Neophyte

PL: Manchester City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Man City v Tottenham

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

I just clicked 'win' in the poll. I'm not super-confident about it, but if we play like we did today then we can definitely do it.

Last season I thought we always had to score 2 or 3 to win, but these days we can get a 1-0 with our defence.

Guest Borodin
3 hours ago, GPK said:

I thought you were looking a bit lonely in the win bucket, so have joined you.

Continue with the current form & belief and there is no reason why we can't get a result.

I am the other voter in the win bucket so I don't think Cromulentmart entered his vote correctly.....

Guest Borodin
3 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I just clicked 'win' in the poll. I'm not super-confident about it, but if we play like we did today then we can definitely do it.

Last season I thought we always had to score 2 or 3 to win, but these days we can get a 1-0 with our defence.

Try again my friend...your vote has not registered..........

Guest Borodin
4 hours ago, Rodney said:

Hello all

does anyone have any news on the Jan injury heard it might be his knee again 

As far as I am aware he turned his ankle and they are concerned over possible ligament damage. They cannot fully assess the injury until the swelling goes down....fingers crossed he's up and about soon.

I've also gone for a win. We look as though we can score each time we attack! I think I would put Wimmer in defence he did very well last year. Although I am gutted that Jan is out SO glad it wasn't Toby. Believe. X

Guest Borodin

Watching them play Everton now and either Spurs will encounter the backlash from this performance or they will be able to take advantage of City's current slump in form. To be fair they have been really trying to get back into the game the last ten minutes or so but they are certainly well below normal standards......luvvly jubbly

Just watched the City,Everton game and we are the last team they will want to play. Seems this world beater manager Pep is struggling! as they all do in the prem lol.

They were awfull and if we play anything like we have been,a win is all I can see, tho I doubt they can be as bad as today and we can expect a huge improvement on their part but I think we are too strong atm. COYS! 

I agree with you Reestar,City were awful.

Probably as bad as they've played for some time.

Like yourself I can only see  win for us.

Guest Borodin
13 minutes ago, Reestar said:

Just watched the City,Everton game and we are the last team they will want to play. Seems this world beater manager Pep is struggling! as they all do in the prem lol.

They were awfull and if we play anything like we have been,a win is all I can see, tho I doubt they can be as bad as today and we can expect a huge improvement on their part but I think we are too strong atm. COYS! 

Totally agree and an early goal from Spurs should kill them off I reckon....but we can't afford for them to grow in confidence. Thought it absolutely magical today to see Everton's two youngsters make it onto the score sheet....it's what the game is all about.

3 minutes ago, Reestar said:

He has made such a 'balls up' of adapting and learning how to play in the EPL, it makes you wonder how the Hell he won all those trophies? The signs were there when he swapped Hart for Bravo. Then encouraging Stone to keep playing out of defence regardless of how dangerous the situation showed stubbornness. It has brought his downfall with his unwillingness to change his style of play.

Luckily for us, Poch learned from situations where his style didn't pay off and he adjusted how he manages accordingly and very successfully.

COYS

24 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Totally agree and an early goal from Spurs should kill them off I reckon....but we can't afford for them to grow in confidence. Thought it absolutely magical today to see Everton's two youngsters make it onto the score sheet....it's what the game is all about.

Have we started a trend in playing home grown / development talent?? Bout time I'm sick of the fairy foreigners prancing about the park lol it's why the home nations have been struggling for years! 

28 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

He has made such a 'balls up' of adapting and learning how to play in the EPL, it makes you wonder how the Hell he won all those trophies? The signs were there when he swapped Hart for Bravo. Then encouraging Stone to keep playing out of defence regardless of how dangerous the situation showed stubbornness. It has brought his downfall with his unwillingness to change his style of play.

Luckily for us, Poch learned from situations where his style didn't pay off and he adjusted how he manages accordingly and very successfully.

COYS

I'm sure any of us lot could manage the teams he has and win something pal lol

2 minutes ago, Reestar said:

I'm sure any of us lot could manage the teams he has and win something pal lol

If we beat Citeh and the likes of Toby, Kyle and Danny have stormers, we can expect a few heavy bids coming in for them. The Citeh defence is a shambles.

5 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

If we beat Citeh and the likes of Toby, Kyle and Danny have stormers, we can expect a few heavy bids coming in for them. The Citeh defence is a shambles.

And that will be the test to see the commitment of the players if they stay then that will show us they  believe in the philosophy Poch has instilled and is the man we've been needing/ looking for to take this team to next level hense all the contract extensions.

I just hope the board let Poch buy in the players he wants so he doesn't leave that's my main concern at the minute. Exciting times tho.

For me the situation looks different. 

This is the perfect game for them to come back, against a top club. 

We already won too many consecutive games, they didnt and it is time for changing form. One from winning to losing, the other one from losing to winning. It is premier league and form can be changed very quick.

I hope for a draw, but i think we will lose this one.

Guest Borodin
3 hours ago, Mihai said:

We already won too many consecutive games, they didnt and it is time for changing form. One from winning to losing, the other one from losing to winning. It is premier league and form can be changed very quick.

Can't be much of an incentive to win when your manager tells the media this :

City are now 10 points behind leaders Chelsea after defeat on Merseyside - the heaviest league loss in Guardiola's managerial career.Asked if the gap was too great, he said: "Yes. Ten is a lot of points."Guardiola, 45, has told his players to unite "in the bad moments" and "forget the table" until the end of the season.He added: "At the end of the season, we our going to evaluate our level and how our performance was, how the coach was, how the players were. After that we are going to decide."

Unless it's all a master plan to lull the opposition into a false sense of security. Personally I think they are ready to fold like a pack of cards and an early goal by Spurs could see a record win at the Etihad. The danger is that they have early opportunities and manage to score...then their confidence will grow and we will see a totally different side. Their defence is currently a shambles and if we play like we did against WBA then it could be a goal fest.

Was talking to my son yesterday and he thought that 4-0 trashing was bad news for us and that City would be desperate to beat us. I felt the reverse,  I said to him if we had just been beaten 4-0 by Everton (apart from being suicidal) would he be confident of us beating Man City next game up and he said no, so why should it be any different for them. I can't see where they can strengthen the team that played on Sunday, players may improve their performance but as a team they have never impressed me, they win based on individual performances. Their defence looks very poor and if we starve De Bruyne and Silva on the ball we should beat them. Much is said about their defence but their midfield all stop running when they lose the ball and that's where I see us winning the game.

11 hours ago, Borodin said:

Can't be much of an incentive to win when your manager tells the media this :

City are now 10 points behind leaders Chelsea after defeat on Merseyside - the heaviest league loss in Guardiola's managerial career.Asked if the gap was too great, he said: "Yes. Ten is a lot of points."Guardiola, 45, has told his players to unite "in the bad moments" and "forget the table" until the end of the season.He added: "At the end of the season, we our going to evaluate our level and how our performance was, how the coach was, how the players were. After that we are going to decide."

Unless it's all a master plan to lull the opposition into a false sense of security. Personally I think they are ready to fold like a pack of cards and an early goal by Spurs could see a record win at the Etihad. The danger is that they have early opportunities and manage to score...then their confidence will grow and we will see a totally different side. Their defence is currently a shambles and if we play like we did against WBA then it could be a goal fest.

I agree, city defence is shit. 

In terms of form and football we should win it, no question. 

But football sometimes is about 'rotation' of... luck, form, results.. We can't win all games, city is not a team to lose many games..

14 hours ago, Mihai said:

here we go again.... just when you had started to post sensible comments... Wibble wibble......