Neophyte

Brighton & Hove Albion v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Brighten v Tottenham  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Cmon then.....lets have all the excuses of how after the best season we have had for decades. We are fighting for 3/4 place. Are unlikely to beat Utd and Chelsea to win the FA Cup. 

Unusually instead of a mediocre team with one star Bale,Modric,Klinsmann,Van De Vaart ...... We have a squad with world Class and European Class players eeeeeeee if only we had a manager to get the consistent best out of them!!!!!

Perspnally I am happy but had hoped we really had made the step up. Let's hope we avoid the transfer window....

Feeling numb after another disappointing result. If it wasn't Liverpool we were battling with for 3rd it would be easier to take. Aurier is turning out to be a liability.

Oh well! onwards and upwards. Fingers crossed that we can put this behind us for Saturday's game.

COYS

All of the regular starting players are poorly today. The bright spot is Wanyama and Toby.

I think Poch have to consider putting Toby in the starting 11 against MU. We will play 3 at the back with Trippier and Davies.

I may even go with Wanyama and Dier in midfield. Use them to win the ball back. We will have to rely on the trio Kane, Dele, and Eriksen for goals.

13 minutes ago, coleraine spurs said:

I somewhat disagree with the world class tag- world class DO NOT draw with Brighton.  Erikson did not play well tonight therefore we were clueless, he had no one to pass to.

And the Manager picks them, picks tactics, plays them and leave them on the pitch.... If he glories in his vary inflated Contract and reputation why do we hear little when we revert to Spursy!!!!

Poor prep for Saturday! Lets hope we get our arses into gear by then.

Would like to see a back 3 now Toby is playing again.

Sanchez/Toby/Verts. Wanyama in front with a back 3. Trips and Davies as Wing-backs. Dele/Eriksen/Son. Harry.

or if a flat back 4, Dier and Dembele  for Sanchez and Wanyama.  Dier with a 4, Wanyama with a 3 for me!

If all fit it will be one or the other I think?

Not great!

The players showed no energy or real desire. I think we missed Dele.

Son and Sissoko were poor - their first touch is invariably poor.

Eriksen was not himself.

It looked like 1-1 was an acceptable score for them (and Poch).

We have not been at the races for the last 3 games - it bodes badly for the weekend, unless we can rediscover our spark.

Three other things I noted:-

1. The whole team were slipping and sliding in the first half but nothing was done at half time to alleviate the problem. 

2. The referee made sure it was a draw with his ridiculous actions in injury time - first, by strolling over to check the ball was in the D and then stopping the game for at least 30 seconds but blowing the final whistle at 93m 06s.

3. Poch was too late with his substitutions.

Poor refereeing is certainly a factor. How come we didn't get a penalty when The Dane was blatantly pushed over as he tried to get past Dunk (or whoever it was...) ?

Excellent work by Sonny and The Kane for the goal, very unlucky to have the penalty given against us.

I can't remember a game where we gave the ball away so much... Very odd, even The Dane was guilty of it, and Dembers when he came on.

To be fair to Brighton, 'Charmer' set them up very well against us and were at us for the whole game.

Good to see Toby back (almost to his best)

Suck it up and focus on mancs II on saturday.

4 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

Poor refereeing is certainly a factor. How come we didn't get a penalty when The Dane was blatantly pushed over as he tried to get past Dunk (or whoever it was...) ?

Excellent work by Sonny and The Kane for the goal, very unlucky to have the penalty given against us.

I can't remember a game where we gave the ball away so much... Very odd, even The Dane was guilty of it, and Dembers when he came on.

To be fair to Brighton, 'Charmer' set them up very well against us and were at us for the whole game.

Good to see Toby back (almost to his best)

Suck it up and focus on mancs II on saturday.

Moura was also fouled in the box by Bruno - not a mention made of it either during or after the match!

Having thought about this match now for nearly 20 hours I think we are missing Winks in the worst way. Sissoko didn't have a poor game but he also didn't have a good game. The Winks who played the Madrid matches would have made a huge difference here and would have been much more of a like for like change for Dembele. Like Mousa, Winks would have done a good job of forward passing, driving through the mid-field with possession, and distribution. It would have allowed Eriksen to work further forward.

I don't have an issue with the rotation otherwise and honestly believe the team we put yesterday wins 9 of 10 against BHA whether home, away or on neutral ground.

18 hours ago, coleraine spurs said:

I somewhat disagree with the world class tag- world class DO NOT draw with Brighton.  Erikson did not play well tonight therefore we were clueless, he had no one to pass to.

It was as though they were playing together for the 1st time. Passing to players who were running in complete different direction or not moving at all! 

It's not the first time we have come short against a packed defense. NO CREATIVITY.