Spurs Web
Royce 71

What for you will constitute a succesful 18/19 season!

We have made magnificent advances on and off the pitch these past years/season's.

Personally that MUST continue, therefore anything less than CL qualification and another last 16 effort in this seasons CL I would consider failure and a step backwards plus potentially create the breakdown and up of all we have seen and known these past years.

I do not believe we  would be capable to bounce back, come again from a 6th place, non-silverware, poor CL campaign season!

CL qualification for next season would be enough for me - whether that is earned by finishing 4th or winning the EL (preferably both!).

I think Man City will win the title this season and Chelsea will finish 2nd. After that it is pretty open, although I admit that we will have to up our game.

I like Poch and would love him to stay and win things here at Spurs, but managers come and go the same as players do. Did any of us think Poch was our saviour in waiting when he joined Spurs? 

12 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

CL qualification for next season would be enough for me - whether that is earned by finishing 4th or winning the EL (preferably both!).

I think Man City will win the title this season and Chelsea will finish 2nd. After that it is pretty open, although I admit that we will have to up our game.

I like Poch and would love him to stay and win things here at Spurs, but managers come and go the same as players do. Did any of us think Poch was our saviour in waiting when he joined Spurs? 

Not when he joined Crom, but after what he has produced, yes! An there lies my "frustration" or lack of understanding if preferred to why we have not gone ALL-OUT to give this bloke everything within reason, within reason being another 150m for players. Lets not worry about balancing the books at this VERY moment in time Mr Levy, because you have convinced a large number of us that the future is bright, therefore any uncalculated debt now, will be eventually covered by the calculated income!

Successful season means the team accomplished the target goals they set. Not sure what are the target goals before the season begin.

If they set out to achieve better result than last season, that would means getting past the 1st CL knock out round and finish 3rd or above in league. And whatever rounds we got to in FA cup and CCup.

I would expect the team to at least finish 4th place because we should be good enough to compete with Arsenal or MU.

I wouldn't call it a successful season if we finished 4th place.

Top 4 is essential for me because it helps me to believe we are confirming ourselves as a Top Premiership and European team. Also that the Owners,CEO and Manager have the money,belief and skill  to continue the hard earned progress of the last few years.

A team with these qualities would perform adequately in Europe( Thru Group stage) and with luck the occasional Cup.

We were almost there. Lack of 2nd Striker,Proper Captain and very strange Transfer dealings to None At All. It is a sign that things are beginning to go badly and individual players mistakes add to my bad feeling.

We could recover and perform well in all competitions but I honestly can't see it. Even the players are individually not performing at their previous levels.

It won't be a popular theory but I think the slide has begun and I am not sure having a New Ground will be enough to right whatever has gone wrong!!!!

Poch and the Top Players all have Golden parachutes awaiting them. Fans don't!!!!!

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

Top 4 is essential for me because it helps me to believe we are confirming ourselves as a Top Premiership and European team. Also that the Owners,CEO and Manager have the money,belief and skill  to continue the hard earned progress of the last few years.

A team with these qualities would perform adequately in Europe( Thru Group stage) and with luck the occasional Cup.

We were almost there. Lack of 2nd Striker,Proper Captain and very strange Transfer dealings to None At All. It is a sign that things are beginning to go badly and individual players mistakes add to my bad feeling.

We could recover and perform well in all competitions but I honestly can't see it. Even the players are individually not performing at their previous levels.

It won't be a popular theory but I think the slide has begun and I am not sure having a New Ground will be enough to right whatever has gone wrong!!!!

Poch and the Top Players all have Golden parachutes awaiting them. Fans don't!!!!!

So, are you saying that you don't believe that the World Cup had a negative effect on the performance of our players involved in the late stages ?

At a time when , I believe, all pundits are agreed on this point...

38 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

So, are you saying that you don't believe that the World Cup had a negative effect on the performance of our players players involved in the late stages ?

Wasn't the World Cup is n July?

43 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

There is no slide.  

At this time we are holding on in the Premiership and performed badly in Europe.

At this early stage you...may be correct. Time will tell and then Posters on here will have to give their views. I am more than ready to apologise if I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Wasn't the World Cup is n July?

So, you don't want a proper discussion on this ?

You just want to randomly make negative comments, ask questions and then make a daft comment on a sensible reply ?

i'm going to just read your future posts and not respond, except probably to 'lol' from time to time when you amuse me....

Is that what you want ?

3 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

At this time we are holding on in the Premiership and performed badly in Europe.

At this early stage you...may be correct. Time will tell and then Posters on here will have to give their views. I am more than ready to apologise if I am wrong.

lol

That'll be a first then !

47 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

So, are you saying that you don't believe that the World Cup had a negative effect on the performance of our players players involved in the late stages ?

I believed it would in January/February Tonto. So all the more reason to have "refreshed" in the summer!!

The vast majority of your responses on this particular topic, Tonto just open up yet another reason why Enic failed us badly in the recent window and now it is only a question of how that summer negligence will effect us in the future! Hopefully your right and it wont!!

54 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

There is no slide.  

Statistically in the epl, your right Crom. But I know, you know plenty about the game and Spurs in particular to also know there is little to none of the fluidity in our game this seasons comparing to seasons past and individuals are off the pace still imo!

3 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

You just want to randomly make negative comments, ask questions and then make a daft comment on a sensible reply ?

i'm going to just read your future posts and not respond, except probably to 'lol' from time to time when you amuse me....

Is that what you want ?

I believe the World Cup tiredness is an amazing xcuse.

It is interesting that on this occasion you quote "all pundits" and when I mention most pundits and ex Spurs players think not strengthening the squad in the Summer a mistake it is not accepted.

I accept my view is one pessimistic view but allow for it to be wrong. You and other posters cannot accept the possibility that my view is relevant.

10 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

Statistically in the epl, your right Crom. But I know, you know plenty about the game and Spurs in particular to also know there is little to none of the fluidity in our game this seasons comparing to seasons past and individuals are off the pace still imo!

True, in part due to the World Cup, and players not having a rest prior to intense pre season training. This has been much reported. by the club(s) players, and press/media.....

Some people don't accept it, and see it as an excuse.

9 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

Is that what you want ?

I'll gladly have a proper discussion with you Tonto if you don't use the phrase "Nobody knows for sure"! Plus stop patronising people when you do not agree with them!

Lets debate this sensibly my friend and I will begin with...……..

The failure of Enic not to strengthen/freshen up the squad this summer has a greater chance to impair our progression rather than advance it!

Targets, either ready to go or targets who it would have been considered better than certain current squad members should have been in place and acquired without worrying about balancing the books at this very stage of our "progress"! 2-3 at least!

We did expect WC will affect players' form and cause injury problem. That's why we want some new signings in the summer to add some depth to our squad.

We are not only team with players in WC. This affect all big teams in PL and CL.

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

Love that last line Asc3!

1 hour ago, Tonto911 said:

So, are you saying that you don't believe that the World Cup had a negative effect on the performance of our players involved in the late stages ?

Since when did Tonto begin to take notice of what the media write and pundits say! lol!

26 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

True, in part due to the World Cup, and players not having a rest prior to intense pre season training. This has been much reported. by the club(s) players, and press/media.....

Some people don't accept it, and see it as an excuse.

An excuse in that the World Cup players were at a different fitness level and therefore the experts within the Club would have personal fitness plans for each individual.

Since their return they have had the time to recover. Player mistakes are not due to the WC. Hugo has been particularly acting unprofessional and he was,is and remains the Team Captain.

This one example shows things are not great within the Club.

30 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

An excuse in that the World Cup players were at a different fitness level and therefore the experts within the Club would have personal fitness plans for each individual.

Since their return they have had the time to recover. Player mistakes are not due to the WC. Hugo has been particularly acting unprofessional and he was,is and remains the Team Captain.

This one example shows things are not great within the Club.

lol

The way we are playing I can't see how we are going to lose a game. Therefore we could be Premiership Champions and will have a couple of cups at the end of the season.

can we do it? Will we do it?