Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Salopspur

Cruyff

Guest Borodin

Iconic footballer who quite literally 'turned' a sport into an art form with his style of play. We will never see his like again because his talent revolutionised the game whereas now the likes of Ronaldo and Messi simply grace it. He created the blueprint of the 'modern' game and for that we are eternally indebted to him.

RIP

(Very rarely there are advantages to being that little bit older...having been alive when this man was at his footballing peak is one of them)

Guest Borodin

I love this quote by the great man :

"I don't believe in God. In Spain, all 22 players cross themselves. If it works, the game is always going to be a tie."

Guest Borodin

What struck me most about him,apart from the skill and pace,was his balance. All the greats have possessed this. Best,Maradona,Messi

I agree my friend but to me what singles out the really great players is how much time they seem to have on the ball before they have to decide what to do with it..Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer were two such examples..Cruyff however, appeared to have hours at his disposal....another of my heroes gone.

The Summer of 1974. ( 13) I,d gone away on holiday with a pale and his family. When I got back/home,

my mum had been to Radio Rentals and rented a colour tv, so I could watch The World Cup Final between

Germany and Holland in colour!

The player in Orange, wearing 14 mesmerized me! Albeit he was on the losing side that day, his

performance justified and reassured me, that it was ok, to be so passionate about the game of football.

Thank you Johan. RIP