Neophyte

PL: Brighton & Hove Albion v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Brighten v Tottenham  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Because Poch is clueless. He never give the team the best chance to win. Just look at his player selection in the CL final.

At the moment Winks is the first name I put on the team sheet. Without him we doesn't even look like at a team.

Poch waste the first 45 minutes digging himself a hole. We play better after Winks is in.

Again Poch is late to get Moura in. 

Problem is Poch is too stupid to drop anyone even if the out of form unfit won't sign a contract that's not who we want leading our team out...we need a tactician a leader and a proven winner... I'm sorry I'm going to do it  poch out and I'm going to say the M word here it comes........

Mourinho

This is MY club. My one and only club. I don't know what is wrong now but I have been given so many great moments in the last few years. I am thankful for those and because of them, I will continue to support the chairman, the board, the coach and the players as a collective. This bad time will pass.

I believe.

(Not intended as a criticism of anyone else. This is just a statement of where I am.)

17 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

This is MY club. My one and only club. I don't know what is wrong now but I have been given so many great moments in the last few years. I am thankful for those and because of them, I will continue to support the chairman, the board, the coach and the players as a collective. This bad time will pass.

I believe.

(Not intended as a criticism of anyone else. This is just a statement of where I am.)

I understand the "through thick and thin" attitude 50 plus years of supporting Spurs has prepared me for anything. It's been a roller coaster and only in the last few years have I felt that we were making it to top European status.

Only recently had I lost the Spursy feeling and the attitude that if we were 2-0 up I hoped for a draw.

I accepted the Bayern result as a one off horror show but I never,ever expected today's result. The players were outplayed and definately out fought by Brighton. I won't repeat all the signs that things are not good at the club but the constant remains that POCH is responsible.

Poch has benefited from his hard work of the last 5 years but the problem is not today's result it is the last 20 games and the state of each individual player at the club. 

Harry and Ndombele are on 200k a week, Son is on 140k a week. Eriksen is on 75k and most first team players under 100k. Methinks I can see one reason why togetherness and team spirit has been affected.

Bottom line is how will POCH recover this situation. I'm not scared of playing Liverpool I'm scared of playing anyone.!!

We all have club loyalty is just when a marriage starts festering and the kids play up it's going to cause a lot of problems and disappointment. 

We need the next step up a level now levy sorted out the business side poch stop the merry-go-round of Managers but we need to move on before it festers too far. A bit like our midfield weve gone two steps sideways and two steps back

2 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

Problem is Poch is too stupid to drop anyone even if the out of form unfit won't sign a contract that's not who we want leading our team out...we need a tactician a leader and a proven winner... I'm sorry I'm going to do it  poch out and I'm going to say the M word here it comes........

Mourinho

The M word.

That will be the death of this wonderful club.

He'll set us back years.

Totally agree myself as well for nearly 50 years supporting our club different wages now the sad fact that club loyalty is not really there anymore,  you would hope as a captan talisman Harry would  sit down with poch and Levi and say come on we've got to pull this out bag now we need to show spirit and heart on that pitch all of us 100% study trying hard get the coaching and tactics sorted, the fans will turn especially if we loose the next few games 

3 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I understand the "through thick and thin" attitude 50 plus years of supporting Spurs has prepared me for anything. It's been a roller coaster and only in the last few years have I felt that we were making it to top European status.

Only recently had I lost the Spursy feeling and the attitude that if we were 2-0 up I hoped for a draw.

I accepted the Bayern result as a one off horror show but I never,ever expected today's result. The players were outplayed and definately out fought by Brighton. I won't repeat all the signs that things are not good at the club but the constant remains that POCH is responsible.

Poch has benefited from his hard work of the last 5 years but the problem is not today's result it is the last 20 games and the state of each individual player at the club. 

Harry and Ndombele are on 200k a week, Son is on 140k a week. Eriksen is on 75k and most first team players under 100k. Methinks I can see one reason why togetherness and team spirit has been affected.

Bottom line is how will POCH recover this situation. I'm not scared of playing Liverpool I'm scared of playing anyone.!!

I honestly don't see how you blame Poch. Or rather how you blame him in isolation.

We KNOW, without a doubt, that better wages have been offered to Eriksen and Alderweireld. Eriksen would be making Kane money and Alderweireld would have been one of the top 3 defenders in the league in terms of wages had they signed. Neither did. For whatever reason.

Poch has been all but begging for a freshening of the side for over 2 years. It has not happened. Now, the easy thing here is to blame Levy but I don't feel that is fair either as at this point I do not believe he would sign a player Poch didn't want.

This is a collective, systemic failure and there is currently blame to go all the way around. Players who think too much of themselves and will only accept moves to a very limited number of clubs - all above Spurs. A chairman who might be a bit too careful with the purse. A manager who wants a very narrow range of players. A club without a permanent home asking new signings to believe and perhaps work on lesser wages than some other clubs might offer.

No, this is too broad to lay at the feet of one man. And if I am going to keep someone, I choose those that got us here. Levy, Poch, and Kane. 

54 minutes ago, Neophyte said:I honestly don't see how you blame Poch. Or rather how you blame him in isolation.

We KNOW, without a doubt, that better wages have been offered to Eriksen and Alderweireld. Eriksen would be making Kane money and Alderweireld would have been one of the top 3 defenders in the league in terms of wages had they signed. Neither did. For whatever reason.

Poch has been all but begging for a freshening of the side for over 2 years. It has not happened. Now, the easy thing here is to blame Levy but I don't feel that is fair either as at this point I do not believe he would sign a player Poch didn't want.

This is a collective, systemic failure and there is currently blame to go all the way around. Players who think too much of themselves and will only accept moves to a very limited number of clubs - all above Spurs. A chairman who might be a bit too careful with the purse. A manager who wants a very narrow range of players. A club without a permanent home asking new signings to believe and perhaps work on lesser wages than some other clubs might offer.

No, this is too broad to lay at the feet of one man. And if I am going to keep someone, I choose those that got us here. Levy, Poch, and Kane. 

I don't think they tried to negotiate a good deal until they realised they were going go lose the players on a free. I don't rate Eriksen...but I believe he has been on 75k since his last contract whenever that was.

To put Ndombele on 200k  a week a few months ago  when he was an unproved new player must have really upset our regular players that have served the club with loyalty and distinction and got us to where we are today.

Levy,Poch and Harry may get us out of this fix but I think it will be a bumpy road before we get there.

1 hour ago, Craig Truespur said:

It's only a tongue in cheek debate about Mourinho but at least he would stand up to levy's stingy tactics and the want away players and we need a winner 

????????  He didnt stand up to the chelsea lynch mob , they got rid of him despite him making them champion winning players (note I dont consider them champion players. )

14 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I don't think they tried to negotiate a good deal until they realised they were going go lose the players on a free. I don't rate Eriksen...but I believe he has been on 75k since his last contract whenever that was.

To put Ndombele on 200k  a week a few months ago  when he was an unproved new player must have really upset our regular players that have served the club with loyalty and distinction and got us to where we are today.

Levy,Poch and Harry may get us out of this fix but I think it will be a bumpy road before we get there.

This!!!!!   This was always going to happen at some point but yes maybe for Ronaldo type player but not for who ?? Ndombele, never heard of him til he was linked to us , Danny Rose now we know what you meant! lets Google him ........ oh  not worth £200 k a week 

The thing with Ndombele is that he actually appears to be a great buy - he just needs to get up to speed with the EPL and a good understanding of how we play.
During his limited playing time with us the type of player he is and what he is capable of doing, but it's going to take a while for him to settle.

I absolutely agree about the wages side of things - especially if he has come in with £200K a week. He may actually turn out to be worth it in today's crazing wages market, but as already said above, what about the quality players that have stuck with us over the past 5 years on wages that are way below the level that they have been playing at.

Was it a dream? I found myself in the Rocky Horror Show. I have no words for that debacle, but I have one or two words for some players Poch and the baldy man (sorry, don't want to harm any of my baldheaded mates by that!).

First some words to some members, who probably play too much FIFA on the consoles. Judging players who were played out of position and haven't played on regular basis for months is unfair (Dier/Lamela). Dele is a different story, who is more passionate about his looking and his new teeth, but slaming Lamela not being good enough without watching the situation as it is, is shortsighted. Roma can tell you a thing or two about him and prove otherwise. He was one of the best RWs in that time, before Andre "the spineless asshole" Boas almost ruined his career. Same for Dier. When was his last match that he was playing? He was signed as a CB ffs! Poch totally ignored him, same for Wany who is probably the strongest and fastest DM we have, but who is forced to leave. Why? Wany always ran his socks off and never mentioned to leave. Maybe its his fitness or his injuries why the board wants to dump him, but he was always loyal and a powerhouse in the defensive mid. 

Why Sissoko is playing at the right back is a mystery to me. Is Poch honoring Sissoko because he signed a new contract? Should that change the mind of the want aways? There is no other position you can use Sissoko except of the mid. But IMO as a reserve if any. He is over the peak ffs, he is a player to sell not to keep!? This match would have been perfect for Kyle to gain some self esteem. Also because Kyle is a learned RB. Choosing Sissoko over him will probably cause the opposite. Well done (I'm sarcastic).

The Belgian and the Dane really get on my nerves. Poch should stop playing the understanding and nurturing Dad figure and sanction the pack of rats. This bunch of unthankful, illoyal and arrogant prima donnas should fuck off. No salary, and no access to the training ground, same for matches, the locker rooms and the canteen. They don't deserve any support nor another chance. This rotten apples should stay away from the rest of the lads, with their poisonous energy who are causing problems. He also must protect the new signings from this negativity, cause I guess, Ryan and LoCelso regret signing for us. Poch must see the situation for what it is, he has to build up a new team without this passionless want aways! 

Although we came so far in the last years, Poch must confess, he has to go back were he started from and reset. Form a team with the lads who will remain, give trust to those he hasn't played for so long, give them the support they need and be the understanding and nurturing manager that he was when he arrived, who rotates and give every player a fair chance, cause its not only the players, its Poch as well, success has turned his head (sorry for my english). 

Hope our key players can gain some confidence in their national duties, Kane was not by himself when Lamela passed him the ball. Tbh, it was a 100% goal that he didn't make in the 70th minute. The recent events are felt.

But the fish starts to stink with the head (don't no if you have the same expression in english) and that leads to Levy and Enic who introduced us to this down spiral. I predicted what will happen and many of the supporters had the same feeling. The question is, why did we see that happening, but not the board? The sad thing is, Poch and the players will leave, but the hijo de puta who caused the problem will remain. But hey, we can watch NFL matches now, how great is that!?

Anyway, it could be worse. I didn't mean to be cruel, but imagine siamese twins and one of them is gay. Ouch! 

Keep believing, keep praying, keep dreaming and hope for the best. Its time for me to go the Camino de Santiago and find some answers for that mess. Hasta luego!

Cheerio and COYS

A lot of very passionate and sensible things have been written. I do believe these are not knee jerk reaction as this has been going too long now, for a supposedly top 4 club. Players need to be moved on. We all seem to agree which. My 2 cents worth if I may.

As a matter of urgency ( immediately ). GET 2 Quality full backs. Switch to 4 2 3 1. Let the bomb forward pumping in the crosses. This would help twofold. More width and attacking prowess . Better defensive line.

Get rid of Erikson and Toby, Aurier, Rose now. Verts in the summer along with Lamela/Dier, Wanyama.

Obviously have replacents lined up for summer. Young, pacy workaholics

Wasn’t it Fergie who said that every team has a 4-5 year lifespan after which the age , performance and commitment falls away. This is where we’re at and the crash is even more apparent because of the totally lack of investment last year. 

I think this club needs to take a few steps backwards before it can advance and Pochettino buildt this team and he deserves the chance to rebuild and retune it

So after the city result today I wonder if they are saying the same about Guardiola as some are saying about Poch.    Even though city have won silverware.    I saw a post on FB that said something to the effect that if you have a bad month in your work would you expect to be fired.   No.   

COYS.  My club my one and only club.   TTID. 

I hate mourinho style, but its 10x chances to win something under him than under pochetino. We were excited about playing a final (so so lucky..) but we wont win anything under this manager. To win something you have to know tactics and be smart. This guy doesnt know anything about tactics and being smart... he cant speak english after 6 years in uk! 

2 minutes ago, Tazzy said:

So after the city result today I wonder if they are saying the same about Guardiola as some are saying about Poch.    Even though city have won silverware.    I saw a post on FB that said something to the effect that if you have a bad month in your work would you expect to be fired.   No.   

COYS.  My club my one and only club.   TTID. 

Come on! City won trophies and trophies and trophies under guardiola! 

How can you compare guardiola with pochetino?!

I regret continue watching the game after 0-3. But I get to see the reaction of Poch after the 3rd goal at 65min, he went back to the bench and seat.

Moura and Dele are seating behind Poch with an angry face wondering why they are on the bench when the team on the field is shit.

Moura come on at the usual time, got 20 min to change the game. He probably been warming up since the half time. 

Not sure how many humiliating defeats we have to watch before we begin to rebuild. 

Beware that Jan is not the time to sign players. The big names Poch wanted are probably not for sale in Jan. I would advice the club to think carefully before signing more Argentine players.

26 minutes ago, Mihai said:

It was a tongue in cheek comment.....after city losing at home to Wolves 

27 minutes ago, Mihai said:

I hate mourinho style, but its 10x chances to win something under him than under pochetino. We were excited about playing a final (so so lucky..) but we wont win anything under this manager. To win something you have to know tactics and be smart. This guy doesnt know anything about tactics and being smart... he cant speak english after 6 years in uk! 

Admin.  Anyone else mentioning having mourinho as the manager please ban them.   They are pissing me off more than spurs at the moment.  

19 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Wolves is a giant killer. On his day Adama is unstoppable. He draws like 3 yellow cards off MC players and scores 2 goal today.

No shame to MC if they lose the title to Liverpool. Liverpool won all of the league games so far this season. They haven't drop a single point yet in the league.

We are struggling against the like of Villa, Newcastle, and Brighton.

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

they also spent billions under Guardiola  , as you say how can you compare !!! 

I was NOT comparing.  It was a tongue in cheek comment that went way over your heads.