ABOUT PUSH AND RUN FOOTBALL AND THE DOUBLE HE HAD SEEN
YOUR SPURS TILL YOU DIE SON NOW YOUR ROOTS HAVE BEEN SET
ALL GOONERS ARE SCUM DONT YOU EVER FORGET

NOW GO TO THE LANE AND JOIN OUR GREAT CROWD
WATCH THE STYLE AND THE GLORY THAT MAKES US SO PROUD
ALL THE THINGS THAT HE TAUGHT ME STILL ECHO TODAY
AND MY ONLY TRUE HAPPINESS IS WHEN THE MIGHTY SPURS PLAY

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Not too disappointed!!! We lost to a very close competitor not a lower position team......but whilst I am not as tactically aware as many other posters on this forum .......it is so obvious we need a quick,agile,zippy player up front like Mane to inject some oomph into our play. Top 6 tightened up again!!!!!! Am I allowed to mention 2nd striker?????

36 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Not too disappointed!!! We lost to a very close competitor not a lower position team......but whilst I am not as tactically aware as many other posters on this forum .......it is so obvious we need a quick,agile,zippy player up front like Mane to inject some oomph into our play. Top 6 tightened up again!!!!!! Am I allowed to mention 2nd striker?????

Would have preferred to bring NKoudou on instead of sissoko TBH 

As peterc has just said-Pathetic. Right from the managers decisions to the effort in these primadonnas, when another team gets in their face they have NOT a clue. Mane v carthorse, I'm not going to explain because the difference was there for all to see. Don't think the word urgency is ever muttered in that dressing room. They were that bad I thought they were at Wembley.

8 minutes ago, spursGirl said:

Would have preferred to bring NKoudou on instead of sissoko TBH 

Christ!! We have a quick,agile, zippy player!!! Perhaps we ought to play him to give him some confidence in the first team. Who know how good he might be if given the chance....

Using spurious stats, many on here claim we have a sound defence as it has conceded less goals in the EPL than the other teams. To me, I feel our defence is far from being rock solid. Perhaps the main reason we throw away points is NOT because we don't take our chances but BECAUSE sloppy defending give away goals.

The two scored against us today came because we gave the ball away unnecessarily. The two we gave away against City were goalkeeper errors. I haven't kept a check, but I think the many of the goals we have conceded have come about through slack defending rather than having been created by good play from the opposition.

It is becoming clear the squad does not have cover for our important players - especially in defence. It is also becoming apparent that some of the guys we have been praising fall short in the pressure matches. If we are to progress to being a genuine top 4 team, it is increasingly looking as though building up one gradually is unlikely to succeed. If we don't quickly show we are very good, then not only will attracting world class players coming to us not happen, keeping our good players will be difficult.

Our hopes keep being raised only to turn into 'false dawns' far too often. I am beginning to think that if we don't improve our squad with the purchase of 2 or 3 players already proving their worth playing at the highest level, the progress we have made over this and last season will fall away and be lost.

At the moment, imo, we have a squad which has prospects of being good enough to compete for a top 4 place but not necessarily to guarantee one. I would like to think it is progressing, but I'm reaching the conclusion it has not improved that much. Last year the top 6 teams where weak. This year the top 6 are much, much stronger. If we are a better squad than last season, we should be competing with them and NOT losing to them. Other teams ARE stronger but, so far this year, the evidence that WE are far better is not there. It seems to me 4 other teams have CAUGHT up to us rather than we HAVE improved. We are doing well to be lying second, but had we really improved, imo we would really be giving Chelsea a run for their money and not be looking over our shoulders at the 4 teams below us.

Just an opinion.

COYS

No urgency, no speed or pace, even tonight no boring possession possession possession, ultimately, no fucking clue. But, whether they play in an entertaining game and come out victorious, or turn up at anfield and stroll around clueless, they still collect substantial amounts of money. Tottenham are in my veins, but I'm beginning to think - who's laughing at who here.

We hardly take points at anfield. They needed a win, after so many shit games.. we were lucky away at city, but not today. 

Anyway both teams will finish outside top4. We were not able to fight against leicester last year for the title, saying we will fight this year against chelsea is a fucking joke.

It really hurts to be right sometimes. Especially when we lose! Call me a conspiracist, but I saw that coming. Same quotes like the Chelsea match. Hull have beaten the bin dippers and the people went for DC (double chance) and put their money on us, on quotes which were too high for a so called title contender. 

We got what we have and I really hate Levy for not signing Wijnaldum. Cause Eriksen haven't shown anything and another playmaker in our ranks would have given the lazy bastard the competition he needs!

Why we have signed Janssen is clear as shit, Levy wanted to sell Kane, find a identical clone to save money, while preventing a new contract for Harry. And from Levys view it absolutely makes sense. Cause now Harry Lame is our most expensive player although he isn't worth the money and I guess other people are also aware of that. 50-60 mill for Harry would be a generous offer. And no matter which club (probably Manure) sign him, they will be the jackass when realizing (in all respect for Harry) how average "The Kane" really is. With every year his goal statistic sinks and this trend will carry on!

Unfortunatelly Janssen turn out to be a flop. I really would have loved it to be wrong, but it doesn't surprise me at all. From the beginning of the season I said he is not the real deal and I already explained in previous posts why he isn't. But the biggest mistake wasn't Janssen, cause as I said from Levy's point of view Harry is a financial burden! It is the fact, that we have NO OTHER OPTIONS UPFRONT!!! no alternative player, someone who brings something different into the game! As always I criticize the board the chairman, the manager and their mercenary scouts who give a fuck about our club as long the money's right!

And if you take a look on Soton you will see its not that they wouldn't want to sell their most valuable players its they wouldn't want to sell them to us, cause our so called "super negotiator" Levy had fucked it up! We had the chance to strengthen our team in winter, but nothing happened another reason that tells me how shit Levy is. And I think I don't need to mention Sissoko who is way off his peak. But spending almost 30 million, with a salary of 95k the week (Wijnaldum 90k) for him make us the biggest joke in the PL! Don't think Lammy will return, cause Sissoko was signed as his replacement. I am also ambivalent about Lamela, but I rather keep him than Sissoko who is a disgrace for our beloved team and fans. I hope Lamelas haters are satisfied now! 

Football gods are wearing suits and sit in big companies spending a lot of money and IMO it is already decided who will end up in the top 4 at the end of the season and we can only hope we will play a part in this game. If you don't believe me take a good look at Leister and where they sit at the moment and decide for yourselves, if this was a biased trial or not? 

Guest Borodin

Personally I just feel the same pain as every Spurs fan must after yesterdays performance. Note I said 'performance' and not result. I accept the inevitability of being beaten but as long as I see Spurs put up a valiant effort and feel that they were outplayed by a better team then I reluctantly accept defeat and move on. What hurts deeply is to see players that in the media whip up a storm of support and anticipation with stories of how they are ready to mount a sustained challenge for the Premiership then put on a show of such mediocrity. After the game Poch said "It is difficult to fight for the Premier League if you show that lack of desire to play for a win." "In the first 45 minutes you saw a team that is not ready to fight for the Premier League," "We are in a position that is up to us. But if you show like today that you cannot cope with the pressure then it is difficult to challenge and fight for the Premier League."

Today any lingering hopes of a title win have gone for me. Whilst Poch may have worked wonders with the squad since his arrival I'm afraid the old proverb "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink" comes to mind.. There is such an obvious lack of desire within the team whenever these 'crunch' fixtures are upon them. I put up a thread recently about the number of points we have accrued against four top teams away from home since the premiership began.  Just 47 out of a possible 300 !

So my message to the team and so called 'stars' would be this...."Don't tell us what you are going to do...share with everyone in the glory of success AFTER you have done it !" It is highly likely that Chelsea will increase their lead today to 12 points...they will feel no 'pressure' to do so just an intense and passionate desire to widen the gap at the top when they run onto the pitch. They have a champions mentality and approach to the game, instilled into them by a manager I rate as one of the very best around. I hate them as a Tottenham fan but I also admire the manner in which they have launched this challenge since they lost to Arsenal.

I don't expect to see Tottenham win every week but is it too much to ask that I see them  genuinely try and win ????

Oh dear poch where do I start? How about since we've changed from a back 3 to a 4 we have been well below an acceptable standard for a top 4 team, how about second we talk about how weak our squad really is, no rose and Jan means absolutely no defence and no shape, Wycombe and Liverpool proved we have the weakest squad in the top 6. How about you watched Ben Davies get torn apart with your hands in your pockets without changing a thing for 45 piss fucking poor minutes, yes Ben Davies is shit yes Eric dier is shit but poch gave them no protection down the left. Liverpool have better players than us it's not hard to see, poch has had us punching well above our weight and we are sitting second however 1 loss and we could be 6. Now me personally have stated time and time again I'm going to judge this season  on the final whistle and with 9 winnable games ahead this is what will define our season, I have just watched the game back and we were shit all over the park, poor poor substitutions and bringing on winks at 2-0 down has left me gob smacked. How is that meant to inspire a comeback of any kind?  Why not change to 3 at the back at half time? I liked pochs assessment and for only the second time this season he in his own way has warned the players he will not accept second best. It shows us all once again the harsh reality is that with the current squad we have there is zero chance of ever Winning the premier league, poch has done his very best up till now but he has to guarantee a top 4 finish at the very least. Lastly I got fucking done for speeding so as you can imagine my Saturday was one to forget.

As you said Gary. 3 consecutive league games reverting back to a back 4 and 1 penalty to show for it.

This side struggles to create chances without the width of a 3. Davies and Wimmer may not be much cop but at least there's a chance we may score a few.

And to cap it all, here comes that Bollox Thursday night rubbish.

I keep saying- we have absolutely no pace, if we cannot put the ball on Harry's head from a cross or put it on his toe- we will not score and if you do not score you do not win football games- simple! Harry gets goals against lesser teams but he is shown up to be very average against the better quality sides, and we are relying on Son, in my eyes he is so fucking shit! I'm sorry to say walker and Davies- if that's the best England and Wales have respectively we are in major trouble at the moment. Scousers beat is by 2 but we all know it could and should have been at least 4 or 5. Mane v carthorse Kane = no contest I'm afraid. I am sick to pit of my stomach, not just about the last few games but about what lies ahead. We shall see!!!

Guest Borodin
1 hour ago, Garyjones1271 said:

Lastly I got fucking done for speeding so as you can imagine my Saturday was one to forget.

Sorry to hear about that my mate...I reckon the team should put their hands in pockets and pay the fine for you....one thing they will never get done for on the pitch is speeding !!

PS

I too watched the Sunday Supplement and as you say whilst 'harsh' it was a realistic analysis of the current situation....