Neophyte

PL: Brighton & Hove Albion v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Brighten v Tottenham  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Brighton is not a bad team. Yes, we can take them but don't expect them to hand the 3 points to us.

I hope this lineup is not too many changes but I feel we have to rotate the players.

Gazza

KWP   Sanchez Toby Davies

Moura Winks Dier Ndombele

Kane   Lamela

I've got a feeling whatever team Poch puts out will be pretty motivated to give something back after this week. 

Onwards and upwards...three nil to us.

COYS

I can't see no other defender in the back than Verts. A left footed CB is urgently needed, cause thats a part of the problem we need to solve! I wold like to know, if Dier can still play his original position? Dier is a learned CB and an interesting fact about him is, that, although he is a right foot, he was very successfully in the role of a CB(L) when he was playing for Sporting. In fact, he played every fucking position in the defense (DM,RB,LB,CB(L),CB(R)) So, why is he not playing anymore?

I would try and risk:

Sandra from the canteen (I'm that confident)

Kyle - Sanchez - Dier/Verts - Rose

Tanguy - Wany - Lamela

Lucas - Kane - Sonny

In a 4-2-3-1 I would play Son behind Kane and Lamela and Lucas as inverted Wingers, who are switching sides, but keep Sandra in the goal, she couldn't be worse than any of our current GKs. Btw ever mentioned a deal, Eriksen for Navas and 60 mill? Seems to me a realistic deal. Oh wait, Navas signed for PSG, silly me!

Convincing win!

If Fit, I'd like to see the starting 11 as....

Gazza: Kwp or Foyth/Sanchez/Verts/Davies: N'Dombele/Skipp: Dele/Lamela/Son: Kane.

Bench: Lloris/Foyth or Kwp/Lucas/Sessengnon/Parrott/Winks/Dier. Then if 2 goals+ up around 55 minutes, Sessengnon for Davies, giving young Sess 30 minutes + and Parrott for either Harry or Son 10 minutes later.

I would love Poch to be brave enough to leave Toby/Eriksen out! Both are obviously looking at a free and probably gonna sign a pre-contract with a European side in January, so....

COYS!

11 hours ago, jb41 said:

I've got a feeling whatever team Poch puts out will be pretty motivated to give something back after this week. 

Onwards and upwards...three nil to us.

COYS

I hope you are right. My fear is they may be uptight and miss chances. All too often when clubs hit bad patches it can also create pressure. Just how does Poch approach this game? Go for the throat from the start? Play cautiously to avoid conceding? Neither the defence nor attack has been too reliable or dependable except for the Palace game plus there is a need for rotation, so Poch appears to be facing a dilemma.

I still have a faint hope for a win, would reluctantly settle for a draw but can't shake off the possibility of yet another away defeat. 

Being officially old (the new old age starts at 80) my get up and go is declining rapidly. It is more hiding behind the sofa and peeping out occasionally these days. 

Please, please COYS

Poch have to start managing the game for 90 minutes. He have to break the habit of late subs and meaningless subs such as giving a player 10 minute to change the game. Use the subs wisely.

I haven't seen a game this season which our team play well for 90 minutes.  Teams like MC or Liverpool does lose games but they never lose the possession battle. They dominate every game they played.

All of our attacking players must play for each other, not for himself. They are costing us points because they are selfish. 

In first 15 min against Bayern Son went for goals every chance he had. Lamela could be the hero and won the game against Olympiakos if he pass the ball for a tap in but he went for goal from a tight angle and GK made an easy save.

Lloris can't dribble and has a weak right foot. Sissoko can't shoot. Eriksen can't score a PK. All of the things we already knew for a long time. Why keep doing them?

Right, Lloris is now gone beyond a joke. He's got to go.

I felt that he should have been moved on with a top keeper replacing him a couple of seasons ago. Certainly this summer.

His mistakes are costing us big time and he can barely dive so if a half-decent shot comes in, like against Bayern Munich, then it's a certain goal.

That's the last straw for me - he's got to go. A simple tip over the bar and he fucks it up.

5 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

It’s looking like it doesn’t matter who plays

But it does.  The 3 that are not signing are STILL playing and why?  Are we blaming Dele, Winks and Rose for Tuesday?  That’s what it looks like to me