Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Neil

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Spurs vs Liverpool

Tough game. Don't be fooled by their defeat to Burnley - they'll be up for this. Will be good test.

Need to win all our home games. If we can win this, it will set us up nicely and boost confidence some more.

Could we even see a new face or two on the bench at least (hopefully).

COYS!

This game is going to be very tough especially if we let the likes of mane, coutinho, and firmino get into the game quickly. The only thing is, I think their defense is very weak, conceding 3 against the gooners and 2 against burnley. We really need to expose their left side since moreno is utter dross and milner will be played out of position if klopp decides to play him. As long as walker puts in some nice crosses, I think we'll be a real danger to their side, but we HAVE to start strong.

It is tough even for the best teams to score when sides park two buses in the final third.

When teams try to make a game of it, footballing sides like us are much more likely to find the net.

Palace, both last year and yesterday had no intention of playing football in the hope they could sneak some kind of result.

Liverpool, hopefully will come looking for a result and, theoretically, that should be to our advantage.

imo we should start this match as favourites.

Liverpool have not addressed their poor defending record yet whereas we, although we already had a good defensive record, have strengthened ours.

Both sides are capable of scoring but we have the advantage of being more organized in defence.

Barring bad luck or poor referee decisions, I have this match down as a banker home win.

I can see us getting at least a couple of goals and to win by at least 2 goals.

Coys

we really do owe the little bastards one, if we do win Their fans will be in an uproar possibly calling for Klopps resignation Just proves what Ive thought all along, Liverpool was never anything without Saurez and whatever left overs Saurez let Sturridge pick up

Obviously left side is a weakness for Liverpool with Moreno/Milner as LB. Their CB Lovren and Klavan aren't that good either. Their midfielders don't protect the back four. They have to outscore the opponent to win.

I expect a fast pace game so I will start Dele and have Eriksen on the bench.

Vorm

Walker Toby Jan Rose

Victor Dier

Lamela Kane Dele

Jansen

It is tough even for the best teams to score when sides park two buses in the final third.

When teams try to make a game of it, footballing sides like us are much more likely to find the net.

Palace, both last year and yesterday had no intention of playing football in the hope they could sneak some kind of result.

Liverpool, hopefully will come looking for a result and, theoretically, that should be to our advantage.

imo we should start this match as favourites.

Liverpool have not addressed their poor defending record yet whereas we, although we already had a good defensive record, have strengthened ours.

Both sides are capable of scoring but we have the advantage of being more organized in defence.

Barring bad luck or poor referee decisions, I have this match down as a banker home win.

I can see us getting at least a couple of goals and to win by at least 2 goals.

Coys

i hope your right my scottish friend

Janssen will come good he's in the right places at the right time just looks so desperate to score to get the price tag off his back.

I think we look better with Kane deeper as he's more free and also means we get 2 in the box from crosses who want to attack the ball

Guest Borodin

Would be great to win this one just so for a little while anyway we can be top of the league.....I reckon Janssen comes of age on Saturday and we beat them 3 - 1

On 24 August 2016 at 10:01 AM, hastingsyid said:

fuck i hope we smash em

Simple but to the point. Like this!

COYS lets rip into em from the off. Kane, Janssen, Dele & Lamela should be smelling blood from their defence!

Hope Dele plays ahead of Eriksen today, he needs to buck his ideas up!