Spurs Web
Neophyte

FAC: Manchester United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (Semi-Final)

Man U v Tottenham  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Good bye hopes and dreams! The last 3 matches proof we are not ready yet. We have a great team, but a team which is not able to hold and lead a result. Thats a very sad story. Cause I'm starting to lose my faith in Poch. First Juve, then Brighton and now Manstruated!

Harry wanted to stay if we win a trophy. Maybe he will change his mind now. So as Christian and Alli. Maybe they will stay for one more year to play the new ground next season. But maybe as opponents, cause money is tempting the lads and as we all know, some clubs  spend money for fun! I can not believe what has happened. I was sure we will lose against Shitty after they fall out from the CL to calm down the temper and sorry to say that, but it would have been a real surprise if we had won. 

The only positives I can see is that Liverpool also draw and will hopefully struggle with the double burden. Also because their have to handle their injury problems in defense. Today was a good example for that. Chelsea will probably win the FA Cup, so hopefully they will also lose some of the important points in the PL but Chelsea is on track again and not far behind. We need points from the must wins, so C - O - Y - S! 

CAN YOU HERE ME BOYS? Let off your fancy hairstyles and fashion fetish, get your shit together. Listen to some hardcore Rap and forget Justin Bieber in the dressing room, for god's sake!!!

Cause otherwise we will lose our CL spot to Chelsea. Not again, please. Not again. I'm trembling, don't play with my heart... 

I'm dying

beeeeeeeeeeep......................

Two seasons ago we were using phrases such as,  flattering to deceive, false dawns and Spursey. I thought they had become history. Following our last 3 results, I am wondering whether we have been premature dropping them. We seem to be back saying, "Next season we will....... At the start of this season, Pep accused this club of being a one man team meaning Kane. Well he may have been right but named the wrong man  as we are looking a one man team but that man is Eriksen. Not winning silverware may not be such a big deal to Poch but it is to us fans and, more importantly, to players.  Losing today raises the ugly head of Erikson following Walker's example of chasing medals (he has won 2 already). With the outstanding displays from Eriksen, the big clubs are likely to come after him offering big wages. If he goes and no real talent comes in, a top 4 finish next seasons with 5 other clubs competing with us, it will be tough task.

We started the season with high hopes of a significant improvement. 4th place and no silverware, at best suggests we have stood still. Keeping our best players and attracting in genuine talent, it pains me to say, is beginning to look more like hope than a certainty at the moment.

COYS

We were the better team in the first 20 to 25 minutes after that it was typical of this team, (and it is the best we've had since the early  to mid 80's) to fall at the last hurdle.  In all honesty did anyone think we were  going to go on and win this game once utd scored their 2nd?

49 minutes ago, nearlyscotsspur said:

We were the better team in the first 20 to 25 minutes after that it was typical of this team, (and it is the best we've had since the early  to mid 80's) to fall at the last hurdle.  In all honesty did anyone think we were  going to go on and win this game once utd scored their 2nd?

As soon as they scored their second I said to my wife, "That's it we won't win now."  Not that she was that interested sat there reading. My stomach started churning and I just knew we were going to lose.

COYS

11 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

As soon as they scored their second I said to my wife, "That's it we won't win now."  Not that she was that interested sat there reading. My stomach started churning and I just knew we were going to lose.

COYS

Kin hell james u must have bin in the same living room as me

Another season gone without asny glory. Now that is ten years, quite sometime to wait. We need to have a twenty two strong squad for us to see any glory. At present, best we have is about fifteen/sixteen, the rest are fringe players. There are some supporters that are happy for us getting top four every season and no rrophies, I am  one supporter who wants us to win trophies and titles, this cannot happen with a limited squad of players. Furrther investment into the squad is the only way forward. maybe it is time for Levy and ENNIC to sell up.

8 hours ago, TC1000 said:

It's a game to forget. To move forward I would probably sell Rose, Lamela, Dembele, Toby, Vorm, Llorente, Sissoko. None of them are young. We need some new blood.

I agree with the above. But "none of them are young". Is that not the problem. Yesterdays defeat. in my opinion was down to lake of experience and guile. We weren't able to compete with Matic, Pogba or Herrera. Dembele not at his best. Dier to slow for top 3 team. If we are going to play with an engine room of 2, they need to be WORLD CLASS.

Gutted about yesterday, especially having to listen to the fucking pundits!

That said, I STILL think that a top4 finish this season makes it a success. We will also finish as top London club and we got the Stamford Bridge monkey off our backs. 

I don’t expect much better next season as we bed in to the new stadium but after that just watch us go!!!!

COYS

40 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Gutted about yesterday, especially having to listen to the fucking pundits!

That said, I STILL think that a top4 finish this season makes it a success. We will also finish as top London club and we got the Stamford Bridge monkey off our backs. 

I don’t expect much better next season as we bed in to the new stadium but after that just watch us go!!!!

COYS

Success without anything to show for???

18 hours ago, nearlyscotsspur said:

Kin hell james u must have bin in the same living room as me

I am gutted beyond words. Same old same old. We bossed the opening 20/25 minutes and the goal  was fab but I kept thinking we looked off, and laboured. Harry didn't look fit. Son had a shocker. Same as you, second goal went in and I couldn't see us coming back in , OK 90 mins, 97 minutes, we could've played 997 minutes and not scored. I have to question Poch saying fa cup isn't important blah blah. Could you imagine fergie or Jose saying that??? Would I really tell my kids at exam time "oh it doesn't matter how you do...". No you bloody try as hard as possible because actually winning means something. I sat in a pub full of ( mostly) Man U fans and left before the end .... To be honest couldn't face looking at the players social media and even on here till now cos I'm still angry and fed up. Grrrrr 

I did not post directly after the result because I felt much like everyone else. Hugely pissed-off!

Now I'm posting 24 hours later I want to take a look at the bigger THFC picture and to prevent (for every one's sake) a marathon (topical. see what I did there!) post I,ll bullet-point....

• Poch came to a regular top 7 side in 14/15 season.
  • Granted that had seen some progress achieving CL qualification.
  • Never-the-less he came to a club in minor turmoil.
  • In for seasons he has built an ethos and playing style we can and should be proud of.
  • Best Spurs squad in 2 decades.
  • Considering in terms of finance.....
  • Next season will see our 3rd CL campaign under Poch.
  • Two FA Cup semi-finals.
  • A collective unity (3rd full season together) among 80% of the squad.
  • I'm convinced had we been at the Lane this season we would be where Utd are in the league and closer to City than them!
  • Enic has assured us the money is there for Poch to keep the players he wants to keep.
  • Those players will be plying their trade in one of, if not the most advanced/impressive football stadia in the world.
  • This once again will match our state of the art training ground.
  • All of the above imo will see Lloris/Harry/Eriksen/Dele/Son/Verts/Wanyama and 50% of the rest wearing the lilywhite for 18/19.
  • Has Poch improved us as a club? Will we continue to progress as a club under him and with the backing of Enic?
  • Too right we will and I think DL has something up his sleeve (American Investment) to make sure we do!
  • I'm not talking the likes of a "Country" funded City, but enough to season in, season out challenge for the top honours.
  • Not a bad progression for a second tier club 4 years ago!

COYS!

I don't think they want to us to win FA cup. Look at the previous rounds they nitpick everything using VAR. They even ruled out one of our goals incorrectly. They didn't use VAR at all yesterday. They won't even bother to pretend reviewing MU's 1st goal. Did Pogba shove Dembele off using his arm? Should Hererra get booked for grabbing Dele's foot in the 1st half?

What are the odds that CL's final four are four different countries?

14 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

I did not post directly after the result because I felt much like everyone else. Hugely pissed-off!

Now I'm posting 24 hours later I want to take a look at the bigger THFC picture and to prevent (for every one's sake) a marathon (topical. see what I did there!) post I,ll bullet-point....

• Poch came to a regular top 7 side in 14/15 season.
  • Granted that had seen some progress achieving CL qualification.
  • Never-the-less he came to a club in minor turmoil.
  • In for seasons he has built an ethos and playing style we can and should be proud of.
  • Best Spurs squad in 2 decades.
  • Considering in terms of finance.....
  • Next season will see our 3rd CL campaign under Poch.
  • Two FA Cup semi-finals.
  • A collective unity (3rd full season together) among 80% of the squad.
  • I'm convinced had we been at the Lane this season we would be where Utd are in the league and closer to City than them!
  • Enic has assured us the money is there for Poch to keep the players he wants to keep.
  • Those players will be plying their trade in one of, if not the most advanced/impressive football stadia in the world.
  • This once again will match our state of the art training ground.
  • All of the above imo will see Lloris/Harry/Eriksen/Dele/Son/Verts/Wanyama and 50% of the rest wearing the lilywhite for 18/19.
  • Has Poch improved us as a club? Will we continue to progress as a club under him and with the backing of Enic?
  • Too right we will and I think DL has something up his sleeve (American Investment) to make sure we do!
  • I'm not talking the likes of a "Country" funded City, but enough to season in, season out challenge for the top honours.
  • Not a bad progression for a second tier club 4 years ago!

COYS!

Very insightful Royce.

One bad result doesn't mean that we have 'major problems' as Jamie Redknappy has mentioned .

These pathetic failed ex players who all think they know everything about everything get on my nerves.

Sure it's disappointing to have lost a semi after being 1-0 up, but anybody that's played football knows, you just have to bounce back.

DL and The Poch have got us here, and we are close to making another big step with the new stadium. that will be a fortress and where we will start bringing the trophies back to again.

Here's a thing as well, even Glenn Hoddle has also been having a dig, and he got us to a semi final and final and lost........ ironic, or hypocritical ?

Surely there is some achievement in getting to a semi two years running /

it used to be called consistency, now we're 'Bridesmaids' apparently.

5 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

I believe we will win under poch,,mr levy now needs to back poch with player investment,,,,but anyway it took Alex Ferguson 5 years to win at Man Utd and it was 7 years before he won the league ,,,so on that basis poch is on target ,,,,

Great Point Mr8ball!

As always, there is a wide range of opinions in our fairly small group.

So, I don't think it can ever be said that it is easy (for THFC et al) to please everybody...

It was always like this when I had a season ticket, surrounded by all kinds of 'supporters'...

Some of them were always moaning, nothing ever good enough, all shite when we lost, and just competent when we won.

That was in the 90s culminating in the FA Cup win against Nottm Forest, which followed on from St Hotspur Day, 3-1 semi win against woolwich....

In the 80s, I was on the shelf, more knowlegdeable there, more glory, more pleasure as well.....

This team is better and I also believe that The Poch is a better coach, and manager.

We'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Tonto911 said:

As always, there is a wide range of opinions in our fairly small group.

So, I don't think it can ever be said that it is easy (for THFC et al) to please everybody...

It was always like this when I had a season ticket, surrounded by all kinds of 'supporters'...

Some of them were always moaning, nothing ever good enough, all shite when we lost, and just competent when we won.

That was in the 90s culminating in the FA Cup win against Nottm Forest, which followed on from St Hotspur Day, 3-1 semi win against woolwich....

In the 80s, I was on the shelf, more knowlegdeable there, more glory, more pleasure as well.....

This team is better and I also believe that The Poch is a better coach, and manager.

We'll be fine.

At least you weren't on Paxton lol