Neophyte

FAC: Rochdale v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Rochdale v Tottenham  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Will be interesting to see the starting 11!

I fancy.....Vorm: Kwp/Foyth/Toby or CV/Rose. Wanyama: Sissoko/Winks/Dele: Son/Llorente.

Bench: Gazza/Dier/Verts/Kane/Aurier/Eriksen/Moura.

Taking the pitch in to consideration, lets keep going long to Llorente and hope Dele/Son and Winksy can do something with the knockdowns! I don't care how we win this, just win it!

COYS!

13 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Lamela for Eriksen and that’s fine.  Surely our Great Dane deserves a rest after Turin.  

No midweek game for the next two weeks so everyone gets a rest next week. :-)

Honestly, the only reason I didn't put Lamela in for Eriksen is that Poche seems unwilling to play him that much yet.

Some players wont want to rest. the Kane will want to keep scoring, and also others need to get their sharpness back after lay offs.

Vorm/Gazza,

Trips, Foyth, Toby, Rose

Wanyama Winks

Lucas Lamela Son/Sissoko

Llorente

subs Dier, KWP, Kane, Aurier, plus a young player or two  ?

Play the strongest side available and get it done. Let Kane play, so he can add to his goals tally - he thrives on the confidence he gets from scoring and so do the rest of the team!

Rochdale have a brand new pitch, so there should be no problems in that regard.

Like TC I don't mind what line up we have. I agree with other posts about us having plenty of time off before the next match but equally the squad players will expect run outs in games like this. 

I suppose if other countries have winter breaks then we should use these opportunities to rest our best players. I'm certain Kane needs time off.

Gazza

kwp-foyth-toby-rose

wany - winks

son-moura-dele

llorente

Eventually taking the lead in the 88th minute, and giving them a replay  a few minutes later- totally unprofessional. We expect so much better. I don' want to sound like a broken record but again could someone out there please tell me what the f--k is sissokos role out there on that pitch. Please no-one state that he done OK. He is abysmal. Not a clue, clueless.  I fear that without dembele and eriksen being the spark plugs, our engine malfunctions . What a serious headache we now have with a stupid replay over complete unprofessional attitudes.  F--ki-g raging. 

Sissoko's role is to provide the assist that put Moura through to score the first goal.

We should've won the game if we put a professional striker on the pitch. Son should score goals with his chances as well. Individual mistakes by Winks and Toby led to the goals we conceded.

Llorente is the worst player out there. He have zero confidence in front of the goal. Every time he got the ball he tried to lay it off to other player.

I'm confident that we will win the replay as long as we don't play Llorente. With a fully fit squad we can rotate some players.

Sissoko was NOT the issue today. Rage against him if you want but he played a solid to good game and was no where near the bottom of the Spurs out there.

Wanyama and Winks both look very rusty and were very wasteful in possession.

Toby looked no better than Foyth, who I thought played well for his age and lack of English experience.

Llorente might be a solid striker for someone who plays a game more suited to his talents but he is not for Spurs. Too slow and, if I am honest, too lazy.

For Spurs it seems the striker sets the tone. Was I alone in believing the whole side raised their intensity and work rate when Kane came on the pitch? Prior it felt like everyone was playing down to Llorente's easy going demeanor but when Kane entered it was suddenly all business.

Fair play to Rochdale! Wanted to win it much more. 90 mins WORK. I laugh sometimes when I use that word with football.  I would gladly swap with some of them tomorrow morning at 6 am.  I mentioned earlier to someone that if our spark plugs, dembele and eriksen are not working, our engine malfunctions.  We still have far too many OK players. 

Before I say anything, yes we should have disposed of a club down the bottom of league 1 no matter what!

However, Wait for it Asc3...... I blame Poch today. To many changes with players who probably combined have less playing minutes than either Eriksen or Kane put together, along with a debut for another and playing Llorente but not playing to his strengths. Plus Sonny (our only regular starter along with Trips who I thought done well) was off form. This coupled with Rochdale at home with nothing to lose and every player wanting to put themselves in the shop window for me is why we only drew the game.

I guarantee we see Dele, Eriksen and Kane start in the replay!

We needed a striker in winter, but our scouts have the knowledge of a shoe box. They can wipe their ass with Llorente and Janssen too. Batshuayi would have been miles better and had scored more goals than both of them together. Fart heads!