Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
GPK

Poch Bollocks

I'm not so sure on the poch bashing, I still feel he's the best manager with had for awhile and possibly on par with managers we would attract ( dodged a bullet with LVG that most wanted and klopp is making mistakes too)

the facts don't lie we are performing the same level every year 60-70 points it's the others around us that are better or worse and which will decided our final position. I guarantee that it'll be 60-70 points this year but I'm not sure if that'll be 6/5/4 in the league.

my biggest problem is the lack of desire of the club when buying players, for once we could attract top players looking for CL yet we do what we do every year buy second/third best and it shows. That's on levy not poch.

im not a poch lover, and can't stand the repeating dribble that he talks and maybe he needs to shake things up and throw a few slaps around.

I didn't think we were that bad, but was gutted there wasn't the energy and lacked hunger, but then that's been missing all year.

kanes starting to worry me now, the fact that he's not even shooting when presented with a chance is no good.

delle getting better by the game, and sissko looked a threat from the wing. It's a bit 2steps forward 1 back with players performing well in one game then poor the next at different times.

also I agree with the Toby statement he should be captain, the only one that kept his head agaisnt Chelsea, also commited, has a great attitude and the respect of those around him. Hope I haven't just jinxed him.

12 minutes ago, Rooko said:

I'm not so sure on the poch bashing, I still feel he's the best manager with had for awhile and possibly on par with managers we would attract ( dodged a bullet with LVG that most wanted and klopp is making mistakes too)

the facts don't lie we are performing the same level every year 60-70 points it's the others around us that are better or worse and which will decided our final position. I guarantee that it'll be 60-70 points this year but I'm not sure if that'll be 6/5/4 in the league.

my biggest problem is the lack of desire of the club when buying players, for once we could attract top players looking for CL yet we do what we do every year buy second/third best and it shows. That's on levy not poch.

im not a poch lover, and can't stand the repeating dribble that he talks and maybe he needs to shake things up and throw a few slaps around.

I didn't think we were that bad, but was gutted there wasn't the energy and lacked hunger, but then that's been missing all year.

kanes starting to worry me now, the fact that he's not even shooting when presented with a chance is no good.

delle getting better by the game, and sissko looked a threat from the wing. It's a bit 2steps forward 1 back with players performing well in one game then poor the next at different times.

also I agree with the Toby statement he should be captain, the only one that kept his head agaisnt Chelsea, also commited, has a great attitude and the respect of those around him. Hope I haven't just jinxed him.

Very well put Rooko, and spot on with Toby, he deserves above everyone to be the captain,best player, most composed and most committed. I want to see a huge statement from poch tomorrow in dropping Kane Lamela and son and bringing in the 2 moussas and Vincent. And I want to see a change in the tempo, we need to be fast and positive no more side wards and backwards. Massive 2 games ahead which we must take 6 points. Liverpool are looking really good and will definitely challenge for top 4 this season so we have to respond. Reflecting on your comment about the lack of buying top players I agree totally, look at what mane is doing at Liverpool and we could of got him. Sissoko is a really good buy and will improve us considerably but for 4 million more we could of got mane. I still don't think the top bracket players fancy coming to us due to a number of reasons the main 1 being money and why would they?

Anybody else heard this.

It was in the Metro yesterday,or Thursday.

Poch is reported to have stated he didn't know how to motivate Spurs on Wednesday night.

1. The players shouldn't need motivating for such a game as this.

2. If Poch can't motivate them,then what the fuck is going on?

31 minutes ago, Garyjones1271 said:

Very well put Rooko, and spot on with Toby, he deserves above everyone to be the captain,best player, most composed and most committed. I want to see a huge statement from poch tomorrow in dropping Kane Lamela and son and bringing in the 2 moussas and Vincent. And I want to see a change in the tempo, we need to be fast and positive no more side wards and backwards. Massive 2 games ahead which we must take 6 points. Liverpool are looking really good and will definitely challenge for top 4 this season so we have to respond. Reflecting on your comment about the lack of buying top players I agree totally, look at what mane is doing at Liverpool and we could of got him. Sissoko is a really good buy and will improve us considerably but for 4 million more we could of got mane. I still don't think the top bracket players fancy coming to us due to a number of reasons the main 1 being money and why would they?

Thanks Gary, likewise your posts are always an interesting read.

I agree about making a statement, I'm just not sure about dropping Kane as he seems a player that needs to play through it and like last season without him we've got no hope! Also I'm not sure how effective janseen will be on his own.

I get your point about mane but I still feel we could of aimed higher.

19 minutes ago, Rooko said:

Thanks Gary, likewise your posts are always an interesting read.

I agree about making a statement, I'm just not sure about dropping Kane as he seems a player that needs to play through it and like last season without him we've got no hope! Also I'm not sure how effective janseen will be on his own.

I get your point about mane but I still feel we could of aimed higher.

These are the type of posts I really enjoy. Two guys who put forward reasoned opinions yet opposing. The interesting thing in this case it seems we can't try both. If we sub Kane for a game or two he can come back in one of two ways. Still not playing as well as we are used to him playing or straight into regularly scoring again. In either case it doesn't exactly prove whether the decision was right or wrong. If we let him play on to play himself back to form, if he doesn't do it very quickly, may cost us and, how many more games do we give him. Um! I think I can see Poch's problem here. Two sensible options but neither guaranteed. I'm just glad I don't have to choose.

This bloody fence may be uncomfortable but it only makes my arse numb and doesn't hurt my excuse for a brain.   lol

COYS

32 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

These are the type of posts I really enjoy. Two guys who put forward reasoned opinions yet opposing. The interesting thing in this case it seems we can't try both. If we sub Kane for a game or two he can come back in one of two ways. Still not playing as well as we are used to him playing or straight into regularly scoring again. In either case it doesn't exactly prove whether the decision was right or wrong. If we let him play on to play himself back to form, if he doesn't do it very quickly, may cost us and, how many more games do we give him. Um! I think I can see Poch's problem here. Two sensible options but neither guaranteed. I'm just glad I don't have to choose.

This bloody fence may be uncomfortable but it only makes my arse numb and doesn't hurt my excuse for a brain.   lol

COYS

James time to remove the splinters from your numb arse my friend and jump off the fence, so here goes, tell me exactly where you believe  we will finish this season and will there be any silverware? Do you rate the current team and manager?

to make things easier for you these are my predictions!!

5th or 6th in the league

no silverware

last 32 champions league at the best last 16

the current manager and squad are both fairly good but not good enough to bring success.

over to you my man.

35 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS

Poch has the advantage of seeing them in training also he will know him better than us so he should be able to make the right decision on Kane, as outsiders we can only speculate on what's actually going on. 

I feel the fault lays with levy not buying batshui when we had the chance, janseen looks a good team player but I don't feel he can lead the line and score enough goals should Harry be out of form or injured.

who really knows how to get Harry going again, maybe it's a mental rest needed, either way it needs to be right.

6 minutes ago, Garyjones1271 said:

James time to remove the splinters from your numb arse my friend and jump off the fence, so here goes, tell me exactly where you believe  we will finish this season and will there be any silverware? Do you rate the current team and manager?

to make things easier for you these are my predictions!!

5th or 6th in the league

no silverware

last 32 champions league at the best last 16

the current manager and squad are both fairly good but not good enough to bring success.

over to you my man.

City are beginning to look the most likely to be top. Liverpool are beginning to look dangerous. Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea seem to be struggling in the same way we are. So as it stands I cannot see a top 2 finish and as there are 6 of us going for top four, that is looking more than a tad difficult. Of course, it is early days and we have the January window to come so things can change (I know hedging my bets again). But just for you I will put my head on the block. 5th or 6th as it stands at the moment.

I would love some silverware but I'm not confident as the squad is at the moment, We could fluke something with lower league opponents in the early rounds and avoiding any of the other top 5 until the final. I'm not holding my breath.

Same as you, we should make the last 32. Ultimately it depends how kind the draw is as to how far we ultimately progress. Given good luck and no injuries, I would feel we have achieved a decent result if we do make the last 16.

In my case, the jury is definitely out on the current manager. 12 months ago I was convinced he was the right man for the job. Too much has gone wrong with the last 3 games of last season and the first 5 games if this. A lot of which I feel could be put down to him. I would never claim to be an expert in being able to judge the competence of teams and managers, however, I like to feel I know enough to pass a comment. So at the moment I am holding a big question mark over him and leaning towards him not eventually becoming one of the all time greats. So, like you I have grave doubts he is the man to bring the ultimate success we crave for.

I know. Still a bit on the 'sitting on the fence' side but it is as far as I dare go. When you get to my age it is safer and easier to be a wimp than a hero.

I don't like to continue to make negative comments about Poch and will be delighted if he proves me wrong because we will have finished in the top 4 this year. But I don't want to wait until it's obvious and be seen to be jumping on the bandwagon!!!

Man City practiced the first free kick goal along the ground under the jumping Bournemouth defenders. Attention to detail is what a World CLass Manager gives you. That is what we needed to take us from last seasons 3rd spot to permanent top 4 this season.

To please Mr Levy he should have the second tier of world class managers researched for next Summer just in case. Failing that Gary Monk,Eddie Howell will be available for approx 20 per cent of Pochs wage.

if you had backed Poch this Summer you may not have had to losehim next Summer. You are responsible for your own misfortune!!!!

After spendings, city utd and chelsea should be top 3. But arsenal always win the easy games and will be up in top 4, klopp has something to prove and liverpool dont play in europe meaning they will give everything in epl, everton will be on 2nd place at the end of september! 

So where will end spurs between these clubs? I dont know, probably 6th or 7th.