Spurs Web
Tonto911

The Poch

THFC HQ.

THFC Representative (TR): "Next"! "Ah Mr Jones! Take a seat. Now, What can we do for you"?

Jonsey (J): I want Poch out!

(TR): Very well, and who would you like us to replace him with?

(J): Maurinho!

(TR): I'm afraid Mr Mourinho would want to much money for himself and to much money in terms of a "war chest". Plus he's footballing philosophy is as far removed from what we have built our reputation on over the past 135 plus years!

(J): Ok! Marcus Allegri!

(TR): Same as above where finance is concerned Sir!

(J): Bredon Rogers then!

(TR): Difficult! You see Mr Levy/Lewis would not be prepared to pay up Poch's contract and a similar amount to buy Mr Rogers out of his!

(TR:) I could possibly offer you Mr Howe or perhaps Mr Wenger? Take some time to think about this Mr Jones then let us know what you would like us to do!

(J): As he leaves:  Grr, bloody, f-ing, (grumble, spitting, veins bulging) useless, Poch c**t, Argi wa**er! He ain't ever gonna leave!

Sorry Jonsey! I'm just being a prat mate who thinks his being funny!

Gary,

i am going to offer you some hope. Ole the"Dead man Walking" has suffered another defeat. I shouldn't be insulting to Utd but their players are very mediocre with the laziest two strikers in Rashford and Martial that I have seen in years. The overall team are rubbish and they produce very little in terms of goal threat or even determination to play at pace.

They will be looking for a New Manager...very soon my friend!!!!

6 hours ago, Asc3 said:

I think Harry was Top European Class and 12 months ago bordering World Class but if that is right why have some of Top World Clubs that are struggling not tried to buy him. He still scores goals but is he becoming inconsistent?.

Dele and Eriksen once again were Top European Class 12-18 months ago. 

Not wanting to turn it around to POCH but it is the Managers job to maintain and develope his players and play them in games,with tactics and rotate them to get the best out of them.

These 3 not being at their best will dramatically affect the squad motivation on and off the field.

That's why Eddie Howe is one of my picks for manager. Howe build a pretty good team without any top class players on a budget and good tactics. Ake is brilliant today.

1 hour ago, Neophyte said:

I think you want Poch out so bad that you are not fine with Spurs losing, you actively want them to lose so he will be gone. You appear to be cheering against his success.

He’s had no success to Cheer about neo. Like I’ve said over and over he’s done nothing special. I can’t be bothered justifying my opinions anymore let’s just put this to bed and let what happens happen. And I’m going to be brutally honest your right I actually do want us to lose because I do not want the club I love declining anymore. I want poch gone now rather than let him take us into the bottom 6 then the bottom 3. I’m suffering every minute of every game and I want change and if that means us losing then so be it. It would be a complete different story if we played good football but were boring as fuck.

36 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

THFC HQ.

THFC Representative (TR): "Next"! "Ah Mr Jones! Take a seat. Now, What can we do for you"?

Jonsey (J): I want Poch out!

(TR): Very well, and who would you like us to replace him with?

(J): Maurinho!

(TR): I'm afraid Mr Mourinho would want to much money for himself and to much money in terms of a "war chest". Plus he's footballing philosophy is as far removed from what we have built our reputation on over the past 135 plus years!

(J): Ok! Marcus Allegri!

(TR): Same as above where finance is concerned Sir!

(J): Bredon Rogers then!

(TR): Difficult! You see Mr Levy/Lewis would not be prepared to pay up Poch's contract and a similar amount to buy Mr Rogers out of his!

(TR:) I could possibly offer you Mr Howe or perhaps Mr Wenger? Take some time to think about this Mr Jones then let us know what you would like us to do!

(J): As he leaves:  Grr, bloody, f-ing, (grumble, spitting, vains bulging) useless, Poch c**t, Argi wa**er! He ain't ever gonna leave!

Sorry Jonsey! I'm just being a prat mate who thinks his being funny!

This is fantastic roycey. I love it. Put a smile on my face.

28 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Gary,

i am going to offer you some hope. Ole the"Dead man Walking" has suffered another defeat. I shouldn't be insulting to Utd but their players are very mediocre with the laziest two strikers in Rashford and Martial that I have seen in years. The overall team are rubbish and they produce very little in terms of goal threat or even determination to play at pace.

They will be looking for a New Manager...very soon my friend!!!!

God I’d love that. But I think Utd owners will go for allegri. Then poch will be desperate to hang on to his job as he will have nowhere to go. Real will not gamble on a manager that’s taken his team into the bottom half of his league. 

9 minutes ago, TC1000 said:

That's why Eddie Howe is one of my picks for manager. Howe build a pretty good team without any top class players on a budget and good tactics. Ake is brilliant today.

Good manager is Eddie Infact  a very good manager. And although I want mourinho or xavi or Rogers I would certainly be happy with Eddie. There’s a wealth of talented managers out there nuno santos is another.

26 minutes ago, Garyjones1271 said:

Good manager is Eddie Infact  a very good manager. And although I want mourinho or xavi or Rogers I would certainly be happy with Eddie. There’s a wealth of talented managers out there nuno santos is another.

Why would any World Class Manager come to Spurs after the way they treated POCH with regards to a strengthening of the squad at an essential time.( For the Club not POCH)

POCH came as a Top 10 Premiership Manager and leaves with an enhanced reputation and a considerable improved contract. He won't  want to stay to see his reputation tarnished so it is only a matter of time.

I agree there a lot of Good managers who could sort out this squad add 2 or 3 solid professionals return the Club to Top 4 and be rewarded for doing so.

As long as they don't demand too much they will do for Mr Levy.

47 minutes ago, Garyjones1271 said:

He’s had no success to Cheer about neo. Like I’ve said over and over he’s done nothing special. I can’t be bothered justifying my opinions anymore let’s just put this to bed and let what happens happen. And I’m going to be brutally honest your right I actually do want us to lose because I do not want the club I love declining anymore. I want poch gone now rather than let him take us into the bottom 6 then the bottom 3. I’m suffering every minute of every game and I want change and if that means us losing then so be it. It would be a complete different story if we played good football but were boring as fuck.

You do remember that we played the Champions League Final just 5 months ago, right? If that was nothing special for you, then I question how much of a fan you really are. 

5 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

You do remember that we played the Champions League Final just 5 months ago, right? If that was nothing special for you, then I question how much of a fan you really are. 

Now what I won’t take is someone questioning my dedication as a fan that has gone to every ground in every condition for the last 30 odd years. I’m deadly serious now the comment you just made is something that I read on a Facebook site and anyone that knows anything about Tottenham Hotspur would know how loyal the  fans that go to every game are. So I have to tell you to stick that comment up your arse mate and to clarify who fucking cheers when you lose a champions league final when you should of won it? 
just remember you talked about success and my reply was we’ve had no success to cheer about. Success is seeing your club win not come second.

16 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Why would any World Class Manager come to Spurs after the way they treated POCH with regards to a strengthening of the squad at an essential time.( For the Club not POCH)

POCH came as a Top 10 Premiership Manager and leaves with an enhanced reputation and a considerable improved contract. He won't  want to stay to see his reputation tarnished so it is only a matter of time.

I agree there a lot of Good managers who could sort out this squad add 2 or 3 solid professionals return the Club to Top 4 and be rewarded for doing so.

As long as they don't demand too much they will do for Mr Levy.

Poch had money to spend from Levy but just not the amount that he wanted. He want to buy players at much higher price range than the previous seasons. You can see a trend when we pay club record fee for Sanchez. 30m for Sissoko.

23m Aurier is the most expensive fullback in recent history. I think he is best paid fullback in our squad.

Poch is no longer willing to work within a tight budget. He believe only the more expensive players can do the job for him. Therefore, he rather leave the squad unchanged in those two windows than look for bargains. 

21 minutes ago, Garyjones1271 said:

Now what I won’t take is someone questioning my dedication as a fan that has gone to every ground in every condition for the last 30 odd years. I’m deadly serious now the comment you just made is something that I read on a Facebook site and anyone that knows anything about Tottenham Hotspur would know how loyal the  fans that go to every game are. So I have to tell you to stick that comment up your arse mate and to clarify who fucking cheers when you lose a champions league final when you should of won it? 
just remember you talked about success and my reply was we’ve had no success to cheer about. Success is seeing your club win not come second.

I had a reply written. Deleted it because it wasn't a responsible post. I will only say that fans never want their team to lose. Period.

Losing the CL Final hurt more than I can explain to you. Liverpool fans were suddenly everywhere here in the States. I saw redshirts at the grocery store, the liquor store, the bar, the restaurant, concerts, festivals, and even church. Doesn't change the run was glorious. It is everything Spurs are about and it should be remembered with appreciation and joy by all Spurs fans. None of us cheered losing. We cheered for the effort. The opportunity that so many other fans would have loved to have. Sorry you don't get it. I find that rather sad.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:10 AM, Neophyte said:

I'd say Eriksen, Rose, and Wanyama, at this point. Eriksen wants to play on the continent now, Rose wants lord knows what, and Wanyama just wants to play and knows he won't see much first XI time with Winks, Sissoko, and Ndombele on the team. These are ones who, for a number of different reasons, are playing up to potential now.

While Toby and Jan are out of contract next summer, I don't believe they necessarily fall into the "wantaway" category. At least not in terms of on-pitch performance. 

So why does he continue to play them?  If it’s true then remove them from the situation.  He was quick to remove players that did not want to buy into his approach early in his tenure.  I would say ruthless in fact.  

I'm not sure how many right and wrong decisions Poch make. The RB issue is still remains.

Promote Trippier to starting RB

Signing Aurier

Trippier remain starting RB, keep Aurier on the bench

Not enough game times for KWP last season

Use Foyth as RB ahead of Aurier and KWP last season

Sell Trippier in the summer

Keep Aurier in the summer

No RB signing in the summer

Playing music chair game with the RB position this season (no idea who supposed to be our starting RB)

1 hour ago, Alonso said:

So why does he continue to play them?  If it’s true then remove them from the situation.  He was quick to remove players that did not want to buy into his approach early in his tenure.  I would say ruthless in fact.  

Brilliant question. I think Poch had his hand forced where Rose is concerned due to Sessegnon’s injury and Davies’s late summer surgery, but as to the other 2 I am clueless. I assume that the issues where they guys are concerned is not so much related to not buying into his approach, as was this case with so many when he took over, and more about form related not getting the transfer they wanted (Eriksen) or injury (Wanyama). Poch is likely hoping that with the right handling they will snap out of it and return to form. That is purely a guess though and at this point I would be looking at dropping all of them on form alone.

Manager go round.

Now: Bayern 

Soon: Utd and Real M

Later: Spurs, Arsenal and Everton and whoever else emerges.

Could be an interesting season!!! By coincidence are these teams listed in order of importance and therefore attract the Top Managers.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:15 PM, Asc3 said:

I think all of these points may have been considerations as would Harry Kane coming into training on a Monday  with a cold would be a consideration.

Ndombele valuation 60m I had never heard of him. Better value players in the Premiership who are more attuned to the Premiership system of play

We have a programme in the UK called "Defend the Indefensible". I don't want to totally dismiss  your points because there are those who  will believe they are relevant. 

I believe there are many possible reasons for our recent demise from recent progress....I am not sure you have mentioned any of them.

Not identifying or acknowledging the problems related to the Coach,Transfer Failings,Contracts, coach vs Player relationships, Player development allow the situation to continue.

He came to my attention last season when he bossed Man City's midfield in CL group stage for Lyon, I think they took 4 points off citeh..... Everybody was raving about him, and also when we signed him. interestingly, not many people rated Mousa Dembele when he first joined from Fulham.....

9 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

He came to my attention last season when he bossed Man City's midfield in CL group stage for Lyon, I think they took 4 points off citeh..... Everybody was raving about him, and also when we signed him. interestingly, not many people rated Mousa Dembele when he first joined from Fulham.....

Fair point. I have heard a few comments that he has made a few wonderful passes so far.

Of course he should develope further as time goes by but we have a large number of current players that are not developing and some that have gone backwards.

Lets hope he has the a personality of fortitude that enables him to progress even in a club that has many problems to sort out.

It is with real regret I feel I have to post this. I would love Poch to be able to turn things around, but I am seeing a Tottenham side I don't recognise. I see a deflated unmotivated group of players, that has lost its swagger and for the very first time, as much as I love Poch, and I do! With the current managerial situations going on hear and in Europe, maybe, maybe its time for a fresh voice and ideas in the dressing room to benefit all parties!

Kovac and Allegri are currently available, an its the latter I would personally prefer, should the managers merry-go-round start sooner rather than later and I think it will and I think its already started behind the scenes with Woodwood at Utd.

I can see Ole Gunna not being at Old Trafford at Xmas with either of the 2 above or Poch replacing him or I can see Poch at Bayern, Kovac at Old Trafford and Allegri at The Lane. Due to a number of circumstances maybe the marriage of Poch and THFC has sadly run its course.

Forever THFC!

Welcome to the club. Like you I had complete faith in him but as 2019 passed with our performances worsening I increasingly lost confidence in him. It was this season that I lost all hope in him finding a solution. I think he could be fairly successful with premier clubs but not with genuine top European clubs.

I thank him for all he did achieve and wish him all the best for the future - especially for him to eventually win some silverware.

COYS

I still believe.

I think the club has been unable to do the things Poch wanted over the last 2 years, for a number of reasons not of Poch's making, most perhaps even unavoidable by the club. For this reason, and due to the amazing CL run Poch lead the team on, I think he and Levy have an understanding and patience will be shown.

Honestly, all purely conjecture on my part but conjecture born of watching these two work together for 5 years now.

On 11/2/2019 at 3:43 PM, Garyjones1271 said:

Rogers........he's won nothing in England,and was a little bit lucky in Scotland as Rangers were out of contention due to being relegated.

Even at Liverpool who had a vastly bigger War Chest than most clubs he won nothing.

59 minutes ago, stanmac said:

Rogers........he's won nothing in England,and was a little bit lucky in Scotland as Rangers were out of contention due to being relegated.

Even at Liverpool who had a vastly bigger War Chest than most clubs he won nothing.

That’s hilarious. He took a decent but  not great Liverpool to within a  slip(Steve Gerard) against Chelsea from winning the premier league then got sacked when they were 7th.

forget Scottish football he then returned to the premier league and in the time he’s been with Leicester is the 2nd/3rd best team in England playing brilliant football. He’s done enough in my opinion to be the stand out candidate to re-build our club in exactly the same way he’s taken Leicester into the top 3. Remember poch has had nearly 6 years to win something and we now sitting in the bottom half of the table.