, I put money in that club season after season and he constantly fucks around when it comes to transfers. Chelsea make a bid and they accept it so the deal has taken no time at all. Klopp puts a bid in for mane and 2 days later he is signed, we bid for Jansen what seams like 3 years ago and we are still haggling. Times like this make me believe we are at times a small minded shit club.

I hear you Jonsey. I can't agree with the 'shit' bit but suspect that was just frustration. I have been supportive and proud even,

of us/Levy under his stewardship. By that I mean, we/he did not recklessly throw money in attempting to buy success.

Although you could argue the 80-90 million Bale money he sanctioned, might have made him revert to type after over 50%

of it turned into failure.

Regardless, My point! I agree with you. We have built/worked towards the success we currently have achieved, plus the

potential, the foundations laid with all the astute management by Levy, is in danger of crumbling if he does not now appreciate

the level we are now competing at. The company we are now about to meet!

He managed to get us here on a (relatively speaking) shoe string, but if he is any kind of business man, he must realise to

stay here, the purse strings have to loosen for us to tighten our grip and remain!

Coys!

"Linked with him" is no the same as truly interested in him. We don't know if we actually made a move for him or not, or if it was all just smoke and mirrors, or flat made up by the media to sell print space. There were no reports of him visiting like Jansen.

Do not let the media determine what you think, my friend.

Also, I am readings you reports that Zidane wants Kante in Madrid. Do you think for a second that Chelsea will stand a chance if that is the case? Granted, I believe nothing until it is done and dusted but if true, it means that at the very least the price on Kante just went up. I, for one, want Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal paying as much as possible for each one of these guys. I love reports of Man Utd considering over 100 million for Pogba. :-)

Kante has a release clause my friend so the 20 million is what any club will probably pay. I for 1 do not let the media or anyone else determine my thoughts, I know the players that will improve our team/squad and batshuyi would be 1 of them.

And I wish we would pay 100 million for pogba, they guy has every quality needed to be a great player. I don't care how much the club spend in the same way the club don't care how much my endless season tickets cost along with the petrol money laid out every week.

I think the Batshuayi transfer shows exactly what anybody knows about what is happening in the transfer market, for weeks we've been reading we are going to signing, with scare stories of West Ham and Palace, in all those stories (fairytales) I've never seen Chelski mentioned, yet they sign him. We need to face the fact that anything you read on the net or media are just rumours with little or no facts to back them other than "a source". It's interesting to see them at this time of the year as there is no other Spurs news, but not something we should get upset about or presume the club are not working on something.

Reading on ESPN this morning Janssen has made it know to AZ that he wants to move to Spurs and is frustrated, not with Spurs but with AZ, over the delays. The player says AZ is to blame for it not having happened yet, they don't even want to negotiate. 

I read the stumbling block on the Jannsen deal, is once again DL wanting him on the tick!

3 payments over 3 years! If this is correct? Then once again Levy does not appreciate where we are now and is still

wanting Poch/us to rule domestically and Europe, yet acting like a bargin basement club!

It does not equate Daniel!!

I read the stumbling block on the Jannsen deal, is once again DL wanting him on the tick!

3 payments over 3 years! If this is correct? Then once again Levy does not appreciate where we are now and is still

wanting Poch/us to rule domestically and Europe, yet acting like a bargin basement club!

It does not equate Daniel!!

Doesn't every club pay in instalments?

Yes and no ,,,on instalments ,,,levy demanded the money upfront for berbatov when he moved to man Utd,,,and got the 30 million in one payment,,when players leave Spurs levy wants the cash upfront,,or with bale it's payments of 26.5 million ,,would have thought levy might willing to pay 11.5 upfront and the rest in 3 payments,,,I hope lol

Can any of the many posters who backed Poch up when he erroneously failed to strengthen the squad in Jan confirm their comments that top flight footballers would be queueing up to join an up and coming world class manager,young and motivated squad, champion league football and a team that would consolidate its top 4 place in the premiership.

Psst!! How many secret deals do you think are being conducted at this time??? Our transfer policy??? Appears to be depressingly similar to previous years, so far!!!

If we don't get what we need we will get what Mr Levy gives us!!!!

Can any of the many posters who backed Poch up when he erroneously failed to strengthen the squad in Jan confirm their comments that top flight footballers would be queueing up to join an up and coming world class manager,young and motivated squad, champion league football and a team that would consolidate its top 4 place in the premiership.

Psst!! How many secret deals do you think are being conducted at this time??? Our transfer policy??? Appears to be depressingly similar to previous years, so far!!!

Perfectly said Asc, I can remember reading several poster putting exactly that. I think the both of us have always thought along the same lines. And your spot on we will get what levy gives us and poch will not publicly say anything except if he eventually loses his job which if we fail to improve on last seasons efforts I am sure he will. It beggars belief that levy sanctioned 22 million to buy son yet he won't go to 16 to buy Jansen. It's a bizarre bit of business.

Doesn't every club pay in instalments?

Quite possibly, but surely if you want a player and that player wants to come and the selling club are willing to sell,

then offering 16-17 mill over 3 years could well be deemed as a bit of a p*ss-take. At this ratio Chelsea are offering

5+ million a year for Batsuhyai over the next 6 years?

I,m not sure about anyone else Asc3 man, but I know my thoughts were that young, hungry potential talents being spoken

about by those in the game, would certainly consider Poch and the Champions League Club, that is us! I still believe that

and for me Wanyama and Jannsen are 2 very good examples of that, but ultimately it's DL who has to get his wallet out, not Poch!

Coys!

When I was young, football was the working man's sport played by working men. Considered their normal job they got a normal working man's wages. Today if I was to come down to watch an EPL game at WH even in the cheapest seats I would be lucky to see any change out of £100 by the time I'd paid to get there, to get on and had a bite to eat. A huge amount out of my weekly disposable income. Those I watch on the pitch will get more in a months wages than I earned in a lifetime of work. If the match was as poor as England's last performance - tough - I'd have wasted what would have been a large sum of money to me, but for those on the pitch, they would drive to their mansions in their expensive motors and carry on living their life of luxury. Some 25 years ago I vowed I would never buy another shirt or pay to go through the turn styles. Now, with Levy apparently totally ignoring the wishes of the loyal fans who follow Spurs through thick and thin, seemingly is not pushing for success when, for the first timein decades, we have got ourselves in a position to challenge for major honours. I find this downright disrespectful. It upsets me to the point where I wonder why I continue to follow the sport I love. Especially after the depressingly pathetic display of England who,as I have lived in England for decades now, I support after Ireland, has left me totally fed up. We who follow the game can do nothing and continue to get shafted by the establishment who have allowed the game to get to this state of affairs. Sorry folks but I'm struggling not to get depressed with the whole thing.

suppose

I,m not sure about anyone else Asc3 man, but I know my thoughts were that young, hungry potential talents being spoken

about by those in the game, would certainly consider Poch and the Champions League Club, that is us! I still believe that

and for me Wanyama and Jannsen are 2 very good examples of that, but ultimately it's DL who has to get his wallet out, not Poch!

Coys!

Royce 71 let us both hope that C Palace and Stoke don't beat us to the talent available. Or any of the other clubs determined to gamble their Sky money on improving/consolidating their league position.

Whilst I sound the pessimist l know behind the scenes it is being sorted!!!!

1. The club tried to bring in players that fit what we are building here in Jan. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean it wasn't tried. I still say we were wise not to overpay for Berahino at that point. We had a price agreed to for Dembele as well but we needed him this spring and so did Craven Cottage. I think I would have done the deal even with the loan back but there is a reason I work in IT and I'm not managing a PL team.

2. We know who the media thinks we should be chasing. We do no know who the club has actually targeted, other than Wanyama and Janssen. Just because guys the media thought would be a awesome fit at the Lane are going elsewhere doesn't mean the club ever thought they were going to be a good fit here.

3. Poch has said many times that this last year happened "ahead of schedule". I doubt very seriously he has moved up the time table on play acquisition just because the current group surprised us all. Lots of fans are looking for 6 or 7 new faces but I don't think that is part of the plan. Remember the last time we brought in 6 new guys.... How did that work out for us?

I agree with James about how the game has changed, it's got more professional and is now a big business. Top footballers were always paid better than the normal working man but not to the level they are now and I don't think there is a current player I would like to have a chat and a drink with. We all go to work for the money but when it get to the obscene levels it has now become it has changed the game and the people in it to a different world that most of us live in. There is little sportsmanship and the clubs exploit the loyalty of the fans. I get a better day out at my local non league club and rugby club, where the players and fans mix and seem to enjoy the event whatever the score.

Royce 71 let us both hope that C Palace and Stoke don't beat us to the talent available. Or any of the other clubs determined to gamble their Sky money on improving/consolidating their league position.

Whilst I sound the pessimist l know behind the scenes it is being sorted!!!!

I,m not disagreeing with you Asc3, and I know you are not suggesting I am! My point is ultimately it's down to Levy and the

frustration that this tight-fisted cu....stomer, needs to appreciate were Poch is taking us and back him.

Coys!

Guest Borodin

Janssen latest :

Dutch striker Vincent Janssen says he is frustrated with AZ Alkmaar for turning down a £15m bid from Tottenham for his transfer. "I have expressed my choice at the club," he said on Thursday. "Tottenham Hotspur have made a high bid in my eyes. There has been an offer around €18m (£14.9m), but AZ will not even come to the table. "I would like somewhere else as soon as possible to start my preparation. This is frustrating. "Ultimately I hope to shake people's hands here and walk out of the door on good terms."

So maybe we are not too far away from clinching this deal....surely not even Levy can cock this one up

Perfectly said Asc, I can remember reading several poster putting exactly that. I think the both of us have always thought along the same lines. And your spot on we will get what levy gives us and poch will not publicly say anything except if he eventually loses his job which if we fail to improve on last seasons efforts I am sure he will. It beggars belief that levy sanctioned 22 million to buy son yet he won't go to 16 to buy Jansen. It's a bizarre bit of business.

Son for 22m was a marketing signing sell shirts for a couple of seasons pays back some of the fees then sell him off.

15m for Janssen is a great deal for us he's 21 and only going to improve we must act on it and get it over the line ASAP then move onto another striker we need 3 at the club I wouldn't of minded dembele but must be a reason we didn't go back in for him

In my opinnion, we are too hesitantly. I personally talked to Batshuayi 2 seasons ago and I know we were in talks. He was a bargain and not first choice as a striker. Cause Marseille had giniac playing in this position. Marseille needs money and chelshit is still a prestige club. Our fault was we have been waiting too long!

Not sure if this already been mentioned, but apparently the hold up with Jannsen is the fee, because the fee has

been set by Billy Bean, the money ball guy from America using obviously his system!

Do Spurs have a Public Relations department???

With Spurs totally dismal record in transfer windows where they show interest in players,get to discussion stage and then hand it over to clubs better able to make decisions can't we at least employ PR who are able to keep us updated without jeapordising deals,confidentiality etc etc.

Dembele,Berahino,Jannsen and others. Surely we could at least be efficient in informing the fans of who and why we missed out on ????.