Jump to content
Spurs Web
Royce 71

What does this mean?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Asc3 said:

Roycey,

i often agree with you which was not the case a year or two ago.

Your opinion about the Club finances is spot on. Spurs due to a decent run in Europe had unexpected high profits last season, irrespective of unseen (????) New Ground problems Management should not have gambled with the Spurs hard won future.

If we lose 2 or 3 games watch how quickly the mood will change.

The Top 7 in the premiership are beginning to close up.....just saying!!

and now the Manager is talking about January signings. If we can't get Grealish for 100 M who will be our target???

Asc3. As you said you and I 2-3 years back would debate from opposite (both love the club) camps  on many occasion. Back then I believed in what Enic/Poch were doing and always praised the philosophy of the project that got us to a position (on a relative budget) at the end of 17/18 poised to (imo) truly make the step to becoming regular title challengers and one of Europe's  elite top 16. All that was needed (imo) was a few (70mill) of the deadwood out and a few (150mill) of "solid" additions in.

Maddison? Gray? (Leicester) Richarleson? Grealish? etc or Martial? or Zaha? or  just anyone better and more solid than, N'Koudon/Lorente/Janssen/Sissoko/Aurier/C-Vickers/Onomah even Wanyama!

Point! Better/strengthen the squad if we are serious about continuing our push towards becoming one of the elite! Which we didn't, which makes me now question just how serious we (Enic) are!

An to all those supporters who stand on the terraces with their calculators instead of their scarfs cheering on the accounts. At this stage/position we find ourselves in, that is something I'll never understand my friend!

As far as new blood come January, we all know that is a tough window for a number of reasons. Maybe if we can move on 50mill worth of the current squad I am a big fan of Dimarie? Gray at Leicester for 60 mill in the current market, plus he is English! He for me would be an immediate and long-term positive addition under Poch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, Neophyte said:

I don't know what has or has not been decided. What I know is that usually, not always but usually, when I see quotation marks on the internet someone is trying to imply something. Often that something is pushing the edge of insulting. Coupled with the use of the term American (which I can only assume was aimed at me since I am the most active Yank on this board), it felt like you were aiming for something negative. Please notice I said I hoped I was wrong.

If by referring to you Neophyte as The American has offended you I apologies! I always try and address other posters by their forum name, as I think its politer than being referred to as a dismissive, disresectful "him" or "his"!

I also refrain from blatant sarcasm!  The "Doh's" and "Oh Dears" and "He shoots and misses" type childish openings to some posts in an attempt to undermine!

Maybe we all need to take a look at our "attitude"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, Neophyte said:

With the vast sums of money involved here and the fluctuations in finances due to the effects of Brexit (whether it happens or not, it has seriously impacted the stadium build) and construction delays, I honestly don't see how an adjustment to the plan was truly possible.

With the recent news about the club having to further increase the size of the loan to nearly 640 million on the stadium I just can't view 150 million on players as "peanuts" either. I also can't sanction the idea that we should have sold viable starters who are world class at their positions(like Alderweireld or Rose) to bring in new players. For me that is a 1 for 1 trade off that in no ways strengthens the squad. It just brings in new faces which can often be as bad for the team as it is good. Certainly, I could have been on board with selling players who do not fit with Poch's plans. I can see where we might have sold GKN and Llorente then used those funds to bring in one player to upgrade the squad. Perhaps one could also add Dembele to that list (still think he is very likely off to China in January) but he has played serious minutes for the club this season and been mostly very solid. It would still be trading 2 or 3 players for 1 though which really isn't strengthening.

I have now seen it reported in multiple places that Poch has the final say on players in or out, and that includes the price tag. It has also been reported that Poch did not deem any of the players available in the transfer window to be worth the price being sought by the selling club. I know at this point someone will bring up Shaqiri. Yes, he is obviously worth the 13 million or whatever Liverpool paid for him and I will admit he is doing a job for Klopp. Even if we assume that Poch wanted him, we still don't know if the player wanted to come to Spurs. For all we know an advance was made only to be brushed off by the player himself because he really wanted to go to Liverpool.

The last point I want to make directly addresses the last two lines in your post, Royce.

At the level Spurs are now, challenging to be elite and the balance sheet are linked in such a way as to inseparable. Let us assume you are correct and this is only about the money for ENIC, Levy and Lewis. If that is the case, they want to the club to be worth the most it can be. For that to happen, bigger and longer sponsorship deals are required. This includes but is not limited to the name on the kit (AIA), the kit maker (Nike), perhaps a sleeve sponsor, stadium naming rights, the NFL, and likely another dozen things I'm too thick to understand. For those sponsors to pay the money that is currently going to clubs like Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Real and PSG, our club will have be in the biggest competitions and chasing titles. Those sponsors pay that money because they know their name will be our TV screens and in the printed media more often with a successful team that makes deep runs in all competitions. They also know that the more successful a team is the more supporters they will attract which means more of their gear being sold and more fans walking around with their name on the shirt that fan is wearing. Consider the free advertising former kit sponsors currently get during every Spurs match with all the supporters in the stands wearing kit from years gone by. 

ENIC, Lewis, and Levy have damn fine business minds. If I can figure this out, they are way ahead of me. If they want to maximize the value of the club they know they absolutely have to maximize the product on the pitch. There is no way they can't see it and no way they aren't interested in it. It is, quite simply, required for them to meet the business goals you have stated so often you believe they are pursuing.

ENIC, Lewis, and Levy have damn fine business minds. If I can figure this out, they are way ahead of me. If they want to maximize the value of the club they know they absolutely have to maximize the product on the pitch. There is no way they can't see it and no way they aren't interested in it. It is, quite simply, required for them to meet the business goals you have stated so often you believe they are pursuing.

Believed they WERE pursuing!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stanmac said:

 

Grealish for £100 million......really?

No! Apologies. My attempt at humour to highlight how Spurs cockamamie transfer system has probably projected a nobody status footballer from obscurity to an over inflated transfer fee. It obviously did not work.

we could have got him for 15M and now he's possibly worth 40m???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

 

Asc,I can understand your frustration at our lack of transfers.

There was an interview with Poch where he did say he was looking at new players but for various reasons ( players being overpriced )  it just didn't happen.

Grealish was one of several players that Spurs were supposedly interested in.At one time it was mentioned that the price was £40 million.

Then as you rightly say a price of £15-20 million was mentioned as Villa were desperate for money.Probably we waited to long to get it done,and new owners came in and the deal was dead.Poch also mentioned he didn't want players just for the sake of it.They had to be the right calibre etc.

There is a need for a clear out,but selling without buying better replacements isn't productive,as you know.

Lets see what happens in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

ENIC, Lewis, and Levy have damn fine business minds. If I can figure this out, they are way ahead of me. If they want to maximize the value of the club they know they absolutely have to maximize the product on the pitch. There is no way they can't see it and no way they aren't interested in it. It is, quite simply, required for them to meet the business goals you have stated so often you believe they are pursuing.

Believed they WERE pursuing!!

 

So if you no longer believe they are pursuing the goal of maximizing the value of the club, what goal do you think they are after? I'm confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

On the subject of overpriced players.

Would Zaha with a reported fee of £70 million represent good value for Spurs.

Personally I don't think so.         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stanmac said:

On the subject of overpriced players.

Would Zaha with a reported fee of £70 million represent good value for Spurs.

Personally I don't think so.         

I don't like big transfer fees as a principle and am glad that to date we have avoided it, probably not for much longer now we are into paying the big wages.

Zaha is another good example of why you have to invest in the team and utilise the transfer market. Wasn't Zaha available for 15m 2/3 years ago.??? Identifying talent and having the cajones to buy it/recruit it/promote from academy is essential

i am sure we have/had a super goalscorer outside of the squad. Reo?? I have forgotten his name. Where is he?

The January transfer window does not normally provide transfer gems. Too many teams are worried about promotion, relegation or the  injuries caused by the rigours of Winter.

The pessimist in me suggests it is kicking the subject into the long grass. That said Messi,Ronaldo and Coutinio playing for Spurs would be wonderful....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

Lorente (6m). N'Koudon (12m). Janssen(15m). Onomah (9m). Sissoko (20m) Dembele (15m) Aurier (20m) Wanyama (20m) (C-Vikers (9m) all or any combination of these players I have suggested would recoup 70+mill of any additional 150m investment.

An yes! Absolutely seriously! With a net spend of 25m over these past 4-5 years for a multi-billion£ company, if we are serious (which I now believe we are not) about becoming a permanent top 4 and European side befitting a state of the art 63,000 seater stadium, then continue to push for it even if it means having a net spend of minus 100+ mill after Poch's 4-5 year tenure especially as we have got this far on a relative budget!

Its about the glory! It is beyond me why any fan concerns themselves with the books!!!

Seriously! What does it matter if it takes us 3 years instead of 12 months to balance them!! Plus by my amature accounting, we would have a greater chance of not only balancing them but seeing them show a profit long-term if only Enic had a pair and truly believed in Poch!

I will ask you Neophyte! Are you a Spurs shareholder? If not why are you so concerned for us to be in the Black! Is mediocre and a nice looking balance sheet more important to you, than a greater chance of progression and glory and running in the Red for longer than we may have liked?

If that is the case my friend, then no matter your reply, I will never understand that at this stage of our history!

Sell 9 players this summer to buy how many? 2? 3? 4? 

5 of those 9 have started for us this season and 3 of the 5 have been important in the Central Midfield. You have had Poch/Levy sell 3 of our 5 first options in one area of the pitch to buy Martial and Zaha? Two players who don't play Central Midfield. This wouldn't be strengthening. Strengthening is buying a Dele while selling no one. Buying a Lucas while selling no one. Buying an Alderweireld while selling Kaboul, who was done here.

I doubt there is a Spurs supporter in the world who thinks Poch or Levy wanted to keep Janssen this summer. That he was for sale is the only sure bet I can think of in this last transfer window. He was INJURED and we obviously didn't get any offers for him, much less one worth 15m (which I would have taken in a heartbeat, I might add).

You want to sell two young, ENGLISH, club grown players that Poch obviously rates to some degree and who might just have a future at the club like Kane's. If the FA changes the PL squad rules as is being considered then our own academy players will be damned important in future seasons. We, the fans, can afford to live for today and today alone. Poch/Levy et all cannot. And thank the gods too because if they had we would have the brilliant new, nearly complete stadium that we all can't wait for. Things like that take planning and forethought, goals and dreams. That stadium is why I have faith. No other club in any top flight has managed what Levy has managed so far. I can be patient for the rest.

No Royce, I am obviously not a shareholder. Nor am I a fantasy footie player (at least not much). I care about the books because they are as much a part of the club as who the manager is, where the club plays and if we won on the weekend. I care because if the books are looked after correctly it is possible to take an average, mid table club that wins the occasional domestic trophy and turn it into one of the Top 10 clubs in the world. It's improbable but it is possible and we are the lucky ones who have experienced. Not Aston Villa. Not Newcastle. Not Sunderland. The supporters of every one of those clubs would commit unnatural acts to have ENIC/Levy/Poch running their clubs.

I care about the books because if those aren't right our beloved club could be the next Leeds or Portsmouth, and with the size of the clubs current goals that possibility is real. I worry about the books because I am in business and I understand the drag to ambition that debts can be. I worry about the books because I look at the money spent at Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U and other places but have yet to see the "kick on" effect.

You don't pay off 800 million in 3 years and that is the size of the debt Spurs would be looking at if they did as you suggested, borrowing 150 million to buy players who may or may not make the squad stronger. That is the thing I feel is being missed here...spending it is a guarantee of NOTHING.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

i am sure we have/had a super goalscorer outside of the squad. Reo?? I have forgotten his name. Where is he?

 

The lad you mention is Reo Griffiths, I think. He left Spurs for French side Lyon in August, in search of first team football. He is apparently still searching as he isn't listed with Lyon's first side and has apparently not appeared in a match for them yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

The lad you mention is Reo Griffiths, I think. He left Spurs for French side Lyon in August, in search of first team football. He is apparently still searching as he isn't listed with Lyon's first side and has apparently not appeared in a match for them yet.

Thanks for the information. If he hasn't made his mark at Lyon perhaps it is a pointer to his lack of continued developement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

Sell 9 players this summer to buy how many? 2? 3? 4? 

5 of those 9 have started for us this season and 3 of the 5 have been important in the Central Midfield. You have had Poch/Levy sell 3 of our 5 first options in one area of the pitch to buy Martial and Zaha? Two players who don't play Central Midfield. This wouldn't be strengthening. Strengthening is buying a Dele while selling no one. Buying a Lucas while selling no one. Buying an Alderweireld while selling Kaboul, who was done here.

I doubt there is a Spurs supporter in the world who thinks Poch or Levy wanted to keep Janssen this summer. That he was for sale is the only sure bet I can think of in this last transfer window. He was INJURED and we obviously didn't get any offers for him, much less one worth 15m (which I would have taken in a heartbeat, I might add).

You want to sell two young, ENGLISH, club grown players that Poch obviously rates to some degree and who might just have a future at the club like Kane's. If the FA changes the PL squad rules as is being considered then our own academy players will be damned important in future seasons. We, the fans, can afford to live for today and today alone. Poch/Levy et all cannot. And thank the gods too because if they had we would have the brilliant new, nearly complete stadium that we all can't wait for. Things like that take planning and forethought, goals and dreams. That stadium is why I have faith. No other club in any top flight has managed what Levy has managed so far. I can be patient for the rest.

No Royce, I am obviously not a shareholder. Nor am I a fantasy footie player (at least not much). I care about the books because they are as much a part of the club as who the manager is, where the club plays and if we won on the weekend. I care because if the books are looked after correctly it is possible to take an average, mid table club that wins the occasional domestic trophy and turn it into one of the Top 10 clubs in the world. It's improbable but it is possible and we are the lucky ones who have experienced. Not Aston Villa. Not Newcastle. Not Sunderland. The supporters of every one of those clubs would commit unnatural acts to have ENIC/Levy/Poch running their clubs.

I care about the books because if those aren't right our beloved club could be the next Leeds or Portsmouth, and with the size of the clubs current goals that possibility is real. I worry about the books because I am in business and I understand the drag to ambition that debts can be. I worry about the books because I look at the money spent at Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U and other places but have yet to see the "kick on" effect.

You don't pay off 800 million in 3 years and that is the size of the debt Spurs would be looking at if they did as you suggested, borrowing 150 million to buy players who may or may not make the squad stronger. That is the thing I feel is being missed here...spending it is a guarantee of NOTHING.

You are "cherry-picking" part of sentences to counter my opinon Neophyte! Its a basic tactic that sometimes can work I agree!

Sell 9 players this summer to buy how many? 2? 3? 4? 

This is just my list of players and by selling a combination of them could have raised 70-80m for a couple of better addition to strengthen the squad!

You have had Poch/Levy sell 3 of our 5 first options in one area of the pitch to buy Martial and Zaha?

Once again, you chose to "manipulate" the sentence in an attempt to undermine it! I never said that!!

The supporters of every one of those clubs would commit unnatural acts to have ENIC/Levy/Poch running their clubs.

What's this got to do with the price of fish? This is not the debate!!

Our beloved club could be the next Leeds or Portsmouth!

Nonsense! What is being discussed here is potentially a net spend of 100mill after 4 years instead of 29mill for a multi-billion£ company supposedly looking to move to the next level!

I worry about the books because I look at the money spent at Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U and other places but have yet to see the "kick on" effect.

But they are at least showing real intent! An for me we have a better manager than the 3 clubs you mention, plus Sarri at Chelsea. Plus our spine and the 5-6 player nucleus of our squad is better so why would he not be backed NOW!

You don't pay off 800 million in 3 years and that is the size of the debt Spurs would be looking at if they did as you suggested, borrowing 150 million to buy players who may or may not make the squad stronger.

The timeframe (3 years and 12 months by the way!) was a "throw-away" number! Also the 150mill, because in reality with sales it would be considerably less! But even if it was another 150mill, so what! Oh 650mill is fine, not a problem! 800mill, No way!  Impossible! Really! That's 2 players at most of the clubs above us. An that's why they are above us!

That is the thing I feel is being missed here...spending it is a guarantee of NOTHING.

We have already addressed this! We all know there are only 2 guarantees in life.  If you are waiting for guarantees in football Neophyte then you and I my friend will see one of the real life guarantees come before that! Its about "odds"! An I believe we would have had better odds on continuing to progress and get even stronger had we done business this summer. Its that what seems to be missed here!

23 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neophyte said:

So if you no longer believe they are pursuing the goal of maximizing the value of the club, what goal do you think they are after? I'm confused.

Mediocre minimal risk for maximum return! Enic are not about the glory. Enic are about making even more money than the year before! If DL and JL can keep increasing their personal return each year and keep the shareholders happy, then as far as they are concerned that is success.

I know for a 100% fact DL has no love for the sport of football, he only has love for a balance sheet!

I would personally like Enic to now sell the club. They have done a fantastic job for us, but I feel they have taken us as far as they are capable or prepared to go. For us to seriously aim for greatness again, the club needs to be in more passionate hands/control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

Mediocre minimal risk for maximum return! Enic are not about the glory. Enic are about making even more money than the year before! If DL and JL can keep increasing their personal return each year and keep the shareholders happy, then as far as they are concerned that is success.

I know for a 100% fact DL has no love for the sport of football, he only has love for a balance sheet!

I would personally like Enic to now sell the club. They have done a fantastic job for us, but I feel they have taken us as far as they are capable or prepared to go. For us to seriously aim for greatness again, the club needs to be in more passionate hands/control.

I agree. Am I confused or did our neighbours get accused of having a new ground and their owners being content to play in the Europa league for many years. Each year taking out the profits.

All the time The Club is increasing in value. A future sale would provide a guaranteed major profit. 

In a few years we would be a prize asset to a Sheikh and a windfall for our owners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the owners were taking the profit out of the club every year I could see what you say, ASC (and Royce). As best as I can tell, they have not done that. Money has gone into new training facilities, a player lodge that is already returning dividends financially by making the training facility rent-able to other teams, buying the property around old WHL to build the  new stadium, the building of Lilywhite House, and other endeavors.

I guess the difference here is that I see a club with a plan. It is a long term plan designed to make this club a powerhouse financially which should then translate to being a powerhouse on the pitch. I am content to see that plan through as I know that once the construction is finished and the debt retired, we will sit in better shape than any club in London, if not the whole of the PL.

And Royce, I have to admit, I am not real happy with going 650 million in the hole either. Makes me very uncomfortable if for no other reason that I have an idea how long it will take to clear that and put the club on something approaching equal terms with the rest of Top 6. So being unhappy with 650 million now, I applaud Levy for not borrowing another 100-150 million more for players.

And so far, laying 4th in the PL with our best ever points total at this point, I find myself scratching my head over what all the fuss is. In the last couple matches, Spurs have begun to look more like the team we know they can be. No matter where the injuries are, Poch and staff continue to find a way to get the most out of the squad so we keep winning in the PL and younger players continue to get experience. Seems the best of both worlds to me, at least for now. Why not enjoy it instead of being anxious about what might happen tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

If the owners were taking the profit out of the club every year I could see what you say, ASC (and Royce). As best as I can tell, they have not done that. Money has gone into new training facilities, a player lodge that is already returning dividends financially by making the training facility rent-able to other teams, buying the property around old WHL to build the  new stadium, the building of Lilywhite House, and other endeavors.

I guess the difference here is that I see a club with a plan. It is a long term plan designed to make this club a powerhouse financially which should then translate to being a powerhouse on the pitch. I am content to see that plan through as I know that once the construction is finished and the debt retired, we will sit in better shape than any club in London, if not the whole of the PL.

And Royce, I have to admit, I am not real happy with going 650 million in the hole either. Makes me very uncomfortable if for no other reason that I have an idea how long it will take to clear that and put the club on something approaching equal terms with the rest of Top 6. So being unhappy with 650 million now, I applaud Levy for not borrowing another 100-150 million more for players.

And so far, laying 4th in the PL with our best ever points total at this point, I find myself scratching my head over what all the fuss is. In the last couple matches, Spurs have begun to look more like the team we know they can be. No matter where the injuries are, Poch and staff continue to find a way to get the most out of the squad so we keep winning in the PL and younger players continue to get experience. Seems the best of both worlds to me, at least for now. Why not enjoy it instead of being anxious about what might happen tomorrow?

The ground new build must have allowed for reinvestment in the team to provide a top team to fill the new ground and provide future finances.

Our investment in recent years has not been great. We have had individuals wanting to leave the club and at the time would  have provided a decent transfer fund. Not selling them has been explained as we could not sell them!! Add that to our incoming transfer business could not be concluded because of difficulty in purchasing players. 

We must  be one of the few Top teams in Europe unable to sell or buy players in the market. Now I am not as bright as I was in my youth but something don't sound right to me.......

Now of course we do apparently want to do business in  January!! For Tonto..Really!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neophyte said:

If the owners were taking the profit out of the club every year I could see what you say, ASC (and Royce). As best as I can tell, they have not done that. Money has gone into new training facilities, a player lodge that is already returning dividends financially by making the training facility rent-able to other teams, buying the property around old WHL to build the  new stadium, the building of Lilywhite House, and other endeavors.

I guess the difference here is that I see a club with a plan. It is a long term plan designed to make this club a powerhouse financially which should then translate to being a powerhouse on the pitch. I am content to see that plan through as I know that once the construction is finished and the debt retired, we will sit in better shape than any club in London, if not the whole of the PL.

And Royce, I have to admit, I am not real happy with going 650 million in the hole either. Makes me very uncomfortable if for no other reason that I have an idea how long it will take to clear that and put the club on something approaching equal terms with the rest of Top 6. So being unhappy with 650 million now, I applaud Levy for not borrowing another 100-150 million more for players.

And so far, laying 4th in the PL with our best ever points total at this point, I find myself scratching my head over what all the fuss is. In the last couple matches, Spurs have begun to look more like the team we know they can be. No matter where the injuries are, Poch and staff continue to find a way to get the most out of the squad so we keep winning in the PL and younger players continue to get experience. Seems the best of both worlds to me, at least for now. Why not enjoy it instead of being anxious about what might happen tomorrow?

An round and round we go Neophyte, so I'll just say I hope everything works out and my true fears are not founded!

COYS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going round anymore Royce. This is it for me.

My thoughts are based on faith in an ownership group that now has years of evidence in the bank to prove that they want the best for the club. Yours, for some reason I can't understand and against what I consider to be serious evidence to the contrary, is based in the idea that our ownership has nothing but the most base motives here and could not care less about winning. I thought I could bring it around with logical discussion but it isn't going to happen. Even if Poch delivers Top 4 this year and some domestic silverware I think you will still find a way to believe the worst of Levy and ENIC.

I don't say that with any heat, nor is it me making fun of you. I think you and I are just wired differently due to life experience. I have faith in people and, by and large, do my best to trust them. I don't see the lack of signings as a reason to distrust Poch or Levy or ENIC, even while I am disappointed by it. Things happen. Lord knows I have had enough of my own well laid plans fall apart due to no fault of my own, often with my backup plan not working any better.

My regret here is that I can't sit down at the pub with you and buy you a pint to show I'm not irritated with it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Neophyte said:

I'm not going round anymore Royce. This is it for me.

My thoughts are based on faith in an ownership group that now has years of evidence in the bank to prove that they want the best for the club. Yours, for some reason I can't understand and against what I consider to be serious evidence to the contrary, is based in the idea that our ownership has nothing but the most base motives here and could not care less about winning. I thought I could bring it around with logical discussion but it isn't going to happen. Even if Poch delivers Top 4 this year and some domestic silverware I think you will still find a way to believe the worst of Levy and ENIC.

I don't say that with any heat, nor is it me making fun of you. I think you and I are just wired differently due to life experience. I have faith in people and, by and large, do my best to trust them. I don't see the lack of signings as a reason to distrust Poch or Levy or ENIC, even while I am disappointed by it. Things happen. Lord knows I have had enough of my own well laid plans fall apart due to no fault of my own, often with my backup plan not working any better.

My regret here is that I can't sit down at the pub with you and buy you a pint to show I'm not irritated with it all.

What a Self-Important, Insulting, Patronising and Incorrect Post Neophyte!!

Self-important: my own well laid plans: Its irrelevant what you have or have not done on a personal level in your life when discussing football on a forum!

Insulting: you and I are just wired differently due to life experience: There you go again about you and your life, then deem to know what's gone on in my life to suggest I do not have faith nor trust in people!!

Patronising:  I thought I could bring it around with logical discussion but it isn't going to happen. Are you saying I am incapable of a logical discussion!

Incorrect: distrust Poch! our ownership has nothing but the most base motives here and could not care less about winning. There's that attempt at word manipulation again!!

All of the above written/posted over an opinion/fear of another posters views that we fucked up by not (net) spending an additional 70 mill (29mill to date) when that poster (me) truly believed and praised all at THFC previously for getting us to the brink of potential greatness again!

Jesus Neophyte! I am glad we were at opposite ends of the assembly line when the wiring was being done!!

No point in replying I am about to block you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of that is what I meant Royce. None of it. And I apologize for coming across that way.

This is why I'm sorry we couldn't have done this over a beer. The printed word does not share one's tone of voice or facial expression. I was not trying to be self-important, insulting, patronizing or anything else you currently attribute to me.

I am sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

None of that is what I meant Royce. None of it. And I apologize for coming across that way.

This is why I'm sorry we couldn't have done this over a beer. The printed word does not share one's tone of voice or facial expression. I was trying to be self-important, insulting, patronizing or anything else you currently attribute to me.

I am sorry.

Apology accepted Neophyte.

 

COYS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

 

Well done Royce and Neophyte...both apologising to each other.

This debate has been going on since September I think and both of you can now draw a line in the sand.

I can understand Neophyte pointing out his experience in business to get his point over.

I can understand Royce's point in taking exception to this,but as Neophyte points out,it's much easier over a beer or coffee to express your thoughts and feelings,as both parties get to see each other's facial expressions and as pointed out by Neophyte..tone of voice.

Anyway....now where was I.....shake hands and put this topic behind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Asc3 said:

The ground new build must have allowed for reinvestment in the team to provide a top team to fill the new ground and provide future finances.

Our investment in recent years has not been great. We have had individuals wanting to leave the club and at the time would  have provided a decent transfer fund. Not selling them has been explained as we could not sell them!! Add that to our incoming transfer business could not be concluded because of difficulty in purchasing players. 

We must  be one of the few Top teams in Europe unable to sell or buy players in the market. Now I am not as bright as I was in my youth but something don't sound right to me.......

Now of course we do apparently want to do business in  January!! For Tonto..Really!!!

(I apologise for this comment in advance.....)

I don't understand why I have been mentioned at the end of this relatively lengthy exchange of views,

Please explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

(I apologise for this comment in advance.....)

I don't understand why I have been mentioned at the end of this relatively lengthy exchange of views,

Please explain.

No apologies needed. Again it is my sense of humour or lack of it.

In recent posts I have included the word "Really!!". At the end of my posts. Someone had responded to it. I thought it was you so I included it once again.

Time to take a rest from posting. Hard to post without someone taking issue with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×