Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
GPK

Poch Bollocks

I've never bashed Poch before (as far as I can recall), but after the Monaco game he said that he would have subbed all the players if he could have...
Fair comment, I think that majority of us would agree with that sentiment. However, if the team aren't performing (as opposed to individuals), then surely that is a reflection on the manager.
If the players aren't performing for you (on a regular basis), then drop the over paid fuckers.

The BS that I smell is the fact that he made 1 change at half time, the second at 70 minutes and the last at 80 minutes.
If he really did feel that the entire team should be substituted, why not make 2 changes at half time and the 3rd at 55/60 minutes.
More so, if he really feels that way, then drop a whole bunch of the guys for the next game....problem is, we all know that it ain't gonna happen.

As much as some of the stuff coming out of the THFC PR machine is amusing (or cringe-worthy in terms of Walker's singing of the CL theme), I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all the BS.
I don't give a fuck about who wins rock/paper/scissors, or how our players compare to NFL players.
We're a fucking football club - they should focus 100% on playing football, not all this "ha ha" bollocks.

Maybe it's good for team spirit, but by what we're seeing, it isn't helping our performances on the pitch.
If I wanted a good laugh, I'd go to the fucking comedy store.
If I wanted to see people making a complete embarrassing twat of themselves, I'd watch the fucking XFactor.
If I wanted to be fed bullshit excuses and rhetoric, I'd listen to fucking politicians on QuestionTime.

I wasn't too bothered immediately after the Monaco game tonight (although certainly disappointed), but looking at the bigger picture, I'm seething.
I fucking hate marketing, PR and trying to polish a turd, and that is exactly how I see things going at THFC at the moment.
STINKS OF FUCKING CORPORATE BOLLOCKS TO ME, and having been in a global corporate environment for a number of years, I know how all this BS works (not that I subscribe to it).

Poch, I commend you on your comments, I just hope that I can commend you on your actions following tonight's shambles!!!

7 hours ago, GPK said:

I've never bashed Poch before (as far as I can recall), but after the Monaco game he said that he would have subbed all the players if he could have...
Fair comment, I think that majority of us would agree with that sentiment. However, if the team aren't performing (as opposed to individuals), then surely that is a reflection on the manager.
If the players aren't performing for you (on a regular basis), then drop the over paid fuckers.

The BS that I smell is the fact that he made 1 change at half time, the second at 70 minutes and the last at 80 minutes.
If he really did feel that the entire team should be substituted, why not make 2 changes at half time and the 3rd at 55/60 minutes.
More so, if he really feels that way, then drop a whole bunch of the guys for the next game....problem is, we all know that it ain't gonna happen.

As much as some of the stuff coming out of the THFC PR machine is amusing (or cringe-worthy in terms of Walker's singing of the CL theme), I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all the BS.
I don't give a fuck about who wins rock/paper/scissors, or how our players compare to NFL players.
We're a fucking football club - they should focus 100% on playing football, not all this "ha ha" bollocks.

Maybe it's good for team spirit, but by what we're seeing, it isn't helping our performances on the pitch.
If I wanted a good laugh, I'd go to the fucking comedy store.
If I wanted to see people making a complete embarrassing twat of themselves, I'd watch the fucking XFactor.
If I wanted to be fed bullshit excuses and rhetoric, I'd listen to fucking politicians on QuestionTime.

I wasn't too bothered immediately after the Monaco game tonight (although certainly disappointed), but looking at the bigger picture, I'm seething.
I fucking hate marketing, PR and trying to polish a turd, and that is exactly how I see things going at THFC at the moment.
STINKS OF FUCKING CORPORATE BOLLOCKS TO ME, and having been in a global corporate environment for a number of years, I know how all this BS works (not that I subscribe to it).

Poch, I commend you on your comments, I just hope that I can commend you on your actions following tonight's shambles!!!

My sentiments exactly, I'm 1 of the very few on here that go to every game and last night after spending3 hours driving home arriving at 1am after spending£100 and seeing the biggest pile of shit that I could ever witness the time has come for someone to step in and ask poch to explain the goings on in our club. The style of football he is making us sit through, the lack of a plan a or a plan b that has been their for all to see so far this season, DO NOT LET THE STOKE GAME CLOUD YOUR JUDGEMENT we are a team going nowhere. Poch is handing out new contracts left right and fucking centre to players that have performed for only 1 season. IT FUCKING STINKS. Forget the aweful atmosphere that we so desperately tried to make good, forget the fact we played at a stadium that should only be used for concerts, look at what is real the football. This is the truth Kane is shit not performing badly he is shit, a donkey, if that were adebayor wearing that 10 shirt the last 10 games he would of been thrashed by poch and the supporters and never played again, if Lamela really is what most of you believe a class act then I no fuck all about football, I could go on and on but a guy on talk sport summed it up last night, I WAS USED TO WATCHING GALVIN, MICKEY HAZARD, GLENN HODDLE NOW IM WATCHING ERIKSEN, LAMELA AND KANE. PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY CHEERING AND CLAPPING THESES PLAYERS AND THEY CANT PLAY FOOTBALL.. MY thoughts are clear, I don't rate poch, I don't rate half of the shit poch has given new contracts to and I don't rate our chances of doing anything this season. For those chaps that disagree I suggest you pay your hard earned money and watch these fucking idiots live. Then let's see your opinions when your driving to and from games for 6 hours spending £1000,s every season. 

I'm afraid it's going to be "death by a thousand cuts". We are a team that are good enough to win more games than we lose but not quite good enough to be a permanent Premiership Top 4 side and a million miles from being a Top European side.

if Poch had been the world class manager a lot of supporters believe,he would have used the last 2 transfer windows to be effective and purchased players that made the team/squad better. Because I don't understand Poch when he speaks,his views,his philosophy,his tactics or formations and especially his comments when we lose I cannot see how he is going to motivate the Spurslayers to extra heights. Massive pay rises for him and the senior players hasn't made any difference yet.

its not all over in Europe we could win all the remaining games and be top of the group but realistically we will have a good run and then let ourselves down again just when we have the last 16/QF in our grasp.

once again I see 4-0 euphoria turn to abject despair after this game. Poch is paid a world class contract wages and I'm afraid he has got to start making decisions and acting like an authoritive manager or he will be forced to take a 10 Million package to another club within the next 12 months.!!!!

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

I'm afraid it's going to be "death by a thousand cuts". We are a team that are good enough to win more games than we lose but not quite good enough to be a permanent Premiership Top 4 side and a million miles from being a Top European side.

if Poch had been the world class manager a lot of supporters believe,he would have used the last 2 transfer windows to be effective and purchased players that made the team/squad better. Because I don't understand Poch when he speaks,his views,his philosophy,his tactics or formations and especially his comments when we lose I cannot see how he is going to motivate the Spurslayers to extra heights. Massive pay rises for him and the senior players hasn't made any difference yet.

its not all over in Europe we could win all the remaining games and be top of the group but realistically we will have a good run and then let ourselves down again just when we have the last 16/QF in our grasp.

once again I see 4-0 euphoria turn to abject despair after this game. Poch is paid a world class contract wages and I'm afraid he has got to start making decisions and acting like an authoritive manager or he will be forced to take a 10 Million package to another club within the next 12 months.!!!!

That's a fair post Asc3 man! I think you are right and I also think Poch will turn this mediocre start and shambles of a performance last night around!

Coys!

Actuality reigns once again. Asc 3, as usual, the one voice using pragmatism that stops hope and blind faith from obscuring reality and reintroduces sense into our current situation.

We have no world class players so shouldn't lust for world class performances. We've had two opportunities to buy in World class players. However, we have a Club owner who lives in a dream world. He obviously watches too many TV soaps  and  plays on computer games. He now clearly believes it  being perfectly possible to turn pig's ears into silk purses. Yes, we have a good EPL squad capable of being higher than 8th but, imo, highly unlikely of competing with the 'big boys' for the top trophies.

Of course, it is early days. Poch is still learning and may well learn from his mistakes. Last year we gave him the benefit of the doubt. Time is not on our side. We can no longer take 2, 3 or 4 years to get there as there are too many competitors with money to burn who will take the short term route and buy success. This year if he fails we have to be more realistic and more ambitious and bring in a proven world class guy. imho,if 'splashing the cash' is the only way to be the best than that is what we have to do. The only other option is to forego the dream of being a top team and to settle for what we have got.

COYS

3 hours ago, Garyjones1271 said:

My sentiments exactly, I'm 1 of the very few on here that go to every game and last night after spending3 hours driving home arriving at 1am after spending£100 and seeing the biggest pile of shit that I could ever witness the time has come for someone to step in and ask poch to explain the goings on in our club. The style of football he is making us sit through, the lack of a plan a or a plan b that has been their for all to see so far this season, DO NOT LET THE STOKE GAME CLOUD YOUR JUDGEMENT we are a team going nowhere. Poch is handing out new contracts left right and fucking centre to players that have performed for only 1 season. IT FUCKING STINKS. Forget the aweful atmosphere that we so desperately tried to make good, forget the fact we played at a stadium that should only be used for concerts, look at what is real the football. This is the truth Kane is shit not performing badly he is shit, a donkey, if that were adebayor wearing that 10 shirt the last 10 games he would of been thrashed by poch and the supporters and never played again, if Lamela really is what most of you believe a class act then I no fuck all about football, I could go on and on but a guy on talk sport summed it up last night, I WAS USED TO WATCHING GALVIN, MICKEY HAZARD, GLENN HODDLE NOW IM WATCHING ERIKSEN, LAMELA AND KANE. PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY CHEERING AND CLAPPING THESES PLAYERS AND THEY CANT PLAY FOOTBALL.. MY thoughts are clear, I don't rate poch, I don't rate half of the shit poch has given new contracts to and I don't rate our chances of doing anything this season. For those chaps that disagree I suggest you pay your hard earned money and watch these fucking idiots live. Then let's see your opinions when your driving to and from games for 6 hours spending £1000,s every season. 

All I really knew of the likes of Kane, Lamela, Ericson who were often quoted as man of the match, was from what I had read. having seen them last night, I'm sorry, but compared to the likes of Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo, etc, they are well short of that class. You tell it as it really is. How on Earth did they get this huge reputation? From here on in I shall only listen to the likes of you GPK ,Rooko and a few others who seem to live in the real world.

I blame Poch because we were 3rd last season. We are in Europe. He,not me, supposedly had a plan to strengthen the team/squad to prepare for the challenges ahead. We won our last game 4-0, expectations were high. We were at home. We had 85,000 supporters. It was the first European group game. You have to win it,you have to make a statement that you have arrived. Or you limply put yourself at an immediate disadvantage.

did any player fun through brick walls last night for the pride of the mighty lilleywhites. At any time did the Manager or the team give the impression this was a special occasion???

For the good of Spurs and financially.Lamela,Eriksen,Verthonghen,Walker,Alli and dare I say possibly Harry but maybe not could have been sold in the Summer but of course they could not be sold if the Manager did not have a plan to buy in others that might have been able to take their places (a couple of solid purchases in Jan may have allowd the sale of a couple of the above name in the Summer)

every player has an off day but a certain professional standard must be demanded and expected from the players. IF I have to mention one more time that we need a strong minded on and off the field Team Captain I am going to get as justifiably angry as GaryJones 1271. If you are tired,underpaid,arrogant,can't be bothered or too rich to give committment go and play for West Ham. The thing is that is not their choice Poch should have the ruthlessness to suss out the wasters and get rid of them but must buy better standard replacements.

you can't blame Poch for bad luck or the players occasional off games but at the moment there are regularly not doing it - now that is Pochs fault!!!

In this moment we have decent options on the bench, this could help us and create a competition for first 11!

If you don't rotate them, first 11 will always know they are in the starting line-up by default, won't give a shit about performance and the others will be frustrated because they feel they can offer more to the team. 

Poch has no management class. But at least I wanna see some improvement!

A loss and the sky is falling. Got it,

I didn't get to see the whole of the match yesterday as it wasn't on a channel I get here in the States. I did see highlights.

Monaco benefited from two moments where players suffered from a lack of concentration. Having seen both goals, I can't fault Hugo much if any. Davies was involved in both which surprised me as I have always rated his defending as better than his offense going forward. Yesterday he had issues with both. Lamela bungled the first one badly though which put Davies in a bad position.

We need more clinical finishing. Period. We have seen that all of our attacking players have that capability. The consistency will come.

I have been a little unfair with my criticism of the team performance especially when I said no one seemed to care. Toby got bless him is brave and committed and always gets his head in the danger areas at corners............... Unlike Harry who you would have thought since his repeated periods of rubbish form perhaps would put more practice into his heading ability and may even be more committment at corners. Success may drag him out of the doldrums and increase his all round ability!!!!

far be it for me a mere supporter to  suggest this to a 22 year old millionaire perhaps his Manager may dare to suggest it!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Asc3 said:

I have been a little unfair with my criticism of the team performance especially when I said no one seemed to care. Toby got bless him is brave and committed and always gets his head in the danger areas at corners............... Unlike Harry who you would have thought since his repeated periods of rubbish form perhaps would put more practice into his heading ability and may even be more committment at corners. Success may drag him out of the doldrums and increase his all round ability!!!!

far be it for me a mere supporter to  suggest this to a 22 year old millionaire perhaps his Manager may dare to suggest it!!!!!!

I agree with almost all of this. Toby is class and looks to genuinely be up for it. He fights and scraps. Fuck knows what's up with Jan. Doesn't seem the same player since he got injured end of last season, just seems to drift around now with the bare minimum of effort. I think Wimmer subbing for him, then Wimmer doing well but Jan still coming straight back in start of the season ( tho not obviously fit) made him think he can turn up, pick up his pay packet and fuck straight off without losing his place...  I've seen him caught out several times this season, and I don't always get to see every minute of every match!! you would think the amount of time Harry spends doing Rabonas into baskets on Spurs TV he could get it past the fucking keeper when 1/1 unlike last night!!!

Your comment about corners made me laugh! When I was a season ticket holder @ WHL in the early 90s i can recall my BF  turning to me mid-match and Saying "" what's the fuss... We never score from corners,,," same old.... 

I have agreed that Wednesdays showing was poor and frustrating because of what turned out to be an anti-climax with all the build up/venue etc.

I have also commented that our prem start, although we are still unbeaten, has been mediocre. However, some of the reaction on this topic has been

knee-jerk to say the least!!

The thing is, what will be said when we once again we qualify for the CL this season? How can some of the comments made on here be retracted?

To be Sooooooo negative after 5 games, 4 in The Prem unbeaten and 1 loss and a below average display in The CL after one of our best ever seasons

in The EPL, is beyond my comprehension!!!

5 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

I have agreed that Wednesdays showing was poor and frustrating because of what turned out to be an anti-climax with all the build up/venue etc.

I have also commented that our prem start, although we are still unbeaten, has been mediocre. However, some of the reaction on this topic has been

knee-jerk to say the least!!

The thing is, what will be said when we once again we qualify for the CL this season? How can some of the comments made on here be retracted?

To be Sooooooo negative after 5 games, 4 in The Prem unbeaten and 1 loss and a below average display in The CL after one of our best ever seasons

in The EPL, is beyond my comprehension!!!

And I put to you roycey with the upmost respect for you, how will you retract your posts when come next May we sit in 6th position with no silverware having played this slow boring football with more or less the same 11 week in week out because the manager is not strong enough to make the decisions a mourinho Klopp or guardiola would make in a heart beat? I would back my prediction over yours every single day because so far my predictions look far more accurate, that being said I sincerely hope you are right and if you are and our football genuinely excites me when I'm there and I'm watching a team full of the cohesion you mention weekly then white hart lane will be a happy place not just for me but for the other 36.000 that go week in week out.

Your full of hope and belief and I respect that, I respect your views, you are a great asset to this site but I am so so confident it will be you needing to retract your comments and your love for poch will be over. 

Oh and look back to the posts last week about son, you lot jumping through hoops because the headless idiot scored twice, read my replies, let's see who needs to retract their comments. Because like I said the next game he was back to his normal aweful self and now will be where he rightfully belongs again back on the bench. 

Just saying roycey my man

We need you to keep the posts coming though my good man because without you there is no ne else I really like to debate with so over to you sir Royce.

52 minutes ago, Garyjones1271 said:

And I put to you roycey with the upmost respect for you, how will you retract your posts when come next May we sit in 6th position with no silverware having played this slow boring football with more or less the same 11 week in week out because the manager is not strong enough to make the decisions a mourinho Klopp or guardiola would make in a heart beat? I would back my prediction over yours every single day because so far my predictions look far more accurate, that being said I sincerely hope you are right and if you are and our football genuinely excites me when I'm there and I'm watching a team full of the cohesion you mention weekly then white hart lane will be a happy place not just for me but for the other 36.000 that go week in week out.

Your full of hope and belief and I respect that, I respect your views, you are a great asset to this site but I am so so confident it will be you needing to retract your comments and your love for poch will be over. 

Oh and look back to the posts last week about son, you lot jumping through hoops because the headless idiot scored twice, read my replies, let's see who needs to retract their comments. Because like I said the next game he was back to his normal aweful self and now will be where he rightfully belongs again back on the bench. 

We need you to keep the posts coming though my good man because without you there is no ne else I really like to debate with so over to you sir Royce.

Like Acs3 Jonsey, Your posts are always articulate, well constructed and informed! Whether I agree with them (sometimes:)) or not is niether hear or there and vice-versa!

I,m just off for a very busy 12 hour day my friend, but I,ll get back to you regards the above!

All the best Jonsey!

Guest Borodin
3 hours ago, hastingsyid said:

bring back adebayor 

Ahhemmm....things are not that bad yet...I'd rather see Fazio return as first choice goalkeeper with Stevie Wonder as centre forward !!

8 hours ago, Garyjones1271 said:

Jonsey!

I,ll try and address as best I can the various questions/points you make!

(1): I,ll sadly doff my cap to you Jonsey in utter disbelief!

(2): The first 11 Poch has picked for most of our 4 Prem starts (Wanyama aside) were the 11 that graced The Lane and that saw some very, very stylish/committed

performances both home and away last season and eventually got us 3rd spot and CL qualification, which every man and Jack would have taken last August

in a blink of an eye! Granted 4 games in and we have not set the league alight, but when would you have him change it? After the first game against Everton?

He has kept faith and rewarded those that produced for him last season. Good initial man management imo! Shows he ain't panicking and creating pressure/

stress on the squad.

(3): After 4 mediocre Prem games and a disappointing display at Wembely, will he make changes this Sunday. Absolutely he will!!!

My prediction, which will address one of your points (pace/tempo of play) we will see Sissoko/Dembele start at the expences of Eriksen/Lamela. We will see

at some point N'koudon for Son. I think he will persevere with Harry because he fills H is the type of player that prefers and can play through this type of blip!

Plus it is possible Dier may sit this one out and we will see.......

If Rose fit? Usual back 4. Dembele/Wanyama (2): Son/Alli/Sissoko (3): Kane (1) As you can see I disagree regards Son. Taking this season alone

1 good game does not make a player exceptional, granted! In the same token, nor does a poorer game make that same player unselectable ever again!

I,m not full of hope Jonsey! I,m truly full of confidence that there is something special about Poch and this squad and we will qualify once again the CL

and in style!

As far as the 2 holding mf's are concerned, that's just a title imo. If I,m right about Dembele playing alongside Wanyama on Sunday, you will see him

making plenty of runs from that deeper lying position. An when Wanyama plays that position alongside Dier, he attempts to break up play several yards

ahead of Dier.

However, whatever way our season pans out, it is definitely far to early (4 Prem Games!!!) to be dismissing Poch and the squad as clueless!

Particularly after the 2015/16 season we had!

We drew 11-12 games last season? We lost 6, so there for we won 20-21 games! We will not lose anymore than 6 again this season and

we will not draw double figures, therefore we will accumulate a bigger points tally this year than last and that's why I believe that will see

us once again achieve top 4!

COYS!

27 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

Jonsey!

I,ll try and address as best I can the various questions/points you make!

(1): I,ll sadly doff my cap to you Jonsey in utter disbelief!

(2): The first 11 Poch has picked for most of our 4 Prem starts (Wanyama aside) were the 11 that graced The Lane and that saw some very, very stylish/committed

performances both home and away last season and eventually got us 3rd spot and CL qualification, which every man and Jack would have taken last August

in a blink of an eye! Granted 4 games in and we have not set the league alight, but when would you have him change it? After the first game against Everton?

He has kept faith and rewarded those that produced for him last season. Good initial man management imo! Shows he ain't panicking and creating pressure/

stress on the squad.

(3): After 4 mediocre Prem games and a disappointing display at Wembely, will he make changes this Sunday. Absolutely he will!!!

My prediction, which will address one of your points (pace/tempo of play) we will see Sissoko/Dembele start at the expences of Eriksen/Lamela. We will see

at some point N'koudon for Son. I think he will persevere with Harry because he fills H is the type of player that prefers and can play through this type of blip!

Plus it is possible Dier may sit this one out and we will see.......

If Rose fit? Usual back 4. Dembele/Wanyama (2): Son/Alli/Sissoko (3): Kane (1) As you can see I disagree regards Son. Taking this season alone

1 good game does not make a player exceptional, granted! In the same token, nor does a poorer game make that same player unselectable ever again!

I,m not full of hope Jonsey! I,m truly full of confidence that there is something special about Poch and this squad and we will qualify once again the CL

and in style!

As far as the 2 holding mf's are concerned, that's just a title imo. If I,m right about Dembele playing alongside Wanyama on Sunday, you will see him

making plenty of runs from that deeper lying position. An when Wanyama plays that position alongside Dier, he attempts to break up play several yards

ahead of Dier.

However, whatever way our season pans out, it is definitely far to early (4 Prem Games!!!) to be dismissing Poch and the squad as clueless!

Particularly after the 2015/16 season we had!

We drew 11-12 games last season? We lost 6, so there for we won 20-21 games! We will not lose anymore than 6 again this season and

we will not draw double figures, therefore we will accumulate a bigger points tally this year than last and that's why I believe that will see

us once again achieve top 4!

COYS!

Your optimism and confidence astounds me my friend and for that I applaud you. However for now we will agree to disagree and no doubt when I'm home from the game Sunday we will carry on the debating. For now though roycey I bid you a wonderful weekend and let's hope for a proper response and 3 points for the team we all adore.

I love this forum. I have always been fascinated in people. Especially when two who live through the same experience come up with such opposing views of what has actually occurred and what is likely to occur in the future based on that event.

The really interesting thing is that when you look at each of your arguments objectively, the reasoning is sound for both cases. I actually accept both when only one is likely to eventually be right!!! I like the idea of keeping faith with the guys who, for the majority of the games last year, did the business. At the same time I get frustratingly annoyed at their apparent ineptitude this year and want to shake them up by dropping them and making them fight for their places.

Thanks a bunch lads. You've got me sitting on that bloody fence again. 

38 minutes ago, hastingsyid said:

yes yes yes,he was fabulous and well worth his 100k a week wages,he was my hero and im getting his full name tattooed on my knob

I'm not sure that they've got a font small enough - you may have to settle for "Ade"! Boy, that's gonna hurt on your bellend.

Guest Borodin

His full name is Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor so I assume Hastings is just having the word SEA tattooed on him.....obviously in a small font with no full stops in between the letters and not a bold typeface.

16 hours ago, Garyjones1271 said:

Your optimism and confidence astounds me my friend and for that I applaud you. However for now we will agree to disagree and no doubt when I'm home from the game Sunday we will carry on the debating. For now though roycey I bid you a wonderful weekend and let's hope for a proper response and 3 points for the team we all adore.

Likewise Jonsey!  Good Post Mate!