Spurs Web
Royce 71

What does this mean?

3 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

Quoting Poch...."The Club need to focus on winning Titles"!

What does this mean? Anyone!

I think it's part of the "Project".  I think he meant to say " after recent performances we should put all of our efforts into the Carabao Cup".lol

7 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I think it's part of the "Project".  I think he meant to say " after recent performances we should put all of our efforts into the Carabao Cup".lol

Not expecting too many replies to this topic Asc3 my friend!:)

His English could be better, perhaps he meant cups. On the other hand he once said winning the domestic cups were not that important only the EPL and EC. He may be referring to losing last night and with his limited command of English, whatever he was trying to say is not really what he meant. Who knows?

COYS

32 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

Not expecting too many replies to this topic Asc3 my friend!:)

Oh! I think you will find one or two individuals to counter anything you say. I don't think they have realised we probably need to win most of our games to be Top 4 this year. Of course there are still all the Cups and Europe to compete for.

14 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

His English could be better, perhaps he meant cups. On the other hand he once said winning the domestic cups were not that important only the EPL and EC. He may be referring to losing last night and with his limited command of English, whatever he was trying to say is not really what he meant. Who knows?

COYS

The above was written off the top of my head without much thought.

Thinking about it overnight, without knowing the question put to him, I now feel he was alluding simply to the league having to be our top priority each season as a top 4 place MUST be our No 1 objective for obvious reasons. The fact that the League Cup is our next game is irrelevant and by no means implies he is suggesting it is unimportant. Not being fluent in English means he cannot put over a point to the extent as someone like Klopp.

I don't think that remark carries any significance with hindsight.

Just a thought.

COYS

18 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

Quoting Poch...."The Club need to focus on winning Titles"!

What does this mean? Anyone!

If it came just after the defeat to citeh, then it is obvious, surely.

Note the word "titles" that means more than one, and I can only guess that the Poch means all competitions, or just possibly a Premier League title more than once...

There is a long way to go in the Title race, we are not out it yet.

The players will certainly not be thinking that.

17 hours ago, Asc3 said:

Oh! I think you will find one or two individuals to counter anything you say. I don't think they have realised we probably need to win most of our games to be Top 4 this year. Of course there are still all the Cups and Europe to compete for.

What do you expect on a forum ? It is a place for discussion...

18 hours ago, Asc3 said:

Really ?

lol

1 hour ago, Tonto911 said:

Note the word "titles" that means more than one, and I can only guess that the Poch means all competitions, or just possibly a Premier League title more than once...

What was obvious to me is Poch was having a dig at Enic for not backing him in the summer. Enjoy the next 6 months because after that we will begin to see the departures. Poch's included!

This fella ain't with us to build a Europa League qualifying team/club. This fella wants to now be given the tools (after brilliantly laying strong foundations) to build a permanent top 4 trophy winning club and if he does not get them, and it looks like Enic have shot their bolt, then the very second the right "project" Madrid, Munich, Utd) presents itself he will be off, taking "The" Kane, "The" Dane and others with him!

You yourself Tonto, probably "The" American and one or 2 others will automatically interpret this post like my others as "anti-Spurs"! Cobblers! My post point out the real reality of our long-term future under Poch if Enic continue to bottle it!

I don't think you are anti-Spurs Royce. I doubt anyone on this forum is. I've supported Spurs through many worse situations than the one they are in now and I have always loved them and wanted them to do better. I think they will do better - a lot better - but maybe not straight away. 

If you are in any doubts about the direction the club is going, just take another look at the stadium. Once that is up and running, the change will be amazing.

3 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

No you are correct we are not out of it yet. 5 points behind Man City and Liverpool!!

Anything is possible.

1 minute ago, Cromulentmart said:

I don't think you are anti-Spurs Royce. I doubt anyone on this forum is. I've supported Spurs through many worse situations than the one they are in now and I have always loved them and wanted them to do better. I think they will do better - a lot better - but maybe not straight away. 

If you are in any doubts about the direction the club is going, just take another look at the stadium. Once that is up and running, the change will be amazing.

Crom,

I agree supporters must support their club but the club have a responsibility to the supporters as well.

The New Ground will not automatically produce a strong squad or top European team. 

Our Management Team made good decisions in buying or lucking out on some very good players (Harry,Dele,Christian,Toby,Erik etc). They took us as close to the Premiership as we have ever been. We've also bought quite a few duds as well.

Support Yes but the Management Team must be accountable.

The new ground certainly does not guarantee success, but in my opinion it illustrates a commitment to success. There was no way the owners would be spending up to one billion pounds with a business plan that did not include on-field success and they are not stupid - they know that they will have to invest in players to achieve that, but it makes sense to spread the spending and delay buying top players until the final financial commitments for off-field spending are known.

As for good decisions versus luck, surely that applies to just about every signing made by all teams. Spurs are not the only team to have bought lemons in the past.

2 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

What was obvious to me is Poch was having a dig at Enic for not backing him in the summer. Enjoy the next 6 months because after that we will begin to see the departures. Poch's included!

This fella ain't with us to build a Europa League qualifying team/club. This fella wants to now be given the tools (after brilliantly laying strong foundations) to build a permanent top 4 trophy winning club and if he does not get them, and it looks like Enic have shot their bolt, then the very second the right "project" Madrid, Munich, Utd) presents itself he will be off, taking "The" Kane, "The" Dane and others with him!

You yourself Tonto, probably "The" American and one or 2 others will automatically interpret this post like my others as "anti-Spurs"! Cobblers! My post point out the real reality of our long-term future under Poch if Enic continue to bottle it!

It may be obvious to you, only you can say what you think.

However, my interpretation , or to put it in another way, my thoughts on all of his recent/past comments are as follows.

He is merely stating that all of the issues regarding the new stadium delays, the failure in getting the additional players that he wanted (whatever the reasons  were), and the WC related injuries/fatigue etc.are not ideal and he is not happy with the situation (and why would he be ? NOBODY else is either...), but he remains focussed on primarily winning  the PL, and other trophies. If you remember, after our best result/performance of the season at old trafford, he was not happy, the team did not perform as he would have liked, and yet we won 3-0 up there for the first time in many years.

How about this for my theory....

The Poch may have spoken to Daniel Levy before/during/after signing the new contract and told him that he would like to tell the press how he feels, so he did.

DL's reason for allowing this to happen would be so that all the blame, as well as the acclaim, that he is receiving for the Stadium Project, would revert to him (DL), and then maybe these stupid negativity promoting tosspot journos would stop asking him (MP) about anything other than the TEAM, and it's performances, not carping on about the long gone summer transfer window, and the players that we were supposedly linked to, however spurious they were.....

Supporters are weary of the extended period of tenancy at wembley, and probably the players are as well, but apart from one player, who probably wouldn't be first choice now if he had stayed, all of the players have shown great loyalty. The Kane and Dele have signed extended contracts, and there will surely be more to follow.

Over and over again it has been stated by DL, The Poch and players that the new stadium will bring massive income streams to finance the playing squad with players that will strengthen and improve. I got it first time, and understand the situation.

1 minute ago, Tonto911 said:

Allow me...

slur
/sləː/
"
    •  

noun

1. 1.
    an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.

Hey Tonto - you've never had a reputation to damage  ;^)

To you all! Be right! Please be right!

Top 3 again this season.  Maybe some silverware. The Poch and our top players remain for another attempt at a title shot in 19/20. We add quality or at least by recognised potential quality to the squad to maintain our "march"!

Please, please don't be wrong!

Another season without silverware. An early exit from The CL. 6th place finish or worse. Poch and our top players leave as a result. Can you imagine that happening after we were perched on the foot of greatness at the end of 17/18?

I can and do!

1 minute ago, Cromulentmart said:

Hey Tonto - you've never had a reputation to damage  ;^)

How dare you Sir !

I think the "slur" was aimed at Neophyte and my writing style...

5 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

Allow me...

slur
/sləː/
"
    •  

noun

1. 1.
    an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.

Now even more reason to explain!!

3 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

To you all! Be right! Please be right!

Top 3 again this season.  Maybe some silverware. The Poch and our top players remain for another attempt at a title shot in 19/20. We add quality or at least by recognised potential quality to the squad to maintain our "march"!

Please, please don't be wrong!

Another season without silverware. An early exit from The CL. 6th place finish or worse. Poch and our top players leave as a result. Can you imagine that happening after we were perched on the foot of greatness at the end of 17/18?

I can see it!

I think the actuality may lie somewhere in between