Spurs Web
Royce 71

What does this mean?

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

No apologies needed. Again it is my sense of humour or lack of it.

In recent posts I have included the word "Really!!". At the end of my posts. Someone had responded to it. I thought it was you so I included it once again.

Time to take a rest from posting. Hard to post without someone taking issue with it.

Thanks, I get it now. I think I have used that "Really ?" myself in the past, but not recently enough to connect...

Responding to a post, is normal on a forum..... "taking issue with it" might just be you being a little sensitive ?

If my opinions are shared on a forum, I certainly don't expect everybody to agree with them, some might agree, some will ignore, others will take issue, others will respond with an alternative opinion aligned to mine, but slightly different...

Nothing wrong with that surely ?

"Vive le difference"   famous quote, i believe.

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Disagreeing is far more fun than agreeing. I could start an argument in a cemetery.

Yeah we know...

For me its simple!

Begin replying (quote) to any post with the posters forum name then carry on by using passive language and "generalising"!.

Simple example: "Forum name "I can't see how that will benefit, blah, blah"! Instead of...…. "Doh, Really! Or Giving an example of how your opinion should be considered more because you have had a certain experience in your life, which must mean you know better!

The odd imo makes any post sound less "forceful" and more passive too!

There are a lot of intelligent contributors on this forum who are more than capable of constructing a well thought out post, without the "smart" comments to amuse themselves. Its just about trying to be respectful and I think a number of us recently (myself included) have lost that ability!

Asc3 and I a couple of seasons back were always debating stuff, and more often than not we had opposing views, but I for one (hope he agrees!!) NEVER took any counter argument/opinion of his personally, because they were constructed in a passive, well informed manner, as I hope my underling, "no that's crap" replies were:)

Respect Ladies and Gents! Time to get back on track with that for the sake of the forum!

COYS!

Thank you Royce 71

Personally, I don’t see the need to change my upbeat, semi serious way of writing.

For the sake of respect, I’ll just read your posts, and make polite responses either for or against, depending on how I feel.

There are others on here who I know enjoy, as I do, a bit of banter. I respect that in the same way as I respect your opinions, irrespective of whether I agree with them or not.

COYS

7 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

Thank you Royce 71

Personally, I don’t see the need to change my upbeat, semi serious way of writing.

For the sake of respect, I’ll just read your posts, and make polite responses either for or against, depending on how I feel.

There are others on here who I know enjoy, as I do, a bit of banter. I respect that in the same way as I respect your opinions, irrespective of whether I agree with them or not.

COYS

"Upbeat" for those who agree with you, you mean! An please I would hate for you to make a special effort (respect) towards me or a fellow poster, when truth be you don't really want to!

Plus a far as respecting mine or others opinions you obviously don't otherwise after all what has been posted these past weeks, you would consider raining in your "style" which has come under question has as mine and one or 2 others! An you are not prepared to do so. Nuff said!

Lets agree to disagree and just block one another from here on in!

4 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

"Upbeat" for those who agree with you, you mean! An please I would hate for you to make a special effort (respect) towards me or a fellow poster, when truth be you don't really want to!

Plus a far as respecting mine or others opinions you obviously don't otherwise after all what has been posted these past weeks, you would consider raining in your "style" which has come under question has as mine and one or 2 others! An you are not prepared to do so. Nuff said!

Lets agree to disagree and just block one another from here on in!

Here we go again, you start your reply to my sensible and polite post with a derogatory comment, and then blame me. We’ve already agreed to disagree, so why bring it up again ?

I have no intention of playing your games anymore. You threaten Neophyte and now me with a “block” when the reality is probably neither of us are bothered.

What does that achieve ?

1 minute ago, Tonto911 said:

Here we go again, you start your reply to my sensible and polite post with a derogatory comment, and then blame me. We’ve already agreed to disagree, so why bring it up again ?

I have no intention of playing your games anymore. You threaten Neophyte and now me with a “block” when the reality is probably neither of us are bothered.

What does that achieve ?

I don't view a block as threatening! What a strange word to use? In your case Tonto I see it as a positive way forward for the forum! I won't have to read your "banter" and you won't have to read my "derogatory comments, even though ironically you obviously don't get that some posters find your banter derogatory!

Continue to please yourself and others on the site son!

2 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

In my opinion, blocking anyone on this forum seems a silly way to proceed, but I guess that's just me.

Nothing that anyone on this forum writes EVER offends me. I may get angry, but so what? It's just a collection of words.

I agree. Forums are here for discussion, as per my 'after the game in the pub scenario' people gather together and have a good old discussion/argument.

Everybody likes/dislikes different players within and without the THFC family...

3 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

In my opinion, blocking anyone on this forum seems a silly way to proceed, but I guess that's just me.

Nothing that anyone on this forum writes EVER offends me. I may get angry, but so what? It's just a collection of words.

Each to there own Crom, each to there own!