FAC: TOTTENHAM v Newport County

Tottenham v Newpark  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Llorente = Soldado Mk2.

Have we ever had a decent/successful Spaniard at Spurs? How about David Semen's (sic) best mate - Nayim [from the half way line]

Maybe we should stick to Belgians and English!

Why oh why are we still playing Sissoko? In matches such as these, by all means give some game time for those who are usually on the bench or even in the academy, Sissoko is taking the place of a more deserving player. When he gets in shooting range the only danger is for the corner flags who duck.

COYS

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Why oh why are we still playing Sissoko? In matches such as these, by all means give some game time for those who are usually on the bench or even in the academy, Sissoko is taking the place of a more deserving player. When he gets in shooting range the only danger is for the corner flags who duck.

COYS

Did you not see the first goal James ?

Credit where its due. A little churlish to give him so much stick when he has made a major contribution. We were struggling to breakthrough at the time he 'assisted'

36 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

Did you not see the first goal James ?

Credit where its due. A little churlish to give him so much stick when he has made a major contribution. We were struggling to breakthrough at the time he 'assisted'

The day I give credit to a misdirected pass that created a fluke goal as a major contribution to the game will never come. Did you see his attempted shot on goal? During the game his performance was so far below that of Son, Llamella, Toby, Rose, Eriksen and Alli's contribution in the two ratings I saw on his performance was only 3! Even Levante got a 4.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on his ability. I maintain my position that despite being good enough for the lower regions in the EPL, for me he falls well short of playing for a genuine top 4 club. 

Passing an opinion on his usefulness to the team I would hardly see as churlish. For me I was simply pointing out that imo he is not good enough for Spurs. I think the same of Levante. That is not criticising him as a player but pointing out he is now not good enough to be part of our squad if we are to become a genuine top team in Europe.

As I say, not churlish but but making an opinion. 

COYS

4 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Foyth is turning into a decent player. We need to hang on to him I think.

Having watched him in the games he's played so far,I see him moving into a midfield player.

At the moment he doesn't look physically big enough to be a centre back.

He has a calmness and very good skill,I think he'd be ideal as a defensive midfielder.

I agree. He puts the effort in and gets stuck in. What I don't see is an end product to his involvement. To me, he just seems to be out of his depth playing alongside top players. I struggle to think of any game when he was given the sort of plaudits like those heaped on Harry, Dele, Toby, Danny, Verts, Christian, Hugo etc. 

We will need to improve our squad for next season to continue our quest to be a permanent elite European club. I feel he is one to be replaced.

Of course that is just my view. On here it appears to me that many think along similar lines but also some who see more in him than we do. It is not a case of who is right or wrong, but just different perspectives with people expressing views.

COYS

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

The day I give credit to a misdirected pass that created a fluke goal as a major contribution to the game will never come.

So that applies to Trippier as well, for a similar cross that produced an own goal against manu ?

I am not saying that he is contributing as much as others in the team at the moment, but I repeat credit where it's due.

Ungracious to not acknowledge that he does put in the effort and certainly performed and contributed more than Llorente.

As you say, we all are entitled to our own opinions.

I remember having similar disagreements of opinion with Boredin, and I certainly wouldn't expect you to change your mind after reading my posts.

Vive le difference, but most of all COYS.

I still have 100% faith and trust in The Poch.

30 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

So that applies to Trippier as well, for a similar cross that produced an own goal against manu ?

I am not saying that he is contributing as much as others in the team at the moment, but I repeat credit where it's due.

Ungracious to not acknowledge that he does put in the effort and certainly performed and contributed more than Llorente.

As you say, we all are entitled to our own opinions.

I remember having similar disagreements of opinion with Boredin, and I certainly wouldn't expect you to change your mind after reading my posts.

Vive le difference, but most of all COYS.

I still have 100% faith and trust in The Poch.

As do I.

COYS

12 minutes ago, TC1000 said:

Foyth is comfortable with the ball but still needs a lot of works and game experiences to improve his defending.

He does seem to be improving with each game...

So pleased for Lamela as well. He has obviously been working really hard to get back to fitness, and took his goal really well.

Let's not forget, he was written off by a few during his absence.

I'm a Lamela supporter, but let's get real, we are talking about Newport. But I still hope Lammy will come good. Tbh Moura isn't really a competitor, cause he can also start on the left flank and that gives Poch more options. If Son is strongly injured, he comes up my mind as first choice to replace him. The only thing that bothers me is Moura is not match fit yet!

For THFC Sissoko has been poor to say the least and the added frustration for me is his demeanour! The boy looks like his not bothered and has a 4 year 4.5mill a year contract that will take him close to 30+ and that will do thank you very much!

Did anyone see him smiling after his pathetic (non-concentrating, second gear brain) effort against Newport! With Toby, Winksy back in the frame I'm hoping this is the last we see of Sissoko in any meaningful game before we get rid in the Summer!

Edited by Royce 71
error

I'm not sure which position suits Lamela. His team mates probably don't know either. The past two games when he played he tried to be fancy with the ball. I don't want see him showboating like Neymar. Poch put a lot of faith in him but he need to put in some solid performances to convince Levy and others.

Dele had a little dip in form this season. Lamela should play harder and try to compete Dele.