Spurs Web
Jamesinashby

STAY AT WEMBLEY

Taken from an article by Matt Lawton, chief Daily Mail reporter.

Tottenham could be ordered by the Premier league to play the entire seasons home games at Wembley amid growing fears the stadium will not be ready until after Christmas. Sportsmail understands Spurs have taken up an option with the FA to extend their stay with sources suggesting yesterday the agreement runs until December 15th for the Burnley match. The Premier league is sympathetic that delays have occurred. But the lack of clarity is becoming unfair for supporters, opposition teams and broadcasters. It says Levy is still hopeful they will be playing at the new ground before the 15th December but confidence is diminishing. It is likely there will come a point when they insist that the venue of the games is confirmed for the rest of the season.

COYS

Guest Cosmo Kramer

Am I the only one who has a bad feeling that we won't open the new stadium until next season, but in the meantime, we'll be running on fumes (again) in April/May, come in 5th, and play to half empty crowds in the new digs on Thursdays?

1 hour ago, Cosmo Kramer said:

Am I the only one who has a bad feeling that we won't open the new stadium until next season, but in the meantime, we'll be running on fumes (again) in April/May, come in 5th, and play to half empty crowds in the new digs on Thursdays?

You will not be the only one getting a bit negative, but probably in the minority. There is the possibility of the FA ordering us to play all our home games at Wembley if there are more delays, but, going by the posts on here, there is still strong support for a top 4 finish. It is far too early in the season to become disheartened.

COYS

Nope. The new stadium opens not just this season but this calendar year. I'm thinking the Southampton match personally.

If you look at the pics from the official site it is looking less and less like a construction site all the time. Check out the webcams tomorrow during the daylight. Nearly all the chairs are in and that pitch looks like they could drop grass on it at any time. If you look at the roof shots you can see where the new Golden Cockrel will sit high over the South Stand (which I think will someday bare the name of either Kane or Poch, btw). Outside the stadium there is less and less in the way of building material and more in the way of space for the public to walk.

I agree with the club's statement that it could have been ready for the MC match on the 28th but after one big delay they just could not take the chance and had to set something they knew they could make.

I think we should try and go for the Southampton one let's start with a win and not a nervy team that we might slip up against. the jealous boys start making out a curse in the stadium before you lose the first one. looking at Chris Cowlins videos and the reports things are looking good at so I can get it finished by at least November. Haven't heard anything about the electricians sorting out the safety issues? Hopefully I can sort out deli Ali's little muscle strain as well. Also is it just me or am I fed up with hearing that Harry Kane might be tired.

6 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

I think we should try and go for the Southampton one let's start with a win and not a nervy team that we might slip up against. the jealous boys start making out a curse in the stadium before you lose the first one. looking at Chris Cowlins videos and the reports things are looking good at so I can get it finished by at least November. Haven't heard anything about the electricians sorting out the safety issues? Hopefully I can sort out deli Ali's little muscle strain as well. Also is it just me or am I fed up with hearing that Harry Kane might be tired.

Ooops! Sorry Truespure, Just posted H looking a bit knackered! Whatever he is, he ain't 100% just yet!

Here's a backhanded complement. I understand professional sportsman like and need routine but the majority of footballers are "simple" beasts and  incredibly pampered in the design to have them just focus on playing. I accept the ideal would have been to be at The New Lane and I accept that probably would have lifted the atmosphere by some margin but once the players cross the white line they just play and it could have been worse imo and we could have signed up to play our home games at another clubs stadium. At least Wembley is not only neutral but a high class arena too!

I think the fans are more putout than the players!

Scaled Up Version of Golden Cockerel to Grace Roof Over South Stand

I think this is awesome. Although I never got to go to The Lane I dearly loved some of the decoration there and chief among my favorites was the Golden Cockerel on the roof. I felt the club had to find a way to put it back on the stadium but no plans were mentioned early on and it appeared it was not to be. Then it occurred to me that this was likely as much about scale as anything since the old one had been sized for White Hart Lane, not Spurs' new and obviously larger home.

I particularly like that they included all the dings and scuffs from the original rather than go with a completely perfect one. Brilliant move on the part of Levy and all at Spurs.

There's a photograph of it on Facebook Neophyte.

Ok that might not seem such a big deal but the overall photograph shows the stadium.

Wow it looks MAGNIFICENT....it'll be the envy of every non Spurs supporter,it truly is MAGNIFICENT.

It look amazing. I am staggered at what has been achieved in so short a timeframe. We were playing at WHL 18 months ago and now look at it. It is breathtakingly beautiful. 

I still hold on to the dream, like a dying man clutching a straw, that we will somehow manage to get CL football there next season. Can you imagine it? I can!