Neophyte

PL: Liverpool v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Liverpool v Tottenham  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Phew! Last night we played like we know they can. Our four of Kane, Eriksen, Son and Allí, when they turn it on are awesome - the best combination in the EPL. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Liverpool are in for a torrid night. They looked average against Huddersfield and are there for the taking. A win for us.

COYS

4 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Phew! Last night we played like we know they can. Our four of Kane, Eriksen, Son and Allí, when they turn it on are awesome - the best combination in the EPL. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Liverpool are in for a torrid night. They looked average against Huddersfield and are there for the taking. A win for us.

COYS

I want you to be right but I'm still concerned. They are different club at Anfield and that place has been a house of horrors for us. Form seems not to matter when we go there.

I hope for a win but...

If only we could expect the same level of performance as that against United. Don't like to acknowledge it but the 11 Second goal gave us the confidence for this absolute excellent performance.

Gone for a win because Liverpool didn't bother strengthening the team and our Top players must all be believing in themselves again.

Dele playing like he wants to be an 100 Million Transfer again!!!!!!

My XI for this match...

Lloris

Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies

Dier, Dembele

Eriksen, Dele, Son

Kane

From what I read Toby and Rose are not yet match fit enough to in this game. While I worry about their pace up front, I think if we boss the midfield like we did against Man U then there won't be anyone to feed that front line the ball.

for reasons already mentioned I'd like to see a 3-1-4-1-1.

Aurier/Sanchez/Verts:  Dier: Trips/Dele/Eriksen/Davies. Son: Kane:

Double up on both flanks. Push their wide-men back and have a group that can be more defensive (closing down) on both sides when out of possession but able to be effective when in possession!

A win against LFC and we are back in the top 4 where we deserve to be. Let’s hope that we can create the number of chances as against MU but score them! We need H to hit  that 100 goals and pressure will be off him and he can start to pass if someone is in a better position. Good luck H and stay with us. 

COYS X

I expect Liverpool to press high so playing the ball from the back may be difficult. If we have to play the ball long, i would put Sissoko up with Kane and Dele team up with Son.

Lloris

Aurier Sanchez Jan Davies

Eriksen Sissoko Dier

Dele     Son 

Kane       

I don't expect a gift from Dier but as expected we spent 45 min struggling to play the ball from the back.

Dembele is playing better than Dier so I would replace Dier with Sissoko. Just play the ball long. Lorven is playing on right CB. That's where the weakness is. Kane and Dele should target Lovren while Son and Sissoko play on the right flank. 

Individually we are not playing great. As a team we look as though we can win this game. Very competitive and Spurs holding their own. 

We have to win this. 4th place means we have to win every week to keep the pressure on Arsenal.Liverpool and Chelsea. Big, Big second half.

I have been through the ringer over the last couple of hours. I cannot remember ever a finish like this game. Euphoria when we got the1st penalty, despair when Harry missed, feeling sick when Salah scored, euphoric again when awarded a 2nd penalty, on the edge of my seat with my stomach churning during the discussion between the ref and linesman waiting to see which way the decision would go,  then deep apprehensive waiting for Harry to take the spot kick and finally utter relief when he scored. Minutes later a feeling of disappointment as it sunk in we hadn't got the win I separately craved for. 

I am going to have to hibernate for the rest of the season, I can't take any more of this frenzied emotion.

COYS

If I have to be critical of anyone it would have to be Lloris.

He didn't need to head that ball out of play that led to their 2nd goal.

He should have left it go out of play,but in the heat of the moment he did what he thought was right.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!!

First half and Diers contribution is best forgot about. Second half was so much more like we actually wanted to win.  Some stupid stuff I could moan about but let' not, let us savour Victors superb strike and heading home with a well deserved point.  COYS. 

4 hours ago, Neophyte said:

Tale of two halves. Fair result.

Can't believe no one is talking about that thunderbolt from Wanyama less than a minute after being introduced. Gods have we missed him.

Ya sure nobody mentioned Wany? lol

Btw can't believe nobody is talking about Harry's 100th goal!!!!

Errrr.... maybe fact is a bit overshadowed by very suspicious decisions. Hmmm...? Anyway, we draw and although I often bring out the influence of the betting-mafia in football and the corruption of the ref and linesmen, I'm happy they were bribed in our favor yesterday! Hope we can get the same linesman when we play against the wankers.