Neophyte

CL: Juventus v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Juventus v Tottenham  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Yet another proud performance from Poch and the lads. Even though I think we will nick the win at Wembley a 0-0, 1-1 will be good enough which can only give the boys a relaxed (not to much) confidence.

On a slightly negative note! Can anyone explain to me the purpose of Lamela? Also! Said it 3 months back........Aurier defends like a school boy playing at grassroots level!

Fantastic result! Onwards and upwards. Last 8 of the FA and CL, cup, then 4 and.......you never know, plus a positive 10-11 game push for top 3!

SO PROUD!

Immense, totally immense from the majority on the pitch. Dembele and Eriksen  especially brilliant. Would have taken 2-2 before game but thought we could have won it. Aurier and Dier were again bloody too relaxed and nonchalant but what a heartwarming performance after Saturday.  Just brilliant.  Toby to be back for the home match. Could be a very exciting 3 1/2 months. Hope so. COYS 

Bt sport fails. I take action and go to pub (with my 8 yr old, wife insisted - so not necessarily bad parenting on my part!)

We're 1-0 down before I make that decision & 2 down before I leave....

I love how good Spurs have become that I still want to go to the pub at this stage. We were so good for the remainder of the first half (excluding the serge brain malfunction). 

Second half Juve were better but we didn't give up and we're still very threatening. the Dane put away that free kick (his corners & free kicks are his only downfall normally) & We're all happy with a 2-2 right ? 

Great performance, Dembele was so very good and Lloris made vital saves. 

Been a wonderful month or 2 for us and I'm hoping we can relax and enjoy the FA cup game this weekend. 

Coys 

Had to make do with listening on the radio whilst out for a family meal. The Mrs wasn't too impressed with my sulk in the first 15 minutes and even more displeased when I shouted out in celebration as each of our 2 goals went in. OK, so it was a rather nice restaurant and I did get some disapproving looks from the other punters.

From what I heard and have read since getting home, The Moose had another commanding performance and the only negative was Serge [again!]. Really want to like the guy, but time and again he does something rash. He has the ability and potential to be better than Tripps, but for me, currently Tripps offers a more stable option.

The game finished with me feeling slightly disappointed. After Eriksen's goal, Juventus looked shell shocked and there for the taking. The crowd were quiet and Juve started to get deeper and deeper. They were worried, but we stopped playing.

All in all, a fantastic night and an amazing game, making us slight favourites to get to the quarter finals.

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

The game finished with me feeling slightly disappointed. After Eriksen's goal, Juventus looked shell shocked and there for the taking. The crowd were quiet and Juve started to get deeper and deeper. They were worried, but we stopped playing.

All in all, a fantastic night and an amazing game, making us slight favourites to get to the quarter finals.

What character. COYS

14 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

Yet another proud performance from Poch and the lads. Even though I think we will nick the win at Wembley a 0-0, 1-1 will be good enough which can only give the boys a relaxed (not to much) confidence.

On a slightly negative note! Can anyone explain to me the purpose of Lamela? Also! Said it 3 months back........Aurier defends like a school boy playing at grassroots level!

Fantastic result! Onwards and upwards. Last 8 of the FA and CL, cup, then 4 and.......you never know, plus a positive 10-11 game push for top 3!

SO PROUD!

Yes, Lammy needs improvement, but leave the boy alone. He just came back from a heavy injury, but has already scored in last weeks match. IMO he also played part in Eriksens freekick, cause he irritated Buffon who thought Lamela could bring the ball to his left. So if you watch the replay you will see that Buffon stepped to his left, before Eriksen shooted. Let him adjust to the big games. There are many matches to come and we have to relay on to every player we have. Lamela might not made it and maybe missed his chance to become a key player for us and if he doesn‘t perform well, Moura is waiting to replace him. But that will turn out in summer and until the sessons not over its unfair to judge him at the moment. 

Aurier actually played much better defensively after his booking (apartb from the pen), but he misses the home match anyway.....

I thought picking Lamela was the right decision, there is no way that Son would have worked as hard at closing down, and also support the attacks.

Really pleased for the guy after his his awful injured period.

Defence was a bit flaky early on, but improved.

looking good for the 2nd leg.

Now back to the PL and FA Cup.......

2 hours ago, Spurfect said:

Yes, Lammy needs improvement, but leave the boy alone. He just came back from a heavy injury, but has already scored in last weeks match. IMO he also played part in Eriksens freekick, cause he irritated Buffon who thought Lamela could bring the ball to his left. So if you watch the replay you will see that Buffon stepped to his left, before Eriksen shooted. Let him adjust to the big games. There are many matches to come and we have to relay on to every player we have. Lamela might not made it and maybe missed his chance to become a key player for us and if he doesn‘t perform well, Moura is waiting to replace him. But that will turn out in summer and until the sessons not over its unfair to judge him at the moment. 

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree regards Lamela. For me he is and always has been a show-pony but because he plays for Us I want you to be right Spurfect and we see him become an integral part of out squad and future success.            But I doubt it!

I feel it is an important time for him to come good, as Son seems a bit off his game at present. maybe he has a knock that he is carrying, also Son's decision making is not so good at present...

Not a good game defensively. Aurier and Davies conceded the PKs. They are put in difficult situation. Aurier had to chase down Costa because Sanchez misjudged the ball.  Overall I think the team got the job done from played some tough games recently. Hopefully we can benefit from the away goal advantage in the 2nd leg.

I can see what Lamela is trying to do. He is playing the ball in very tight space. He had a tough time keeping the ball for more than 2 sec. At least he put his effort in and not doing fancy football tricks.

49 minutes ago, TC1000 said:

Not a good game defensively. Aurier and Davies conceded the PKs. They are put in difficult situation. Aurier had to chase down Costa because Sanchez misjudged the ball.  Overall I think the team got the job done from played some tough games recently. Hopefully we can benefit from the away goal advantage in the 2nd leg.

I can see what Lamela is trying to do. He is playing the ball in very tight space. He had a tough time keeping the ball for more than 2 sec. At least he put his effort in and not doing fancy football tricks.

I've always liked him, especially for his endeavour. he hunts the ball down, doesn't just wait for it like sissoko, who then just gets rid as soon as poss.....and Coco is never afraid to try something.

14 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree regards Lamela. For me he is and always has been a show-pony but because he plays for Us I want you to be right Spurfect and we see him become an integral part of out squad and future success.            But I doubt it!

We‘ll see buddy ;)

11 hours ago, TC1000 said:

Thx TC. Every mentions Aurier, but Ben also had an absolut blackout and his defensive work looked clumsy that led to the penalty, but the rest of the match he looked solid and he really grow into his position over the weeks and we haven‘t missed Rose. Yes, they made mistes but at the end of the day it was a great Team perormance and MOM is Verts to me. Absolutely underrated!

I'm gonna stick up for Dier. I can't disagree that he has been prone to a few costly errors but the boy is integral to how we play and as a result of that he has started and played (I think?)95% of all of our games in all comps this season. Wanyama is awesome but Dier allows our full-backs to transfer into wing-backs as an when by dropping either into central defence or the right-back position when this happens and he has been called upon more this campaign due to Toby's and Victor's absents.

I think we might see (when TA returns) a back 5 with Wanyama taking Dier's place in the EPL and CL. The boy to me looks slightly off the pace because of the arduous season he has had.