FAC: Middlesbrough v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Middlesbrough v Tottenham  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

8 hours ago, Neophyte said:

Talk about the match here - before, during, and after. COYS!

Form

Middlesbrough - LWWWW

THFC - WLWDL

On this stat it is going to be difficult. Assuming there is still some pride in the players and Jose is making slow torturous progress I predict a close win.

I've noticed of late whenever the ball comes into our possession the teams that press immediately giving little or no time to think and act, our lot are hopeless dealing with it. Too often they either lose possession or the pass to one of ours is so poor it gets intercepted. Middlesborough is certain to press and haras with a 5 and 4 defence which we have never mastered breaking down. We will press high when we are attacking and they will exploit the space we are leaving and hit us on the break. We will struggle to score and quite likely concede. 

During Jose's first five games, in 4 of them, we played some great football with a lot of determination and spirit. Suddenly we were buzzing and confidence was high. The future looked bright. Then it started falling apart and the last 3 games have again changed the picture. Confidence must now be dwindling to low and the future has become worrying. Because of this, any prediction will have to be a wild guess. Middlesborough is playing well and winning and will go for the throat from the start. Therefore, I shall go for a win but prepare myself for the worst.

COYS

On 1/2/2020 at 8:05 AM, Asc3 said:

On this stat it is going to be difficult. Assuming there is still some pride in the players and Jose is making slow torturous progress I predict a close win.

I hope your assumption they still have some pride left is correct as there is little evidence of it to be seen in their last 3 games. I also like your word 'tortuous' and shall plagiarise it in the future in some of my posts. It sums up the situation we are in exactly. I shall nominate it for the word of the month.  LOL

COYS

I fear a defeat. I'm thinking we're up against a team at home on a roll and we're in a slump without Kane and I can see that they will have more desire, more composure and fight. But it's a funny old game and i hope I'm eating humble pie come Sunday afternoon - it'll make change from another Turkey dish.

Agh!! James and Paxton having managed to convince myself that we played in a European Final only last year! And inferior opposition would present the opportunity to revitalise the club, players and fans you both hit me with a dose of realism. Your both right it's going to be a tough game and we probably don't start as favourites. 

Poch will be having a laugh in his Counting House " counting out his money". No more stress for him.....

11 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Agh!! James and Paxton having managed to convince myself that we played in a European Final only last year! And inferior opposition would present the opportunity to revitalise the club, players and fans you both hit me with a dose of realism. Your both right it's going to be a tough game and we probably don't start as favourites. 

Poch will be having a laugh in his Counting House " counting out his money". No more stress for him.....

Ha! I’m not sure it’s realism yet? It might be after ten minutes when we can see that Spurs haven’t turned up. Well, James has actually said “ I’ll go for the win” It’s me that is not optimistic - for the first time in ages. 

Middlesbrough are 16th in the Championship....of course we'll win,or we'll definitely draw.

If this fella Mourinho is all that he's cracked up to be.

This is the reason Troy Parrott should have been given more game time,but his record of introducing youth isn't good.

If Parrot doesn't play then that's the last time I'll watch Tottenham whilst the "Special Once"is in charge.

49 minutes ago, Paxton said:

Ha! I’m not sure it’s realism yet? It might be after ten minutes when we can see that Spurs haven’t turned up. Well, James has actually said “ I’ll go for the win” It’s me that is not optimistic - for the first time in ages. 

Yes, I did go for the win, but also said I would prepare for the worst which sort of suggested I was far from confident and predicting more in hope. 

COYS 

I said it previously,he wants the cameras to be on him and him making the headlines.

He did just that at Southampton by getting himself booked.

Camera1 I'm over here....camera 2 I'm over here...camera 3 I'm just about to go into the Southampton dugout.....folllow me.

The Moron.

No easy game this season. I would focus on getting some fresh legs on the field after a busy schedule.

My concern is Dele. We don't want him injured due to fatigue.

I think Parrott should play at some point but may be not in the starting line up.

Winks have enough time to understand why he is dropped in previous games. Hopefully he learnt his lesson.

Continue to give Sessegnon the chances and hope that we will be rewarded.

Gazza

KWP/Aurier   Sanchez    Toby      Sessegnon

Gio       Skipps    Winks

Moura       Son          Lamela

Middlesbrough are 16th in the Championship....of course we'll win,or we definitely draw.

This is the reason Troy Parrott should have been given more playing time....an injury to Kane.

Mourinho's record of playing youngsters isn't good.

If Troy Parrot doesn't play I'll never watch Tottenham again as long Mourinho's in charge.

I said it previously,Mourinho wants all the headlines.

This was proven yet again against Southampton.

Camera 1 I'm over here...Camera 2 I'm over here.....Camera 3 I'm over here and I'm just about to go into the Southampton dugout.

The Moron.

I hate to say it but cannot see a win if it’s anything like last game.   Saddens my heart.   I hope Jose has given them a real rocket up the arse.  But really even if he has can’t see it making a difference tbh.  I hope like Paxton I eating humble pie.  

4 hours ago, stanmac said:

Middlesbrough are 16th in the Championship....of course we'll win,or we definitely draw.

This is the reason Troy Parrott should have been given more playing time....an injury to Kane.

Is this the same playing time POCH gave Parrott? I think he as given a small chance but POCH didn't continue it?..

We will control the tempo of the game, draw them onto us and create space in behind, expose them and manufacture chance after chance, scoring goal after goal with our superior movement. Oh, hang on! That means we will have to retain possession and be able to string 3 passes together. Forget that then!

During my time Spurs had won the cup more times more than any other team which I was proud for them. I felt sorry when we no longer held that accolade. For me, the FA cup is a big trophy and high on my lit of priorities. I will be sad if we lose. 

Thankfully, Jose thinks the same and has picked a strong team saying the cup is important to him. I hope we never reach a stage where any match is not important. We need to be like Klopp and Liverpool and want to win every single game. 

COYS 

25 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Anybody have a stream that will work in Canada?

If you can download the app LiveLounge, click on Sports IPTV then LL Sports, it is being shown Bein Sports 11 and BT Sports 1 UK and UK HD. 

COYS