Spurs Web
Rookie1968

So what’s he going to do about it

16 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

It's a shame that Lamela can't play weds, as he has looked really good so far on his return. Like a new signing. Always rated him, even when he was struggling to get used to the PL pace and aggression.

Sorry tonto got to disagree for me imo he slows the game down gives away too many fouls and gets booked quite a bit and gets caught in possesion a lot but hey what do i know he’ll probably go on to be like a new signing and i hope he does

16 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

It's a shame that Lamela can't play weds, as he has looked really good so far on his return. Like a new signing. Always rated him, even when he was struggling to get used to the PL pace and aggression.

I think his only problem was his short temper, but that may have been tempered by being a family man now and a year older!

I really rate him and think he is a perfect fit for the Spurs way!

On 06/12/2017 at 0:56 PM, Cromulentmart said:

I think his only problem was his short temper, but that may have been tempered by being a family man now and a year older!

I really rate him and think he is a perfect fit for the Spurs way!

His first performance in the first team recently showed what a good player he is, with a very good assist, and the way he seemlessly adapted to the pace. Sure, he got booked but that showed that he still has his competitive edge. Contrast his return with that of Danny Rose..... just how i see it.

3 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

His first performance in the first team recently showed what a good player he is, with a very good assist, and the way he seemlessly adapted to the pace. Sure, he got booked but that showed that he still has his competitive edge. Contrast his return with that of Danny Rose..... just how i see it.

Time will tell my friend time will tell

25 minutes ago, TC1000 said:

All this talk about the MU move is not doing Rose any good. If he can't focus on playing for us, let him go.

The fact that Poch is not bothering to give him much game time since returning from injury suggests to me it is already a done deal. I for one wouldn't be surprised to see coming to us in a swop deal.

COYS

35 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

The fact that Poch is not bothering to give him much game time since returning from injury suggests to me it is already a done deal. I for one wouldn't be surprised to see coming to us in a swop deal.

COYS

Please please not for luke shaw FGS

58 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS

i don't normally take any notice of articles like these, but the trashy journos very rarely write up something positive if it's not true...

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/12/07/danny-rose-quashes-rumours-another-bust-mauricio-pochettino-after-apoel-nicosia-win

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS

He has played every other game for what now? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? How is that "not bothering to give him much game time"? I think he is Spur until next summer at the earliest. I think we are just seeing Poche's standard operating procedure of swapping out his fullbacks when the fixture list gets congested, especially with Rose's fitness level. He has visibly tired in every match he has started and gone over 80 minutes since he came back.

All I would say is that Roses' name used to always be one of the first pencilled in before his injury and I see no real reason why he should now no longer be first choice for the important games regardless. However, you may be right and I am reading too much into it. But as Tonto says, journos are known to sometimes get things right.

Either of us could be right - we'll just have to wait and see.

COYS

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I see no real reason why he should now no longer be first choice for the important games regardless.

COYS

James, he is not 100% fit yet... As I see it that's all that it is. The Poch rotates his full backs when we are playing twice a week.

My point about the trashy journos was not that they get it right sometimes it was that they like to be controversial and stir/make things up, so I very rarely post links.

Only on  the rare occasions that they do post something positive, that is when I bring it to the attention of others on here.