Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
ANewEra

Predictions for 2016/2017 season

The start of the new season is this weekend and with everyone making their own predictions as to who will finish where, I feel it's only right to ask the same here. Who do you think will finish in the top 6, where do you see us finishing?

Personally, even though many people are writing us off, I believe we have a good shot at finishing in the top 4. We have a solid first 11 and improved our squad depth. Unlike us, other teams have brought players in to make an instant impact and that may not work out as well for them since it brings added pressure to perform.

My personal predictions are:

Top 6:

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal (given they sign a centre back and striker, if not then 3rd and 4th switch)

4. Tottenham Hotspur

5. Manchester City

6. Liverpool

My record on predictions is abysmal!

For me to predict is like the commentstor's curse.

The one thing you can guarantee if I predict any thing is the opposite will happen.

Because of this unhappy knack of the opposite happening I better predict that we won't make the top four.

Guest Borodin

My record on predictions is abysmal!

For me to predict is like the commentstor's curse.

The one thing you can guarantee if I predict any thing is the opposite will happen.

Because of this unhappy knack of the opposite happening I better predict that we won't make the top four.

How about saying we will finish bottom of the league ??? I'd gladly settle for the direct opposite of that mate.

Guest Borodin

1 Man City

2 Man Utd

3 Tottenham  (and FA Cup Winners)

4 Chelsea

5 Arsenal

6 Liverpool

I agree with most people's choice of top 6, just my thought on them with no placements as I think it's very open (watch someone runaway with it)

Chelsea will benefit from not playing in europe as new manager will get more time on training ground, will be hard to beat

Liverpool like Chelsea no extra games, got a lot of pace, but still have dodgy defence, refs still let them get away with murder at home

City not going to be easy for Pep, got dodgy defence especially when Kompany not playing, but do have 4 match winners

United all depends on how new men fit in on paper and amount of money spent should win it, have to see how the egos get on, don't think they'll commit to EL

Tottenham Will find playing in CL and trying to stay in top 4 hard unless they get an other couple of players, will wind blowing through gap make it difficult in home games?

Woolwich Will always be there, but defence is a problem. Could be Mr Magoo's last season if he doesn't win league or CL

Others

Leicester will struggle with europe and teams sitting back

West Ham without Payet they are a mid table team playing long ball football

MC is a top 4 team if they keep Aguero and Silva healthy.

Arsenal will sign more players to stay competitive but they will focus on CL more.

LC did not change much and they will focus on league games.

Liverpool might go for a cup win.

MU won't get any easy game this season. Every team will try to beat Mourinho's MU.

Chelsea will be a disaster

We will also focus on league games. We will play CL games without any pressure.

1 MC

2 Spurs

3 Arsenal

4 LC

5 Liverpool

6 MU

7 West Ham

Man City won't win a title

Swansea, Soton or Stoke will be relegated

that's bold. City def will be up there. Swans will struggle without Williams that's for sure. If Stoke start where they left off then they will be in relegation dog fight. Soton will be mid table.

The glass half full....the cracks are beginning to show already!!!!

Mr Dele or Mr Alli doesn't know who he is!!!

Mr Eriksen was happy with 35K then played a mediocre season and wants to quad??? 4 times it.

Let's hope Harry doesn't get tired again!!!! Oh that's alright I have great expectations for Jannsen!

Last seasons team will struggle for 5th plus CL. Better find another couple of quality (not expensive) players before this window closes.

When we didn't buy in the Jan transfer window I predicted we could/would not buy the 5 quality players needed in time to start the season at a gallop.

Normal last minute panic buy coming up in the next 2 weeks!!!!!

1.Leicester(Form side)

2.Sunderland (Just survived last year. Its happened once)

3.Squatters.(Just pip the Mighty, after we loose 6-2 to an already relegated team.)

4.The Mighty Spurs.

5.Man Ure

6.Citeh

1.Leicester(Form side)

2.Sunderland (Just survived last year. Its happened once)

3.Squatters.(Just pip the Mighty, after we loose 6-2 to an already relegated team.)

4.The Mighty Spurs.

5.Man Ure

6.Citeh

I'm going to send you some of my tablets

I've decided that predictions are way beyond my abilities. Even probabilities are too hard for me to make a stab at. Anyway, when I make predictions and think a win may be probable, and it doesn't happen as I wanted, the disappointment seems stronger. So I've decided to stick with just hoping.

I hope we win today, I hope my fears that the opposition doing better than us this season is well wrong and I hope that the likes of Borodin and Royce 71 are far better at predicting than Asc 3 when it comes to our final position in league this season. lol

COYS

James i think Spurs last season flattered to deceive. IMO we have 5 first team players that are good enough for the premiership but not good enough for the Top 4 or Champions League.  I don't know about the players we have recruited. They don't excite me but other posters with more tactical know how than me seem to think they are what we need. I still worry that we did nor show any ambition to do better last January window and in the Summer transfer window it just seemed to lack professionalism.

i am not a Poch fan but have praised him on occasions he has displayed strong managerial skills but even this early in the season I am being bugged by doubts of his previous man management skills.

Son.     Not played enough.   N'jie    Not played enough.    Cost how much?  Townsend?  Dele and Lamela. Temperament?? Eriksen.  Attitude and Committment.  Verthonghen  Committment.    Harry.  Form and poss attitude.   Club Captain???  Where is the strong management we need???

All in all I have a feeling that a fantastic opportunity to progress has been missed and behind the scenes staff departures makes me think things are not right within the Club. Of course 6 or 7 Wins in the next 3 months and the world will be a wonderful place.