Spurs Web
Rookie1968

This has to stop

It rained pretty much all the way to the game.absolutely freezing my nuts off outside and inside the ground

then had to endure the torment of the tatics of burnley fc

i understsnd that you sometimes have to do what have to do to in order to get what you want but this has to stop.

time wasting from pretty much the kick off is imo unacceptable fans pay good money to travel and watch football and they don’t deserve what was served up

the fa and the referees association need to get together and stomp on this quick 

i have absolutely nothing against burnley as a club but if their management continues to persue that style of play then i hope they get relagated as i believe there is no place in football for this

and what made matters even worse whilst travelling home in the rain is i found myself totally agreeing with that pratt from talk sport adrian durham who had apparently said sean dyche was killing football with the way he set up and his team played good job we took the 3 points in the end otherwise it would have been a pretty miserable day.

I'm not one for tinkering with the game we all love but in the case of time wasting which I agree with Rookie HAS TO STOP! I would not mind seeing something like what they have in basketball. Persistent fouling (5 I think?) and the 5th player go's out of the game for a period of time. I think I have got this right? So personally I would have the 3rd yellow card for persistent time wasting have a 5-10 minute sin-bin. This I hope would instantly stop managers instructing their players from deliberately time wasting.

2 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

I'm not one for tinkering with the game we all love but in the case of time wasting which I agree with Rookie HAS TO STOP! I would not mind seeing something like what they have in basketball. Persistent fouling (5 I think?) and the 5th player go's out of the game for a period of time. I think I have got this right? So personally I would have the 3rd yellow card for persistent time wasting have a 5-10 minute sin-bin. This I hope would instantly stop managers instructing their players from deliberately time wasting.

It totally ruined the game I wouldn’t mind hearing from a burnley fan to find out if they were happy with the game plan

3 hours ago, Rookie1968 said:

Why not just have referees with big enough balls to put a stop to it early on in the game by giving the offenders a card which will point out to the rest of the team what will happen again if it persists 

I think the refs speak to the players/managers before kick-off about what is acceptable and what wont be? If I'm wrong about this then they should and the time wasting point should be emphasised and as you say Rookie have the balls to tell them, I will be booking players for time wasting right from the 1st to the 95th minute and I wont be afraid to give 2 yellows to any player and send him off for this offence, so make sure you make your players aware!

But ultimately its the Premier League that have to highlight the problem and back and endorse any penalties for this type of negative un-sportsman like play!

Also, the Refs should use their discretion, and in a game like ours, not add any more on the minimum time added. Our game went almost a minute over the 4, and as we were ahead that was potentially going to punish us....

IMO I don't think a team can get the result by doing time wasting tactic from the start.

After we went ahead with Eriksen's goal we don't want those added minutes.

If a team is not trying to win, I believe that our team would say "thank you very much" and unlock their defence to take the 3 points.