Jump to content
Spurs Web
Mr8ball

Danny rose

Recommended Posts

As we can all read ,,Danny Rose isn’t very happy with Jose not playing him at spurs,,,that’s why he has gone on loan,,,now I have always liked Danny rose for his style of play.

But in his interview,,,he forgot to mention that he is gonna run his contract down ,,maybe for personal reasons like playing regular football and wanting to be selected for England,,,he might wanna keep his gob shut and just keep thinking those thoughts!!!

his personal goals have nothing to do with spurs,,,so I think mr levy might be pissed off with him ,,and maybe asked Jose not to play him or basically fuck him and his personal goals ,,,he has 18 months left on his contract he must be daft to think spurs weren’t gonna try and play whithout him straight away 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

As we can all read ,,Danny Rose isn’t very happy with Jose not playing him at spurs,,,that’s why he has gone on loan,,,now I have always liked Danny rose for his style of play.

But in his interview,,,he forgot to mention that he is gonna run his contract down ,,maybe for personal reasons like playing regular football and wanting to be selected for England,,,he might wanna keep his gob shut and just keep thinking those thoughts!!!

his personal goals have nothing to do with spurs,,,so I think mr levy might be pissed off with him ,,and maybe asked Jose not to play him or basically fuck him and his personal goals ,,,he has 18 months left on his contract he must be daft to think spurs weren’t gonna try and play whithout him straight away 

 

Footballers have to realise that anyone playing for a club, it is no different to working for a firm. Both have to make a profit and stay in business. No matter how good a player has been, once that player, either through injury or age, cannot contribute to the level required, they have to be moved on. 

If THFC had been rolling in money like Utd, City and Chelsea, we too would have been paying top dollar buying  and paying wages. But we aren't and can't carry dead wood. If he worked in industry and his firm found they could no longer afford him, they get laid off. It's tough, but that's life. These footballers must know the score and should stop moaning. The manager/coach is responsible for getting the squad to play to their best and not the players who all want to be playing. 

If he wanted to run down his contract, fine. But he has to be able to play well enough to be an asset. If he can't, he has to go. In the words of a meerkat, simples. 

COYS 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Danny, was my fav to be honest he never took no shit and always gave it back, I like that . oh and he played some good stuff (and some duff stuff) 

But his life is important to him, he only gets one career and its going to be passed its best very soon if not already so i get his point of view, he never really let THFC down , had mental issues who knows if the club supported him with them or not, unlikely given that Lennon was also fucked up in the head and never said it til hed left THFC  ,

Levys a twat so yeh move to Mike Ashley club  DOH !!!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked roses never die attitude on the pitch but off the pitch is very disruptive. Another negative for him is he never seems to smile even when you're winning on the pitch? Have you not noticed even when we were doing well on the Champions League I don't think he's ever showing his teeth in a positive way. He seemed to lose his crossing abilities as well after his injury. He was probably the best left winger we had at getting crosses over and it just suddenly left him.

By the way some of us around might Spurs addicted Society sas post on football banter. It'd be good to see you boys over there. Yeah, because it seems to just be the older folk at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll reiterate what I said about him before. I won't judge him on some of his post injuries performances. When he partnered Kyle Walker they were often hailed as the best wing backs in the EPL. He played a major part during the period we moved from top 6 to top 4. For me, I think he should be included in the long list of Spurs stalwarts and I remember him with affection. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some happy memories of Danny Rose and remember short periods of time where he played quite well...but they were short periods. Games played suggest longish periods of injury. His goal tally is woeful....a defender would score more own goals than Danny's tally.

After his last long injury he became ungrateful for everything he had been given previously and I think became a disruption within the squad. My overriding memories will be of him charging down the wing with no end product and often defensively being caught out of position. Like Eriksen Spurs played and nurtured these players thru good and bad times and could have expected loyalty in their ???best professional days.

His Spurs story is not done yet but I don't see my negative view of him changing as he runs down his contract to try and get a better personal deal elsewhere. Perhaps we would all do it but it's on the increase and I don't like it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Asc3 said:

I have some happy memories of Danny Rose and remember short periods of time where he played quite well...but they were short periods. Games played suggest longish periods of injury. His goal tally is woeful....a defender would score more own goals than Danny's tally.

After his last long injury he became ungrateful for everything he had been given previously and I think became a disruption within the squad. My overriding memories will be of him charging down the wing with no end product and often defensively being caught out of position. Like Eriksen Spurs played and nurtured these players thru good and bad times and could have expected loyalty in their ???best professional days.

His Spurs story is not done yet but I don't see my negative view of him changing as he runs down his contract to try and get a better personal deal elsewhere. Perhaps we would all do it but it's on the increase and I don't like it...

I like alternative views that bring things into perspective. Too often people like me can be too optimistic which means I all too easily forget the times when fair criticism exposed the frailties which your post has reminded of. 

I will still remember him with fondness because I liked the guy. However, I can see the points you raised are as valid as my view of him and possibly could be a truer reflection. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I like alternative views that bring things into perspective. Too often people like me can be too optimistic which means I all too easily forget the times when fair criticism exposed the frailties which your post has reminded of. 

I will still remember him with fondness because I liked the guy. However, I can see the points you raised are as valid as my view of him and possibly could be a truer reflection. 

COYS 

I have the feeling my view is a minority view. I think Danny is a decent guy but as a footballer for Spurs he lost his way and whether it is because he is losing his skill and determination level and is looking for a soft landing somewhere else. Managers of other clubs will recognise these failings...players leaving Spurs rarely go to better clubs or situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Carrick, Walker, Lineker, Sheringham!!

Well if you are going to be pickey!! One or two did better themselves. I still wouldn't put Rose or Eriksen in this class....and you do realise you include Walker and Carrick in your example??? Lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

Well if you are going to be pickey!! One or two did better themselves. I still wouldn't put Rose or Eriksen in this class....and you do realise you include Walker and Carrick in your example??? Lol...

Just saying Asc3! All went on to add medal's to their cabinets and I suspect Eriksen will pickup one or two with Milan? 

Ps. Rose gave us his best years in my opinion and gave more than he received and for that he will always be a Spurs legend for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He also wanted to jump ship as soon as Walker headed to city,,,,,no doubts he is a very talented player ,,but I just think his own ego is very inflated ,,which might not be very good for the dressing room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may well be right Mr 8 Ball? He doesn't strike me as being that kind of character but who knows? I just think he got feed up seeing others come into the club and some already at the club being given lucrative contracts and Danny is sitting there thinking I've given this club my best years, where's my new deal! And when it wasn't forth coming he lost his love and desire for the club. But once again, who knows?

COYS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah mate I do agree,,but when spurs brought Ben Davies another international,,,your never gonna be starting every match,,,this situation may occur with verts ,,,the ability and the silky skills are there ,,,but he has lost his pace 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see our mate has been giving his view again!!!

i would like to say I don’t give a fuck about your mental health ( and he will mention that over and over and over again).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a way you have to feel sorry for Danny rose ,,he will finish his loan spell at Newcastle ( they are not gonna buy him)come back to spurs with less than 12 months left on his contract and not be in the 1 st team squad and then he will not be offered a new contract and no one will take him on unless his wage demands go  down buy 70% ,,,so he will retire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

In a way you have to feel sorry for Danny rose ,,he will finish his loan spell at Newcastle ( they are not gonna buy him)come back to spurs with less than 12 months left on his contract and not be in the 1 st team squad and then he will not be offered a new contract and no one will take him on unless his wage demands go  down buy 70% ,,,so he will retire 

Sorry mate I don't should got his head down kept his mouth shut and just played football worked hard to get back in the team.

I've always said he's not the best  left back anyway it should have been played as a left winger some reason he forgot how to cross the ball which didn't help him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was pretty good before that long lay off with an injury. In the days of Walker and him playing as wing backs, I feel he deserves as much credit as all the players in that season we came 2nd. Sadly, as is sometimes the case after a bad injury, he never recaptured his form. That led to him no longer getting a regular start and the situation he finds himself in now. Add to that the idiots in the crowd making racists comments to black players (including him), he is only human so he is reacting by speaking to the press. They love to promote dissent and the anguish players go through.

I wouldn't deny him the right to speak his mind, but I would caution him to be careful of when and what he says. He is at a crucial time in his career and must be careful he gets the best he can for these last few years. I thank him for his part when we were successful and wish him all the best.

We all view things differently and that is just my take on the guy.

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×