Spurs Web
Guest Borodin

Transfer Window News (Next One July 2017)

Guest Borodin

Wolfsburg want to bring back Tottenham's Heung-Min Son to the Bundesliga.The 24-year-old Korean forward only joined Spurs from Bayer Leverkusen last summer, signing a five-year deal.Son would be expected to cost around £17million, although according to Sky Germany, they are not the only club interested in signing him.Son played 40 times for Mauricio Pochettino’s side last season, scoring eight goals, but nearly half of those appearances saw him come off the bench.He was present for the first four weeks of  pre-season with Tottenham but then went to Rio to represent South Korea at the Olympics, meaning he is yet to play for Spurs this season.

At £17m I wouldn't have a problem with him leaving at all.....

Wolfsburg want to bring back Tottenham's Heung-Min Son to the Bundesliga.The 24-year-old Korean forward only joined Spurs from Bayer Leverkusen last summer, signing a five-year deal.Son would be expected to cost around £17million, although according to Sky Germany, they are not the only club interested in signing him.Son played 40 times for Mauricio Pochettino’s side last season, scoring eight goals, but nearly half of those appearances saw him come off the bench.He was present for the first four weeks of pre-season with Tottenham but then went to Rio to represent South Korea at the Olympics, meaning he is yet to play for Spurs this season.

At £17m I wouldn't have a problem with him leaving at all.....

I said the same about Lamela last year...

Give Son another year.

If we sell him, who can get? There isn't much time left in the transfer window.

I would sell if the player doesn't want to fight for playing time or he is struggling to settle in England.

I said the same about Lamela last year...

Give Son another year.

If we sell him, who can get? There isn't much time left in the transfer window.

I would sell if the player doesn't want to fight for playing time or he is struggling to settle in England.

Poch should watch Match of the Day. There are dozens of players that could fit into the Spurs Squad. BUT you have to identify players,have some understanding of whether they may be tempted to join an up and coming Champions League team ( which I believe is important to the money hungry mercenaries).

I am constantly amazed that we appear to be caught short and don't seem to have a solid plan. sales always seem to go well but I wonder if some of these will come back to haunt us as future big buys.

Poch has been given a new contract and big bucks but he has to have the cajones and organisation to fight Mr Levy and through our transfer policy elevate this team into the permanent top 4 in the premier league.

Still got a week left and even if we get the French holidaymaker.... It ain't enough!!!!!

We've been lucky with long term injuries God forbid we lose a central,essential player!!!

Guest Borodin

594389714.jpg?w=748&h=457&crop=1

DeAndre Yedlin spotted at Newcastle tonight....transfer imminent ??

Newcastle are set to sign Tottenham right-back DeAndre Yedlin, according to Sky sources.The 23-year-old is in Newcastle for a medical ahead of a permanent move away from White Hart Lane, after a deal was agreed between the clubs.

Guest Borodin

Newcastle could turn out to be most helpful for Spurs...here's another rumour :

Tottenham eye transfer swap deal for Newcastle's Moussa Sissoko using Nabil Bentaleb as part-payment.Spurs have rejected a Schalke bid for misfit midfielder they value at £15m

but know the relegated Geordies rate him too.Will Newcastle agree to sell £30m-rated Sissoko (left) for Bentaleb plus cash?

Tottenham are considering using Nabil Bentaleb as a makeweight in their attempts to land Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko.The relegated Geordies are keen on 21-year-old midfielder Bentaleb,

whose Spurs career is all but over after he asked to leave.The Algerian is training with the Londoners' Under-21s as he waits for an escape route to appear.Spurs have turned down a £10million

offer from Schalke for Bentaleb, as they value the player at £15m.He could now be used as a bargaining chip to try to reduce what Tottenham would have to offer for Sissoko.

Would Sissoko be a good signing for Spurs ??

Anyone know much about this Barca kid Munir that were heavily linked with?

Is the swap deal for French guy ever going to happen? It's turning out to be longest transfer in history.

I wouldn't sell Mason or any others (except Bentaleb who's clearly not part of our plans) unless better replacements are linked up to come in. We need a strong & settled squad for the long & hopefully successful season ahead!

Chadli,Mason,Bentaleb and whoever else who has gone or is going. Maybe not Top players but contributed to the team or squad in some fashion.

I shouldn't have to doubt our transfer policy but "it do seem a bit lopsided to this simple soul".

A week to go..... Believe in Mr Levy!!!!!

Joke of the day - Levy! According to the press another suggested player of my list is linked with us. Its two seasons ago, when I strongly recommanded calhanoglu from Leverkusen. Why will this never happen, its once more the fault of our chairman who do his best with the Son deal to prevent future deals with the german club. Völler will make sure that Leverkusen will not make any buisness on players with Tottenham. Similar to the Dier causa and sporting lisbon! We won't see any players coming from lisbon! No cedric, no slimani and no silvas! Levy is a twat in accordance to our transfer policy! And a shame if we wont make it top 5!

With Yedlin gone I hope that Walker-Peters or Anton Walkes is ready to compete with Trippier.

I won't pay too much for Sissoko if NUFC is firm on the price. He is not a goalscorer.

Joke of the day - Levy! According to the press another suggested player of my list is linked with us. Its two seasons ago, when I strongly recommanded calhanoglu from Leverkusen. Why will this never happen, its once more the fault of our chairman who do his best with the Son deal to prevent future deals with the german club. Völler will make sure that Leverkusen will not make any buisness on players with Tottenham. Similar to the Dier causa and sporting lisbon! We won't see any players coming from lisbon! No cedric, no slimani and no silvas! Levy is a twat in accordance to our transfer policy! And a shame if we wont make it top 5!

We had problems with leverkusen? We paid 22mil for someone I believe was not worth 22mil. Also, to my knowledge the only person unhappy about that was calhanoglu

Are we bidding 15m for Zaha? I doubt CP will sell.

I think Tom Ince is probably an option if we are looking a winger. Although Ince didn't play in PL he does score many goals for the clubs he played.

3 hours ago, TC1000 said:

Are we bidding 15m for Zaha? I doubt CP will sell.

I think Tom Ince is probably an option if we are looking a winger. Although Ince didn't play in PL he does score many goals for the clubs he played.

Both are not the quality of players we should be looking at. We should be looking at players good enough to play in the top 4 or the CL. Not a mid table premier league team.

Looks like Mason is the next player to leave. We got 3-4 senior players off the wage bill. Not sure if Carroll and Chadli stay but I think there is room for 4 new signings.

17 minutes ago, TC1000 said:

Looks like Mason is the next player to leave. We got 3-4 senior players off the wage bill. Not sure if Carroll and Chadli stay but I think there is room for 4 new signings.

Looking like Carroll might follow him out the door too. Reading where Swansea and Derby County are both interested in him.

son might be of to wolfsburg,,if they can settle on a money deal,,or a swap deal ???for schurrle,,,and antoe coric has rejected a move to man city,,could be a good buy for us very much like modric as a player !!!

Schurrle is already sold to Dortmund. I probably won't sell Son to Wolfsburg but I think Bas Dost is an option as we need a 3rd striker. I expect our team to score good share of goals from set pieces and corners. A 6'5 striker like Dost is like Peter Crouch. He got the height average over most players.

Not long left before the window closes and we've only made 2 official signings. We desperately need pace on this wings and creativity in the middle. The liverpool game was proof of that. We also need someone to control the midfield. Without dembele, we're just giving away possession. We need to bring in someone who can do that for us when dembele is out. A LOT of work to be done. Not much time.

n'konudu should sign soon has been training with the Spurs squad ,,,I like this rumour Isco from Madrid on loan ,,,quality playmaker and goal scorer,,,that would push ericksen onto the bench he was pants yesterday I wouldn't give him a zero hours contract asc,,let alone 39hrs a week 

I know everyone hates a smart arsearse But I have stated repeatedly that our unwillingness,lack of intent or ambition in the last January transfer window would cost us dear in trying to make Top 4 this season.

my point was and still is we would not be able to purchase the 5 quality players needed in this Summer Transfer Window. This is now made worse by the proposed sale of squad players that will be needed before season end. 

I am aware that academy players will HAVE to be used, which is admirable but not at the risk of dropping  back into the pack for the next ??? Years.

all this last minute transfer talk may bear fruit in the last 3 days but as Spurs usual we never treat  transfer windows in a professional manner. Still perhaps we cannot afford to be a Top 4 club and should accept a financially sound 5-8 placed club is better than a premiership yo-yo club.