Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Neil

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Southampton

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Spurs vs Southampton

Poch should rotate the players in. It's probably wrong to put Njie. He made no impact at all. We look tired in the last 30 minutes.

We started the game well then we can't seem to pick up the tempo after first 30 min.

Southampton close down the left side. Walker got space on the right but he is not a threat. Why not get Trippier on.

We are not getting the ball behind their defense. We should bring Carroll on.

Guest Borodin

If Arsenal win today they have as good as got 73 pts as you may aswel give them the 3 points now as Villa have zero chance of winning.

Knowing the way things are going at the moment the Aston Villa squad will appear on Match of the Day and declare their love for Arsenal and hatred of Spurs. Then with us on 73pts after beating Newcastle, Villa will lose to the shite 16 - 0 and they'll pip us to second on goal difference....This is meant as a joke and should not be construed in any way as negative !!!!!  COYS

We badly missed Dembele and Alli today.

If ever players needed a reason to be made aware of what suspensions can do,not only to to this game but our whole season.then this was it.

I'm not saying don't get stuck in,,I like players with a bit of an edge to them,but be aware you can't get away with things these days.

They need to be smarter than the other dirty bastards.

We needed to make substitutions earlier,we were very poor in the final 3rd

Today was a very poor effort.  Uncharacteristic of this team to say the least.  Dembélé is such an important part of this team as is Alli.  Kane looked off today, desperate to score for the Golden Boot.  Lloris should have held that first goal and the second was frozen in time...a poor day.  Once again dropping points from a leading position which worries me.  I fear the motivation has all but vanished.  They are already on holiday. 

Leicester managed without Vardy for two games and Huth, Drinkwater this weekend! Champions of England, good squad and good mentality.

Citys lead lasted a long time. I hate having to rely on others.

An utter stinker of a performance from most of our team today.

Lloris should have stopped both their goals, Toby and Jan were all over the place, Rose made errors, Mason just kept giving it away, Lamela worked hard but made poor decisions, Kane was greedy and looked desperate to score.

Plenty of possession with very few moments of quality, no real attacking threat. Our fans at WHL deserved better in our last home game.

It's still in our hands though. We need to put this travesty behind us and secure 2nd spot vs Newcastle.

We badly missed Dembele and Alli today.

If ever players needed a reason to be made aware of what suspensions can do,not only to to this game but our whole season.then this was it.

I'm not saying don't get stuck in,,I like players with a bit of an edge to them,but be aware you can't get away with things these days.

They need to be smarter than the other dirty bastards.

We needed to make substitutions earlier,we were very poor in the final 3rd

And bring on who exactly? There is more meat in a vegan anorexics fridge.

Just got home and I'm going to try and be diplomatic but it's gonna be hard, firstly poch we all told you how weak the squad was in January, you didn't strengthen it, YOU YOU YOU didn't strengthen it. YOUR REASON we have a brilliant young squad who can all rotate in different situations leaving us thread bare in centre midfield and up front. I'm not going to go on about missing moussa and deli who both have let the club down badly with their pathetic petulance but let this very poor last 3 games show all at the club and all that were in the crowd today we are way off winning titles, we now have to buy the 3 players ready to replace the weak links in our team. We need to build a much stronger squad to continue progress.

I have been to every single game home and away this season so I will back my judgement on performances, poch performance today stank, not once was he off his seat encouraging or fucking into the shower of shit we paid to watch today. He sat their whilst all around him dreamt about the euros or their holidays.

I said after the Chelsea game why wait till that match for the team and management to show their fighting spirit when they left it at home when we played west brom, well where was it today?

Every single player today played without a care in the world apart from Lamela who worked hard but is shit. Hugo cost us 2 points against west brom and 2 points today, if that was Gomes we would of gone berserk at him. Kane was nothing but a golden boot hungry selfish fuck who should of been taken off if only we had a replacement. I could go on but I think I've made my point. Don't anyone dare come back at me and say we are gonna finish 2nd we had a great season because I don't give a fuck. When you travel thousands of miles supporting your team you expect them to fucking try. I don't believe for a minute we will beat Newcastle so there is no guarantee we will finish above the scum and let's remember this is the best Spurs team since 60/61 and the worst Arsenal team for decades, yet they could still finish above us or even if they don't do you honestly think we are better than them or any of the other top 4? I said I would be diplomatic but fuck it I can't, I have to mbuch passion and anger right now, we fucked up and the players should hang their over paid fucking heads in shame for the last 3 miserable performances.

Just got home and I'm going to try and be diplomatic but it's gonna be hard, firstly poch we all told you how weak the squad was in January, you didn't strengthen it, YOU YOU YOU didn't strengthen it. YOUR REASON we have a brilliant young squad who can all rotate in different situations leaving us thread bare in centre midfield and up front. I'm not going to go on about missing moussa and deli who both have let the club down badly with their pathetic petulance but let this very poor last 3 games show all at the club and all that were in the crowd today we are way off winning titles, we now have to buy the 3 players ready to replace the weak links in our team. We need to build a much stronger squad to continue progress.

I have been to every single game home and away this season so I will back my judgement on performances, poch performance today stank, not once was he off his seat encouraging or fucking into the shower of shit we paid to watch today. He sat their whilst all around him dreamt about the euros or their holidays.

I said after the Chelsea game why wait till that match for the team and management to show their fighting spirit when they left it at home when we played west brom, well where was it today?

Every single player today played without a care in the world apart from Lamela who worked hard but is shit. Hugo cost us 2 points against west brom and 2 points today, if that was Gomes we would of gone berserk at him. Kane was nothing but a golden boot hungry selfish fuck who should of been taken off if only we had a replacement. I could go on but I think I've made my point. Don't anyone dare come back at me and say we are gonna finish 2nd we had a great season because I don't give a fuck. When you travel thousands of miles supporting your team you expect them to fucking try. I don't believe for a minute we will beat Newcastle so there is no guarantee we will finish above the scum and let's remember this is the best Spurs team since 60/61 and the worst Arsenal team for decades, yet they could still finish above us or even if they don't do you honestly think we are better than them or any of the other top 4? I said I would be diplomatic but fuck it I can't, I have to much passion and anger right now, we fucked up and the players should hang their over paid tucking heads in shame for the last 3 miserable performances.

^^

Can't put a valid argument against to be honest.Theyve done my head in today. Beer and lots of it.

Guest Borodin

Gutted about today win at home get 2nd place have a party .... Spurs lose at home and now have to get a win at Newcastle !!!

Fucking angry doesn't come close to how I'm feeling today

No need to win...a draw will do us and we finish second on goal difference,

Guest Borodin

Every single player today played without a care in the world apart from Lamela who worked hard but is shit. Hugo cost us 2 points against west brom and 2 points today, if that was Gomes we would of gone berserk at him. Kane was nothing but a golden boot hungry selfish fuck who should of been taken off if only we had a replacement. I could go on but I think I've made my point. Don't anyone dare come back at me and say we are gonna finish 2nd we had a great season because I don't give a fuck. When you travel thousands of miles supporting your team you expect them to fucking try. I don't believe for a minute we will beat Newcastle so there is no guarantee we will finish above the scum and let's remember this is the best Spurs team since 60/61 and the worst Arsenal team for decades, yet they could still finish above us or even if they don't do you honestly think we are better than them or any of the other top 4? I said I would be diplomatic but fuck it I can't, I have to mbuch passion and anger right now, we fucked up and the players should hang their over paid fucking heads in shame for the last 3 miserable performances.

That was from the heart I know...and I totally agree. The fans deserve better.

If sunderland will beat everton, fat zebras will be relegated, meaning we should take a point against them. Else, newcastle will die for a win.

My point since January was not only did we need to strengthen for the off chance of challenging for Top spot (Leicester should have imploded). But more importantly settling in the new players before next Summer when we almost certainly need a few more players to lift us up into the permanent Top 4 club.

Posters on here have amazed me with their in depth technical,tactical know how which far surpasses my football knowledge. To me you get a good player,play him in his position and expect a good performance in most games. I will however take credit for being one of the first and most consistent advocate of a strong on/off field Captain.

We have too many players 6/7 who are good premiership players who will keep us in the top 6 of the premiership. Next season the top 5 may recover their form and apparently so much money sloshing around the premiership will allow the mid table teams to aim for top 10. Anyone who thinks next season is going to be easy is deluded.

This has been a good season and in recent games when we have been 2-0 up I actually believed we could win the game so that is progress.

IF we are to do wonderful things next season.PLEASE do it from game one so I can enjoy the season.

Garyjones. Respect for your supporting efforts and please keep posting. You say so much I feel but in less of a negative way.

Surely I'm not the only one who can see our fullbacks are toilet. What's the point of overlapping and 1. Deliver a tosh cross or 2. Stop turn back to goal and pass back to the centre back. Don't get me started on the merits of their defending. I think I saw Walker driving through the midfield from his position like he was Ruudi fucking Kroll. Fuck him off

My point since January was not only did we need to strengthen for the off chance of challenging for Top spot (Leicester should have imploded). But more importantly settling in the new players before next Summer when we almost certainly need a few more players to lift us up into the permanent Top 4 club.

Posters on here have amazed me with their in depth technical,tactical know how which far surpasses my football knowledge. To me you get a good player,play him in his position and expect a good performance in most games. I will however take credit for being one of the first and most consistent advocate of a strong on/off field Captain.

We have too many players 6/7 who are good premiership players who will keep us in the top 6 of the premiership. Next season the top 5 may recover their form and apparently so much money sloshing around the premiership will allow the mid table teams to aim for top 10. Anyone who thinks next season is going to be easy is deluded.

This has been a good season and in recent games when we have been 2-0 up I actually believed we could win the game so that is progress.

IF we are to do wonderful things next season.PLEASE do it from game one so I can enjoy the season.

Garyjones. Respect for your supporting efforts and please keep posting. You say so much I feel but in less of a negative way.

I tend to agree with your posts Asc and I totally agree with the on/off field captain, tell me what would John terry have said to azpilcueta if he had fucked around with the ball like rose did in the area? Hugo ain't a captain, there is no leader in our team. Look at Dier he is a decent young lad but he's a fucking mong, walks around the pitch with his head down like he's backwards. Poch is no screamer either, he gets his point across in a calm diplomatic way which wasn't what we needed today. I live in Norwich so every game for me is a fucking trauma I don't believe there is another supporter in the world that love this club more than me, I genuinely get broken when we lose, fuck do I get angry but I still try my best to get my point across calmly but I know you'll agree when you witness a performance like we have the last 3 games, that 2 hour drive is fucking hard so it gives me time to think about things. You know I never liked poch but I don't see a better man for this club at this time but I do wish he would be more of a simeone. On the touch line at all times fucking into players. Your correct to if we don't buy 3 players to play not sit on the bench then we will revert back to our normal position outside the top 4. I do still believe that we have potential and this could be an exiting time but this summer must be the summer when we get our targets in immediately so we have a proper pre season ready for a very fast start. Mason is obviously only a division 1 player, we know he has to go, Lamela should only be a squad player and eriksen needs to be rested more often as does Harry. We also need a seriously solid centre midfielder who can take the armband of Hugo. I'm travelling to Newcastle next week for around trip of 10 hours, I hope they show a response worthy of the white shirt.

Surely I'm not the only one who can see our fullbacks are toilet. What's the point of overlapping and 1. Deliver a tosh cross or 2. Stop turn back to goal and pass back to the centre back. Don't get me started on the Erith of their defending. I think I saw Walker driving through the midfield from his position like he was Ruudi fucking Kroll. Fuck him off

At last. I thought I was the only one who seen the inconsistency in Kyle and Danny. Just because Woy picks them has not made them better players. However I have to say Poch had made them better in the last few months, will it continue???

Guest Borodin

Undoubtedly our superb away form has greatly contributed to where we are....18 played...9 won...7 drawn and 2 lost and everyone can see that at home P19 W10 D6 L3 is where we let ourselves down. I only hope this continues at Newcastle and we keep second spot. In my head 2nd or 3rd doesn't matter one bit but the thought of seeing Woolwich finish above us yet again would be like a dagger through my heart. Home form needs to improve...The Lane needs to become a fortress where teams do not fight back for a draw or a suprise win once we go ahead. We have the worst record in the Premiership for throwing away a lead so an early goal is no deterrent to the opposition...that needs to change. Once we have broken the deadlock the pressure must be maintained and more goals scored.

The smaller squad was our un doing this season roycey, to some it up we brought on mason for son last night, Chelsea brought on hazard who turned the game. I was gutted last night, I knew we wouldn't win and a draw was the best I expected even when we went 2 up and it proved that we don't have the depth in our squad but I am sure poch and levy know this and will strengthen in key areas. We have to if we want to challenge next year. I'm never one for stats, I see the game how I see it and have done since I first went to the lane. I judge performances on every game and I see them all live then I watch them again when I get home. Last night Toby had his worst game and walker was a disaster but the rest of the lads played well but we just do not have enough in the last third to put the top teams to bed. We need real proven quality, mane as I've said would suit our project perfectly, swap him for Lamela, we need wanyama to because when moussa doesn't play we are not the same side. I would love to see Harry playing behind lukaku in the floating number 10 role. I will never ever get your interest in berahino, the lad has done nothing to suggest he deserves to start for w brom let alone us, it will be an exiting summer to see who Paul and poch have been scouting. For once I do firmly believe we will buy and we will be stronger next season, I endured watching Leicester celebrating just now and it made me gutted, I would use that as the incentive to motivate the team, 1 last thought, did you agree with our young squad losing their head or were you like me screaming for discipline so badly when we needed it most? They scored and we had about 15 mins left to launch several last ditch attacks but we were petulant and lost our heads including our manager. Some would say that we were fighting, some would say it proved how much we wanted to win, I would say why not look that interested against west brom the Monday before and where was the discipline we needed when it mattered most?

I can't disagree with to much of what you say Jonsey. All I,ll add is we are now a season older and wiser and Poch's blueprint

imo opinion will see us challenging for many a season to come, as long as Lewis and Levy believe in it too!

Lukaku, Mane, of course, come on down! Kante, Wanyama likewise. As for Berahino, for me under Poch and along side Harry,

he would excel. An interesting Summer. I would not lose any sleep, should we 'move on' the likes of Mason, Chadli and Lamela.

Plus an elder statesman!

Here is someone from left-field............

Out of favour Thomas Muller!!! Discuss!

Coys!