Spurs Web
Jamesinashby

REALITY CHECK

It may a bit early to start this conversation with 5 EPL games and possibly 2 FA games culminating in winning a cup, but I feel we have seen enough of this squad to decide whether it comes anywhere near to be considered good enough to be deemed a top European club as opposed to a run of the mill top 4 EPL club. Are we letting our love for the club and desire to become a top European club cloud our views? Do we really have any top world class players or are our best very,very good but not alongside the world greats? If not, how short are we and do we realistically believe we can actually attract them to come to our club? Who needs to stay, who needs to go and who needs to come in?

Where do you see us next season and how are we to get there? What are your views.

COYS

4 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

It may a bit early to start this conversation with 5 EPL games and possibly 2 FA games culminating in winning a cup, but I feel we have seen enough of this squad to decide whether it comes anywhere near to be considered good enough to be deemed a top European club as opposed to a run of the mill top 4 EPL club. Are we letting our love for the club and desire to become a top European club cloud our views? Do we really have any top world class players or are our best very,very good but not alongside the world greats? If not, how short are we and do we realistically believe we can actually attract them to come to our club? Who needs to stay, who needs to go and who needs to come in?

Where do you see us next season and how are we to get there? What are your views.

COYS

I think this is a little premature tbh. I think we are there, or at least very very close to being there.

If we look at the reality of the situation, we have lost only 2 home league games in 2 years and were rather unlucky to lose to Juventus (yes, unlucky rather than inexperienced or not good enough). We are not as good as Man City, but they managed to lose to Liverpool and Wigan recently. We are every bit as good as Manure and probably the scousers - we are currently significantly better than the Arse or Chelski. Remember that The Arse's wage bill is double ours!

We have had a season away from home and are about to move into what will be the finest stadium in Europe. We may have a few teething problems settling in there, but that is not definite.

As for our players, how many could attract stellar transfer fees right now - I would say Kane, Eriksen and Dele for sure. If we were unloading players, we would also get significant amounts for Son, Toby, Dier (god knows why) and maybe even Dembele.

We have one of the most talked about and respected young managers in Europe.

If we could match the money offered by some of our rivals, then I think plenty of top, young players would choose Spurs over the other sides. Does anyone here think Walker would have left for less money but a chance to win silverware?

I have been following Spurs since the mid-60's and I can tell you now that this is the best time in 50+ years to be a Spurs fan. OK, the Brighton game made me want to get a cat so I could kick it, but then I think of some of the things we have achieved recently - all small victories (like winning at the Bridge & Old Trafford, finishing above the Arse two years running, getting to the CL consistently etc.) but combining to make things pretty damn good at the moment.

Just think about the Real Madrid games - champions of Europe??? - PAH !

6 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I think this is a little premature tbh. I think we are there, or at least very very close to being there.

I have been following Spurs since the mid-60's and I can tell you now that this is the best time in 50+ years to be a Spurs fan. OK, the Brighton game made me want to get a cat so I could kick it, but then I think of some of the things we have achieved recently - all small victories (like winning at the Bridge & Old Trafford, finishing above the Arse two years running, getting to the CL consistently etc.) but combining to make things pretty damn good at the moment.

I started in 1962, saw my first live game in 1964, first FA Cup win in 1967, and most of the Wembley finals since, and THAT semi in 1991, two marvellous European trophy wins at WHL etc etc

The Finale cost me a lot of money, but wow was it worth it...

Like you this is the best and most consistent team that I can remember certainly since Keith Birkenshaw's tenure. We are so close, and the rewards are within reach...

I'm loving it, in a positive way.

Bring it on.

COYS

13 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS

Good Topic James and one we have all touched on throughout! I think you and I in particular have allowed ourselves to view our progress these past 3 years as something bigger than it actually might end up being.  It hurt typing that and its gonna hurt more typing this....... Its all about the money! An although Enic will probably ease the purses strings for 2018/19 and beyond, it ain't gonna be enough!

The only way I can see our beloved club progressing to the heights I think we are talking about is for Enic to sell! Then you and I and everyone else on here will have to sell our soles to the EPL devil and enjoy the ride before our own individual demise. 

Will we burn in hell? Personally considering I am likely to anyway, then I would not mind taking the memory of a EPL and CL Trophy with me!!!

COYS!!

Once again another season where we have progressed but still only 4th and mediocre performances in Europe and the Cups.

i have read other comments about our performance being better than Arsenal and Chelsea. I have the feeling that it is more about their demise than our progress. I also can't shake the belief that when playing Top 6 teams we have a 3 or4 in 10 chance in winning.

Another interesting season ahead where we may get some indication of the owners committment   to making Spurs a permanent Top European Team or lack of aspiration cause our decline to fighting for 4-7 place. 

Our recent increased financial standing and opportunities in the future seem to me go be the ideal time for a change in the Premiership old guard. We Can Be.... A Top Team...but the old Top 6 are going to come back stronger...Will we??????

I'm glad to see you understood the point of the question. Unquestionably, this is the best Spurs team for decades. Burnley and Bournemouth have the best team they have had for decades but that doesn't mean they will progress to being a constantly one of the best in the EPL. For me, though, that doesn't mean is good enough to be considered as a genuine favourite to win trophies such as the EPL or EC. Saying that is in no way a criticism of DL, Enic, Poch or the players. Between them they have achieved massively. In many ways they have over achieved punching above their weight with out the benefit of the cash to buy in the best. We have bought cheaply and made them good players.  The fact that we have players who, if sold would fetch a tidy sum, to me has little bearing on whether they are the best in the world and, in all probability, those figures would appear small compared to that which world class players command, Harry excepted. 

My impression from reading posts on here is that the club, Poch and the players and the fans were behind the plan for Spurs becoming a genuine top class European club. Not only that, with the new stadium, Poch and the loyalty showed by the players, everything appeared to be going to plan. However, if we only finish 4th and fail to bring home the FA cup, does that introduce concerns that we are still on track? If this squad is not good enough to win the EPL next season (considering these days there are 5 other good clubs with the same aspirations and at least 3 of them with much more cash to splash)? Will we be able to keep the half a dozen or so vitally important players? More importantly will we be able to attract and afford the wages of the calibre of player needed to improve the squad?

I have thoroughly enjoyed the these 3 seasons where we have given every indication there is a chance we will be a top European side. However, as there are now 6 clubs in the EPL capable of being top dog, that which was possible 10 plus years ago when usually only 2 teams going for it is now fairly formidable. That being so, I fear that the journey towards our aspirations is becoming more difficult.

Like you, My dream was to do it the DL/Poch way without buying success. At the start of this season, I actually had convinced myself this was possible. Then transfer fees and wages became astronomical and I now realise that only money will buy success. I hate the thought of it, but will have to learn to accept that is the only way.

I feel, despite you and Asc trying to guide me in the right direction, I started to view things through rose coloured spectacles. The only way I see for us to compete with the super rich is to become super rich. My hope is that having the new stadium will actually generate the money needed, we can afford the the transfer fees and the wages. Then my dream will come true. I shall just have to accept we, like those clubs I despise for doing it, will have to buy it. Hopefully, I could be wrong and those who still believe it can be done Poch's way may happen.

If not? Oh well! We will still be a top EPL club and they will always remain a major part in my life.

COYS

6 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Only one club can win the PL each season, so does that mean that 5 clubs are destined to fail every season?

We are already a top European club

Exactly what I believe. Buying expensive players doesn't guarantee that they will make a successful team, and win trophies. I am delighted with the progress that has been made under Enic, DL and now The Poch.

We have had a very good season so far, some amazing football played, some wonderful European nights, and even winning at the chavs, are all worthy of  mention.

The new stadium will be another challenge next season, but I am confident that even post World Cup and the player fatigue from the many THFC players competing also to deal with, that THFC will still have another progressive season.

I can't imagine why anybody would want our club to be sold..... I love it that I now expect us to win every week......

I come to this with a bit of different view owing to my relative youth as a Spurs supporter (if not so young as a human being). I have not suffered through the failures of the past as many of you have, nor, sadly, do I remember the glorious triumphs. I barely knew about Spurs when last we lifted silverware.

Having said that, I see a team this year, who, had they been playing in the safe confines of White Hart Line would more than likely be clearly in the 2nd as I don't think there is anyway we drop 7 points in our first 3 home matches to the likes of Chelsea, Burnley and Swansea. Taking into account our move to Wembley and how much everyone thought that would impact us, I think 4th (and higher is still possible) is an excellent result.

Further, I believe that had someone told any of us in July that we would be missing Wanyama, Winks, Alderweireld and Rose for significant portions of the season, we would all have all taken a CL Round of 16 appearance, an FA Cup Semi appearance and an EPL 4th place finish.

I can't define a "world class player" in words but I believe I know one when I see one and I see several every week in Spurs kit. Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen and Lloris all pass that eye test for me. Throw stones if you want but the truth is that even Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Ramos, Pogba, Aguero, etc have runs of poor form, loose games they shouldn't to teams just like Brighten and sometimes go MIA. No world class player is world class every single match, they are just world class more often than the rest. They are, after all, human too.

The reality I see is that Levy, with recent help from Poch, has successfully taken a perennial mid-table club and made them a top club in a decade. If this were easy we would have seen it with other clubs on a more frequent basis. Just look at West Ham who got handed a new stadium yet are now fighting for their PL lives. Instead, what we have seen is clubs that weren't even regular mid-table clubs with recent relegation adventures on their CV bought by stupidly rich foreign entities, injected with massive amounts of cash, and turned into "big" clubs overnight. We can see how this is beginning to catch up with Chelsea. Our success is built on something deeper and more long lasting. Consider that by the time this is done our club will have constant revenue streams not just from match days in a brand new stadium but also revenue from the NFL, naming rights for that stadium, our own hotel right next to the stadium, other events in the stadium, the new lodge at the training grounds and the growing worldwide fan base which means more kit sales to those fans and bigger sponsorship deals. Once all these revenue streams are settled this club will be in a position that few will be able to rival. No, we aren't there yet but it's coming and we are already seeing the signs.

I don't know that the team can overhaul Man City for top of the PL anytime soon. There is too much money there and it makes a difference over a 38 match season. At least in the immediate future.

I do think this team is a threat to win the CL now and will be next season. Poch is getting better at managing tournaments (which I believe is a different mindset than league) and so he is becoming a force in and of himself. Over a 2 match tie this club can play with any club in the world today.

I am bullish on the future of this club. Granted, I could be totally off base but I think we have not yet seen the best.

18 hours ago, Neophyte said:

I come to this with a bit of different view owing to my relative youth as a Spurs supporter (if not so young as a human being). I have not suffered through the failures of the past as many of you have, nor do I remember the glorious triumphs.

Having said that, I see a team this year, who, had they been playing in the safe confines of White Hart Line would more than likely be clearly in the 2nd as I don't think there is anyway we drop 7 points in our first 3 home matches to the likes of Chelsea, Burnley and Swansea. Taking into account our move to Wembley and how much everyone thought that would impact us, I think 4th (and higher is still possible) is an excellent result.

Further, I believe that had someone told any of us in July that we would be missing Wanyama, Winks, Alderweireld and Rose for significant portions of the season, we would all have all taken a CL Round of 16 appearance, an FA Cup Semi appearance and an EPL 4th place finish.

I can't define a "world class player" in words but I believe I know one when I see one and I see several every week in Spurs kit. Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen and Lloris all pass that eye test for me. Throw stones if you want but the truth is that even Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Ramos, Pogba, Aguero, etc have runs of poor form, loose games they shouldn't and sometimes go MIA. No world class player is world class every single match, they are just world class more often.

The reality I see is that Levy, with recent help from Poch, has successfully taken a perennial mid-table club and made them a top club in a decade. If this were easy we would have seen it with other clubs on a more frequent basis. Instead, what we have seen is clubs that weren't even regular mid-table clubs bought by stupidly rich foreign entities, injected with massive amounts of cash, and turned into "big" clubs overnight. We can see how this is beginning to catch up with Chelsea. Our success is built on something deeper and more long lasting. Consider that by the time this is done our club will have constant revenue streams not just from match day revenue in a brand new stadium but also revenue from the NFL, our own hotel right next to the stadium, other events in the stadium, the new lodge at the training grounds and the growing worldwide fan base. Once all these revenue streams are settled this club will be in a position that few will be able to rival.

I don't know that the team can overhaul Man City for top of the PL anytime soon. There is too much money there and it makes a difference over a 38 match season.

I do think this team is a threat to win the CL now and will be next season. Poch is getting better at managing tournaments (which I believe is a different mindset than league) and so he is becoming a force in and of himself.

I am bullish on the future of this club. Granted, I could be totally off base but I think we have not yet seen the best shortly.

Well written and said. Agree with all of the above save to say that the revenue stream will only really kick in after at least 5 years. In the interim, can we at least win a few secondary trophy's.

THFC have, in the last 3 seasons, enjoyed that which can only be seen as very successful period compared that they have achieved in the EPL era. The only thing missing are the occasional domestic cups. There has been an acceptable level of consistency resulting in 3 consecutive top 4 finishes. In addition, throughout the season there has always been a reasonable chance of success in winning something. The squad has produced the best side playing the best football during this time by those who have been supporting during the last 2 to 3 decades. This spell has ignited a deep hope that the club can join the ranks of the elite with, seemingly, good cause. Almost without exception, all who post on here have given the impression seeing the club eventually becoming a top Europen side and regularly finishing in the top 4 and bringing home trophies.

For me, the cream of the European clubs are those who have been serial trophy winners for at least 2 decades including winning their domestic league titles and the European Champions cup plus winning double, even treble titles. Teams like Liverpool in their there day, Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventas are examples. Therefore, to actually join that list of giants at my age is unlikely. Clubs like City and Chelsea are already on that journey and could well be included in that group during the next decade. Clubs like Arsenal started on that route but falling away from winning the top trophies but remaining serial winners with domestic cups. Then there are teams who have managed spells of competing and beating with the legendary top clubs but couldn't maintain it. Even Spurs have had their moments of glory but more at the domestic level with the occasional Europen victories.

For me, this thread is more about where our hopes and aspirations lie for the future. Just what level do you see and want the club to reach. For me justifying any hopes simply on the fact that this is the best side for decades and that there will be a fantastic new stadium has no bearing on the matter, Blackburn currently has the best side for decades but no one believes they will continue and become a top Europen club. Leicester actually won the EPL with the best side they have had for decades but the chances of them repeating the feat are close to zilch. Clubs such as these including the likes of Huddersfield and Bournemouth are simply enjoying the moment but, deep down, know that it is more a snapshot in time rather than a prolonged period of success after success.

In this modern era of football, being the best has only been achievable to clubs having access to unlimited amounts of money. Money to buy the world's best and money to pay them such vast wages so other clubs, not only couldn't afford them but couldn't hold on to their own top players. Because of this ongoing and probably worsening situation,  any aspiring club not already one of Europe's finest has virtually no hope getting there. 

As far as Spurs are concerned, I struggle to have confidence just being able to compete in achieving the highest level of success in the EPL let alone Europe unless they find a way to pay top wages. There are 3 clubs so rich that this transfer window will see them raise the standard of their teams to even higher levels. If we couldn't compete with this year's squad (one considered the best for decades), then without buying new top talent how can we justify finishing above them next year? As we haven't won a domestic trophy this season, how can there be any certainty of keeping the important best players?   Both the Dane and Harry have said this year that winning trophies is important. It won't have gone unnoticed by them that Walker doubling his salary has already won 2 medals. Simply offering the chance to play in the lovely new stadium is small fry to much larger wages and trophies. Toby, by not signing a new contract, has made it clear he wants to be paid what he feels he is worth. Almost certainly the big clubs will be more than interested in those 3 and will be offering great incentives cash wise and probably a higher likelihood of medals.

For me, I have not seen any signs of real improvement by coming 4th and not winning a domestic cup. I have grave doubts the wages ceiling will rise to somewhere near that paid by the rich clubs. For me, that raises a real problem in both keeping and attracting the quality of player needed to achieve the heights required to become a top Europen club. As it stands, I feel that it is more likely we will fall to the lower level where fighting for 4th place and possibly a domestic cup will be all I can realistically hope for. I do not see us dropping back to being a perennial mid-table team.

Having said all that, please don't take it as derogatory or criticism of the club, the manager or the players. I am proud of their achievements and have enjoyed 3 years of relative success. They have given me 3 years of hope when I actually had moments that there was a way of beating the super rich clubs without joining them. As it stands, I now feel I have to be patient realising it will not be a 2 or 3 year journey but probably several. After all, it took both Chelsea and City 5 or 6 years to get to the stage they have reached and they were backed by a seemingly bottomless pit of cash. My hopes remain but the time scale is vastly increased and I will just have to stomach the fact that we will do it by buying it.

Just my view of things on how it stands at the moment.

COYS

On 4/21/2018 at 5:41 AM, Superspur said:

Well written and said. Agree with all of the above save to say that the revenue stream will only really kick in after at least 5 years. In the interim, can we at least win a few secondary trophy's.

The full effect of the revenue stream will only kick in with time, true. For now the hotel is not even really started and there is that huge note for the stadium to pay off.

Having said that, I believe there will be a solid upswing in revenue in the more immediate future. While it's obviously a sore subject with supporters, ticket prices have gone up as has capacity. The NFL will play two games in the new stadium this season. I have no doubt that Levy has a full team of people working on events outside the realm of sports for this new facility and we will see the first of those announced either just before or just after the club officially open the ground. All of this should seen a big increase in facility use based revenue, both in terms of tickets, event fees and concessions. That, in turn, should provide a greater operating budget for the club.

While I don't expect the percentage of budget put into player wages to fluctuate much, 50% of a bigger number is also a bigger number.

I believe that once the stadium is done and the money for it is sorted,,,enic joe Lewis ,,and Lord sugar his best mate ,,,willl sell ,,,and I think that’s nearer than we think ,,and lord sugar still owns the mystery 11% ,,,he sold the rest to his best bud joe who he set up enic with and mr Levey is accountant to them amazing 

I really do not see any way that DL will build his perfect,and our dream stadium, and then not hang around to see it take off and bring the Glory Glory back..

Apart from his lack of a negative side, he is like all of us, he is a fan.

He is what we would all like to be...

He is in of charge of THFC, he has rebuilt a club rescued from demise by Sugar, and turned it into a profitable and proper Premier football club, and now with a team to match.

I still believe that the Poch is the right man, with the right attitude - of longevity, growth and stability.

Compare to guardiola, who buys/builds/coaches a team, wins stuff and goes elsewhere  after 2/3 years....

Our man has shown his ability and instilled a team spirit the like of which I can't remember.

According to players from the 80s, there was lots of squabbling and infighting, during Keith Burkenshaw's days, Steve Perryman and others from those successful times mention it regularly.

They are aware that it is all different now at THFC, but not so at other clubs...

The Poch and DL are both building, and soon we will be moving in to the new stadium and the top tier of football again.

Keep the faith.

COYS

I follow the logic of all you say, Tonto and, in theory, it can't be faulted and I hope you are right. However, I would like to add that, for me, it isn't just in the hands of DL and Enic. In the current world of football, to achieve and maintain a position alongside the giants in the game, it takes a ridiculous amount of money. Spurs are far from poor. In fact one of the richer clubs. But so far, I have seen no indication of them being able to match the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, City, Chelsea, Utd etc when it comes to splashing out bucket loads of cash. For me personally, (more of a worrier than you lol), looking at the broader picture, I sense that football players are looking for two things. One is money and the other is trophies. I would never accuse anyone of disloyalty or greed of looking for these things. Both Harry and the Dane have both mentioned in interviews this year that winning medals is an important consideration when looking to the future. It crossed my mind when I saw this that they may be keeping their options open if we failed to win the FA cup this season. I may well be wrong. I hope those with more confidence than me are right and they both give us one more season. However, I feel that the likes of Harry, The Dane and Toby will be hounded unmercifully by some of the big clubs with mouth-watering financial offers and a seemingly better chance of winning something. Will they, during this summer transfer window, be offered sufficient incentive to stay? If, and God forbid it doesn't happen, they go, for me, they are pretty much irreplaceable on the budgets we currently are restricted to. That would make a top 4 finish with the 5 rivals in the EPL a tough challenge next season.

Of course, all of this is conjecture and only time will tell. I shall be continually on my prayer mat that you have read the situation better than I. Hopefully your assessment is better than mine.

COYS  

Just now, Jamesinashby said:

I follow the logic of all you say, Tonto and, in theory, it can't be faulted and I hope you are right. However, I would like to add that, for me, it isn't just in the hands of DL and Enic. In the current world of football, to achieve and maintain a position alongside the giants in the game, it takes a ridiculous amount of money. Spurs are far from poor. In fact one of the richer clubs. But so far, I have seen no indication of them being able to match the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, City, Chelsea, Utd etc when it comes to splashing out bucket loads of cash. For me personally, (more of a worrier compared to you  lol), looking at the broader picture, I sense that football players are looking for two things. One is money and the other is trophies. I would never accuse anyone of disloyalty or greed of looking for these things. Both Harry and the Dane have both mentioned in interviews this year that winning medals is an important consideration when looking to the future. It crossed my mind when I saw this that they may be keeping their options open if we failed to win the FA cup this season. I may well be wrong. I hope those with more confidence than me are right and they both give us one more season. However, I feel that the likes of Harry, The Dane and Toby will be hounded unmercifully by some of the big clubs with mouth-watering financial offers and a seemingly better chance of winning something. Will they, during this summer transfer window, be offered sufficient incentive to stay? If, and God forbid it doesn't happen, they go, for me, they are pretty much irreplaceable on the budgets we currently are restricted to. That would make a top 4 finish with the 5 rivals in the EPL a tough challenge next season.

Of course, all of this is conjecture and only time will tell. I shall be continually on my prayer mat that you have read the situation better than I. Hopefully your assessment is better than mine.

COYS  

It is worth remembering that we have achieved Top 4 status without 100million pound transfer fees and with a sensible wage bill.

Our 30plus million pound transfers have mainly been hits with not too many misses. We have done very well with our academy. Both these groups of footballers accepted initial contracts and have probably received better contracts. So they should be happy for another season at least.

We should continue this process slightly improved by our increasd financial standing and status in World Football.

I would hate, absolutely hate to get into the £100 Million transfer or 300K wage for any... Player.

The one exception is the re-use of transfer monies. ie: if we receive £200million for Harry....spend £100 on another 2 Goalscorers.

We are doing all right the way we are. Let's see if our World Top 10 Manager can continue to improve his reputation and our prospects next season.

i don't think I will be happy until we are consistently a Top 4 and European team. 20 years will do and throw in a few Cups as well. 

There is no point in being a one season  wonder like Leicester. Let's make the step up to the next level of Top European Club but break the money only mould n the process.

6 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I follow the logic of all you say, Tonto and, in theory, it can't be faulted and I hope you are right. However, I would like to add that, for me, it isn't just in the hands of DL and Enic. In the current world of football, to achieve and maintain a position alongside the giants in the game, it takes a ridiculous amount of money. Spurs are far from poor. In fact one of the richer clubs. But so far, I have seen no indication of them being able to match the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, City, Chelsea, Utd etc when it comes to splashing out bucket loads of cash. For me personally, (more of a worrier than you lol), looking at the broader picture, I sense that football players are looking for two things. One is money and the other is trophies. I would never accuse anyone of disloyalty or greed of looking for these things. Both Harry and the Dane have both mentioned in interviews this year that winning medals is an important consideration when looking to the future. It crossed my mind when I saw this that they may be keeping their options open if we failed to win the FA cup this season. I may well be wrong. I hope those with more confidence than me are right and they both give us one more season. However, I feel that the likes of Harry, The Dane and Toby will be hounded unmercifully by some of the big clubs with mouth-watering financial offers and a seemingly better chance of winning something. Will they, during this summer transfer window, be offered sufficient incentive to stay? If, and God forbid it doesn't happen, they go, for me, they are pretty much irreplaceable on the budgets we currently are restricted to. That would make a top 4 finish with the 5 rivals in the EPL a tough challenge next season.

COYS  

I really don't get why you keep repeating over and over the same stuff that the journos do.

Surely, you have noticed the new expensive leading edge stadium that DL and Enic are building ?

Increased ticketing revenue, enhanced football experience for the fans, and raised income stream from other stadium operations to enable bigger salaries, better paid and better players, and regular CL, and hopefully also domestic trophies.

The Poch is on schedule to provide the team performances to match.

Maybe you should have a little more faith in these people that are making it all happen right in front of us.

It seems that every time we do suffer a defeat, that they are all doing a poor job.

For goodness sake, calm down and just enjoy the ride.

We haven't won one of the 4 trophies that we went for, but I have enjoyed a feast of football this season from my team again, and I for one appreciate the progress, and the pleasure it has brought to me and many of my THFC mates.

On 25/04/2018 at 10:56 AM, Cromulentmart said:

I'm a glass-half-full sort of guy.

Things are good - just imagine being a Sunderland supporter !!

Know a few because of where i live, they've bin pretty much resigned to relegation for a while now, still can't resist reminding them of their imminent visit to the Wham! Stadium though.