Jump to content
Spurs Web
Neophyte

PL: Aston Villa v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Villa v Tottenham  

10 members have voted

  1. 1. What's your result?

    • Win
      9
    • Lose
      1
    • Draw
      0


Recommended Posts

Guest
3 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

You really arent watching are you !  Never hides great engine good passing and close control fantastic attitude ( gets fouled gets up plays on) English 

 

With that attitude he must be ..........wait for it

 

 

 

 

Welsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes he was his effort is amazing but he needs the players around him to support him as you've hinted, Celso should have been on so much earlier if ending belly....ndembele is not fit why the hell did we buy him. I reckon JM was saving the players hopefully for the Champions League and then roll a games coming up just just about worked out we just need the Goonies to lose now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously delighted we won but so many spurned chances today from poor shots, delayed shots, late/bad passes or wrong decisions. Thankfully Son (one of the main wasteful culprits) finally took one of them with a rare bit of composure. 

Bergwijn gets stuck in and i like him a lot so far, but he doesn’t look anywhere near as fast as I thought he would. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought he was supposed to be rapid?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

You really arent watching are you !  Never hides great engine good passing and close control fantastic attitude ( gets fouled gets up plays on) English 

Mate, I watched the match. We were poor. And that is what is frustrating me, clubs like Brighton, Norwich, Villa, ... (including their average players) look better than they are, because of our inefficiency! Btw, according to our ranking we have the worst stats at defending standards. Thats too little for a so called title contender! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

Obviously delighted we won but so many spurned chances today from poor shots, delayed shots, late/bad passes or wrong decisions. Thankfully Son (one of the main wasteful culprits) finally took one of them with a rare bit of composure. 

Bergwijn gets stuck in and i like him a lot so far, but he doesn’t look anywhere near as fast as I thought he would. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought he was supposed to be rapid?! 

To be fair they said he was best fastest in the Dutch league ,don't really play fast football today it's just sexy football...of course de weed ooof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

Mate, I watched the match. We were poor. And that is what is frustrating me, clubs like Brighton, Norwich, Villa, ... (including their average players) look better than they are, because of our inefficiency! Btw, according to our ranking we have the worst stats at defending standards. Thats too little for a so called title contender! 

We are not title contenders were scrapping for fifth, I've been given Mourinho benefit of the doubt lately but I think he's midfield choice was terrible again today donkey Dier should never be seen in a spurs shirt again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot it is 1 hour behind here so switched on to watch on my tablet and the score was 2 - 2!!!! I had to watch a nervy 30 minutes plus 4 minutes additional time. My spirits were dropping to zero and for once we had the lucky break. 

I've no idea whether we deserved to win but don't care. We remain on course and that is all that matters.

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

 That was a mess up by aderwield but why lloris also not called and come and got it why the hell is dier starting

OK, a question from the dumb Yank, Shouldn't Lloris have came out and grabbed the ball rather than depend on his defender. I think he left Aderwield hanging in the breeze.

keep in mind my football learning is way behind but geez....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, One9marine said:

OK, a question from the dumb Yank, Shouldn't Lloris have came out and grabbed the ball rather than depend on his defender. I think he left Aderwield hanging in the breeze.

keep in mind my football learning is way behind but geez....

Your right my friend. Lloris's all round decision making is poor to say the least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, One9marine said:

OK, a question from the dumb Yank, Shouldn't Lloris have came out and grabbed the ball rather than depend on his defender. I think he left Aderwield hanging in the breeze.

keep in mind my football learning is way behind but geez....

Dead right. It's a few feet from his goal and he could/should have made it his. Would Toby have been aggrieved if Hugo had run forward and grabbed it - no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spurfect said:

Mate, I watched the match. We were poor. And that is what is frustrating me, clubs like Brighton, Norwich, Villa, ... (including their average players) look better than they are, because of our inefficiency! Btw, according to our ranking we have the worst stats at defending standards. Thats too little for a so called title contender! 

I know u were bud. We were discussing Grealish i really like him. His reaction at Birmingham to being assaulted for me said a lot about him. Imagine that same thing happened to Rudiger or Mane!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
51 minutes ago, One9marine said:

OK, a question from the dumb Yank, Shouldn't Lloris have came out and grabbed the ball rather than depend on his defender. I think he left Aderwield hanging in the breeze.

keep in mind my football learning is way behind but geez....

 

He's got to go.He was absolutely awful today ( again )

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
13 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

I know u were bud. We were discussing Grealish i really like him. His reaction at Birmingham to being assaulted for me said a lot about him. Imagine that same thing happened to Rudiger or Mane!!!

 

When the transfer fee and wages were agreed between Tottenham and Villa,Levy pulled the plug when Grealish asked for 2 tubs of Vaseline on top of his wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stanmac said:

 

When the transfer fee and wages were agreed between Tottenham and Villa,Levy pulled the plug when Grealish asked for 2 tubs of Vaseline on top of his wages.

you kill me, Stan! Hahaha....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't want to provoke anybody, but I find El Ghazi looked pretty good in the match. Espeacially in first half. Villa dominated the right flank. He had good runs, efforts and created chances. Not to forget, he was involved in Tobeys own goal. Why he was rated that low is probably because he was brought off early on in second half. Comparing him and Grealish I didn't see a big difference tbh, but on paper it looks like comparing a Yorkshire Terrier to a Doberman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes it does help to watch Match of the Day and generally only stomach it when we win. 

It made it look some more obvious that both goals Lloris was at fault, every ball comes into the box he bottles it the second goal was so embarrassing he went to come out and punched and grab the ball and he actually ran backwards.

I can't believe that Mourinho doesn't practice crosses and shouts at him to come and claim the ball or shouted offence to organise and tell them I've got it and instill confidence.

If he keeps doing this and it's against better opposition we are going to suffer.

Swap Lloris for Claire Reiner because he was outstanding today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×