Neophyte

PL: TOTTENHAM v Liverpool

Tottenham v Liverpool  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Damage control. At least they were trying and fighting. Wish the lads will play with the same passion the next matches. Eriksen should fuck off. We need a striker. Son doesn't bring anything to the game. Winks should learn how to mark his man and where he should stand. Tanganga looks promising

At the end of the day it was our own fault we lost. Too often we gave the ball away through misplaced passes or being robbed of possession. But the real reason is we had 5 very good scoring chances and never took one! 

Jose's tactics were good but the players had to execute them and didn't. It's sad, but the mountain we are climbing has just got higher. 

Time to get over it and get on with the season. It's beginning to look insurmountable, but we've just played the supposedly best team in Europe and could have won if we had our shooting boots on with the defence standing up well against a high scoring side. So perhaps this is going to be the turning point and our season is going to get better. 

AUDERE EST FACERE. 

COYS 

2 hours ago, Asc3 said:

I don't think our performance is too bad. Good players missing and playing a very good team. W are not out of it....yet....

I’d rather we got smashed than lose missing to guilt edged chances. Jeezus I could’ve slapped Lo Celso’s effort in with me Dick ffs

I think that we'd all agree that on the whole, the performance today was probably one of the best efforts this season (except for the wasted chances on goal).

Was really impressed with young Tanganga's performance for his debut PL game. Fingers crossed that Jose believes in the guy and that he will be given plenty more chances to prove himself over the coming weeks.

If we are to continue with playing 3 CB 's, then give Sess a good run of games at LWB / LM

To be honest it was a close game and we could have had a closer result. To continue the honesty not many of our players would get into the Liverpool team. 

Jose will sort this squad out but he needs time. Take Harry and Dele out of the team out they are pretty ordinary. Still cannot understand  why Parrott is not played when he is an international. Managers not brave enough or Parrott not good enough. Always remember Harry a success in Europe and  lucky to get a Premiership chance and never looked back. Our academy has not been trusted.

We didn't deserve to lose today. Jose did his job today. His game plan and sub changes are good. We missed two big chances and a couple half chances. I expect Son and Lo Celso to score in those situation.

Son have to step up. It is his mistake that sealed the Chelsea win and put us in a difficult position for 3 other games. What has he done for us lately?

13 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

At the end of the day it was our own fault we lost. Too often we gave the ball away through misplaced passes or being robbed of possession. But the real reason is we had 5 very good scoring chances and never took one! 

Jose's tactics were good but the players had to execute them and didn't. It's sad, but the mountain we are climbing has just got higher. 

Time to get over it and get on with the season. It's beginning to look insurmountable, but we've just played the supposedly best team in Europe and could have won if we had our shooting boots on with the defence standing up well against a high scoring side. So perhaps this is going to be the turning point and our season is going to get better. 

AUDERE EST FACERE. 

COYS 

I agree with all that and Mourinho’s new JT looks to have a brightfuture. I remember how well he played in the Audi comp. The Poch shoul have picked him !

1 hour ago, Tonto911 said:

I agree with all that and Mourinho’s new JT looks to have a brightfuture. I remember how well he played in the Audi comp. The Poch shoul have picked him !

The more I thought of the game last night, the more I realised how well we had played. In fact, I genuinely feel it was us who should have won and not them. Liverpool are a very good side but week in week out they get the rub of the green that turns the game their way. They were wrongly given the throw in from which they immediately scored. Take that away and they didn't score!

Jose's tactics were spot on. Had we gone for all out attack as some on here had suggested, they could have torn us apart. By defending more deeply we took away the space they are so good at exploiting. We held our shape and and blocked, tackled and cleared fantastically when they were looking to shoot in our box. We showed we have learned to defend as there was only one slip up when they scored. 

We were sloppy with our passing and giving the possession back too many times which spoiled some of our attacks, and we need to work on that. However, we created some really good chances that carved their defence apart. Possibly because a win was so important, we fluffed them. On another day we could have scored 2 or 3. In these cases, it was not them defending well that stopped us scoring. 

I am feeling doubly sad this morning, as I feel on what I saw in that game, the wrong team walked away with the points. But I shall get over that as I felt for the first time that Jose is is getting his tactics right, the team are playing well and his interview after the match shows he is controlling his emotions better. 

OK, in the EPL we are facing an uphill climb for 4th and even top 6 will be tough. However, even if we don't finish as high as we would have liked, I no longer feel it will be a disaster. The players will see that next season starting level with the rest, we can be genuinely compete with the top teams. That means are best players should stay and we can still attract decent players. Also, we are still in 2 cup competitions and on last night's evidence, we are still in with a chance of silverware. 

For me the fighting display of last night is like the Phoenix rising from the ashes. A couple of signings this window and starting to use the young players and those bought in the summer gives rise to hope for the future for me. 

Audere Est Facere 

COYS 

Tanganga in the first 11 was a great move. Can it be worse than our defence in the last games? No. And it was better. 
Eriksen is lost. Aurier playing as a winger? I dont like him but it was not a disaster. He crossed that brilliant ball missed by locelso.

The big problem is that we dont build on results. Cos we dont have results. :) Special one is not special anymore, in the same time we dont have enough quality in the team. All of us always believe very much in this generation, the question is... maybe most of them are overrated?! 
I dont believe mourinho is a builder, but will see. 
Table doesnt lie, no european football next season, somehow it s a big disaster in terms of money. But who cares, Levy wont spend anything anyway.

19 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Tanganga in the first 11 was a great move. Can it be worse than our defence in the last games? No. And it was better. 
Eriksen is lost. Aurier playing as a winger? I dont like him but it was not a disaster. He crossed that brilliant ball missed by locelso.

The big problem is that we dont build on results. Cos we dont have results. :) Special one is not special anymore, in the same time we dont have enough quality in the team. All of us always believe very much in this generation, the question is... maybe most of them are overrated?! 
I dont believe mourinho is a builder, but will see. 
Table doesnt lie, no european football next season, somehow it s a big disaster in terms of money. But who cares, Levy wont spend anything anyway.

I agree. In the latter POCH days I suggested through good management and a lot of luck he developed our golden generation over a 4 year period. Because ENIC,Levy and POCH failed to recognise that in the lean years when no money was spent it would have to be saved to be spent when needed. It was needed 18 months ago when we would have got by with just a 2nd striker. More success on the field might have led to more aspiration in consolidating Top 4 status.

Hoping we can get rid of our unwanted players as soon as possible. Jose cannot buy replacements until he knows what gaps he has to fill. We have never been pro-active in the Transfer market and we do not have the money to buy replacements without getting rid.

Arriving at next season with our normal farting around with the decision making may mean another season with an unsettled squad. It's a heavier price than was realised when we failed to purchase in the last two windows.

i don't know how our finances are affected by not having Europe or being 6-8 place. Despite the new ground costs I am certain we made unexpected profits last year. New ground costs must have been budgeted using caution so there must be some money available to Jose.

i don't expect miracle buys but look forward to some good professional players I have heard of?? Which suggest an immediate strengthening of the first team. Not expecting much in this transfer window.

2 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I agree. In the latter POCH days I suggested through good management and a lot of luck he developed our golden generation over a 4 year period. Because ENIC,Levy and POCH failed to recognise that in the lean years when no money was spent it would have to be saved to be spent when needed. It was needed 18 months ago when we would have got by with just a 2nd striker. More success on the field might have led to more aspiration in consolidating Top 4 status.

Hoping we can get rid of our unwanted players as soon as possible. Jose cannot buy replacements until he knows what gaps he has to fill. We have never been pro-active in the Transfer market and we do not have the money to buy replacements without getting rid.

Arriving at next season with our normal farting around with the decision making may mean another season with an unsettled squad. It's a heavier price than was realised when we failed to purchase in the last two windows.

i don't know how our finances are affected by not having Europe or being 6-8 place. Despite the new ground costs I am certain we made unexpected profits last year. New ground costs must have been budgeted using caution so there must be some money available to Jose.

i don't expect miracle buys but look forward to some good professional players I have heard of?? Which suggest an immediate strengthening of the first team. Not expecting much in this transfer window.

We lose a lot of money not playing in the CL. Fail to get into Europe and it will amount to a massive amount.  Our good run last season brought in just under £100,000. If the worst happened and we finish out of the top 6, for me it is not a case of whether we can afford it, but still an absolute necessity. When we improved to being a regular top 4 side, we may have done it on a shoestring, but there were only 3 teams playing well enough to challenge. This season there are 2 certainties (Liverpool and City)  and 3 quite probables (Leicester and Chelsea and Utd). Add to that Wolves and Sheffield Utd there are 2 dark horses punching above their weight. Add us into the mix, there is an argument that current form suggests there is a top 8 fighting for a top 6 spot!!  

For me, Levy has to take the risk as Liverpool did 2 or 3 seasons ago. Look at them now. This 'must sell' to get the money first is a silly argument. For a start, those we want to sell won't bring in sufficient funds to buy anyone decent. Just because we managed some cheap buys who we turned into good players doesn't mean we can do it again. If it was that simple, everyone would be doing it. Also, why bring in a proven top manager and then ask him to turn us into a top European club winning trophies and then give him peanuts to do it. We must learn the lesson from our slump - the squad we had built worked well but reached its level - it ran out of steam without strengthening. If Levy is ambitious, let him prove it.

COYS