Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
daft yank

Lloris' contract

Did Lloris reject our offer over money(nice job Daniel)? Is he out of here or do we have room to counter offer? Would anyone think Tim Krull would be a good choice, not necessarily to be Hugo's replacement automatically, but to vie for the position? Newcastle seem a place to go shopping, what with being relegated, and since no "real stars" are wanting to sign with Levy or play at Spurs we may need to recycle some older talent? I've got to think bringing young players up from our youth academy will not always suffice.

Did Lloris reject our offer over money(nice job Daniel)? Is he out of here or do we have room to counter offer? Would anyone think Tim Krull would be a good choice, not necessarily to be Hugo's replacement automatically, but to vie for the position? Newcastle seem a place to go shopping, what with being relegated, and since no "real stars" are wanting to sign with Levy or play at Spurs we may need to recycle some older talent? I've got to think bringing young players up from our youth academy will not always suffice.

sounds as though he is keen to stay according to the media

If hugo does leave, ideally I would like to have jack butland or jasper cillessen as the replacement

If hugo does leave, ideally I would like to have jack butland or jasper cillessen as the replacement

Butland is pretty decent and probably wouldn't break the bank. However, current opinion on this forum is that we need to buy better quality than those already here. One to be kept in mind but not necessarily first choice.

Guest Borodin

If Hugo Lloris leaves this club then there is something fundamentally wrong at the heart of it. Whilst I have never liked him trying to captain the side from 'between the sticks' I regard him as one of the cornerstones of this Spurs revolution. We shouldn't be discussing his possible replacement but ensuring he remains in the squad. We certainly will not find better than him so why force ourselves into having to look ?. We need to improve contracts with our star players so that they don't need to consider moving and then bring in more class acts so that the likes of Hugo, Harry, Deli etc etc realise that everyone at Tottenham is fully committed to a Premiership Title challenge next season together with a long run in the Champions League. We need to consolidate, strengthen and then bring some form of silverware back to the club to show that progress is being made from the high standards set last year.

Hugo stays....end of !!   COYS

Agree he wasn't as good the back end of the year should have done better on a few occasions, still one of the best in the world and I like the stand he has made. Improve my wages on par with other top keepers and bring in proper talent or I'm gonna consider moving on.

It's up to levy if lloris goes or not, think eriksen is making a similar stand.

Have I missed something? Yeah you read the mirror ha ha. Nothing's official yet mate, I imagine the club will announce when contracts have been signed.

Yeah, I realise that, but thought something more had been revealed. Thanks.

By the way, I didn't buy and read the mirror, I just saw it on a THFC facebook page.

By the way, I didn't buy and read the mirror, I just saw it on a THFC facebook page.

You got out of that nicely.

I'm of the opinion,that yes by all means ask for a pay rise but do so in the proper manner.

Why make this public,if it's going to cause unrest then I don't care how important they are to the team,do a Ferguson and move them on.

These players are becoming Prima Donas,I agree he's an exceptional goalkeeper but team harmony is more important

I'm of the opinion,that yes by all means ask for a pay rise but do so in the proper manner.

Why make this public,if it's going to cause unrest then I don't care how important they are to the team,do a Ferguson and move them on.

These players are becoming Prima Donas,I agree he's an exceptional goalkeeper but team harmony is more important

The real corrosive problem to football is that there is too much money swishing around. Footballers and agents are, after all, human. Flash all that money around and greed becomes uncontrollable. The top footballers and their agents are rich beyond measure. None need more but human nature being what it is and at the slightest encouragement they cannot stop them selves for grasping for more. Easy to criticise but I often wonder if those of us who criticise would be any different if we were in the same position. The answer to the problem is almost insoluble. I had a spell when I took myself away from all football. It didn't stop it. The only one who sufferred was me. It was like having a leg amputated so I came back. I don't like how unfair and uneven the game has become but can do nothing about it. I no longer pay to watch or buy kit so at least I'm not putting money into it. So I just follow it now. The one thing they can't spoil for me is this forum. I get a lot of enjoyment by mixing and chatting with the ordinary football fans. I feel I am amongst friends who have the same outlook on life without being greedy and grasping. We are the ones who keep these guys living in the lap of immoral luxury. It is such a pity they don't appreciate the financial sacrifices we make for them and put themselves out for us. All that said, I will still follow football in general and Spurs in particular.

Jamesinashby,your on the wrong site my friend if you think your mixing and chatting with ordinary football fans.

We've got that Numpty from the south coast on here.

And he ain't Ordinary!!,!,!

Jamesinashby,your on the wrong site my friend if you think your mixing and chatting with ordinary football fans.

We've got that Numpty from the south coast on here.

And he ain't Ordinary!!,!,!

It is this type of banter that makes this site great. Keep it up.

I thought what you thought!!

Who says that Hugo made this public ? It's the scumbag tosspot journos who start all this crap. Don't blame Hugo !

Guest Borodin

Just saw on ESPN's Transfer Talk that our old friends Real Madrid might put up a bid of 35 million for Lloris since they can't get De Gea.

Just two things stand in their way....Spurs don't want to sell and hopefully Lloris won't want to go....losing him really would be a blow and I'm sure Tottenham will do everything to keep Hugo happy....