Spurs Web
Hastingsyid

new members

2 hours ago, kcspurs said:

Hello everyone, I found this site through the mobile app and am looking forward to meeting other Spurs supporters here.

I'm an American, and I've been following Spurs for more than 10 years now. My interest in your round-ball football ( :two: ) began when the World Cup was played here when I was a kid (1994) and when we got a fully professional league here in 1996. Before that it was rare to even see football on television here but I fell in love with the game.

The Premier League first started to be televised regularly in the US around 2008, and so the first season I watched heavily was 2008-2009. There would only be two or three matches a week televised on an obscure cable channel, but Spurs seemed to be on a lot. This of course was the year they got off to their worst-ever start and sacked the manager in October. I watched the team under Harry Redknapp battle from the bottom of the table back to finish 8th and it made me a fan for life. They showed a lot of heart even though they did not seem especially talented in those years, and I thought Harry was hilarious.

Today I can watch every Premier League match between my cable TV and an inexpensive streaming package, although your lunchtime fixtures are 6:00 AM for me so it means some early mornings!

I still don't know another Spurs fan in real life, so I'm glad to be here to meet some of you. Hope you are all doing well, look forward to cheering with you!

Welcome Kc!

That 2008-09 season is instilled in my brain from a child ! funny enough I feel like these where the years that solidfied my love and full on interest for Tottenham and the football as a whole. Some of the worlds best players across the league that year! Great to see to even over in the US we've had similar exp watching spurs growing up. 

Ive only been a member for like two days now but this is easily one of the better forums ive used for a while now! 

Look forward to your views and comments!

COYS!

On 11/17/2020 at 3:10 PM, kcspurs said:

Today I can watch every Premier League match between my cable TV and an inexpensive streaming package, although your lunchtime fixtures are 6:00 AM for me so it means some early mornings!

Would you care to give some more details about the streaming package please. I use two android apps which I have installed www.livenettv.sc and www.tvtap.net but recently I installed www.watched.com on my PC, android devices (also woks on Mac PC's) and Amazon firestick. You get latest movies and TV series for free but if you sign up for a year (cost me €20) I also now get 24/7 worldwide TV and usually watch my matches via beIN sports channels. I've had it for a month now and it's been perfect so far

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

Would you care to give some more details about the streaming package please. I use two android apps which I have installed www.livenettv.sc and www.tvtap.net but recently I installed www.watched.com on my PC, android devices (also woks on Mac PC's) and Amazon firestick. You get latest movies and TV series for free but if you sign up for a year (cost me €20) I also now get 24/7 worldwide TV and usually watch my matches via beIN sports channels. I've had it for a month now and it's been perfect so far

Here in the US, the Premier League contract is held by NBC. A small number of games are shown nationally on NBC, and pretty much anyone with a television can see NBC even if they just use an antenna. All other games that are televised are shown on a cable channel called NBC Sports Network. This is the main home for the Premier League in the US, where the pre and post game shows and the highlight shows live.

All remaining matches are available on NBC's streaming service, which is called Peacock Premium. For some people like me Peacock is free because my cable provider is Comcast, and their parent company also owns NBC. For others, they would need to subscribe to Peacock. I believe it is $5.00 USD per month. But having NBC Sports Network and Peacock Premium in the US will give all the live PL matches all season.

This brings me to an idea -

I read about the unpopular Pay Per View scheme they had going for PL matches in the UK. I wonder if someone in the UK were to subscribe to a VPN service like ProtonVPN, which costs me another $5.00 USD per month, could they select a US-based VPN server and then use the Peacock app to view the matches? I'm not sure if it would work or if the speed would be adequate, but I have watched programming limited to UK viewers this way, and I also fooled the Peacock app into letting me watch while I was visiting Canada.

1 hour ago, hastingsyid said:

Good to see the new lads getting involved

:18:

It's great, just what the forum needed, some fresh blood. So nice to sign in and see loads of unread content to go through ! COYS :16:

2 minutes ago, kcspurs said:

Hey @Borodin , is it possible to get the "KC" in my name capitalized? I can't seem to do it. Do you have the power vested in you as a Moderator to do such a thing?

I am but a mere mortal my friend, for such miracles to take place you need the help of God. I shall summon him now.

@hastingsyid are you able to grant this member his wish ?? (It is Christmas after all :26:)

On 12/11/2020 at 10:15 PM, Craig Truespur said:

So it's about time but can we also have unlimited likes and stuff and can I upload any size of file cos I can't seem to send you pictures I promise I won't send any naked ones

This ones out of my hands pal ive tried to change it but the bastard server wont have it,but im trying to change a few things

55 minutes ago, Hastingsyid said:

This ones out of my hands pal ive tried to change it but the bastard server wont have it,but im trying to change a few things

Info for @Craig Truespur

I've been forced to delete some of the pictures I've posted previously in order to get my "picture allowance" back up to a level where I can put some more on. Seemed the only solution. The secret is not to just delete your posts but 'bin' the picture first otherwise it stays locked into your account. Go to your profile and click on 'attachments' that shows all the pics you've posted. Click on one and choose 'edit' it shows a small version of your pic in the post and says "uploaded file" with a bin icon next to it. Use that to dump them.

That worked for me......

Also there's plenty of free software on the internet to 'resize' your pictures so they dont take up as much room before you post them up.

2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

So confusing lol

Each member can only upload 500 Kbs of pictures. If you just delete one of your posts that had a picture in it your total used doesn't change. You have to bin the picture download first and then delete the post.

Hopefully Hastings can change things in time.

Just now, Mr8ball said:

What’s upload fella ,,I can’t even send an email lol

It's when you put a picture in one of your posts. When you are using the internet you are downloading information to your device, when you post information/pictures you are uploading to the internet. Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

It's when you put a picture in one of your posts. When you are using the internet you are downloading information to your device, when you post information/pictures you are uploading to the internet. Hope that helps.

Thanks for reply mate but that does seem a bit weird that I've got to go back and delete Old Posts so I can put her picture on a new post yeah if we can just have have an unlimited size that would be an issue I'm not going to pay anything massive on now I'm just trying to put pictures I've taken on their even struggle to put YouTube link sometimes for some reason