Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Neil

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Crystal Palace

Who will win?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Spurs vs Palace

First home game of the season, so I'd go with a more attacking line up (only one DM - Dier starting with Wanyama on the bench).

Vorm

Walker Toby Verts Rose

Dier 

Lamela   Dele   Eriksen

Kane Janssen

But I wouldn't be surprised to see us start with Dier and Wanyama with 1 up front.

Janssen looked good when he came on last week, so maybe Kane on the bench?

I like the attacking approach of Leroy 10, TV 1000 and GPK's team selections.

Though all slightly different, imo anyone of them is better than last weeks choice.

If we are to win, we must show we we are attack minded.

The starting XI has been posted. Janssen to get his first start for Spurs today.

Vorm, Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane and Janssen to start.

Alli, for me, was ineffective last week so I like this but I have to admit to being surprised Poch sat him down. I think the young man could do with some time on the bench as he often seems to me to think he has made it now. He has been missing the fire I saw mid year last season.

The starting XI has been posted. Janssen to get his first start for Spurs today.

Vorm, Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane and Janssen to start.

Alli, for me, was ineffective last week so I like this but I have to admit to being surprised Poch sat him down. I think the young man could do with some time on the bench as he often seems to me to think he has made it now. He has been missing the fire I saw mid year last season.

I'm liking the line up, and was thinking the same about Dele. Maybe his success last season and England friendlies went to his head.

Will be very surprised if he doesn't come on as sub today.

I know you guys who are more expert than I will dissect this game with points for and against.

For me there is only one important point. We did what we didn't do last season - we came away with the win.

We are on target for a far better start to the season than last year and, for me, that is the main thing.

Having said that, I look forward to the breakdown of the game from you guys who managed to watch it.

Coys

I thought it was a scrappy game and we missed too many chances, didn't think Palace would score if we were still playing now (19.15). Janseen looked strong and I think he'll get goals.

Worrying Eriksen was poor again. I'm happy with the win, you know you're going to get a messy game with Palace and that's what we got. I find it amazing that before the season we hear all about how refs are going to stop all this holding and clamp down on dissent yet let big apes go through the back of players with impunity.

Although I haven't watched the game, it sounds to me like eriksen hasn't performed too well. And, like I've said before, it's nothing complicated. It's simple really. He needs to play in the middle where he has more space and options to pass to. And looking at the bench again (no chadli or son) we had better get another winger in and judging by playing 2 strikers, we may need to bring another striker in.