Neophyte

PL: Southampton v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Southampton v Tottenham  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

With regard to how the rest of the season will pan out, I am trying desperately to remain positive. Sadly, after the first 5 games with Jose, the initial burst of enthusiasm for a turn around of the season is now close to bursting.

Suffice to say I am feeling depressed and can't be bothered to comment on this match as I can't find anything positive to say so I shall say nothing. 

COYS 

We are the bad team that POCH,Levy and ENIC left us with. Things ain't changed and can't until Jose has been given the time to correct individuals attitude, work ethic and confidence. All teams bottom half of the Premiership want to play us because their work rate is superior to ours and start off as favourites for the game. Aurier tried hard to have another significant moment which led to an opposition goal but the Saints did not take up his offerings.

Not a time to be a Snowflake it is going to get better once Jose gets a grip of this squad. So many individuals need a arm around the shoulder and a smack around the ear. Dele diving, Harry not showing any world class status, Toby has his increased contract now, Ndombele deemed to at least play 20 plus minutes today. Who played well today....surely one of them did????

6 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

We are the bad team that POCH,Levy and ENIC left us with. Things ain't changed and can't until Jose has been given the time to correct individuals attitude, work ethic and confidence. All teams bottom half of the Premiership want to play us because their work rate is superior to ours and start off as favourites for the game. Aurier tried hard to have another significant moment which led to an opposition goal but the Saints did not take up his offerings.

Not a time to be a Snowflake it is going to get better once Jose gets a grip of this squad. So many individuals need a arm around the shoulder and a smack around the ear. Dele diving, Harry not showing any world class status, Toby has his increased contract now, Ndombele deemed to at least play 20 plus minutes today. Who played well today....surely one of them did????

No, not a single player played well IMO.  Not one 

The result today is very disappointing but it is not Jose's fault. None of Poch's 100m+ spending this season is making much impact. 

Tanguy = injury. Sessegnon does not attack. Not sure which part of Lo Celso worth his price tag. Jack Clarke is not even getting a game.

Poch did not leave Jose with a top 4 team. We were barely above relegation zone under Poch this season.

It's not Jose's fault that Son get a red card in this busy schedule.

Jose did not have time to work with the team with a tight schedule of games. Yes, we are a mid table team.

That's why I don't like to sign players with high price tag. Spend 100m and get no improvement. This squad is not good enough.

Levy must provide some funding for Jose to new players in Jan and summer.

We r shockin, the attitude is appalling, every team we've played lately has shown more hunger and desire then us in spades.  Next in league is the bin dippers,  followed by Watford, with Middlesbrough in cup before then, with the current lack of cohesion and desire i live in hope rather than expectation.

Look, I called for Poch to be replaced based upon the run of form in 2019.  I did not particularly agree with Mourinho's appointment but you hope that he could right the ship.  But all along it was obvious that the players, their attitudes, work rate and lack of desire was the real problem.  We had some suspensions, injuries and form to deal with over this period but I don't believe that there was enough rotation of players, particularly with those players that have been contributing to our demise.  Aurier has played every minute, and has done anything but covered himself in glory.  Now Kane is injured, Dele looks completely shattered and Toby and Jan are making school boy errors. But the most worrying issue for me is a distinct lack of desire shown by every single player on the pitch.  Southampton, and Norwich before that simply out worked us.  Both deserve their results based upon that alone.

I see Jose making the exact same mistakes Poch was making, How many here have called for Eriksen to be parked?  Yet still he plays.  Aurier, Sissoko, on and on yet nothing changes.  If so many of us see these issues shouldn't it be obvious? 

Offer's will come in the Summer and at least half of the squad we see now will not be wearing The Lilywhite for the start of 2020/21 season and I'm not talking fringe players!

City, Woolwich, Utd, Chelsea and one or two clubs in Spain and Germany will be looking to strengthen (because they know how to operate in their prospective leagues). Kane, Dele, Son, Moura, Eriksen, N'Dombele, Foyth, Parrott etc will all be looking to move on. We got as close to we were ever likely to get, with the ownership we have. I so hope I am wrong, but unless Enic sell up, what we saw in 16/17, 17/18 is the best we are likely to see ever again!

Enic bottled it!

12 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

Offer's will come in the Summer and at least half of the squad we see now will not be wearing The Lilywhite for the start of 2020/21 season and I'm not talking fringe players!

City, Woolwich, Utd, Chelsea and one or two clubs in Spain and Germany will be looking to strengthen (because they know how to operate in their prospective leagues). Kane, Dele, Son, Moura, Eriksen, N'Dombele, Foyth, Parrott etc will all be looking to move on. We got as close to we were ever likely to get, with the ownership we have. I so hope I am wrong, but unless Enic sell up, what we saw in 16/17, 17/18 is the best we are likely to see ever again!

Enic bottled it!

I share a lot of your views but not your reasons for reaching them or your final sentence. 

I too fear there is a risk of losing some players if we don't turn our season around (which, based on our recent games), remains a possibility. But there is a counter argument I believe in which is that with Jose now in charge, there is still an incentive for players to stay next season. We need to wait and see how much backing Jose is given for players and who he brings in. With our new stadium and being one of the wealthiest clubs in Europe we should be able to attract good players. 

For me the worst case scenario for this season is that we have stalled in our push to be a genuine top European club and it may take a season or two longer than we hoped for. But I can't agree that the success of the last 4 seasons cannot be repeated. 

I'm feeling flat at the moment but not so dispirited to feel all is lost. We have had our fair share of false dawns over the last 5 years but we have always bounced back.

Audere Est Facere is not our motto for nothing, we have it as it saw us achieve the Glory, Glory days which I enjoyed in the 60s and it will see us see the Glory, Glory days again in my lifetime even though I am 80.

COYS